Muslim Honor Killing in Kingston

Guest TrueMetis
Woman...in my view...are the equals of men. I don't support religions or institutuions that suggest otherwise. Islam is certainly one of those. You may view women as second class citizens, but that doesn't mean everyone does...nor does it mean they are going to shut-up and allow you to discriminate against them just because you think it's "multicultural" to do so.

There is nothing disriminating about it. Something as small as seperating men and women doesn't make a person sexist. There are plenty of Islamic women who don't care or prefer to to be seperated from men at certain times.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing disriminating about it. Something as small as seperating men and women doesn't make a person sexist. There are plenty of Islamic women who don't care or prefer to to be seperated from men at certain times.

There most certainly is discrimination in Islam. Nice that you feel qualified to speak for the women. Maybe strike them hard...that'll keep them in their place and they'll never mention this "rights" stuff again.

Guest TrueMetis
There most certainly is discrimination in Islam. Nice that you feel qualified to speak for the women. Maybe strike them hard...that'll keep them in their place and they'll never mention this "rights" stuff again.

What I ment is just because there seperated in one place, in this case at a mosque, doesn't mean its discrimination. As for speaking for women this comes from a women in Saudi Arabia, an english women at that, they segregate their restraunts the women and couples on one side the single males on the other the rational being that single males are more violent than women and men in relationships. She thought it was a good idea.

What I ment is just because there seperated in one place, in this case at a mosque, doesn't mean its discrimination. As for speaking for women this comes from a women in Saudi Arabia, an english women at that, they segregate their restraunts the women and couples on one side the single males on the other the rational being that single males are more violent than women and men in relationships. She thought it was a good idea.

So discrimination is a good thing because men can't control themselves. Who knew Islam was so progressive?

In reality, Islam is a creepy religion with values that are counter to Western Civilization. We didn't spend the last 1200 years trying to keep it out for nothing...oh wait...we just let it in.

Guest TrueMetis
So discrimination is a good thing because men can't control themselves. Who knew Islam was so progressive?

In reality, Islam is a creepy religion with values that are counter to Western Civilization. We didn't spend the last 1200 years trying to keep it out for nothing...oh wait...we just let it in.

I don't recall ever saying discimination is a good thing I did say some times seperating people doesn't matter. If I had my way there would be no religion what so ever and people would use logic to decide things, but thats not likley to happen any time in the future.

Most religions counter my values, and how have we been trying to keep islam out for 1200 years? Canada hasn't been a country that long, no one even new that it exsisted back then.

Edited by TrueMetis

I don't recall ever saying discimination is a good thing I did say some times seperating people doesn't matter. If I had my way there would be no religion what so ever and people would use logic to decide things, but thats not likley to happen any time in the future.

Most religions counter my values, and how have we been trying to keep islam out for 1200 years? Canada hasn't been a country that long, no one even new that it exsisted back then.

So a little segragation is OK as long as it is in the name of religion.

:rolleyes:

How would you feel if it was blacks who were segragated for this reason?

Your semantics won't work re: the spread of Islam. It came at the point of a sword up until this generation. In some cases...it still comes with a sword in hand. You assume Islam has turned a new leaf?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Guest TrueMetis
So a little segragation is OK as long as it is in the name of religion.

:rolleyes:

How would you feel if it was blacks who were segragated for this reason?

Your semantics won't work re: the spread of Islam. It came at the point of a sword up until this generation. In some cases...it still comes with a sword in hand. You assume Islam has turned a new leaf?

Seperate change rooms are religous?

And your really gonna judge all of Islam on what some fanatics did?

Read the Qur’an it is against violence alot more then the bible or the torah

And once again I would prefer there be NO religon what so ever.

Seperate change rooms are religous?

And your really gonna judge all of Islam on what some fanatics did?

Read the Qur’an it is against violence alot more then the bible or the torah

And once again I would prefer there be NO religon what so ever.

You can take your violent Koran and put it somewhere. See if you can guess where?

The Catholic church does't allow women to be priests, and priests can't marry. Enter altar boys. This is wrong.

I agree. But that would be Western Civilization's problem. Multiculturalism would be fine if it was a two-way street. But it isn't. Therefore, I view it as no more than another version of iconoclasm.

I don't really care why they killed these women (and girls). I care that they find an excuse, any excuse, to kill them. Again, this is nothing new. Men have been killing their wives and daughters forever. Is "honour" any worse than anger or jealousy or drunken rage?
I think Lily has hit the key point in this thread.

Is this incident another terrible case of domestic violence or is it somehow different?

When domestic violence leads to murder, the perpetrator is usually filled with such remorse, they commit suicide. In this case, it appears the accused were planning to leave the country. In addition, it is rare to non-existent for both parents to kill their adolescent children.

So, I'm inclined to think that this case differs from the kind of domestic violence we see all too often in Canada.

We need more facts about what happened. I note that the three accused have different lawyers but only the father's lawyer is Farsi speaking and willingly spoke to the press. The father is a reasonably successful businessman in Montreal.

Guest TrueMetis
No converts today. Try the street corner.

One more time I'd prefer if there were no religons at all but you should try learning something about a topic before you try to debate it.

Eh, Mr. Halton Hills....

screw you. And screw your agenda. This is an oddball, unique story. Your attempt to use it for xenophobic, racist purposes has failed.

this response is an example of why this country is in so much trouble the head in the sand or passive Canadian response

is destroying this country!!!

I agree. But that would be Western Civilization's problem.

And it still exists...just as much as the equality in Islam. There are many Christian religions that contain inequality as part of their teachings.

I love it how most people choose to derail the topic with spam and ignore the facts. These people committed an honor killing in the name of Islam. Is that too hard for you to admit?

Nice try. Nobody here is trying to ignore that there are "honour" killings in Canada, or that those in recent years have been committed by Muslims. YOUR problem is, the majority of people here will not blow the problem out of proportion to feed their hatred of Muslims, like you do.

BTW, you know of course that 15 non-Muslim women have been murdered by their husband/partner/father in Canada between January and June of this year. If your concern was about the safety of women, you'd address that too. You have never addressed it, you do not address it, and you won't address it.

Mr. Canada

I love it how most people choose to derail the topic with spam and ignore the facts. These people committed an honor killing in the name of Islam. Is that too hard for you to admit?

I didn't make this post so pseudo intellectuals could pat their egos. I made it to draw attention to the ever growing number of Radical Islamists who choose to murder women for outlandish reasons. These people left a country that was garbage for a better life in Canada. I wish they'd leave their baggage in their old country and behave like Canadians do.

Yes it's unpopular to say that any of your darling Immigrants could hurt a fly nor do any wrong what so ever as it's always the white Canadians fault for everything but I like to call it like I see it.

Haven't you heard the saying " When in Rome..."?

CANADIEN has hit it spot on.

You don't gravitate to these cases because you're constantly monitoring the well-being of women across Canada, you come to them because you have an innate suspicion of Muslims in this regards.

Again I ask: Who is denying ? Who is making excuses ?

You didn't make this post so people could pat their egos, fine. So effectively your post is a wail of grief for victims. I understand that you need to do that, and I even respect your outrage and your expectation that this country should have done better for them.

However, a post like yours can't lead to any type of policy discussion, and as I have seen over the years it only leads to discussion about the discussion, and the [sic] discussers.

Take your head outta your... monitor. How do you know about that "man in Toronto"? Because he was caught. He was caught and will be punished according to Canadian Law. Canada should never limit her exposure to ANY country (aside from Mexico). Her welcoming arms bring PEACE nine times outta ten.

gag.

Here's the thing. You can hold a nice, fancy party with silk tableclothes and everyone wearing tuxedos and gowns and sipping the finest champaign from crystal glasses. But if you invite a bunch of grass-skirt wearing savages you're going to have to risk having them occasionally take a dump on the marble floor and wipe their asses with your silk tableclothes.

Now why you insist on bringing grass-skirt wearing savages into the party is beyond me.

Are immigrants more likely to commit crime ? Does anybody have any statistics on that ?

Ah, there's the rub. The Left has adamantly refused to allow crime statistics based on race to be collected.

We keep tabs on "immigrant" crime only as long as the immigrants are immigrants, that is, for the three years it generally takes before they magically transform, as these people did, into Canadians.

However, my perception is that most violent crimes in Canada are commited by immigrants. That perception arises from discussions with others in the community, and from the steady stream of arabic and east indian names and faces on TV and in the papers whenever murder, armed robbery, pimping, drug dealing and sexual assaults are reported.

There is no proof, of course, because unlike in the US and other countries, we keep no official statistics. Occasionally, things get out, as in the Citizen almost inadvertently reporting that more than half the juveniles in custody in Ottawa are Somalians, or Macleans mentioning, almost in passing, that almost all street gang violence in Toronto is commited by Jamaicans, or the Gazette incidentally mentioning the prevelence of Iranians in the drug trade. But no, there is no proof.

Why does the Left insist on no statistics? Because it says such information could be used by racists to support their anti-minority speech. How could such statistics be used by racists for that purpuse unless, of course, those statistics show the prevelance of minorities (read immigrants) in violent crime? Clearly even the Left feels that is likely the case.

It's not so much making excuses, as it is pointing out how ridiculous it is to take a single crime and blow it out of proportion. There's no evidence I have seen that immigrants in general, or any religion in particular are the source of violence or crime in Canada.

It's always logically amusing when the Left adamantly refuses to allow statistics on crime to be collected, then sneers at people for making logical inferences without official statistics to back them up.