We all gonna die this weekend?

So north korea said they are going to use their nukes this weekend.

Everyone have their weiners and marshmellows. I'm eating lots of PBJ sandwhiches to prepare.

I should of went back home to nowhereville boreal forest ontario.. man

instead I'm situated between two nuclear power generating facilities. *--*

and the home of the next governor general of canada.

Edited by William Ashley

So north korea said they are going to use their nukes this weekend.

Everyone have their weiners and marshmellows. I'm eating lots of PBJ sandwhiches to prepare.

I should of went back home to nowhereville boreal forest ontario.. man

instead I'm situated between two nuclear power generating facilities. *--*

and the home of the next governor general of canada.

Well..I suppose on the positive side...The fact that you're between two nuclear power plants means death will be most likely swift and relatively painless...

Guest American Woman

According to news article, North Korea routinely threatens war when South Korea and the U.S. hold joint military drills, so it sounds as if they just upped the threat this time around since the threat of war obviously hasn't had the desired effects.

Ah, but Japan didn't have nukes, and it wasn't Obama, and it was a far different time. 60 years ago any president elected would respond with a 'big stick'. Today the Dems have moved so far to the left that the original ones are rolling in their graves.

Ah, but Japan didn't have nukes, and it wasn't Obama, and it was a far different time. 60 years ago any president elected would respond with a 'big stick'. Today the Dems have moved so far to the left that the original ones are rolling in their graves.

First, you stated bomb on US soil, not nuclear bomb. Clearly the US would not hesitate to detonate a conventional "bomb" (HE warhead) in the DPRK in response.

As for escalation to a nuclear attack, President Obama has recently modified US policy of calculated ambiguity to exclude a nuclear response to chemical and biological attack, expressly preserving that option for nuclear / radiological attack on the USA or allies.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/2489080/posts

Okay, I thought it was assumed it would be a nuke since that's what crazy kim is talking about.

And as to your point on US policy, I'm not talking about that, but about Obama the man. The man who would order a nuke to be detonated over a city full of human beings. I don't think Obama could do that, even if a city in the US is leveled by one. Do you actually think he could?

Okay, I thought it was assumed it would be a nuke since that's what crazy kim is talking about.

Kim can do a lot more damage to Seoul with garden variety artillery....and lots of it.

And as to your point on US policy, I'm not talking about that, but about Obama the man. The man who would order a nuke to be detonated over a city full of human beings. I don't think Obama could do that, even if a city in the US is leveled by one. Do you actually think he could?

Not only could he, but he would do so under existing policy...his own. No president can afford the practical or political ramifications of being weak on such a scenario, and allies living under the "nuclear umbrella" would also object. Also, the American National Command Authority includes other elements besides the sitting president, for obvious reasons.

Not to worry....Obama will only be around for a few years....nukes are forever! LOL!

Apparently large stockpiles of weaponized variola still exist at Vozrozhdeniya Island (no longer an island) and is quite poorly guarded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vozrozhdeniya_Island

I've always thought that's a bit of bad news...

Edited by DogOnPorch

Not only could he, but he would do so under existing policy...his own. No president can afford the practical or political ramifications of being weak on such a scenario, and allies living under the "nuclear umbrella" would also object. Also, the American National Command Authority includes other elements besides the sitting president, for obvious reasons.

Nah, he's too much of a liberal wuss to make such a tough decision costing the death of a city full of people. He's much better at making decisions costing trillions of dollars. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.