Is this true....Some Canadian Cabinet minsters under foreign influence

Now this makes you think...Why release this to the press now, is it to divert our attention else where, or are they about to take some action....i mean working for another foreign power while in office is or should be something that is very serious....

Which provinces , which ministers ?

My linkwww.canada.com/news

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this makes you think...Why release this to the press now, is it to divert our attention else where, or are they about to take some action....i mean working for another foreign power while in office is or should be something that is very serious....

On the CBC they mention BC municiple politicians. I hope the news unfolds and whether it is the US or some other nation, it ain't good. My money though is on China. They don't have a very good track record of benign relations.

On the CBC they mention BC municiple politicians. I hope the news unfolds and whether it is the US or some other nation, it ain't good. My money though is on China. They don't have a very good track record of benign relations.

No doubt they are trying to keep the pressure on China to conform to international policy.

The move by the Chinese this week to float their currency is seen as a goodwill gesture coming into the G20....

Interesting article, certainly long term inside strategies and financial assistance is nothing new. CSIS is becoming a household word lately. It is likely a distraction/diversion of some sort. Perhaps the foretelling of coming discredit aimed at CSIS creating a need for a deeper non-transparent government spyweb. That's usually what happens in the US. They hint at a unsafe situation not always legit, and thus pave the way for the development for more control groups. Time will tell.

Foreign influence, probably China.

Domestic influence, Brits.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/video?id=7447432

There are a lot of "democratically" elected officials who are still monarchists at heart. Heck - you can say that there are quite a few Bloq Quebecois that are sympathetic to the motherland. Its just thats a little more acceptable as a Euro nation I guess.

Its considered taboo in British culture to sell influence. China - its pretty much like selling a pound of rice. Its a sad mofo day though - when the Duchess of York has to sell influence to maintain her lifestyle.

Canada seems to have adopted Britains stance on influence peddling, as specifically noted by Jaffer. Jaffer in China - would just be considered to be a good businessman.

Edited by ZenOps

I've read different aticles about Israel's agents in the US and some being within the US government itself. Could they be here in Canada? They could with Harper being given two awards from the Jewish community and they way he took after NDPer Davies.

I dunno about any awards, but who WOULDN'T have taken after Davies?

What Libby did was disgusting!

Foreign influence, probably China.

Domestic influence, Brits.

There are a lot of "democratically" elected officials who are still monarchists at heart.

I would hope, given that Canada is a constitutional monarchy and that little thing called an oath...

There are a lot of "democratically" elected officials who are still monarchists at heart. Heck - you can say that there are quite a few Bloq Quebecois that are sympathetic to the motherland. Its just thats a little more acceptable as a Euro nation I guess.

I'm not sure I've ever read a post by you that makes any sense. This one sure doesn't.

i mean working for another foreign power while in office is or should be something that is very serious....

The whole thing is a little too vague to take seriously at the moment; nobody named, no provinces singled out, no foreign governments identified, not even an explanation of what "infiltrated" means in this specific case. The story will live for some time, given all the mystery and nods to sexy espionage movies, but I'd like some more fact, please.

Wark said Canada does not have a history of foreign infiltration.

The fact that this guy is a history professor makes me think this must be one of those times the media is quoting people out of context, because pretty much anyone who took any history in this country has heard of the events surrounding Igor Gouzenko. I would certainly call that a historically significant incidence of " foreign infiltration. "

I'm still way more concerned about the corporate influences our governments are under.

I'm not sure I've ever read a post by you that makes any sense. This one sure doesn't.

Ministers are supposed to be neutral, if they are influenced they are supposed to be influenced under the British Crown (and not the British Govt or any corporate influences either)

As Executive members as a "cabinet minister" - they are not allowed to be servile to two masters. IE: Cannot be both French and British or both Chinese and British. They must uphold things like Native land rights and treaties signed under British Law, not French seperatism.

The Executive system in Canada is British. Parliament is the arm that Legislative (and supposed to be independant of the Crown)

Not that its necessarily right but thats the system we have. I would greatly prefer that cabinet ministers be servants of the people, but thats more of a US type of govt (representational democracy)

IE: If the Auditor General were to do an audit of certain govt officials, she does not have to report the results to the general populace - but would have to report it to the Crown.

Why would Csis leak this just a week before the G summits? Because the French are arguably the strongest militants of concern. China? China could care less as long as the oil flows and we keep buying Iphones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLQ

"Bombing of the Montreal Stock Exchange in 1969"

Edited by ZenOps

Ministers are supposed to be neutral, if they are influenced they are supposed to be influenced under the British Crown (and not the British Govt or any corporate influences either)

You've clearly suffered a total breakdown in your comprehension of the deliniation between Canadian and British jurisdiction. The British Crown is the Crown shared amongst the Commonwealth realms specifically and only in its British council, cabinet, and courts. There hasn't been a British Crown in Canada for nearly 30 years.

[correct]

Edited by g_bambino

Pssh, I'm just saying that some Cabinet ministers are breeding a new FLQ thats all (right or wrong) It may be called the Lone Star state - or WildRose Alberta.

Which trumps all other influence issues. The no-contest F-35 contract is a close second (govt bowing to US military corporate influence)

I think the rest of Canada assumes its somebody funding the Taliban or Halliburton, or a black guy. Rob Anders has already crept into all your minds far too deep if you believe that.

France is a foreign influence. The US military is a foreign influence.

Edited by ZenOps

You've clearly suffered a total breakdown in your comprehension of the deliniation between Canadian and British jurisdiction. The British Crown is the Crown shared amongst the Commonwealth realms specifically and only in its British council, cabinet, and courts. There hasn't been a British Crown in Canada for nearly 30 years.

[correct]

Jurisdiction has nothing to do with it.

There are three arms, Legislative, Executive and Judicial. Not very many singular government bodies have control over all three. If they have control over all three - its usually called despotism or totalitarianism.

Harper, would attempt to pull all three and religion under one roof - Which many see as a disaster waiting to happen. King Harper! Emporer Harper the Despot! We are buying F-35's why? Because I said so dammit! Get your Scrawny hot dog stand outta my G summit.

Edited by ZenOps

Jurisdiction has nothing to do with it.

Wrong.

Pssh, I'm just saying that some Cabinet ministers are breeding a new FLQ thats all...

Perhaps that is what you were saying (it's difficult to tell), but you were certainly basing it on a totally flawed understanding of Canada's sovereignty.

[+]

Edited by g_bambino

I don't know of a time when this hasn't been the case in Canadas History. While you may think its serious, and it is serious, it is also business as usual in Canada.

This isn't suprising, nor a revelation. But it does make good headlines and I do wonder why Csis would put it out there???

I am glad they did, we as a society need to take control of those foreign influences head on.

Don't hold your breathe.

This story will fade.