Omar Khadr

wulf42

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure what you can charge her with, i'm sure family services has a long list of charges or actions it can take. there must be something connecting that family to terrorism...

And you dont think if they had something they would have charged her already?

Not to mention that shoujld they find something, it may muddy the water with respect to the son then being seen as a minor which may trip all sorts of complications going forward.

Is she an undesirable? Of course. Beyond that, I dont think there is much they can do.

I'm as confused about that one as you...But i would assume it is because we don't have the will, this is not about a boy,or terrorism it about politics....and votes....why else do we have a terrorist family in which half of them have not had a day in court but are just as guilty as omar.....and yet are living off our teat....

I don't think you're as confused as you're letting on. Politics, or more specifically, politicians are definitely part of it. I think I hit the nail on the head when I suggested charging Khadr's mother for turning her child into a soldier would undermine the rhetorical narrative upon which we have cast this war and ourselves. It would in fact devastate it.

I would dearly love to see our government charge her and throw her sorry ass in jail. Perhaps then we would have the precedent and example we need to justify educating kids that it's not always appropriate to obey or believe their parents. Kids should be learning this by the time they graduate from Kindergarten.

It's got nothing to do with the words, it's about clarity....can anyone say without a doubt what exactly the GC conventions say....without having a laywer go over them over and over....because that is exactly how soldiers learn it....a military lawyer explains them over hours of lectures and classes....it should not need a lawyer but aclearer language, who and what is entitled to what and when....

Documents like the Geneva Conventions, and our Constitution and Charter should definitely be things written in the plainest language possible so that ordinary people can simply read and understand and agree on what the words mean without a degree or a bunch of acrimonious divisive debate.

Al Queda is not a real army, it's a group of fanatics bent on perserving a way of life in which they had full control over another group...and they don't care who they kill or murder to bring back the old days....which would allow them to kill and murder anyone who disagreed with them....thats their grievance...

The very same thing is true of the countries that were bent on aiding and abetting the dictatorships under which Al Qaeda grew. Our grievances made us indifferent to who was killed or murdered when it came to preserving our way of life. Why should we be so surprised when a similar indifference comes back to haunt us?

..the regular Afghan people on the other hand, they are sick of being at war, being oppressed and controled....and all they want is peace, and a job, some money to raise thier kids....thats who we as a nation backed away from....

That's who we backed away from after they brought the Soviet Union to it's knees for us you mean.

and now we hold one of these terrorists up to the light and offer up the counttries crown jewels....hail to the terrorist boy ....how dare us trying to stop them from controling those dirty Afghanis who wanted peace.....Hail the terrorist boy....

Hail the Chief too.

The people we've set up to control Afghanistan are barely any different, they're corrupt to the core and possessed of many if not all the same backward ideas of the people we're fighting. It's all been in vain, every last bit of it.

Our treatment of Omar Khadr has simply held up a light to our own ugly assumptions and justifications. The difference is, we should have known better because we're not kids. That's not to say we can't be rehabilitated and maybe even forgiven one day.

Edited by eyeball

there must be something connecting that family to terrorism...

Tons. Father and one sibling shot in fight with NATO, mother and sister openly supporting Al-Quida action on CBC.

How much is needed to get rid of what's left!?

That's the truth of it. We're a chicken-shit country who couldn't even deal with one of our own kids who went `astray'. We're a quietly racist, self-righteous bunch of pompous fools who assume superiority over countries who employ child soldiers and torture, yet we end up treating those kids as soldiers and excusing torture when finally faced with the mess. Yup, the true north; weak and hypocritical.

Not in a hug-a-thug country like ours.

You hit the nail on the head! This Country has always had it's share of those weed smoking anti USA Hippie types that would support a Terrorist over our Allies or even our own troops for that matter just because it's the Anti American thing to do.I soon see a day when Omar comes back to Canada the Left Wing nuts will have a parade with cheering fans in the streets and if that happens this Country is truly Lost.. :ph34r:

Edited by wulf42

You hit the nail on the head! This Country has always had it's share of those weed smoking anti USA Hippie types that would support a Terrorist over our Allies or even our own troops for that matter just because it's the Anti American thing to do.

Not to mention our drunk and senile old farts that want to kill anything they dont like, who live in some idiot backwoods locale espousing generalities they know nothing about.

I soon see a day when Omar comes back to Canada the Left Wing nuts will have a parade with cheering fans in the streets and if that happens this Country is truly Lost.. :ph34r:

Well now, geez, which is it?

You see it, yet if it happens?

Make up your mind

Good lord people, I would love for her to pack up and leave, but the problem is she has to be the one to do so, I dont see any legal way to send her packing.

Birth does not = criminality.

Then charge her with high treason and throw away the key.

Except you would never make that stick.

She hasnt.....

a) kills, attempts to kill, wounds, imprisons, or restrains the sovereign

B) wages war against Canada or does any act preparatory thereto, or

c) assists an enemy at war with Canada or any armed force against whom Canadian forces are engaged in hostilities, even if no state of war exists. The punishment for high treason is life imprisonment, without parole eligibility for 25 years. A person commits "treason" who a) uses force or violence for the purpose of overthrowing the government of Canada or a province,

B) discloses, without lawful authority, military or scientific material to agents of a foreign state, if he or she knows or should know that the material may be used to impair Canada's safety or defence, or

c) engages in certain listed conspiracies or attempted offences.

Edited by guyser

From Wikipedia: ...assists an enemy at war with Canada, or any armed forces against whom Canadian Forces are engaged in hostilities, whether or not a state of war exists between Canada and the country whose forces they are.

Squeezin' out terrorists one at a time.