Raising the US debt ceiling

Spent about 7 years in a gated community. It was a rural place with about 30 homes around a small lake. It was an odd place because it was private in the sense that the originator was granted the land in the 20s...some sort of endenturement regarding military service. In other worlds some old British officer who go to build his own little resort town and create certain rules for the inhabitants.

This place was called Preston Lake - and originally George Preston ran the place as if it were a private estate...and the people under his care were surfs..The original document still existed and residents used this to ensure that the place remain private. There was only one poorly kept road that ran in and out of the place - one exit and one entrance - we had an elected "road commisioner". There were doctors - lawyers - artists - buisness people and a few lunitics...The area was strikingly beautiful and only residents and guests were allowed recreational use of the lake - IT was a communal affair with shore line restoration - managing of the fish stocks - etc...

With any gated community problems arise - and not from with out but from with in - They become like little countries and a dictator usually raises his pointy little head that makes it unbareable for the other residents to enjoy life. It took me two solid years to oust the little Scillian nut bar that heard voices...who started buying up properties and turning new arrivals into renters. He would sit in his little office in a secondary home over looking the lake - reading his manual on running the community "The Art OF WAR" - Gated communities must suffer some out side restrictions...and laws to make sure that lunitics don't take over.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent about 7 years in a gated community. It was a rural place with about 30 homes around a small lake. It was an odd place because it was private in the sense that the originator was granted the land in the 20s...some sort of endenturement regarding military service. In other worlds some old British officer who go to build his own little resort town and create certain rules for the inhabitants.

This place was called Preston Lake - and originally George Preston ran the place as if it were a private estate...and the people under his care were surfs..The original document still existed and residents used this to ensure that the place remain private. There was only one poorly kept road that ran in and out of the place - one exit and one entrance - we had an elected "road commisioner". There were doctors - lawyers - artists - buisness people and a few lunitics...The area was strikingly beautiful and only residents and guests were allowed recreational use of the lake - IT was a communal affair with shore line restoration - managing of the fish stocks - etc...

With any gated community problems arise - and not from with out but from with in - They become like little countries and a dictator usually raises his pointy little head that makes it unbareable for the other residents to enjoy life. It took me two solid years to oust the little Scillian nut bar that heard voices...who started buying up properties and turning new arrivals into renters. He would sit in his little office in a secondary home over looking the lake - reading his manual on running the community "The Art OF WAR" - Gated communities must suffer some out side restrictions...and laws to make sure that lunitics don't take over.

"Gated communities must suffer some out side restrictions...and laws to make sure that lunitics don't take over."

If you are familiar with the Warren Jeff's trial in Texas your comment is quite apropos.

Edited by pinko

Op-Ed Columnist

The President Surrenders

By PAUL KRUGMAN

Published: July 31, 2011

A deal to raise the federal debt ceiling is in the works. If it goes through, many commentators will declare that disaster was avoided. But they will be wrong.

For the deal itself, given the available information, is a disaster, and not just for President Obama and his party. It will damage an already depressed economy; it will probably make America’s long-run deficit problem worse, not better; and most important, by demonstrating that raw extortion works and carries no political cost, it will take America a long way down the road to banana-republic status.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/01/opinion/the-president-surrenders-on-debt-ceiling.html?_r=1&wpisrc=nl_fix

"Gated communities must suffer some out side restrictions...and laws to make sure that lunitics don't take over."

If you are familiar with the Warren Jeff's trial in Texas your comment is quite apropos.

Not familiar with the Warren Jeff trail. The person I am talking about would create a lease where he had the right to enter your home and sit himself down in your midst. This man I am talking about - had no crimminal record...He worked hard and had good cash flow...but he from what I understand heard voices "the spirit of the dead Indians are telling me that I am the caretaker of Preston Lake...Finally I got him to loose his temper and he attacked me - He almost murdered me - BUT -bloodied as I was

- I was far from disabled...A neighbour asked if I wanted to clean up _ I said no - and sent for an ambulance and the cops...of course I fained a bit - but it had to be done - They arrested this monster and finally tagged him with a crimminal record - From what I heard he finally snapped...They found him standing in the water for hours, screaming at the sunfish saying they were "JEWS" - they took him away to the nut house...all the families he had undermined and destroyed had some justice finally.

The culprit lost his own family - all of his properties were taken by the bank - and from what I understand he is out of commision....When you would have a problem and call the cops - He and his gang would wait at the enteranced and convice the authorities that he was a good guy and the complainants were the villians - He had total control of the place like a mafia king pin...actually his grand father was up for the Cappoship of the mafia....He was being groomed for some sort of position _ It was a very strange thing - His parents were married by phone and the Scillians were actually trying to breed a super mafia guy..but one problem - His mother and he shared the same defect - scysophrenia...sorry about the spelling..

This brute was very charismatic and clever - his weakness was his violent temper...so I was the guy that prodded him with a sharp stick...It had to be done. The residents of the area still thank me to this day for "cleaning up the town" -

Not familiar with the Warren Jeff trail. The person I am talking about would create a lease where he had the right to enter your home and sit himself down in your midst. This man I am talking about - had no crimminal record...He worked hard and had good cash flow...but he from what I understand heard voices "the spirit of the dead Indians are telling me that I am the caretaker of Preston Lake...Finally I got him to loose his temper and he attacked me - He almost murdered me - BUT -bloodied as I was

- I was far from disabled...A neighbour asked if I wanted to clean up _ I said no - and sent for an ambulance and the cops...of course I fained a bit - but it had to be done - They arrested this monster and finally tagged him with a crimminal record - From what I heard he finally snapped...They found him standing in the water for hours, screaming at the sunfish saying they were "JEWS" - they took him away to the nut house...all the families he had undermined and destroyed had some justice finally.

The culprit lost his own family - all of his properties were taken by the bank - and from what I understand he is out of commision....When you would have a problem and call the cops - He and his gang would wait at the enteranced and convice the authorities that he was a good guy and the complainants were the villians - He had total control of the place like a mafia king pin...actually his grand father was up for the Cappoship of the mafia....He was being groomed for some sort of position _ It was a very strange thing - His parents were married by phone and the Scillians were actually trying to breed a super mafia guy..but one problem - His mother and he shared the same defect - scysophrenia...sorry about the spelling..

This brute was very charismatic and clever - his weakness was his violent temper...so I was the guy that prodded him with a sharp stick...It had to be done. The residents of the area still thank me to this day for "cleaning up the town" -

Here is a link to the story of Warren Jeffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

The cult he belongs to bought land in Texas and built a compound where, although he is currently in custody,he remains the leader of that cult. In court his position has been that he answers only to God and that the charges of child rape against him are unfounded in relation to his connection to God. If convicted Jeffs will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Edited by pinko

If the definition includes multi-level highrise buildings with a doorman and restricted access then there are a number of examples of such here in Winnipeg. The Wellington Crescent area comes to mind.

Gated communities and high-rises are not the same thing. They both have security, but the similarities end there. I could put a locked gate to keep people out of my yard, but that too wouldn't be a gated community.

So no matter how hard the "Americans" on this forum try to creatively google, they simply don't exist here like they do in the U.S.

Gated communities and high-rises are not the same thing. They both have security, but the similarities end there. I could put a locked gate to keep people out of my yard, but that too wouldn't be a gated community.

So no matter how hard the "Americans" on this forum try to creatively google, they simply don't exist here like they do in the U.S.

I realize that.

Here is a link to the story of Warren Jeffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

The cult he belongs to bought land in Texas and built a compound where, although he is currently in custody,he remains the leader of that cult. In court his position has been that he answers only to God and that the charges of child rape against him are unfounded in relation to his connection to God. If convicted Jeffs will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

That's exactly what this guy I am talking about was attempting to do - most people found it to fantastic to believe - This creep made it a habit to mentally and if he could sexually seduce the wives of any one he considered a competator. This was around the time when we had that computer collapse scare - where people thought that the system might collapse...All I knew was no way in hell was I going to submit to this freak...Oringally my sister owned a few of the properties around the lake - So it was family property and I paid her rent - eventually he managed through the use of the courts and my sisters bitter lover and buisnes partner to take ownership of our properties - It was horrific _ I went from being independent to being a tenant under his authority...so a feud ensued....that lasted a couple of years...The worst part about these types of people is that they can present themselves as fine upstanding citizens.

That's exactly what this guy I am talking about was attempting to do - most people found it to fantastic to believe - This creep made it a habit to mentally and if he could sexually seduce the wives of any one he considered a competator. This was around the time when we had that computer collapse scare - where people thought that the system might collapse...All I knew was no way in hell was I going to submit to this freak...Oringally my sister owned a few of the properties around the lake - So it was family property and I paid her rent - eventually he managed through the use of the courts and my sisters bitter lover and buisnes partner to take ownership of our properties - It was horrific _ I went from being independent to being a tenant under his authority...so a feud ensued....that lasted a couple of years...The worst part about these types of people is that they can present themselves as fine upstanding citizens.

San Angelo, Texas (CNN) -- The state of Texas is expected to rest its case Wednesday in the sexual assault trial of polygamous sect leader Warren Jeffs.

On Tuesday night, the jury heard audio recordings that, prosecutors said, show Jeffs instructing a 14-year-old victim and his other young "wives" on how to sexually please him in order to win God's favor.

Jeffs -- who is representing himself -- repeatedly and loudly objected to the playing of the recordings on religious grounds. Each time, Judge Barbara Walther overruled him.

There can be "no claim of privilege, regardless of the religion, with respect to communications directly relevant to sexual assault of a child," prosecutor Eric Nichols said when the judge invited him to respond to Jeffs' outbursts.

Prosecutors said the tapes show Jeffs offering "celestial marriage"

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/03/texas.polygamist.jeffs/

Furthermore, I don't see anything inherently wrong with the idea of a gated community. Why should people not be allowed to live in a community, on private property, with their neighbors, that does not admit people that don't live there except by invitation? It sounds like it would create a safer and more neighborly environment for those that live in it.

The advent of gated communities is an indication of fear. There is immense fear of crime in the U.S., far more than in any other western country. And the spread of them is shows a similarity to those south/central American countries which have basically the very wealthy, protected behind their gates and guards and walls, and the poor, which is basically almost everyone else. The small percentage at the top in the US is getting richer and richer. The poor are getting poorer. The middle class is shrinking. These are not indications of future health.

If mature adults want to partake in some sort of multiple union that is there buisness. Once you include a young person that is for all intent and purpose a child - who does not have knowledge regarding the evil acts of manipulation..and is an innocent person - To be lied to by this jerk ( I did not listen to the video but I remember his face) - that God would be pleased if his pleasure through abuse of innocent persons was satisfied..that is more than where you draw the line - This whole matter has nothing to do with God what so ever and to attempt to put such behaviour under the auspice of religious freedom is absurd.

But then look at the structure of this persons face - If it sounds like a creep - looks like a creep it is a creep. He is no different than a drug addict who consumes human flesh to feed his supposed pleasure. I don't know why the courts are so un-educated in spiritual matters that they don't just gag the bastard when he brings up God or religion. It is an insult to the intelligence of the courts that he even be allowed to use this ploy as a ruse for his vampire like actions.

If I were sitting as a judge - the second he perked up about relgious freedoms I would tell him to shut up and not insult the courts - in eccense he holds the court in contempt by the very fact that he considereds them as unaware as a 13 year old naive girl. Mistrial or not - It would be nice to see a judge willing to give up his career and face an assualt charge...A judge should simply get down from the bench - walk over to the defendant - and slap him across the face as hard as humanly possible and then leave with the parting words "You deal with it".

...So no matter how hard the "Americans" on this forum try to creatively google, they simply don't exist here like they do in the U.S.

That's true of most such things in Canada...far less than in the USA. But gated communities cetainly exist there, and it is a growing development model.

If mature adults want to partake in some sort of multiple union that is there buisness. Once you include a young person that is for all intent and purpose a child - who does not have knowledge regarding the evil acts of manipulation..and is an innocent person - To be lied to by this jerk ( I did not listen to the video but I remember his face) - that God would be pleased if his pleasure through abuse of innocent persons was satisfied..that is more than where you draw the line - This whole matter has nothing to do with God what so ever and to attempt to put such behaviour under the auspice of religious freedom is absurd.

But then look at the structure of this persons face - If it sounds like a creep - looks like a creep it is a creep. He is no different than a drug addict who consumes human flesh to feed his supposed pleasure. I don't know why the courts are so un-educated in spiritual matters that they don't just gag the bastard when he brings up God or religion. It is an insult to the intelligence of the courts that he even be allowed to use this ploy as a ruse for his vampire like actions.

If I were sitting as a judge - the second he perked up about relgious freedoms I would tell him to shut up and not insult the courts - in eccense he holds the court in contempt by the very fact that he considereds them as unaware as a 13 year old naive girl. Mistrial or not - It would be nice to see a judge willing to give up his career and face an assualt charge...A judge should simply get down from the bench - walk over to the defendant - and slap him across the face as hard as humanly possible and then leave with the parting words "You deal with it".

Freedom of religon and speech need to be taken into account even in a setting such as Jeff's find himself. I think the judge is dealing with he and his antics as best she can. Even though he has fired his attorneys and is acting as his own counsel she wants to give him every opportunity to present his case as is required by the rule of law. It is quite apparent from his conduct that he feels he is above man made law.

Edited by pinko

Guest American Woman

Another member opined that the only current home sales in the US were primarily within "gated communities", and that "gated communities" were in an of themselves an indicator of an even darker doom that awaits America!

The claim was not primarily within gated communities, but ONLY within "gated communities with high walls and armed guards" - which, when challenged, became "gated communities."

When shown that "gated communities" can also be found in Canada, the passion fizzled.

But I'm sure the ignorance lives on .........

Freedom of religon and speech need to be taken into account even in a setting such as Jeff's find himself. I think the judge is dealing with he and his antics as best she can. Even though he has fired his attorneys and is acting as his own counsel she wants to give him every opportunity to present his case as is required by the rule of law. It is quite apparent from his conduct that he feels he is above man made law.

There is only one kind of real law...as for man made legalism and the foolish dance it enduces on the participants...sometimes you have to put legalism aside and look at the black and white of it all - Did this character suck the life out of young people? Did he commit fraud (to take something of value through deception)? I would say that this creep is wasting the courts time - So called rule of law is useless when it is not based on right or wrong. Was it harmful (wrong) in what he did? It most certainly was....and I will repeat the one damning statement that was made to me by a lawyer (legalist) "It may be immoral (wrong) but it is legal". This is the problem that we have today that there are no more judges that deal in judgement of what is good and what is bad - This is a case of the human right to life..when a young person is interfered with sexually or made dupe in any manner - this removes the persons ablity to be happy and to have a full life - this guy is a soul stealer...

He believes he is above man's law and in his inner core he also believes he is above God's law...what does this make this man in the classic sense contained in this narrative? I would consider him and class him as a demon - why we feed demons and give them strength through our modern sytem is beyound me - What this points to is that a type of rule of law has evolved- or shall I say de-evolved. When the courts facilitate evil - that means they are inept and obsolete - This fact must be faced...For instance when a gang banger is caught with a gun - He makes bail...why? His intent is to kill...Yet the courts release these hounds to cause more mayhem - It might be on purpose...perversion in the legal system is now the norm.

Back to the debt ceiling - It like the courts and government have proven that no one was actually doing their job - everyone was getting paid for nothing - The courts were not making any judgements and the goverment was not bothering to even attempt to partake in fiscal management...what a mess - we hire these people and they just talk big and don't do any work - talk about a huge parasitic welfare sytem for those born of privledge!

Guest American Woman

Not as reliable as YouTube...."gated communities" in Kelowna, BC (that's Canada folks) ....lots of 'em!

That's where MapleLeafWeb's esteemed poster CitizenX is from. B)

That's where MapleLeafWeb's esteemed poster CitizenX is from. B)

All I need is a gated household where bureacrats and other bumblers fear to tread. Privacy allows one to focus without the distraction of institutional harrassment..Forget the gated communes..just give me a good dead bolt and the right to be me...looks like I am turning into a libertarian.. Privacy and security are ecential when it comes to building a good and strong economy...as for getting a nice subdivision with a sign that says no poor allowed cos they will steal my stuff - well --- Their worries should not be in regards to the invasion of the unwashed masses that might wander on to their turf - They should be more concerned about the banksters that will forclose on those nice homes in the "gated" community with the lawns that look like frinking astro turf.

This site needs better moderators, talking about gated communities has nothing to do with raising the debt burden...I mean ceiling.

The mods are very good - sometimes they grant a little bit of privacy to the members who can hide a topic within a topic...as for getting back on track - feel free. Our moderators are very tolerant...but above all they are protective of the site - If a person does something to lower the quality through absurdity - profanity or getting overly personal with public personalities - they will swoop down like harpies and carry you away to the Island of Banishment. I have a lot of respect for our mods - they are mature and bright and not about to waste time making an appearance because someone has a side bar on the go concerning "gated communities".