Sex Ed taught in Grade1 now!

If that's all you did in high school, I feel pretty sorry for you. It would explain your attitudes, mind you. I find most of the people I encounter who are deadset against sex ed were pretty much high school reject types whose idea of sex probably amounted to pulling bra straps.

yup...I recall sex contests boys and girls competing to see who could have the most partners in a week, month or school year...and I recall other kids being totally oblivious to what was going on...

my oldest bro 75(I believe)first sexual encounter 13, sex now is no different than decades ago we're just more open about and tell the truth...my aunt was single teenage mom in 1924 at 16, I never found out until about 6 yrs ago, no one from the older generation would talk about it, my uncle still refuses to admit he has an illigimate son who is 65...apparently the older generations would like us to believe they only had sex after marriage, only to concieve and only in the missionary position...

Edited by wyly

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is I want the little ones to be care free as long as possible and believe in tooth Fairies and Santa. i don`t think teachers who are not very good at teaching the three Rs these days are qualified to teach sex.

We have gone from tolerant of our differences to you must agree completely with others life styles or your not normal!

My problem is I want the little ones to be care free as long as possible and believe in tooth Fairies and Santa. i don`t think teachers who are not very good at teaching the three Rs these days are qualified to teach sex.

We have gone from tolerant of our differences to you must agree completely with others life styles or your not normal!

I think your problems are more serious than that:

1. The world you pine for, this care free world you think is perfection, never existed. At best, some semi-mythical period existed between the end of WWII and the early 1960s where a certain kind of prudish idealism was foisted on the middle classes, but all in all, for thousands of years (and probably much much longer considering the behavior of our closest living relatives), juveniles of our species have experimented with sex.

2. You make a sweeping statement about teachers, which looks to me to be just plain prejudicial. I suspect that your slur against teachers is just a red herring to justify your belief in this mythical time when kids were somehow innocent and unknowing of the activities of their elders. Again, this is the same semi-mythical idealism, the sort of idealism that frowned on women openly breastfeeding and other essentially mundane activities turned into sexual taboos.

3. Your complaint about "our differences" makes me think you don't approve of children being aware of other sexual orientations. Would that sum up your feelings?

the little ones have no issues learning, it's the adults who have issues...

I laugh at the intellectuals on here who claim that this is better to be taught by a trained teacher than parents.

Being a former teacher, becoming an expert in anything education related means listening to some so-called expert speak for 5 hours. Listen to that and your an expert. That's how experts are "made" in the education field.

Let kids be kids. Leave this perverted curriculum out of schools.

Imagine being in Grade 7 or 8 and never forgetting the teacher who taught you what anal sex is. It's scary to think the "spin" certain teachers can add to this greasy curriculum.

Good. This happened in Manitoba last year, and I know from experience (i.e. being in school) that kids already know all about things by grade 1 - 3. They just may not know the proper terminology.

What happened in Manitoba last year? I (also being in school) didn't come upon any kids grade 1-3 who talked about sex. They talked about hockey and other kid related things that normal kids talk about.

Saying that kids grades 1-3 already know ALL about things may be the most idiotic statement I've read on this forum.

LET KIDS BE KIDS for the few years they can enjoy it without greaseball politicians and other various degenerates warping their minds to promote their own sick agendas. And that is exactly what all of this is; an agenda to promote idealogy at the expense of our most vulnerable.

What happened in Manitoba last year? I (also being in school) didn't come upon any kids grade 1-3 who talked about sex. They talked about hockey and other kid related things that normal kids talk about.

Saying that kids grades 1-3 already know ALL about things may be the most idiotic statement I've read on this forum.

And yet I'd wager that the large majority of people here knew something about sex by that age. Other than your conviction that the concept of sex is alien until some point (what point is that exactly, when they're 20?), you don't seem to be doing much other than hyperventilating and, as is so typical of those who fear sex, creating an imaginary version of childhood.

LET KIDS BE KIDS for the few years they can enjoy it without greaseball politicians and other various degenerates warping their minds to promote their own sick agendas. And that is exactly what all of this is; an agenda to promote idealogy at the expense of our most vulnerable.

The problem is that letting kids be kids often leads to STDs and unwanted pregnancies. Besides, no one is proposing teaching 6 year olds how to have sex, so far as I can tell.

But if it bothers you that much, pull your kids out. Sex Ed always requires a parent or guardian's permission. Then you can avoid telling them about sex until they've already had some experience with it, or found out on the Internet, or heard something about it from a friend.

Edited by ToadBrother

Sex ed (at least in Frontier School Division) started being taught....specifically human anatomy.

Edited by Smallc

I remember in grade 10, being woken up during "Life something or other" class...the teacher dropped a heavy book on my desk. I opened my eyes slowly to see Mrs Zamborsky glaring down on me.

"So Morris, can we assume that you have no interest in sex and how babies are made?" she harped...

I lifted my head off the desk and looked her staight in the hair bun and said, "yeah sure, wake me when you get to technique"

Edited by M.Dancer

And yet I'd wager that the large majority of people here knew something about sex by that age. Other than your conviction that the concept of sex is alien until some point (what point is that exactly, when they're 20?), you don't seem to be doing much other than hyperventilating and, as is so typical of those who fear sex, creating an imaginary version of childhood.

The problem is that letting kids be kids often leads to STDs and unwanted pregnancies. Besides, no one is proposing teaching 6 year olds how to have sex, so far as I can tell.

But if it bothers you that much, pull your kids out. Sex Ed always requires a parent or guardian's permission. Then you can avoid telling them about sex until they've already had some experience with it, or found out on the Internet, or heard something about it from a friend.

Toadbrother, your post is full of cliches based on what you heard some "expert" say. Actually, I will take the responsibility as a parent and teach my own kids about sex at an age when they can comprehend the subject. I will not let some teacher who has completed a 5-hour course teach my kids about the ins and outs of sex. If that's what you want for your kids, then so be it. I don't think kids need to learn about oral sex when they are 12, or that anal sex is safe if a condom is used. Believe it or not, there are many teens out there with the self control to abstain.

And if you want to do some research on the success of explicit sex-ed, look no further than the U.K. They have sex-ed at a very young age and their teen pregnancy rate and STD infection rate are amongst the world's highest. That goes against what the media wants us to know. Toadbrother, you should be old enough to realize that there are 2 sides to every coin.

Edited by lukin

Indeed, if smallc had his way he would replace readings from the bible in Manitoba with playboy magazine

Sex ed (at least in Frontier School Division) started being taught....specifically human anatomy.

Smallc, I have no problem with human anatomy. It's the parts about explicit sex acts that bother me. Also, sex-ed trends in the USA eventually make their way to Canada. There is some nasty sex-ed happening in the USA if you do your research.

Teaching 12 year olds about oral and anal sex is perverted. The fact that you don't think so gives a lot of insight into your mind.

Plenty of 12 year olds are already having oral sex anyway, and I'm sure some are trying anal at that point too or will be within a few years of that age. Giving them some reliable information on the subject rather than forcing them to rely on rumors and experimentation is better and safer for all.

That being said, my opinion is that it really should be the parent's responsibility. Unfortunately, most parents suck at this. If the parents fail, really, the kids can learn about it themselves within a few seconds through the use of wikipedia. But in a society where public schools are used to disseminate knowledge in the way that ours are, sex education is as fair game of a topic as anything else.

Plenty of 12 year olds are already having oral sex anyway, and I'm sure some are trying anal at that point too or will be within a few years of that age. Giving them some reliable information on the subject rather than forcing them to rely on rumors and experimentation is better and safer for all.

That being said, my opinion is that it really should be the parent's responsibility. Unfortunately, most parents suck at this. If the parents fail, really, the kids can learn about it themselves within a few seconds through the use of wikipedia. But in a society where public schools are used to disseminate knowledge in the way that ours are, sex education is as fair game of a topic as anything else.

There are a lot of good teachers out there, but there are also plenty who I do not want anywhere near my kid, let alone pushing their views on sex-ed. Too many teachers could care less if a student can read, write, or perform basic math. Too many teachers are interested in pushing their ideologies on students. As someone who worked for 18 years in public schools, I can honestly say I have little faith in them. I do not want these people pushing their liberalized sexual views on my kids.

There are a lot of good teachers out there, but there are also plenty who I do not want anywhere near my kid, let alone pushing their views on sex-ed. Too many teachers could care less if a student can read, write, or perform basic math. Too many teachers are interested in pushing their ideologies on students. As someone who worked for 18 years in public schools, I can honestly say I have little faith in them. I do not want these people pushing their liberalized sexual views on my kids.

I agree that many teachers are terrible and their instruction does not benefit students. This should be fixed by revamping the way that teachers are hired, retained, and promoted. It should not mean that we should take important topics off the curriculum because some teachers do a bad job of teaching them.

Guest TrueMetis

And if you want to do some research on the success of explicit sex-ed, look no further than the U.K. They have sex-ed at a very young age and their teen pregnancy rate and STD infection rate are amongst the world's highest. That goes against what the media wants us to know. Toadbrother, you should be old enough to realize that there are 2 sides to every coin.

Sex ed in the UK is not compulsory and covers the reproductive system, fetal development, and the physical and emotional changes of adolescence. Information about contraception and safe sex is discretionary, and most Kids think they aren't getting enough sex ed. The UK is an example of not enough sex ed not to much.

If that's all you did in high school, I feel pretty sorry for you. It would explain your attitudes, mind you. I find most of the people I encounter who are deadset against sex ed were pretty much high school reject types whose idea of sex probably amounted to pulling bra straps.

Teaching young children about masturbation, and lubrication is a precursor for practice - children as young as 10 are already engaging in oral sex and sexual activities and you wish them to start earlier?. Sex is over top, it is in the sextexting, in the media and hyper sexualised, so much so that young people actually believe it is cool to be engaging. Some university kids think if you don't have a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend", you are not in with the program. And boyfriend means you are having sex, has nothing to do with romance and courtship. It is sad - no gallant gentlemen any longer. Having the front lobal under-developed is the only commanding excuse I found for youths for their behaviours....well some people can also have delayed development.

I find it hard to believe that parents here think it is ok for kids to be engaging in sex at this early age.

It is strange how this sex education has suddenly become a buring issue; the good government is helping you decide how to demoralize your child at a younger age, and at the same time also telling you to bend over an accept the HST.

I guess we are all screwing around so much, now you cannot distinguished when you are getting a good F$%k.

Thank you Lukin! Now here is a teacher,who agrees with me. I taught my boys about sex and respect for the girls and women. There is more to the act of sex than just the physical act. There is emotions,especially with adolescent girls. I was not a goody two shoes either. I was a tough hard man. But my kids have never heard me raise my voice in anger to their Mother to this day and they are all grown with kids of their own.I think that teaching about sex is respect for your fellow human being. I fear that will not happen. Thanks again Lukin for your wise words . Yes their are some good teachers but not all are qualified and some come with their own agendas. how can they help it ? They are human.