Looks like the moderators don't want the truth to get out...

You should ask the questions of the moderators directly, and if the answer doesn't satisfy you then start a topic on interpretations of board rules.

You're too willing to jump to conclusions that the moderators are acting as some kind of censor - which is ridiculous. The moderators on here are excellent, and the primary reason for MLW's success in my opinion.

You should ask the questions of the moderators directly, and if the answer doesn't satisfy you then start a topic on interpretations of board rules.

You're too willing to jump to conclusions that the moderators are acting as some kind of censor - which is ridiculous. The moderators on here are excellent, and the primary reason for MLW's success in my opinion.

I would agree that most moderators here are excellent. However, there is one or two that have made questionable moves like this....often under the guise of an "accident".

Looks like the moderators don't want the truth to get out... "Pay up or leave, our duty to the Aboriginal people" deleted?
No. The Truth™ is irrelevent. Just be patient. The moderators are more concerned that discussions are civilized.
Why was it deleted?
The topic was not deleted. The topic was suspended < checking my watch > less than an hour ago and will be back up pending review.

There seems to be horrible forum infractions spread across many posts and quotes in that thread. I have to sift through a lot of nonsense and I am not guaranteeing that it will be done as fast as you may want.

have made questionable moves like this....often under the guise of an "accident".
Now, you are pushing it.

Are you implying that a moderator was lying about that accidentally deleted discussion on native issues from about a year ago?

Are you implying that a moderator deliberately wanted to hide The Truth™ and pretended to accidentally delete a thread, a thread that was filled with nonsense and forum infractions?

Am I understanding your insinuations correctly?

Anyone who was reading that thread after about 10pm Pacific time yesterday can vouch for the reason it was deleted.

I (and others too, I imagine) reported the thread due to comments being made that were at the very least extremely inappropriate, and quite likely actionable by law enforcement as well. The comments had nothing to do with the topic, and were entirely a matter of a personal issue involving a forum member.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds here, but I think it is important that people understand that the thread was not taken away due to the topic, but because of off-topic nonsense that was extremely inappropriate (to say the least.)

-k

Anyone who was reading that thread after about 10pm Pacific time yesterday can vouch for the reason it was deleted.

I (and others too, I imagine) reported the thread due to comments being made that were at the very least extremely inappropriate, and quite likely actionable by law enforcement as well. The comments had nothing to do with the topic, and were entirely a matter of a personal issue involving a forum member.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds here, but I think it is important that people understand that the thread was not taken away due to the topic, but because of off-topic nonsense that was extremely inappropriate (to say the least.)

-k

Were the nature of the comments threatening, such as in the context of someone visiting violence on someone else? That would certainly explain a lot.

Guest American Woman

I didn't even bother reading the posts so I didn't know they were threatening; I just know that there were pages and pages of irrelevant crap that I wouldn't even take the time to read through before responding in the thread myself -- after commenting on all the crap that was posted. It was ridiculous and I figured it was just a matter of time before the mods did something about it. In my opinion, they deserve thanks for taking the time to deal with it, not false accusations and insinuations.

I didn't even bother reading the posts so I didn't know they were threatening; I just know that there were pages and pages of irrelevant crap that I wouldn't even take the time to read through before responding in the thread myself -- after commenting on all the crap that was posted. It was ridiculous and I figured it was just a matter of time before the mods did something about it. In my opinion, they deserve thanks for taking the time to deal with it, not false accusations and insinuations.

Well, I guess the baseless accusations against the moderators proved one thing. The 'victim complex' is alive and well in some circles!

Natives are intergenerational prisoners of war - some adapt to the white mans' zoo - others do not. Those clever enough to fake being white get by..those that are more primative and honest..slowly perish..you could toss a billion bucks at the natives - some would prosper and thrive, while the others would continue to destroy themselves with our poisons..poisons used to control..remember - that the greatest wealth that exists in this nation - is money made from selling intoxicants to the poor...natives fall into that catagory to a great degree....so shame on the grandsons of bankers - their grandfathers were bootleggers.

The thread in question Pay up or leave is back up.

I just want to thank everybody who reported the offending posts. Threats of violence in the forum must be handled swiftly. The offender, Craig1, has been banned as a result.

If this Craig character does not have the brains to understand that threats of violence in virtual land are exactly the same as in the outside world then they have no buisness being here...try that type of aggression outside this forum - and you will be typing on iron bars...I hope this ban is perminent...or maybe not - perhaps they will learn - but I doubt it...once I uttered to a person that no matter how much material he accumulated that he was mortal and in time he would die -----------------------well that statement of fact landed me before a judge....do what you will - but don't even hint a threat..no one should be controlled of influenced by violence...we are either civilized or we are not...I believe we are mature wise and civil here!

I would agree that most moderators here are excellent. However, there is one or two that have made questionable moves like this....often under the guise of an "accident".

Perhaps I am going blind and missing something obvious but I only see two moderators listed - Charles Anthony and Greg. I don't see how 'most' of the moderators can be excellent while 'one or two' (which apparently covers the entire range of actual moderators) can be questionable...