double post

Uh...no, I just see through your tendency to offer lame excuses for ignorant behavior. If you want to obstinately believe/insist naomiglover is referring to me as "Israeli Woman" out of anything other than disrespect, go for it. Just don't expect me to be as stupid. ;)

Indeed...my take on it is that she feels you're part of the Israeli internet defence force or something.

Fore!!!

*THUNK*

Good shot!

Why do you feel insulted?

The insult, Bubbles, is in implying that someone who disagrees with you is acting out of vested interest rather than out of their own principles or world view.

Naomi's referring to AW as Israeli Woman, or challenging Bonam to "just admit that you're a Jew" is sleezy.

It's comparable to implying that somebody who supports marijuana legalization must be a pot-head, or somebody who supports better welfare benefits must be unemployed, or somebody who supports safe injection sites must be a junkie, or somebody who supports Affirmative Action must be black, or somebody who supports settling land claims must be native.

I have not yet heard anybody claim that somebody who supports the Palestinians as enthusiastically as Naomi does must actually be a bearded dude named Ahmed.

Leaving aside your opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, do you actually approve of the way Naomi acts on this message board?

-k

Leaving aside your opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, do you actually approve of the way Naomi acts on this message board?

My opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is just that they are both completely insane. As for "the way Naomi acts," I haven't seen anything I "disapprove" of, but I'm not interested enough in mid-east bickering to bother to read much.

how lame. as if everyone doesn't already know that american woman is another israel-first hasbarabot.

copy, paste, and publish. at the very least, you'd think any self-respecting hasbarabot would at least try to dig up some new material. but, no. it's the same shop-worn, tattered, obsolete, thoroughly discredited, crippled, intellectually impoverished arguments that has already been run through the mill.

Edited by bud

....An American who has an interest in America's safety and security would not support the policies towards Israel. Ones that put American's security at risk. Not to mention the $3 billion of American taxpayer money that goes to Israel.

Are you an American? Are you telling Americans what is in their best interest? Should America also stop "taxpayer money" going to Egypt, Jordan, and Palestine, among many other nations receiving aid?

what's your vested interest in israel, bush?

rapture? jew for greater israel? do you really hate those a-rabs that much? which is it?

NO american who cares about america's best interests would support the policies towards israel.

what's your vested interest in israel, bush?

Israel is a reliable ally in a region of the world vital to American interests....has been for many years. It is a proxy and bellwether for American power.

rapture? jew for greater israel? do you really hate those a-rabs that much? which is it?

Hardly...as many Arab nations are US allies as well. Keep your biblical baggage to yourself.

NO american who cares about america's best interests would support the policies towards israel.

I am an American who does, so right away you are proven wrong. What is your interest in the matter...and why are you impotent to change mine? Why do you lack the "power"?

Guest American Woman

Awwww, bud, what can I say? I always think it's soooo cute when foreigners tell Americans what Americans would or wouldn't do.

And in case you're unaware, you can get in trouble for exposing yourself in public. ;)

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

My opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is just that they are both completely insane. As for "the way Naomi acts," I haven't seen anything I "disapprove" of, but I'm not interested enough in mid-east bickering to bother to read much.

Well then, I'm flattered that you felt the desire to read and comment on my posts/behavior. ;)

And I find it interesting that you would see nothing wrong with me referring to ng as "Ahmed from Palestine" when responding to her, with changing her quote boxes to read that way, rather than "naomiglover." Maybe I'll give it a go ...... And while I'm at it, I'm sure I can come up with something just as appropriate for you. :)

Edited by American Woman

Israel is a reliable ally in a region of the world vital to American interests....has been for many years. It is a proxy and bellwether for American power.

great. thanx for the non-answer.

can you get any more vague? the military has already came to the conclusion that support for israel's policies towards palestinians is not in the best interest of american security.

Hardly...as many Arab nations are US allies as well. Keep your biblical baggage to yourself.

none of the arab nations have control over your congress the way israel's lobby groups do. you're not a true american because you don't care that your congress is heavily influenced by another country's lobby group.

so tell me.. what's your vested interest? really?

I am an American who does, so right away you are proven wrong. What is your interest in the matter...and why are you impotent to change mine? Why do you lack the "power"?

americans who support the unconditional support for israel and the $3 billion dollars a year in US taxpayer's money to israel are one of the following:

a) jewish americans who put israel's interest above america's

B) religious christian zealot

c) uninformed, ignorant right wingers who will nod to everything glenn beck and foxnews tells them to believe

current US policies towards israel are bad for america's interests. there is a reason why you can't come up with 1 good reason why US should be supporting israel in their destructive behaviour towards the palestinians.

Awwww, bud, what can I say? I always think it's soooo cute when foreigners tell Americans what Americans would or wouldn't do.

And in case you're unaware, you can get in trouble for exposing yourself in public. ;)

i'm sure anyone who realizes that support for another country will harm their country, they wouldn't support it.

you don't care. your unconditional support for israel and inability to criticize israel is a good indication where you stand on your loyalty. it's definitely not loyalty to america.

great. thanx for the non-answer.

It was a non-question....just your political statement.

can you get any more vague? the military has already came to the conclusion that support for israel's policies towards palestinians is not in the best interest of american security.

The "military" does not set policy for the USA. And neither do you.

none of the arab nations have control over your congress the way israel's lobby groups do. you're not a true american because you don't care that your congress is heavily influenced by another country's lobby group.

We have Canadian lobbyists too...they like to bitch about softwood lumber. They lost.

so tell me.. what's your vested interest? really?

I am Jesus.

americans who support the unconditional support for israel and the $3 billion dollars a year in US taxpayer's money to israel are one of the following:

a) jewish americans who put israel's interest above america's

B) religious christian zealot

c) uninformed, ignorant right wingers who will nod to everything glenn beck and foxnews tells them to believe

LOL! Fox News didn't even exist when America began "unconditional" support. I am not a Jew or Christian, so your explanations don't hit the mark. Like a good Arab, Israel's enemies are my enemies too.

current US policies towards israel are bad for america's interests. there is a reason why you can't come up with 1 good reason why US should be supporting israel in their destructive behaviour towards the palestinians.

..and there is a reason why you lack the power to change any of that. Go help Palstestine build some more rockets instead of an economy.

Guest American Woman
your unconditional support for israel and inability to criticize israel is a good indication where you stand on your loyalty. it's definitely not loyalty to america.

Oh no! A foreigner doesn't think I'm loyal to my country! I'm definitely going to have to change my beliefs.

:lol:

Your concern over what's best for America is heartwarming indeed. It's nice to know that you care so much about the United States. As an American, I'm truly touched. :)

Guest American Woman

WTF?

Even Urban Dictionary doesn't have an entry for hasbarabot.

"Israel's public diplomacy efforts are called hasbara in Hebrew.[1] Hasbara (Hebrew: הסברה‎), also spelt hasbarah, is a noun that literally means "explanation".[2][3] The term has been used by the State of Israel and by supporters of Israel to describe their efforts to explain Israeli government policies, and to promote Israel to the world at large. Detractors view hasbara as a euphemism for propaganda." link

So he's saying I'm a propaganda robot for Israel.

Well then, I'm flattered that you felt the desire to read and comment on my posts/behavior. ;)

And I find it interesting that you would see nothing wrong with me referring to ng as "Ahmed from Palestine" when responding to her, with changing her quote boxes to read that way, rather than "naomiglover." Maybe I'll give it a go ...... And while I'm at it, I'm sure I can come up with something just as appropriate for you. :)

Sounds awesome.

"Israel's public diplomacy efforts are called hasbara in Hebrew.[1] Hasbara (Hebrew: הסברה‎), also spelt hasbarah, is a noun that literally means "explanation".[2][3] The term has been used by the State of Israel and by supporters of Israel to describe their efforts to explain Israeli government policies, and to promote Israel to the world at large. Detractors view hasbara as a euphemism for propaganda." link

So he's saying I'm a propaganda robot for Israel.

Sorry, I'm clueless. But you are obviously guilty... because you know!

Yep. Obviously guilty. ;) I know because I googled it. :D

Meanwhile....don't you just love the sound of crickets chirping?

Hamas & Co fire off a few Katushyas @ Israel...seems productive enough.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/08/01/netanyahu-hamas.html

Israel agrees to a UN 'probe' into the Gaza Blockade. Bad Israel...BAD.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/08/02/israel-un002.html