Election Coming Conservative Majority

Conservative Majority Government  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A major goof-up on the campaign trail is their only obstacle from what I can see.

The ability of the Conservatives to shoot themselves in the foot, while said foot is deep inside their mouth is legendary.

I would bet on that happening on the strength that it has happened so often before.

Likewise I bet the leafs will not make the playoffs....

The ability of the Conservatives to shoot themselves in the foot, while said foot is deep inside their mouth is legendary.

I would bet on that happening on the strength that it has happened so often before.

I'll believe the election when I see it. We've been this way before, and it's always dropped down back below majority levels. The Tories thought they had it in the bag in 2008, and still couldn't pull the rabbit out of the hat.

We'll see, I guess. I mean, eventually I'm going to be wrong...

If I recall correctly, some backbencher made some bad comment and the Liberals held on to a recording of that comment until the election. This was likely in the Chretien era.

I wonder how many MP3s they have on the Liberal server right now ? Probably some hot stuff there. Harper himself should play it safe, and should emphasize the economy over all other things.

He should also refrain from wearing too many goofy outfits - cowboy hats, cossack gear, dressing up as Bonhomme (if the Quebec carnival is on) or getting naked as Bob Rae did during his leadership bid.

How about the Habs ? Will you put your money where your mouth is ?

I will bet you $1, if the Leafs fail to make it and the Habs do, then you win. If the Leafs make it, and Habs make it then I win the $1. If they both make it, you have to buy me enough beer to get me drunk: you read that right - TWO beers.

And magic faeries while alight to my window perch and teach me Esperanto.

Funny, but somebody on MLW stated that Ignatieff was sitting on a treasure chest of great ideas.

On the one hand, that wouldn't be hard to believe as we haven't had anything really fresh or exciting happen in years, but on the other hand... Ignatieff ? Really ?

If the Leafs make it, and Habs make it then I win the $1.

If they both make it, you have to buy me enough beer to get me drunk: you read that right - TWO beers.

Isn't that the same thing?

Habs will not only make it, they will go to the semi finals...

I meant if the Habs make it and Leafs don't, you win the straight up $1.

That's silly. Montreal has already made it. Mind you, if they lose every game till the end of the season they have a chance of not making it. They are second in the division and 6th in their conference and 12th overall.

You need an undecided option.

I'm gonna go long and say elections canada will deregister the party a day before election day and make them all ineligible to run for office.

-------------------------

then they stage a giant coup and rig the election results.

But in the end I turn into superman and throw the villans in baffin inlet and the world rejoices.

----

My real response to both, dear god I hope not. Its not cause I don't like them, its because they suck.

Except for being totally corrupt they are actually pretty likable, but they really suck at running government, and then there is the totally corrupt, moralless and baseless aspect. (what otherwise might be known as "depraved")

Gives me more reason to spend more time out of Canada to avoid the mess they are making of it.

I think it is just scare mongering personally. they suck anyone with half a brain should realize that, anyone with a full brain won't even need to have deep thoughts to realize that.

Edited by William Ashley

I'm gonna go long and say elections canada will deregister the party a day before election day and make them all ineligible to run for office.

-------------------------

then they stage a giant coup and rig the election results.

But in the end I turn into superman and throw the villans in baffin inlet and the world rejoices.

----

My real response to both, dear god I hope not. Its not cause I don't like them, its because they suck.

Except for being totally corrupt they are actually pretty likable, but they really suck at running government, and then there is the totally corrupt, moralless and baseless aspect. (what otherwise might be known as "depraved")

Gives me more reason to spend more time out of Canada to avoid the mess they are making of it.

I think it is just scare mongering personally. they suck anyone with half a brain should realize that, anyone with a full brain won't even need to have deep thoughts to realize that.

I voted MAJORITY cause I HOPE Harper reads the "tea leaves" wrong again and calls a third meaningless election...

Then, hopefully, we get 3 new leaders in TIME for the next election after that... :D

Edited by GWiz

Well, that didn't take long.

You sure know how to pick a crooked loser when you see one.

No, he's definitely your kind of charlatan.

Right then. Capable, determined and a leader.

Too bad you're such a spacecadet burnout otherwise your glowing endorsement of Harper could carry a bit more weight than the fleeting bong hits your brain farts normally convey...