Palin Event Cancelled for Safety Reasons

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it's just Palin Derangement Syndrome.

There's no such thing. Just because some mouth-breather with dead sockets for eyes--a Palin supporter, that is--cribbed this from another non-existent "syndrome" (ie regarding Bush, who was also disliked by the majority of thinking human beings)...well, that doesn't make the "derangement syndrome" something real. Or if it is real, perhaps it goes in the other direction: on the "he who smelt it, dealt it" hypothesis.

You, and people like you, don't like her politics. It has nothing to do with her supposed ignorance or level of intelligence.

No. I have disagreements with her politics; I detest her stone-cold ignorance, and the way that her admirers are proud of this ignorance.

All that's just a complete ruse.

Yes, it's unthinkable that anyone who disagrees with you could be anything but dishonest.

Edited by bloodyminded

But that should clue you into something else. The screening of the questions. It's all theater. It's all a ruse. Politics and politicians.

Yes, but I want to know who's in charge of this theatre? The local so-called charity that brought Palin to Hamilton would not disclose how much she was payed, or how the money was fronted for the event...since as we are now learning, the problem in Denver was that the organizers there were short on cash and didn't sell enough tickets to break even for the event.....and then they came up with this phony story about death threats without filing any police reports.

But, back to the "theatre," the building of certain personalities and issues by the right wing gives all the appearances of being coordinated, and the organizing appears to cross international borders. Are the clowns like Palin, or the creation of astroturf movements to steer populist rage (Tea Parties), just a natural progression of events, or are they planned and coordinated like rightwing talking points, which start from some conservative think tank, get picked up by rightwing radio and Fox, and then get adopted by the politicians and idiots in MSM.

Who knows? Perhaps they'd like them to be left private. And if there were specific threats, those would be investigated by law enforcement, and not made public anyways. Enough with the Palin Derangement Syndrome already. You guys are being ridiculous! :lol:

Once again, specific threats aren't necessarily made public by law enforcement. I'm not sure why you people are being so obtuse.

And yet the chorus continues! Once again, specific threats don't necessarily get made public. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you PDS'ers to understand. Oops, I forgot. Palin Derangement Syndrome. That's why.

Sometimes, I almost feel bad for you. Almost.

A press release issued by the Sarah K. Pacheco Foundation about 4 p.m. Saturday said no “direct threats have been made against anyone, but the recent increase in negative rhetoric against the former Alaska governor raises concern for her safety and the safety of others.”

So, when the organizers say there's no specific threats, and the police say there's no specific threats...I guess they have PDS too.

Edited by Black Dog

Yes, but I want to know who's in charge of this theatre? The local so-called charity that brought Palin to Hamilton would not disclose how much she was payed, or how the money was fronted for the event...since as we are now learning, the problem in Denver was that the organizers there were short on cash and didn't sell enough tickets to break even for the event.....and then they came up with this phony story about death threats without filing any police reports.

I think that's the heart of the thing. Much better to make Palin seem a martyr than admit hardly anyone wanted to pay to listen to her.

Yes of course. The bullseye targets with the "behind enemy lines" caption on the Democrats map is completely different. :rolleyes::lol:

You've seen the bullseye targets (which were not on a public website), and you've seen the gunsights; if you think a gunsight is no more threatening than a bullseye then you're brainwashed beyond the point where you can evaluate the problem. And, has been mentioned numerous times, Palin used these threatening images during a time when she is using gun rhetoric in her speeches and twitter messages: "don't retreat, RELOAD." Just the fact that she made the killings in Tucson all about her problems and wouldn't even take a minimal degree of responsibility for her role in building the level of hostility and hysteria among her followers, tells me that she is beyond all contempt without even considering her many other flaws.

....Just the fact that she made the killings in Tucson all about her problems and wouldn't even take a minimal degree of responsibility for her role in building the level of hostility and hysteria among her followers, tells me that she is beyond all contempt without even considering her many other flaws.

OK...then why do you "consider" her at all? What is it about Gov. Palin that invites so much attention from those who consider her to be a political joke?

OK...then why do you "consider" her at all? What is it about Gov. Palin that invites so much attention from those who consider her to be a political joke?

Because other people consider her important! People with enough free cash to pay her more than 100K per speech. I could see her having a hold on the Pentacostal Movement because this is the first time they've had a significant political player on the national stage; but why did the corporate conservatives start throwing money behind her? And what is the agenda of the group in my town who payed $200+ for a ticket to watch her last year; why is she so important to them?

Gov. Palin goes out of her way to invite attention. Inviting attention is what Gov. Palin is all about. Why should people who think she is a political joke just shut up and let her rantings go unchallenged?

Yep. Just like police weren't aware of any specific threats on the day of the Giffords shooting. :rolleyes:

I agree with you that she is clearly not cut out for politics. She quit her governor's job because, as you said, she couldn't bear the scrutiny. Now she can't make public appearances because she's frightened about, as you admit, nonexistent "threats."

But keep repeating the PDS line. It's very entertaining. I love seeing you squirm when you've got nothing. :lol:

Gov. Palin goes out of her way to invite attention. Inviting attention is what Gov. Palin is all about. Why should people who think she is a political joke just shut up and let her rantings go unchallenged?

So who gives her all the attention, completing the loop? She is just giving you what you ask for and respond to. Not sure why she even matters in Canada, but that's another story. Somebody is getting played, and it is not Palin.

(which were not on a public website)

Huh? It was a graphic used during the 2004 campaign. What do you mean not public?

if you think a gunsight is no more threatening than a bullseye then you're brainwashed beyond the point where you can evaluate the problem.

Why? Bullseyes are used on gun ranges. They're used to target things. Usually with some type of weapon. And yet, using those, with a caption "behind enemy lines" somehow gets a pass from you. Gee, I wonder why. Could it be Palin Derangement Syndrome. Who are the enemies that caption on the map are referring to? Answer. Republicans. What are the bullseyes targeting? Answer. Republican districts. Your hypocrisy is unmatched by anyone I've ever encountered.

Palin used these threatening images during a time when she is using gun rhetoric in her speeches and twitter messages: "don't retreat, RELOAD."

You mean like Obama saying "if they bring a knife to a fight, you bring a gun?" Let me guess, that gets a pass from you too right? :rolleyes:

Just the fact that she made the killings in Tucson all about her problems

She didn't make anything about her. It's people like you that made the shootings about her. Only minutes after the incident. All she did was defend herself from McCarthyism like tactics. She even waited 5 days before saying anything. But nothing pleases the PDS'er. Nothing.

and wouldn't even take a minimal degree of responsibility for her role in building the level of hostility and hysteria among her followers

Because she had no responsiblity. Gifford's shooter threatened to kill her back in 2007. Long before Palin was known and on the political scence. Who or what was to blame then? It's McCarthyists like you that wish to use this tragic event in order to silence people. Well guess what buddy? We ain't havin it. Take it elswhere fascist! :)

Yeah I guess you just never know when a random crazy is going to pop up.

Or perhaps they might have access to information you don't. Gee, what a concept. Seriously, is this what it's come down to? Criticizing people for cancelling an event for security reasons?

So who gives her all the attention, completing the loop? She is just giving you what you ask for and respond to. Not sure why she even matters in Canada, but that's another story. Somebody is getting played, and it is not Palin.

It matters to people because there is a fear that somehow she might wind up in a position of real power. She is seen as a sort of Glen Beck with political aspirations, who may have enough support to give them some substance. Maybe it is all just a big joke but any real possibility of Palin as President is no joke.

Edited by Wilber

Ignorance needs to be addressed, ignorance needs to be fought.

Right! There is some stupid narrative in U.S. media promulgated by Chris Matthews and some print journalists, that if they don't talk about Sarah Palin, she will go away and disappear. This is backwards thinking because wherever there is a media phenom, there are people with money behind it. I'm not interested in Sarah Palin, I want to know more about these rightwing evangelicals (who tell each other she has an "annointing" be a leader) and the rational leaders of the conservative movement, who have lots of money and clear objectives about how to use that money to get the results they want -- I want to know more about this coalition than I do about their spokesmodel; because there are more empty-headed people with ambition just waiting to become the next rightwing phenom.

It matters to people because there is a fear that somehow she might wind up in a position of real power. She is seen as a sort of Glen Beck with political aspirations, who may have enough support to give them some substance. Maybe it is all just a big joke but any real possibility of Palin as President is no joke.

She was in a position of power, but Alaska never attacked Canada! ;)

If the American electorate decides to pick Palin for president (extremely unlikely), then there is dick squat anybody in Canada can do about it save for outright murder. Palin only continues to get traction because some people keep giving her story more attention, which gets better ratings points than Sec'y Clinton, who can do a lot more damage to Canada right now.

Sarah Palin is a very American phenomenom, and will continue to be one as long as it is fed a steady diet of political and pop culture attention. Apoplectic Canadians like Heather Mallick just makes it that much more fun.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Or perhaps they might have access to information you don't. Gee, what a concept.

It seems to me that the type of information you are suggesting they have would fall under the heading "specific threat."

Seriously, is this what it's come down to? Criticizing people for cancelling an event for security reasons?

No, we're criticizing a two-bit group for using security reasons as an excuse to cancel an event when there were no actual threats according to both police and the organizers.

She was in a position of power, but Alaska never attacked Canada! ;)

If the American electorate decides to pick Palin for president (extremely unlikely), then there is dick squat anybody in Canada can do about it save for outright murder. Palin only continues to get traction because some people keep giving her story more attention, which gets better ratings points than Sec'y Clinton, who can do a lot more damage to Canada right now.

Sarah Palin is a very American phenomenom, and will continue to be one as long as it is fed a steady diet of political and pop culture attention. Apoplectic Canadians like Heather Mallick just makes it that much more fun.

She probably is overblown as a candidate. One would hope so but who knows. Look at some of the people in history who have managed to get themselves elected. There is big difference in perception between Palin and Clinton. Most people would regard Clinton as experienced and competent even if they don't always agree with her.