Omar Khdar

Topaz

you've insulted every Canadian that fought or died in WW2 for advocating against rights they fought for, rights that were even accorded to the enemy...the irony of a military man disrespecting veterans and what they stood for...?

Thats an interesting twist, dont you think....Using the deaths of dead soldiers who paid the ultimate price fighting for and establishing our current rights and freedoms....but it brings up one question, do you think that they had Mr Khadrs rights in mind when they where orginally written. Do you think they would approve, of us now twisting those very rights to protect a terrorist, allowing him to walk free in the very nation him and his family hate ...the very nation those very same soldiers help build and protect....

you weren't by chance part of that regiment that was disbanded for torturing kids in Somalia were you

I can see your respect for the military runs deep even after you've stated some of your family is still serving....in high ranking postions....in spite of that you print this shit....That Regiment you talk of is the Canadian Airbourne Regiment

Disbanded because of a few individuals broke the faith....and for that over 700 soldiers paid the price , along with one of our nations finest combat units disgraced and disbanded....That political decission along with many others set our military back to it's present state now...

I also expect some of those challenging your military background in the face of your acerbic posturing, question your willingness to forego principle(s) that underlie the very essence of what the military is understood to respect and protect.

I think we all see the writting on the wall, if we grant or exericise those rights granted to every Canadain and bring young Khadr back to Canada, he will be set free....Because of lack of evidence or how some of it was gathered....it does not mean he is innocent like the famous OJ Simpson....but at the cost of ensuring everyone's right and freedoms this kid will be free to roam our streets, waiting to exact his revenge....i hope those thatbecome his next victims agree with what you advocate..... The needs of the many out wieghs the needs of the few....

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats an interesting twist, dont you think....Using the deaths of dead soldiers who paid the ultimate price fighting for and establishing our current rights and freedoms....but it brings up one question, do you think that they had Mr Khadrs rights in mind when they where orginally written. Do you think they would approve, of us now twisting those very rights to protect a terrorist, allowing him to walk free in the very nation him and his family hate ...the very nation those very same soldiers help build and protect....
those soldiers fought for freedom which is the rule of law and justice...justice which then as well as now means you are innocent until proven guilty nothing has changed before or since WW2, the twist is all yours if soldiers are fighting for anything else, I want nothing to do with them...
I can see your respect for the military runs deep even after you've stated some of your family is still serving....in high ranking postions....in spite of that you print this shit....That Regiment you talk of is the Canadian Airbourne Regiment

Disbanded because of a few individuals broke the faith....and for that over 700 soldiers paid the price , along with one of our nations finest combat units disgraced and disbanded....That political decission along with many others set our military back to it's present state now...

why does the military deserve any more respect than any other Canadian? are you royalty? demi gods? you have job like most canadians do, so what...the day the Airborne Regiment was disbanded was a day that the Canadian miltary should take pride in, it showed respect to rule of law...
I think we all see the writting on the wall, if we grant or exericise those rights granted to every Canadain and bring young Khadr back to Canada, he will be set free....Because of lack of evidence or how some of it was gathered....it does not mean he is innocent like the famous OJ Simpson....but at the cost of ensuring everyone's right and freedoms this kid will be free to roam our streets, waiting to exact his revenge....i hope those thatbecome his next victims agree with what you advocate..... The needs of the many out wieghs the needs of the few....

the need for justice out weighs all....innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, that is what freedom is all about...

the day the Airborne Regiment was disbanded was a day that the Canadian miltary should take pride in, it showed respect to rule of law...

How does the tarnishing of an entire regiment show respect for the law when only a few were fools? Seems to me a case of collective punishment..

The fools were dealt with according to the law...everything else was political pandering devoid of respect.

wulf42, the principal salient point that continues to escape you, is that those you assail and accuse of defending Khadr... are neither defending his alleged actions, his family, his family relations or his associations. The direct and indirect relevance of any of those actions, relations or associations (all alleged or otherwise), if defensible, would factor within a court of law.

I expect most of those you assail and accuse of defending Khadr... are defending, directly or by inference, the principle that a Canadian's charter rights have been breached. The ensuing Harper Conservatives challenge to the judicial remedy ruling for that breach is an accompanying sideshow.

I also expect most of those you assail and accuse of defending Khadr... have made their own assessments of the handling and treatment a Canadian has received while in U.S. custody... regardless of that Canadian's alleged actions, his family, his family relations or his associations.

I also expect some of those challenging your military background in the face of your acerbic posturing, question your willingness to forego principle(s) that underlie the very essence of what the military is understood to respect and protect.

I took the liberty of including the (my) full reply to the portion you singled out for comment...

in response to a comment from someone else, you also asked whether rights were established based upon conditional assessment of "types" of Canadians... I trust... I would expect... those rights were framed without conditions; i.e. a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.

upon repatriation, you anticipate the exercising of rights will result in the release of Khadr... you suggest, as possibilities, either a lack of evidence or the method of evidence gathering could predicate that release. In law that is considered due process - one is innocent unless proven guilty. I'm not clear how you find distinction - if you do - in this regard to the process of a "military tribunal/commission"... surely you're not suggesting it's unnecessary to attach guilt before verdict/sentencing within a military proceeding.

we are a nation founded upon principles that recognize the the rule of law

How does the tarnishing of an entire regiment show respect for the law when only a few were fools? Seems to me a case of collective punishment..

The fools were dealt with according to the law...everything else was political pandering devoid of respect.

there was more to it than a few fools, the regimental culture was contaminated....the military isn't a boys club it's a job, in any job you can be reassigned to another department by your boss...regimental loyalty is a childish anachronisim...

the regimental culture was contaminated....

Explain

...regimental loyalty is a childish anachronisim...

Why? Do you seriously believe espirit de corps is not an advantage? I would suggest that among the few fools, espirit de corps was and regimental pride was sorely lacking.

I took the liberty of including the (my) full reply to the portion you singled out for comment...

in response to a comment from someone else, you also asked whether rights were established based upon conditional assessment of "types" of Canadians... I trust... I would expect... those rights were framed without conditions; i.e. a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.

upon repatriation, you anticipate the exercising of rights will result in the release of Khadr... you suggest, as possibilities, either a lack of evidence or the method of evidence gathering could predicate that release. In law that is considered due process - one is innocent unless proven guilty. I'm not clear how you find distinction - if you do - in this regard to the process of a "military tribunal/commission"... surely you're not suggesting it's unnecessary to attach guilt before verdict/sentencing within a military proceeding.

we are a nation founded upon principles that recognize the the rule of law

For the love of God he is a terrorist!! a member of Al Qaeda!! .....he is not a Canadian!! he is the enemy

your silly liberal rambling,s of a "Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian"...is nonsense! As Army Guy

has stated this dirtbag will be set free in Canada guilty or not, simply the way our Justice system works

and he will be free to commit terror again maybe bring down an Airliner with one of your Loved ones on board!

Do you even realize what you are saying??? the scumbag should be shot and the Al Qaeda loving

family booted out!! Canada needs to weed out and keep out this islamic extremist garbage for good!!

not sure about you but i want my Canada to be safe!

If you want to stick strictly by our founding laws we should all be walking around with six shooters

for protection...our founding principles didn t count on Islamic Terrorist taking up shop in Canada!

they may have to be modified with the changing times!

Edited by wulf42

the need for justice out weighs all....innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, that is what freedom is all about...

Maybe if we had a strong justice system.....unfortunately

many of us know this dirtbag will be allowed to kill again when he is set free

he will get off on some stupid technocality or receive a sentence

that will be so rediculous it will be beyond belief..let the scum rot where he is!!

hopefully in the future Nato soldiers will deal with these problems right on the

battlefield...problem solved!

he is not a Canadian!! he is the enemy your silly liberal rambling,s of a "Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian"...is nonsense!

Actually, Omar Khadr is Canadian.

many of us know this dirtbag

Yes, many of us know dirtbags. I read some everyday in these forums.

Edited by Radsickle

Maybe if we had a strong justice system.....unfortunately

many of us know this dirtbag will be allowed to kill again when he is set free

he will get off on some stupid technocality or receive a sentence

that will be so rediculous it will be beyond belief..let the scum rot where he is!!

hopefully in the future Nato soldiers will deal with these problems right on the

battlefield...problem solved!

our justice system has wrongfully convicted many many innocent Canadians in recent years...and you advocate improving it by eliminating it altogether and just executing all those you only suspect of wrong doing???

Soldiers executing problems on the battlefield?... ahh nice you would have them behave like the Nazi SS in WW2...that's why the Para Regiment was disbanded...

our justice system has wrongfully convicted many many innocent Canadians in recent years...and you advocate improving it by eliminating it altogether and just executing all those you only suspect of wrong doing???

Soldiers executing problems on the battlefield?... ahh nice you would have them behave like the Nazi SS in WW2...that's why the Para Regiment was disbanded...

Executing Taliban or Al Qaeda is not behaving like Nazi's go back and read your history!!

doing away with these vermin on the battlefield is a public service to humanity!

Executing Taliban or Al Qaeda is not behaving like Nazi's go back and read your history!!

doing away with these vermin on the battlefield is a public service to humanity!

history is something few know better than me unless you're a historian...and executing resistance fighters without trial is exactly what NAZI's did...in WW2 as it now executing prisoners was not acceptable those that did so risked facing a similar fate...even genocidal Nazi's got fair trials...

history is something few know better than me unless you're a historian...and executing resistance fighters without trial is exactly what NAZI's did...in WW2 as it now executing prisoners was not acceptable those that did so risked facing a similar fate...even genocidal Nazi's got fair trials...

Someone never saw 'Band of Brothers'...lol.

Rabid Canadian Dogs suggest we should've executed Omar Khadr on the battlefield instead of trying to help him.

Those dogs want Harper to win.

If that's aimed at me I'd suggest you read Greg's warning re: personal insults.

In 'Band of Brothers', Lt Ronald Speirs's execution of German POWs is one of the most memorable scenes...and one that comes back to haunt several members of Easy Company.

If that's aimed at me I'd suggest you read Greg's warning re: personal insults.

In 'Band of Brothers', Lt Ronald Speirs's execution of German POWs is one of the most memorable scenes...and one that comes back to haunt several members of Easy Company.

No Sir. I wasn't aiming at you. You were one of the first to accept me in this new forum. You are a kind dog that, while barking from a porch, remains friendly to most.

Sorry if I offended. I was targeting those who assume Omar Khadr's guilt without thought. To me, they're no better than dogs.

Rabid Canadian Dogs suggest we should've executed Omar Khadr on the battlefield instead of trying to help him.

Those dogs want Harper to win.

Well you believe whatever you want to,

however i can tell you for a fact Most soldiers i have talked to do

not believe we should be helping a known terrorist who has killed

one of our Allies do anything!! Even though there is a lot of Anti USA

Rally calls in Canada and I believe the Liberals are using Omar as part of that,

A member of our Armed Forces pointed out to me recently most Canadians

don t understand because they haven t worn the uniform or have been to

Afghanistan to see Taliban handiwork ..and although i myself have not been to

Afghanistan i have been to the Balkans in the 90's and their were horrors there too!!

Bottomline is if we stand any chance to beat Islamic extremist's drastic measures will

need to be taken, Al Qaeda fights out of uniform and targets non combatant's during battle

and makes no effort to protect civilians so under the Geneva Convention this means they

may be shot by firing squad! nothing Rabid about that! Al Qaeda /Taliban are not classified

as soldiers they are classified as terrorist's and have NO RIGHTS under the Geneva

Convention! Same as we executed Nazi ss troops when we captured them!! You need to

realize Taliban are vicious terrorists who enjoy killing their captives and innocent people to

further their fanatical gains! why in the world would you or anyone want to help them??

btw-apparently according to the Polls i am not the only one who wants Harper to win!!

he is gaining ground everyday!!

http://celebrifi.com/gossip/Canadian-Conse...oll-743375.html

Edited by wulf42