Federal Election Polls

How did stimulus spending have anything to do with the gov being or not being brought down, speaking of being on crack.

Because, and I'll give the opposition credit here, Harpers initial response to the Global Downturn was to maintain that he would keep the books balanced.

So then we got the dog and pony show of the 3 opposition parties wanting to form a coalition which clearly wasn't what the electorate had in mind when they voted in 2008. So Harper would have to change course, and we got the Canadian Economic Action Plan.

New leader Iggy was either satisfied with that plan or knew that the coalition was a loser from the get go.

I probably would be if I knew more about it. There is a lot of politics going on, Hard to keep track of all the politics and I don't live in Ontario so it's not at the top of my list.

If you did live in Ontario, you'd have a better idea of what neo-Liberals are up to these days. Since Wynne and Trudeau campaign for each other, that's no exagerration. Ontario's deficit is greater than all the provinces AND the Federal government - combined! Do your homework and get back to us with your criticisms.

If you did live in Ontario, you'd have a better idea of what neo-Liberals are up to these days. Since Wynne and Trudeau campaign for each other, that's no exagerration. Ontario's deficit is greater than all the provinces AND the Federal government - combined! Do your homework and get back to us with your criticisms.

Um, what's no exagerration?

That wynne is campaigning for trudeau ,because trudeau likes a lot of ONT ideas. And when he says ONT deficit is larger then all provinces and the fed combined, he is not fooling. Just check it out sometime what they did to ONT.

Today, on CBC, they were talking about the increase of MP's in the next election and a party needs 170 seats to win...guess what...no party will have a majority and the way polls are now Harper has the PMO with the Liberals coming in second. Now, Harper will never try to work with any party, especially a Liberal party with a Trudeau as leader, so that leaves the Liberals and NDP to grown up and try and make things work for Canadians.

The CBC is one of the most respected news organizations in the world. I would be lost without the CBC.

CBC is a joke. By far the least credible news organization Canada. Leftwing propaganda, and little else.

I would be lost without the CBC.

I do not doubt that in the least. Your posts make more sense in that context.

I want solid,balanced journalism

I want solid balanced journalism too. That's why I do not watch CBC any more. It's garbage.

Today, on CBC, they were talking about the increase of MP's in the next election and a party needs 170 seats to win...guess what...no party will have a majority and the way polls are now Harper has the PMO with the Liberals coming in second. Now, Harper will never try to work with any party, especially a Liberal party with a Trudeau as leader, so that leaves the Liberals and NDP to grown up and try and make things work for Canadians.

Harper managed to make it work pretty well from February 2006 (I know the election was earlier but that was when he took the Privy Oath) to March 2011, with a few bumps in the road.

A local paper is not a national news organization, but I concede your point anyway.... YES, the Star is marginally worse.

Oh OK. Others I have talked to have said, when I referred to either Toronto or Quebec, "I said 'Canada'" implying that those venues were not Canadian.