Mayor Ford to nix Pride Funding!

Hey, there are all kinds of people who would prefer kicking back with a beer and few good steaks as opposed to showing up for work.

What a stupid argument.

By the way. I looked at your profile. Jeebus. What a narcissist!

Going to the Gay Pride Parade is work now?

In what way does his appearance "Stop the Gravy Train"

You know maybe he should just make a token appearance, but for people who hate him regardless of what he does, it won't be enough.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you even looked over your own sanctimonious posts, loaded with insults?

But hey, you also continually excuse yourself for being insulting...which somehow sets you apart from those who fling your bile back at you.

Perfect.

We were once on good online terms, as fellow lawyers. For some reason I cannot fathom, he has decided I am a bigot not wroth responding to.

Facts are facts. I am not anti-Islam. I simply call it the way I see it.

Perfect.

We were once on good online terms, as fellow lawyers. For some reason I cannot fathom, he has decided I am a bigot not wroth responding to.

You're anti-Islam; I'm a "shill for Hamas"; everyone is ignorant; and everyone is way, way too insulting of him! :)

Edited by bloodyminded

Can you prove that to be so?

Of course. The attendance numbers are huge. Typical advertising rates would generate more than enough. And that doesn't count the money that could be raised through fund raising. But all that takes work. So why work when you can get the tax payer to do the work for you. It's time they stopped sucking on the government tit.

Of course. The attendance numbers are huge. Typical advertising rates would generate more than enough. And that doesn't count the money that could be raised through fund raising. But all that takes work. So why work when you can get the tax payer to do the work for you. It's time they stopped sucking on the government tit.

That's not proof. Try again.

That's not proof. Try again.

How does one prove work that refuses to be done? Your support for them has nothing to do with money and everything to do with politics. They need to stop sucking on the government tit, and you need to stop sucking their d***. You're being intellectually dishonest on purpose. You know pride could be held without tax payers footing the bill. You just don't want it too. Tough shit.

You know pride could be held without tax payers footing the bill.

I think what Black Dog is looking for is some sort of proof or evidence of this particular statement here. There appears to be an assumption - on your part - about the way in which the funding for Pride works and how the cash, goods and services provided by the City could be removed and not affect the resulting windfall that the City receives from Pride.

You just don't want it too.

Well Shady, come now - how "intellectually" honest is a statement like this?

Tough shit.

Actually, this is what you would say to someone who disagrees with Pride getting funding from the City since Pride will be getting funding this year. Kind of like this:

Pride is getting funding from the City of Toronto this year, but you just don't want it to. Tough shit.

That sort of thing. B)

How does one prove work that refuses to be done? Your support for them has nothing to do with money and everything to do with politics. They need to stop sucking on the government tit, and you need to stop sucking their d***. You're being intellectually dishonest on purpose. You know pride could be held without tax payers footing the bill. You just don't want it too. Tough shit.

Wrong. you were asked for proof; you clearly thought it a fair question, because you offered "proof" by way of your opinion, that is, cliches about "sucking the public tit."

You were then informed, correctly, that what you consider "proof" is actually your bland opinion cribbed from someone else...not quite "proof".

And now you're pissed that you were asked for proof, because you were called out on it.

That about sum it up?

Shady going full retard.

:)

1-Have you even looked over your own sanctimonious posts, loaded with insults?

2-If you don't want to be perceived as a homophobe, then try to reign in your rhetoric.

3-Oh, and I "dare," no matter what the mighty Rue proclaims.

4-I would have thought so too; you're the one who married the two qualities in the posts from which I quoted you.

5-Well, hey, great example, there, Rue: Oleg is openly and admittedly anti-gay. He says so.

6-Now, I suppose your problems with literacy are also my fault?

In regards to 1, yes of course. They have become that way particularly because they are directed at people like you who try claim to be politically correct and are quick to label people the moment you don't agree with them. In fact they are quite deliberate when directed at people like you when you get politically correct.

In regards to 2-I will use whatever tone and rhetoric I want. I am not here to conform to your sanctimonious stereotypes of what you find acceptable.

In regards to 3-instead of sticking your tongue out, go produce the words you accused me of saying. You accused me of being a homophobe. Put up or shut up. In fact you are hiding behind the homophobe accusation which you spit out in a hissy fit which is exactly the kind of sanctimonious pap I challenge. What makes you suddenly a homophobe victim? What gives you the right to say I am anti gay because I am against people using the gay parade for non gay reasons and then claim its because I hate gays?

You hide behind being gay to justify something I criticize so you will not have to debate the merits of the arguement I raised. You wrap yourself in the rainbow flag to avoid debating. You Its a chessy tactic with due respect.

The fact that these meely mouthed little fools are gay and choose to do it at a gay pride parade simply attests to the fact that they like you hide behind the gay card when they want to engage in hateful tactics that hurt both gays and straights equally.

You shield their bigotry and hatred by claiming if I criticize them or you, I am a homophobe. What a crock. What you think you calling me a homophobe will avoid them and you being hateful? What you spit that accusation out with no basis, and think I won't throw it right back in your face?

Dare you? You bet. I am still waiting for you to back up your accusation with the words where I support homphobia. Back it up or I will again throw your feces right back at you and satirize it as a hiss to my bark. Bow wow. Hiss hiss. What next you want to try scratch me. How butch. Ooopsy the rhetoric unacceptable? Why because I offend you or because I don't agree with your condonation of meely mouthed bigoted asp holes? Which one is it? Oh wait its both. Of course.

I criticize those meely mouthed little twits wanting to hijack the gay pride vents and whether they are gay or straight is not the issue-their hatred is and I will satirize them or you if you try act like some sanctimonious victim. You are no victim. Neither are they. Being gay does not make them victims justified in hating Jews or you and what they say is bigoted, venemous, hateful b.s. If it was directed at gays how would you feel? Why is it you can accuse me of being a homophobe for not agreeing with you but when these snot faced pukes engage in their rhetoric its acceptable? Who died and appointed you harbinger of what is politically acceptable?

In regards to 4-subjective piffle. First off I marry nothing. I am no clergy person. If gays or straights want to get married good luck to them but I am not ordained to marry anyone. You again toss out your subjective feeling as if its a fact. So bloody what-spit it out man, state your reasons for your opinion-can you do that or are you going to pull the hissy fit routine of calling out subjective judgements with no basis?

You are damn right I satirize people including myself. This has been an issue about a handful of spoiled, self entitled losers wanting to hijack the gay pride day events for their own selfish tantrum that has nothing to do with gay pride and everything to do with these peoples' personal political views. Myself and many people straight and gay feel that way. No they don't get a free card to act like hateful bigots because they can say they are gay and no just because you are gay gives you the right to say anyone who disagrees with these meely mouthed, spoiled little twits is anti gay.

Get this clear. I hate everyone including you for the exact same reasons. You whine I am in your face and I could care less who you tongue.

In regards to 5-zoom right over your head still? Do I have to spell it out? Can you not figure out why referring to me as Oleg Bach given my arguements has nothing to do with his views on homosexuality? Can you not engage in a little bit of flexible and divergent conceptualization to figure it out? I will give you some time.

In regards to 6, fault? Here we go again with you using victim words. You really like this victim role don't you.

I repeat again you are no victim. I challenge you for being unable to flex and for being so close minded while claiming to defend gays against those being close minded.

If you can't see how you are behaving the very way you accuse me of acting towards gays then so be it. Lol-the difference between us is I do not hide my disdain for all people at any given time. I make no claims to not hate any huamn, gay or straight when they get on my nerves. Of course hate is a strong word. If you want to parade and chant you hate Zionists, I can assure you I won't stop you.

But I would hope you get a sun burn on your pecker.

Dang there goes that rhetoric again.

Edited by Rue

Poor old Ford, wacked around by the mutants who demand attention ---RESPECT... - which to me it the mutal transfere of power - maybe Ford does not want to empower this crowd and their supporters with anymore than they have - eventually if you give to much to special interest groups whether they be migrant workers - immigrants ...or Islamics with a hate on..for us - eventually you have them ruling the roost - This is our country - our city - our society - and we rock and rule...If you left it up to those who are of the anything goes mind set - before you know it the Chilean maid is going to demand the masters pin number as a human right - or dogs who are neutered will be taking us to court for interfering with their reproductive rights.....Or worse - woman will love and trust gay men more than the straight me ---which is happening already...why have Ford add to the new modernist hate between the opposite sexes? Enough is enough....OUR turn to have a little respect tossed our way.

Perfect.

Oh look. Now you want to get in on playing victim to and hiding behind your legal status to claim this as instantaneous credibility-like being a lawyer makes you credible.

Get this clear, you are no victim and neither is he. You want to whine about what a victim you are because I called you out for making hateful bigoted negative generalizations about Muslims please do. I find it hilarious now you seek comfort from this person as if he is a fellow victim. Hilarious.

Fellow lawyers. What a crock. Everyone knows I am a lawyer and have never pulled that lawyer holier then thou crack on this forum to get an instant credibility brownie point.

In fact as a lawyer I would say, your being a lawyer makes you even more suspect. You are in a profession to argue what its paid to argue and you hide behind that as if it makes you automatically honourable? Lol.

Whether you are a lawyer or not, on this forum we are all equal. Your being a lawyer is absolutely non germaine to the issues at hand. Pull that arrogant snot routine with someone else.

lol. Fellow lawyer.

Just when I think you can't get any more shallow-poof out comes the fellow lawyer crack.

Get this clear. Some of the most knowledgeable people I know barely got through school. I have 5 university degrees including a Master's in Law and one in Applied Psychology. So f..ng what. On this board it means nothing. On this board we all get to say what we feel and think. Your degree is not some cheap stunt you throw at people to demand respectibility.

Being a lawyer doesn't give you any automatic right to credibility-what you practice might.

So far all your words show is a shallow person prone to shallow thin skinned arguements and you bet I will toss them back at you or anyone else ridiculing Oleg Bach.

Read what he writes. He is more likely to accept a gay person as an individual than the politically appopriate gays on this board who see nothing with allowing some meely mouthed hateful baboons make other gays feel unwelcome at the one event in their life a year they should not feel alienated from.

Oleg does not hide his prejudice or bias. He is up front about it. Unlike the politically appropriate hypocrites on this board he doesn't couch his opinions. You want him to call you anti heterosexual or anti-Christian? Hmmmmm.

While we are at it JBG do tell us how you love gays and support the meely mouthed sob's who wanted to hijack the gay pride parade to engage in anti-semitism.

You are so transparent it hurts. You will come on this board and spew anti Islam negative generalizations then portray yourself as a victim when I call you out on it and are so concerned about your feelings you will come on this board now and criticize me because I am not sensitive to a bunch of viule jew hating misfits who want to hijack the gay pride events? Lol.

Show them your true skin JBG. Lol.

In regards to 1, yes of course. They have become that way particularly because they are directed at people like you who try claim to be politically correct and are quick to label people the moment you don't agree with them. In fact they are quite deliberate when directed at people like you when you get politically correct.

I have never claimed to be politically correct. Like many reactionaries, you use the term promiscuously, to denote "those who disagree with Rue."

On the other hand, when you have accused me of "shilling for Hamas"--even though I've said nothing about them that isn't critical (nothing that isn't critical...I don't care for them)...why, Rue, it is you who are engaging in political correctness: that is, using strict and often dishonest tactics, about the "correct" way to think, in order to try to shut down debate.

You failed, however. Too bad.

In regards to 2-I will use whatever tone and rhetoric I want. I am not here to conform to your sanctimonious stereotypes of what you find acceptable.

I only offered a suggestion; it was you who brought out the "don't you dare" say such and such.

Mirrors, Rue; they're helpful. Check them out.

In regards to 3-instead of sticking your tongue out, go produce the words you accused me of saying.

I did; I quoted you directly. Perhaps you missed that part, even though that was the post to which you responded with your tantrum. Go back and look.

You accused me of being a homophobe. Put up or shut up.

I already did. You need it done twice? Why?

What makes you suddenly a homophobe victim?

It would be pretty outrageous for a heterosexual man to declare himself a "homophobe victim." That's why I have never done so.

What gives you the right to say I am anti gay because I am against people using the gay parade for non gay reasons and then claim its because I hate gays?

Ah, I see. Gays are fine; but when they indulge in political protest about soemthing else, they become swishy, fabulous, pinching bottoms, and attract "faux fag hags" like our friend Shwa.

If you have no problem with them, then why the caricatures about swishiness and mild sexual aggression towards straight people?

Don't get me wrong, it's no big deal. I was only educating you about your own quaint little prejudices.

You hide behind being gay

I do?

This is literally the first I've heard about it. My wife is going to be quite upset with me.

to justify something I criticize so you will not have to debate the merits of the arguement I raised.

Shwa already demolished your argument quite nicely. I was remarking on your dislike for homosexuals, not your discredited political opinion.

You shield their bigotry and hatred by claiming if I criticize them or you, I am a homophobe.

Their bigotry? Wha....oh, right. they don't agree with you about Israel's treatment of the Palestinians, so they must be anti-semites.

Dare you? You bet. I am still waiting for you to back up your accusation with the words where I support homphobia. Back it up or I will again throw your feces right back at you and satirize it

Leaving aside the fact that I don't think you know what "satire" means, I already backed it up with your words. If you disagree with my assessment, your next logical step would be to explain how I mistook the examples...not pretending that I didn't offer any.

What next you want to try scratch me. How butch.

And he's off again! :)

Ooopsy the rhetoric unacceptable?

No, you can say whatever you want. You seem to be under the impression that it's a wall agaisnt your free speech when someone disagrees with you or criticizes you. You're very confused about "political correctness"; you've come to think that anyone disagreeing with your words is being unreasonable.

Do you not disagree with people, and state it?

Are their remarks to which you disagree "unacceptable rhetoric"?

Why because I offend you or because I don't agree with your condonation of meely mouthed bigoted asp holes? Which one is it? Oh wait its both. Of course.

It's that someone criticizes Israel; this makes you upset, because Israel drives people on both side quite mad; and then you start making fag jokes.

But no, you have nothing against gays. Some of your best friends...........

I criticize those meely mouthed little twits wanting to hijack the gay pride

As if you have a personal stake in gay pride events, and get upset when people "hijack" them and take them off track, or something. :) Riiiiight.

Who died and appointed you harbinger of what is politically acceptable?

You're the one determining what is and isn't politically acceptable, at an event with which you have nothing to do. Who died and appointed you harbinger of what is politically acceptable?

In regards to 4-subjective piffle. First off I marry nothing. I am no clergy person. If gays or straights want to get married good luck to them but I am not ordained to marry anyone. You again toss out your subjective feeling as if its a fact.

?? I used "married" in a plainly metaphorical sense.

For a self-described satirist, you seem to be remarkably literal-minded about the use of vocabulary.

You are damn right I satirize people including myself.

I couldn't be "damn right" about something I never said, and in fact dispute.

This has been an issue about a handful of spoiled, self entitled losers wanting to hijack the gay pride day events for their own selfish tantrum that has nothing to do with gay pride and everything to do with these peoples' personal political views.

Yes, a democracy is no place for venting personal political views.

Myself and many people straight and gay feel that way.

No doubt there are twenty or thirty of you in Canada who feel this strongly about the matter.

No they don't get a free card to act like hateful bigots because they can say they are gay and no just because you are gay gives you the right to say anyone who disagrees with these meely mouthed, spoiled little twits is anti gay.

I wasn't talking abotu your disagreement with them; I was talking about your characterization of them; as well as your characterization of someone who doesn't despise them as a "fag hag." Seriously, think about it.

Get this clear. I hate everyone including you for the exact same reasons.

OK, that's pretty clear; an unusual look for you.

I don't hate you, but you hate me. C'est la vie.

You whine I am in your face and I could care less who you tongue.

Since you summon it, and I did not, you do care, so I'll tell you: these days, I am a one-hole man.

In regards to 5-zoom right over your head still? Do I have to spell it out? Can you not figure out why referring to me as Oleg Bach given my arguements has nothing to do with his views on homosexuality? Can you not engage in a little bit of flexible and divergent conceptualization to figure it out? I will give you some time.

I didn't refer to you as Oleg Bach, so I cannot imagine from where you would construct such a strange belief.

In regards to 6, fault? Here we go again with you using victim words. You really like this victim role don't you.

I'm not a victim. Read my posts before you respond. (Telling you what to do again? How dare I?)

I repeat again you are no victim.

I repeat again we are in total agreement on this point that was never once at issue. Any other non-disputes, totally distict from this debate, that you'd like to air?

I challenge you for being unable to flex and for being so close minded while claiming to defend gays against those being close minded.

Unable to flex? Someone looks at Israel crosseyed and you scream "bigotry!"

Lol-the difference between us is I do not hide my disdain for all people at any given time.

Wrong. the difference between us is that I genuinely do not disdain all, or most, people at any time.

Edited by bloodyminded

I really don't want to read 18 pages to see if this issue was addressed.

The Anti-Semitic group that was supposed to be banned from the group should have been banned. The Pride Parade lied to city council's face last year and allowed them to march.

I think city council has the right to deny funding to parade if they refuse to ban a group that preaches hate.

BTW anyone find it ironic that the gay community loves to mock Rob Ford for being obese yes if anyone was to mock the stereotypical traits seen in both gays and lesbians they'd be called a hatred-filled bigot and potentially find themselves in front of a human rights tribunal.

Edited by Boges

Hey, there are all kinds of people who would prefer kicking back with a beer and few good steaks as opposed to showing up for work.

What a stupid argument.

By the way. I looked at your profile. Jeebus. What a narcissist!

Showing up at a parade is NOT part of his work. Mayor Ford has accomplished more in six months than any other mayor has in their full term. He works extremely hard!

He deserves a holiday with all of his family just as you & other people do.

Guaranteed if if the Mayor went to this sleazeball parade where their "junk" is hanging out, one of them would grab Mr. Ford and try to hug him or worse kiss him. All over the newspapers forever.Their parade went on for years before any mayor ever attended,

On a talk show this morning, several homosexual people called in and said they were apalled at the way the crowd was acting and they never go to the parade.

there are some decent homosexual people who don't need to walk in this stupid parade.

Edited by treehugger

It's time for you to move away if you don't think Canada Day is important!

Too funny , but hey, a majority of Canadians arent at Canada Day celebrations, and judging by your own requirements.....

It does not involve the majority.

.....then they should not get funding too?

Aw....cake AND eat it kinda guy are ya ?

Showing up at a parade is NOT part of his work.

OF course it is, however it is not mandatory . He gets many invotes, some of which he turns down

Neither is campaigning for Harper, but he did that as Mayor.

Neither is attending a cricket match, but he did as Mayor.

Neither is acting on stage, but he will as Mayor (this friday)

As the head honcho in the city, and as the largest poarade of its kind anywhere with the millions of $$$ it brings in, well lets just say Porky should have gone, but, meh, he didnt. And now a lot of people have their knickers bunched.

Mayor Ford has accomplished more in six months than any other mayor has in their full term. He works extremely hard!

You must be talking about the clearing out of the Mandarin Buffet because Mayor Ford aint working that hard. If he was he would have lost a 100 lbs.

He deserves a holiday with all of his family just as you & other people do.

True that, but he is hardly being honest about that.

Guaranteed if if the Mayor went to this sleazeball parade where their "junk" is hanging out, one of them would grab Mr. Ford and try to hug him or worse kiss him.

Someone has an agenda.....oh my , Ford was kissed by a gay man. Oh snap, he might just catch da aids !

Hey, at least most of them can SEE their own junk without a mirror , or tweezers and pepper (put pepper on nit and when it zneezes , grab it ).....as for Hiz Fat Honour....moss grows on the north side.

Edited by guyser

Mayor Ford has accomplished more in six months than any other mayor has in their full term.

HYPERBOLE ALERT! WARNING! WARNING! HYPERBOLE ALERT!

Please back away from the hyperbole and do not touch this post. If you develop a (ford) fever or (act) rash, immediately report to your local emergency health services for decontamination.

This has been a Public Service Announcement from the Department of Rational Introspection.

Edited by Shwa