Tamil Terrorists Released to Walk Canadian Streets!

The government is a reflection of the broad beliefs of the people.

The same government and people that thought Vancouver...the least winterish city in Canada...would be a boffo place to hold the Winter Olympics. Mass stupidity is possible...

:)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea. We have a very large immigrant population, but I don't know.

I'm really not sure what you expected would be done. If there was no real legal to hold the people, then we couldn't have held them, whether we like it or not.

That's one of the things that is both good and bad about the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Certain sections of it seem to apply to all people in Canada, citizens or not.

We should have turned that boat AROUND and sent them on their way with a fresh load of fuel/food/water.

See yah!

The same government and people that thought Vancouver...the least winterish city in Canada...would be a boffo place to hold the Winter Olympics. Mass stupidity is possible...

:)

Yes, those same people. I support the Vancouver - Whistler Olympics btw.

Edited by Smallc

I'm not sure we could have done that. Perhaps, but I'm not sure.

Perhaps some stupid law would get in the way...for sure. But when laws stop working for the citizens and start helping the non-citizens, we have a problem. In the future, this is only going to get worse. If climate change proves to be a reality, mass loads of boat people will be Canada's fate. We'd best learn quickly or become more of a dumping ground for the world's refugees than we already are.

Its funny too, even nowadays...

Try explaining to a Texan coming to Alberta, trying to buy up land - that they do not and cannot own the mineral rights to the land (the oil) as its owned by the Crown Corporation (The Queen)

And damn - if its becoming increasingly difficult to shift between the US and Canada, for fear of the "brain drain" upon leaving a country.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/03/20/galloway-ban-canada-kenney.html

Pshh - If Galloway even set foot in Canada he would be thrown in jail nowadays, lol.

If Rob Anders ever set foot in the US - I'd figure Obama would have him thrown in jail.

And if Nelson Mandela set foot in Canada - I'd figure Rob Anders would try to have him thrown in jail too.

The Dalai Lama, would be arrested the second he set foot anywhere in China.

Edited by ZenOps

Yes, those same people. I support the Vancouver - Whistler Olympics btw.

Ah yes...playground of the rich and famous. It still melts like a bitch there in Whistler, as well...come the Pineapple Express...which we have happening right now.

:P

Up north it went from -35C to +10C in under 24 hours! Melted EVERYTHING. What a mess.

Anyways...

The Tigers have been recognized in Canada for some time as a terrorist organization. That's where refugee status gets a little complicated. I mean, would you accept members of Hamas or Hezbollah just because the Israelis get medieval on their asses?

The Tigers have a long history in Canada of raising money and sending it back to continue the war. That's why they were deemed a terrorist organization to begin with. At this point, you want to reask the question?

Yeah, pretty much.

As for your contention that funding wars should constitute an illegal act of terror, I wholeheartedly agree. I'd rather ask why is it that we and our closest allies expect a free pass for all the funds we've sent to wars all around the planet.

Yeah, pretty much.

As for your contention that funding wars should constitute an illegal act of terror, I wholeheartedly agree. I'd rather ask why is it that we and our closest allies expect a free pass for all the funds we've sent to wars all around the planet.

Do you have any point to make that doesn't devolve into non sequiturs. We're talking about the Tigers.

Perhaps some stupid law would get in the way...for sure. But when laws stop working for the citizens and start helping the non-citizens, we have a problem. In the future, this is only going to get worse. If climate change proves to be a reality, mass loads of boat people will be Canada's fate. We'd best learn quickly or become more of a dumping ground for the world's refugees than we already are.

This is why we should ship the whole works of you immigrant, boat-people terrorists back to Europe! Imagine the nerve of some of you--the nerve to whine over all the free-land you got..if you don't like it--go back to Europe you Immigrant with seniority you! :lol:

This is why we should ship the whole works of you immigrant, boat-people terrorists back to Europe! Imagine the nerve of some of you--the nerve to whine over all the free-land you got..if you don't like it--go back to Europe you Immigrant with seniority you! :lol:

I was born here.

3 Tamil-Canadians to face sentencing in N.Y.

A U.S. District Court judge will soon hand down sentences against a group of Tamil-Canadians who tried to purchase weapons from FBI undercover agents, which they intended to send to the Tamil Tigers.

The three Canadian men -- Thanigasalam, Sabaratnam and Sarachandran -- engaged in negotiations to purchase heat-seeking, anti-aircraft missiles and launchers, 500 AK-47s and other military equipment for the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), the FBI said. Yogarasa was arrested with them but was not charged with taking part in the negotiations.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100111/canadians_sentence_100111/20100111?hub=TopStoriesV2

I'm sure this sort of thing will work wonders for Canada's reputation, but let's sweep it under the carpet as long as they're a solid voting block for the Liberals in Toronto.

Edited by justme

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100111/canadians_sentence_100111/20100111?hub=TopStoriesV2

I'm sure this sort of thing will work wonders for Canada's reputation, but let's sweep it under the carpet as long as they're a solid voting block for the Liberals in Toronto.

Why not just contact the Russian Mafia in Canada, why go to NY?

Would almost make more sense to make them in Asia... take some gun smithing courses...

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-Build.php

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/rifles/ak-47-and-rpk-rifles/cPath/209_214

heat seeking missle is a little more complicated ---- as you need to have explosives.. and electronics components. Not all that difficult, but getting explosives component but you can get that from distilling urine.

You can also save animal fats then nitrate them to make nitro. see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saponification

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitration

Edited by William Ashley

To be fair he said 'Liberals in Toronto'.

That the US casts a suspicious eye on us for our devil may care refugee intake is nothing new.

Yeah, but immigration is the responsibility of the Harper government. Is he trying to help the Liberals ? Did he bet side money on the Liberals to "place" in the next race ? Is he shaving points ?