Libyans welcome home terrorist hero

Argus

The former Libyan spy convicted of murder in blowing up a Pan Am flight over Scotland was released from a Scottish prison the other day and sent home to Libya to die. The Scots, imho, have managed to give the word "compassion" a bad name, but in any event, the terrorist returned home and, despite Libyan assurances to the contrary, was greeted as a hero of the Arab people. Joyous crowds crowded around and threw flower petals, waving Libyan flags and congratulating him on his great victory. Libyan leader Moamar Gaddafi, the man who ordered the bombing, hugged and kissed him and expressed hopes for his recovery.

BBC

The story recalls the release of Lebanese terrorist Samir Kuntar, who had murdered an Israeli family, and the wild and jubilant crowds of Lebanese who turned out to dance in the streets at their own hero's release.

It seems there really is nothing which we in the west would recognize as ethics or moral values among Arabs when it comes to violence. Any violence is good violence as long as it's directed at someone else, it seems.

Though of course, the hand wringers will continue to tell us that terrorism is the actions of only a very, very, very few people with no real support among the Muslim world.

It does not matter much if within the crowd of celebrants, out of every ten there is one who is thinking - We Libyans would not have shown mercy...as for the "terrorist hero" _ I am sure he has had many second thoughts as to the inferiour state of mind that terrorism is - the seed has been sown by the Scotts - so as I said it does not matter if 9 duped fools cheer - one will understand - the Scotts are not stupid men - I prefere Scotts law over Roman law anyday. Look at the fact - who on earth was man enough and honourable enough to negotiate compensation money out of the Lybyans? The Americans could never have had the Libyan state admit to wrong doing - they don't respect the Americans - but they seem to have respected and trusted the Scotts.

The former Libyan spy convicted of murder in blowing up a Pan Am flight over Scotland was released from a Scottish prison the other day and sent home to Libya to die. The Scots, imho, have managed to give the word "compassion" a bad name, but in any event, the terrorist returned home and, despite Libyan assurances to the contrary, was greeted as a hero of the Arab people. Joyous crowds crowded around and threw flower petals, waving Libyan flags and congratulating him on his great victory. Libyan leader Moamar Gaddafi, the man who ordered the bombing, hugged and kissed him and expressed hopes for his recovery.

BBC

The story recalls the release of Lebanese terrorist Samir Kuntar, who had murdered an Israeli family, and the wild and jubilant crowds of Lebanese who turned out to dance in the streets at their own hero's release.

It seems there really is nothing which we in the west would recognize as ethics or moral values among Arabs when it comes to violence. Any violence is good violence as long as it's directed at someone else, it seems.

Though of course, the hand wringers will continue to tell us that terrorism is the actions of only a very, very, very few people with no real support among the Muslim world.

Some people think he was innocent, that's why they were happy. I don't know if he was guilty or not, but you seem to be sure he was guilty, probably because he was Muslim I guess.

Now you'll use that anecdote to say that Libyans are for terrorism :lol: !!

You are so pathetic with your blind hate toward Muslims!

Edited by monkeyman

Some people think he was innocent, that's why they were happy. I don't know if he was guilty or not, but you seem to be sure he was guilty, probably because he was Muslim I guess.

He was found guilty in a western court of law....do you think that the verdict would be different in a muslim court???

i've seen muslim justice in serveral countries , lets just say i don't think he'd be released for his medical conditions...

Now you'll use that anecdote to say that Libyans are for terrorism !!

You are so pathetic with your blind hate toward Muslims

It's kind of hard not to find fault with it, i mean they where cheering for a convicted terrorist, which killed over 200 people....maybe it is just a ugly western value but we don't cheer for mass murders.....

but then again i guess all those cheering after 9-11 did'nt support terrorism either.....

He was found guilty in a western court of law....do you think that the verdict would be different in a muslim court???

i've seen muslim justice in serveral countries , lets just say i don't think he'd be released for his medical conditions...

It's kind of hard not to find fault with it, i mean they where cheering for a convicted terrorist, which killed over 200 people....maybe it is just a ugly western value but we don't cheer for mass murders.....

but then again i guess all those cheering after 9-11 did'nt support terrorism either.....

"The fly in the ointment is that the other members of this terror cell had got off Scot-free (undetected) while he was denied appeals that would have probably freed him due to shakey evidence. Pretty sloppy all around."

You must be the type of guy that agreed 100% when Cheney made some FALSE PICTURES to invade Iraq. Kill Muslims on the basis of false pictures, how good is that ?

"The fly in the ointment is that the other members of this terror cell had got off Scot-free (undetected) while he was denied appeals that would have probably freed him due to shakey evidence. Pretty sloppy all around."

Fact remains he was found guilty, sloppy or not, I'm sure Scotlands justice systems mirrors most western countries, and a guilty verdict has to be proven with out a shadow of doubt.....

You must be the type of guy that agreed 100% when Cheney made some FALSE PICTURES to invade Iraq. Kill Muslims on the basis of false pictures, how good is that ?

No, i'm the kind of guy that does some research before blowing things out of his ass....

If that is the limit of your knowledge of the gulf war 1 or 2 then i can see how you've come to that conclusion....but if you look at all the info" available on the web on all the resons that the US and coalition invaded Iraq and you'll see it's not as simple as a few photo's....

That being said you never answered my question do you think he would have been found guilty in a muslim court of law,, you pick the country....and do you think they would have released him because of health reasons....

As for the anecdote, i think most average muslim countries are for anything bad that happens to the west....be it disasters, terrorism, etc etc....so it is not just a western ideal, it is shared by both sides....

Fact remains he was found guilty, sloppy or not, I'm sure Scotlands justice systems mirrors most western countries, and a guilty verdict has to be proven with out a shadow of doubt.....

I agree...it just appears that they settled for al-Megrahi when it had to have been a larger conspiracy.

No, i'm the kind of guy that does some research before blowing things out of his ass....

If that is the limit of your knowledge of the gulf war 1 or 2 then i can see how you've come to that conclusion....but if you look at all the info" available on the web on all the resons that the US and coalition invaded Iraq and you'll see it's not as simple as a few photo's....

That being said you never answered my question do you think he would have been found guilty in a muslim court of law,, you pick the country....and do you think they would have released him because of health reasons....

As for the anecdote, i think most average muslim countries are for anything bad that happens to the west....be it disasters, terrorism, etc etc....so it is not just a western ideal, it is shared by both sides....

Muslim countries are against terorism, it's a minority of Muslims that commit terrorist attacks. I could not answer the question, in some cases it would happen, in others no. 48 Muslim countries, 1,5 B on Muslims on the planet. We can't bring down your little question with a yes or a no. Some cases yes, some cases no.

But here is the answer you're waiting for: All Muslims(1,5B) would like to threat human beings as shit and let them die in prison and beat them until they die. Mohamed Ali did that , you saw how an animal he was??? He was always fighting people and knocking down people and be happy about it.....................

There ya go !

Muslim countries are against terorism, it's a minority of Muslims that commit terrorist attacks. I could not answer the question, in some cases it would happen, in others no. 48 Muslim countries, 1,5 B on Muslims on the planet. We can't bring down your little question with a yes or a no. Some cases yes, some cases no.

But here is the answer you're waiting for: All Muslims(1,5B) would like to threat human beings as shit and let them die in prison and beat them until they die. Mohamed Ali did that , you saw how an animal he was??? He was always fighting people and knocking down people and be happy about it.....................

There ya go !

you should all listen to what the representatives of these countries (supposedly ANTI TERRORISM) are advocating.

Guest American Woman
He was tried, convicted and sentenced. If there was mistakes then a retrial should happen. That did not happen, so why the hell was he sent home to live out his last days ????

There are two threads on this topic, so rather than repeat myself, I'll just post a link to my response that basically responds to what you are saying here. Under the circumstances, I can't understand why he was sent home either.

Edited by American Woman

All muslim countries are not again'st terrorism, in fact some out right support it, now and in the past, while other tolerate it....so your blanket statement holds no water....i will however agree that there is alot of muslims that do not advocate the use of violence....perhaps even a majority....

There ya go !

Thats not the answer i was looking for, both cultures are totally different with entirely different sets of morals and values....but one must admit thier laws are very strict, and not very forgiving....and while ever changing and improving in western eyes....it is in my opinion that once found guilty of a serious offence there would not be very much compassion for his release....medical or age wise anyways....

As for Ali yes he was great at knocking the shit out people, and everyone loved him for it....but thats another topic....

Edited by Army Guy

you should all listen to what the representatives of these countries (supposedly ANTI TERRORISM) are advocating.

Let's all generalize AGAIN with the comment of a FORMER minister of Jordan (a dumb fuck by the way).

That's it it's all you got ? Then yes, all 48 Muslim countries are for terrorism and the 1.5 B of Muslims in the world are for terrorism.

There ya go

He was tried, convicted and sentenced. If there was mistakes then a retrial should happen. That did not happen, so why the hell was he sent home to live out his last days ????

Why???

Because he would have died like a dog in Jail, and Scotland showed the world that they are better and more open than many assholes in the world (Muslims included).

There's your answer.

----------

By the way, many of you guys would like to be as radical as some dictators in the world (Muslims included). Just create an extreme right wing party that will reduce the rights of ethnic minorities in Canada.

Why???

Because he would have died like a dog in Jail, and Scotland showed the world that they are better and more open than many assholes in the world (Muslims included).

There's your answer.

----------

By the way, many of you guys would like to be as radical as some dictators in the world (Muslims included). Just create an extreme right wing party that will reduce the rights of ethnic minorities in Canada.

We had this discussion re: Susan Atkins. We pretty much concluded that she should rot with the only exception being that it is expensive for California to hold Ms Atkins in her current condition. That is compassion is a two way street and he had none just as Ms Atkins had none for her victims.

Don't mind monkeyman, he's just probing out Holocaust denial to see if it's his cup of tea or not.

Was just replying to a silly comment. He said that MORE PEOPLE were killed by Muslims in Irak since the war than by American, which is a ridiculous comment.

So I said the same thing about WW2 with the Jews, saying Jews were killed mostly by other Jews. Just to please so people and say stupid things like they do.

Guest American Woman
Was just replying to a silly comment. He said that MORE PEOPLE were killed by Muslims in Irak since the war than by American, which is a ridiculous comment.

So I said the same thing about WW2 with the Jews, saying Jews were killed mostly by other Jews. Just to please so people and say stupid things like they do.

Is it a "silly comment?" There are Iraqi factions fighting each other, killing each other, daily. You do realize that there is a lot of fighting/killing going on between the factions in Iraq, right? Or do you believe that if the U.S. left Iraq, suddenly there would be very little violence, very little killing/deaths? If you do, I think you're pretty much alone in that belief.

On the other hand, there were no Jews taking up arms against other Jews in WWII.

Any Canadian who knew anything about the world would tell you that the VAST majority of Muslims who are attacked and/or killed suffer from the violence of their co-religionists.

No, you just say stupid things because you don't know any better.

Any Canadian who knew anything about the world would tell you that the VAST majority of Muslims who are attacked and/or killed suffer from the violence of their co-religionists.

No, you just say stupid things because you don't know any better.

Of course Of course.....

Again you deny the fact that Us troops killed thousands...

By the way, saying that people who live in Pakystan are Arabs is silly. Don't say it again please.