Palin Races for Bottom in Amazing Display of Hypocrisy

I expect that they will have to terminate him with extreme prejudice, or just send the tabloids some nice photoshopped photos of him in a Motel 6 with a shaved chimp and a large mound of white powder.

You have to feel bad for the oxycontin junkies, though. That is the worst.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to feel bad for the oxycontin junkies, though. That is the worst.

I just feel bad for the chimp.

That drug, in all seriousness, seems to push people into desperation. Sometimes recovered addicts realize that human falibilities deserve more sympathy, but it didn't happen for Rush.

Guest American Woman
Sorry posted this in the other thread too.

But it seems to fit better here.

Palin gets her undies in a knot about a Family Guy episode.

Evidently when Limbaugh uses "satire," it's funny; when 'Family Guy' does, not so funny.

Edited to add:This quote seems to fit better here, too, than it does in the "quotes" thread:

"In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes."

-Andrea Fay Friedman, voice actress played the character depicted as having Down syndrome on the recent episode of Family Guy. Of special significance, Friedman herself has Down syndrome.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

The loaf of French bread crack was particularly stinging. That was mean because it is so true.

Made more so by the fact that the person making the observation has Down's Syndrome herself.

Again, as tasteless as the comment may or may not have been, Family Guy is all about satire, and Palin can't have it both ways. It can't be ok when one person does it and disgusting when it's another.

As I said, the more Palin is in the public, the more people will see her for what she is. It will make for an interesting campaign if she actually has plans to run for POTUS. I'm sure her comment about liberals being "kooks" will win her a lot of swing votes. :rolleyes:

Guest American Woman

Looks like the bloom is off the Rogue.

More than half the nation - 55% - see Sarah Palin unfavorably, and 71% believe the "Going Rogue" author is not qualified to be President, according to an ABC News/Washington Post poll Thursday.

The former Alaska governor and Tea Party darling said recently she will consider running for the White House, but both those numbers are new lows for her and don't augur well for a national political run.

The poll was conducted Feb. 4-8

Even 52% of Republicans don't think she is qualified* for the presidency.

For clarification purposes, "qualified" refers to "competent," b_c. ;)

She just finished 3rd in the CPAC straw poll....

She may be on her way out. We have been seeing quite a lot of her lately, and sometimes less is more.

- number of CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) attendees: ~10,000

- top 3 finishers in the straw poll: 1) Ron Paul @ 31%; 2) Mitt Romney @ 22%; 3) Sarah Palin @ 7%.

run Forrest, run! :lol:

(Ron Paul... really?)

- number of CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) attendees: ~10,000

- top 3 finishers in the straw poll: 1) Ron Paul @ 31%; 2) Mitt Romney @ 22%; 3) Sarah Palin @ 7%.

run Forrest, run! :lol:

(Ron Paul... really?)

It's early and the flakes get an early run. It rarely lasts.

It's early and the flakes get an early run. It rarely lasts.

Exactly. Mitt Romney is clearly the most qualified and best suited candidate to run in 2012. America needs a President that's a compitent executive, who actually understands business and economics now more than ever. The current Prez is an absolute disaster.

Exactly. Mitt Romney is clearly the most qualified and best suited candidate to run in 2012. America needs a President that's a compitent executive, who actually understands business and economics now more than ever. The current Prez is an absolute disaster.

Mitt is damaged goods.

The good candidates will emerge as part of the 2010 election process and the names aren't necessarily even on the radar now.

Made more so by the fact that the person making the observation has Down's Syndrome herself.

Again, as tasteless as the comment may or may not have been, Family Guy is all about satire, and Palin can't have it both ways. It can't be ok when one person does it and disgusting when it's another.

As I said, the more Palin is in the public, the more people will see her for what she is. It will make for an interesting campaign if she actually has plans to run for POTUS. I'm sure her comment about liberals being "kooks" will win her a lot of swing votes. :rolleyes:

For a constituency (the far right) that continually deplores "political correctness," there are a lot of politically-correct thought police doing a whole lot of shrieking these days.

Mitt is damaged goods.

The good candidates will emerge as part of the 2010 election process and the names aren't necessarily even on the radar now.

Watch for Newt I am betting after the Nov midterms he starts to organize for a Presidential bid.

Mitt is damaged goods.

Mitt Romney is definitely not damaged goods. In fact, at the latest CPAC convention, he was very warmly recieved. And in this current economic environment, with the current economic illiterate in the White House, Mitt Romney's stock will only continue to rise.

Newt and Mitt are well known NOTB but both are for one reason or another unelectable. Mitt has the "Mormon issue" in the Christian fundamentalist areas. Additionally, he is known as a flip-flopper.

Newt was great as a cudgel in the 1994 elections, but when actually given a chance to lead, as Speaker of the House, he failed miserably.