Obama's Katrina

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's his Republican counter part? Surely you don't mean a Governor. A President has a thousand times more power than any Governor! Now you're spinning and deflecting! :lol:

A thousand times! Wow! You mean Obama is some sort of superhero?

All the power in the world cannot hold back hurricanes or magically plug puking oil wells. And the culture of corruption and lax safety standards certainly didn't begin with him. This is the price of an oil economy. As it becomes ever more valuable and ever more difficult to get, expect these incidents to become more common and much worse. Presidents, like a lot of politicians, have far less power than they, or you, think.

Who's his Republican counter part? Surely you don't mean a Governor. A President has a thousand times more power than any Governor! Now you're spinning and deflecting! :lol:

Might have been true before Bush. Not so much now. I remember Jindal giving speech after speech about weakening that power. Sorry Shady you can't have the position you have that the Feds should only govern the military then get mad when you weakened the Feds so much they can't do anything. Sorry we see now why Republicans were wrong and every post you make is an argument on why you are wrong.

Might have been true before Bush. Not so much now. I remember Jindal giving speech after speech about weakening that power. Sorry Shady you can't have the position you have that the Feds should only govern the military then get mad when you weakened the Feds so much they can't do anything. Sorry we see now why Republicans were wrong and every post you make is an argument on why you are wrong.

Complete nonsense. Go argue your strawman arguement with somebody else. The situation in the gulf is primarily what you want an effective government for.

Obama's uselessness continues...

Largest skimmer in the world must be deemed ‘effective’ by the federal government before it’s allowed to help with oil clean-up

The largest skimming ship in the world — known as an “A Whale” — is expected to arrive in the Gulf of Mexico on Wednesday, but will be prevented from contracting with BP to help clean up the oil spill until the federal government decides that the vessel is “effective.”

Link

That's just great. Heckuva job Obamie! :angry:

Complete nonsense. Go argue your strawman arguement with somebody else. The situation in the gulf is primarily what you want an effective government for.

Obama's uselessness continues...

That's just great. Heckuva job Obamie! :angry:

What? Test an untested skimmer which has never been used and was converted into a skimmer recently? Make sure it is safe. I forgot what got us into this mess oh yeah no testing equipment, I guess republicans never learn. Regulating and testing equipment is important.

It is infinitely frustrating seeing republicans NEVER learning from their mistakes and arguing over and over again to repeat those mistakes. That is all Shady has been doing in this thread. Everything he is mad about is what caused this mess in the first place.

More lies. Untested? Lie. Never been used? Lie.

According to the AP which you keep talking about as the best source of news in the other threads Shady.

But the ship has never been tested, and many questions remain about how it will operate. For instance, the seawater retains trace amounts of oil, even after getting filtered, so the Environmental Protection Agency will have to sign off on allowing the treated water back into the Gulf....

The vessel, owned by the Taiwanese shipping firm TMT Group, was completed as a tanker earlier this year in South Korea. But after the Gulf spill, the company's CEO and founder, Nobu Su, ordered it changed into a giant skimmer. The vessel was sent to Portugal for the refit and embarked for the Gulf as soon as it was finished.

Hmmmmmmm in Shady's world the "ship has never been tested" means it has been tested. Also it being constructed a year ago, and refitted only months ago must means it must have been used somewhere. Where was that again oh yeah NO WHERE. Shady I expect an apology please for being called a liar when it is clear you don't even know what you talking about.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gIXWYBTpLtSayJtg41LKXpxSxVPAD9GLV2700

Yes please Obama Test this equipment which has never been tested. Make sure it is safe it is Republicans "drill baby drill" never mind testing equipment to make sure it is safe lets do it as fast as we can which cost 11 lives and is destroying the environment and Shady keeps showing us that.

Edited by punked

Also it being constructed a year ago, and refitted only months ago must means it must have been used somewhere.

Yes, it has been used before. The testing isn't the issue. The reason it's being held up from being used in the gulf is because the Feds won't let it. Because it doesn't clean 100% of the water, only 99%. :rolleyes:

For instance, the seawater retains trace amounts of oil, even after getting filtered, so the Environmental Protection Agency will have to sign off on allowing the treated water back into the Gulf.

You continue to make excuses for incompetence. The ships been available to use for over 3 months. And only now the Feds have started to kick the tires. Maybe that should have happened much sooner than day 72 of the oil leak. How about checking this stuff up, say, around day 40? Or day 30? Not frigging almost 80 days into the disaster.

Yes, it has been used before. The testing isn't the issue. The reason it's being held up from being used in the gulf is because the Feds won't let it. Because it doesn't clean 100% of the water, only 99%. :rolleyes:

You continue to make excuses for incompetence. The ships been available to use for over 3 months. And only now the Feds have started to kick the tires. Maybe that should have happened much sooner than day 72 of the oil leak. How about checking this stuff up, say, around day 40? Or day 30? Not frigging almost 80 days into the disaster.

Where is my apology it has NEVER been used the AP says so. So if has been used Shady I expect you to provide a source, the Enquirer isn't even reporting that lie Shady so that source is going to be hard for you to find.

Shady because it has never been used and NEVER BEEN tested no one knows if it is going to work. I know you are ok with the government paying millions to so big corporation from Taiwan to provide a service which actually does nothing but take the governments money do something they actually can't do. I am not. I would like government to see if it is going to work in anyway or if is a waste of money. I like my government to be responsible with my money not just throw at problems in hopes the problem will go away. To republicans deficits don't matter and money is no object.

Yes Obama test it see if actually does separate oil from water. See if it is worth the millions they are asking before using it. Shady's ideas are those that got us into this mess, test nothing, misuse money, and regulation is bad. Time to try a NEW approach.

BTW where is my apology. I am glad everyone on the forum can see how wrong you are though.

PS. The AP says the A Whale was converted to SKIMMER AFTER the Gulf Oil Spill so tell me how if was converted to skimmer only 2 months ago and it took time to do, that has been available for three months Shady? Another lie.

Edited by punked

PS. The AP says the A Whale was converted to SKIMMER AFTER the Gulf Oil Spill

Nope. You're spinning again. It was refitted 3 months ago. It still doesn't explain why the Obama Administration waited 70 days to inquire about it's services.

P.S. The A-Whale is now on it's way to the gulf to be used at the spill site. Looks like Obama got those test results in about 24 hours! :rolleyes: Probably had nothing to do with the press reports. :rolleyes:

That's some damn quick testing, eh punked!

Anyways, more incompentence.

BP and the Obama administration face mounting complaints that they are ignoring foreign offers of equipment and making little use of the fishing boats and volunteers available to help clean up what may now be the biggest spill ever in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Coast Guard said there have been 107 offers of help from 44 nations, ranging from technical advice to skimmer boats and booms. But many of those offers are weeks old, and only a small number have been accepted, with the vast majority still under review, according to a list kept by the State Department.

AP

Refitted 3 months ago, but possibly only recently tested. But even that is not true.

P.S. The A-Whale is now on it's way to the gulf to be used at the spill site. Looks like Obama got those test results in about 24 hours! :rolleyes: Probably had nothing to do with the press reports. :rolleyes:

That's some damn quick testing, eh punked!

Anyways, more incompentence.

Maybe on your part. According to MSNBC the ship is already in the Gulf, anchored near the mouth of the Mississippi.

It's funny and ironic, you are now hamming on this when you've said that the oil is natural and really no big deal. But you want to focus on Obama and can't/don't want to blame the real culprits here. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously anymore?

Not to mention Kevin Costner's oil/water separation units. Works the same as this A-whale He'd been banging on the government's door for a decade to get these things into service, because they've been proven to work. And now BP is asking for over 30 of them right now. We could have already had a solution in place.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38047155/ns/disaster_in_the_gulf/

Not to mention this A-Whale did not exist when the spill happened. Maybe you can prove me wrong Shady.

Also let's check out your own AP article for some facts which you have obviously glazed over.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gIXWYBTpLtSayJtg41LKXpxSxVPAD9GMR4F81

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs on Thursday scorned the idea that "somehow it took the command 70 days to accept international help."

"That is a myth," he declared, "that has been debunked literally hundreds of times."

He said 24 foreign vessels were operating in the Gulf before this week. He did not specifically address the Dutch vessels.

Edited by GostHacked

I agree it is a bad precedent to bar reporters from the scene. And this is not the first time the government bans news sources from filming in emergency/disaster situations. Oh this kind of thing would never happen under Bush's watch. That is one thing you'd say, but you'd be wrong.... again.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1457445.htm

Banning of the pictures of the death toll from Katrina.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/07/AR2005090702126.html

In an e-mail explaining the decision, a FEMA spokeswoman wrote: "The recovery of victims is being treated with dignity and the utmost respect and we have requested that no photographs of the deceased be made by the media."

Efforts to recover bodies continued yesterday. Out in the city's filthy waters, rescue teams tied bodies to trees or fences when they found them and noted the location for later recovery before carrying on in search of survivors.

If you want to treat them with dignity, tying them to a tree for later recovery seems ..... To bad they did not ban reporters from the start. Heckuva-Job-Brownie would most likely still be doing a heckuva job.

It's funny Shady, you did not think it was that big of a problem when the oil rig blew up, and said the oil was natural and the gulf will handle it without issue... and now you got your knickers all up in your crack about almost everything pertaining to this. Where the hell was your outrage 70+ days ago? The rest of us were damn pissed and knew this was going to be a nightmare.

I don't mean to pick on you personally Shady, but you make it so damn f*cking easy.

...It's funny Shady, you did not think it was that big of a problem when the oil rig blew up, and said the oil was natural and the gulf will handle it without issue... and now you got your knickers all up in your crack about almost everything pertaining to this. Where the hell was your outrage 70+ days ago? The rest of us were damn pissed and knew this was going to be a nightmare.

Hey, speak for yourself....and why the hell would you care so much from Canada anyway if not also interested in the political angle? It's not like you live in the US gulf region.

Hey, speak for yourself....and why the hell would you care so much from Canada anyway if not also interested in the political angle? It's not like you live in the US gulf region.

You still posting?

And, check this, the OP (Shady) is from Toronto, but not once have you hammed on him for being a Canadian.

You still posting?

Yea...you gatta problem wit dat?

And, check this, the OP (Shady) is from Toronto, but not once have you hammed on him for being a Canadian.

That's the entire point...he has as much a wannabe right to grind this out from another planet as you do. It's fun to watch the me-so-Yankee dance!

Of course not.

That's the entire point...he has as much a wannabe right to grind this out from another planet as you do. It's fun to watch the me-so-Yankee dance!

Hope you buy Kleenex in bulk.

That's all you got tonight? Kleenex (yet another Yankee icon) has displaced tissue in your vocabulary because of those damn Americans and their media. You can't help yourself even if you wanted to.