Muslim Honor Killing in Kingston

Guest TrueMetis

Unless we give everyone a psych evaluation before we let them into Canada we aren't gonna keep out the guy who think it's okay to kill because someone "shamed" him. The source in the OP says that there have been maybe 12 honour killings in Canada so I say we've done pretty well on immigration so far. There are to many deranged killers born in Canada to worry that a guy from a muslim country might think honour killing are acceptable.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonham,

Yes, our government decides who comes to Canada.

So... what would we do ask them to swear that they believe in the Canadian constitution... so help them God ?

That actually doesn't sound so bad to me, but you're not going to keep out lying fanatical zealots...

There are means to determine how honest someone is when making a statement. There is also the possibility of carrying out various levels of background investigations on individuals that are potential immigrants to this country. Perhaps serious interviews should be conducted.

I don't know if you're aware of the forum rules, so I'll copy and paste it here to save you any problems later:

Suppose he'd posted a pithy comment like "The religion of peace! :lol: " after the link to the article?

There's a number of posters here who start threads with nothing more than a link and a minimal synopsis, and I have yet to see anybody go to the mods about it. Why in this case?

Is it really that you're upset by this breach of the forum rules, or is it more because you don't like the content of the article?

-k

Guest TrueMetis
What stops us from giving everyone a "psych evaluation"?

Cost I suppose. I'm not willing to pay for Pysch evaluations to catch the one guy in a ten thousand that might think honour killings are okay.

I love it how most people choose to derail the topic with spam and ignore the facts. These people committed an honor killing in the name of Islam. Is that too hard for you to admit?

I didn't make this post so pseudo intellectuals could pat their egos. I made it to draw attention to the ever growing number of Radical Islamists who choose to murder women for outlandish reasons. These people left a country that was garbage for a better life in Canada. I wish they'd leave their baggage in their old country and behave like Canadians do.

Yes it's unpopular to say that any of your darling Immigrants could hurt a fly nor do any wrong what so ever as it's always the white Canadians fault for everything but I like to call it like I see it.

Haven't you heard the saying " When in Rome..."?

Cost I suppose. I'm not willing to pay for Pysch evaluations to catch the one guy in a ten thousand that might think honour killings are okay.

Considering that we are letting these people into our country, and that they will eventually become citizens, and that their progeny will have the right to Canadian citizenship in perpetuity, I think the minimal costs incurred to give people a psych evaluation, or any other kind of evaluation, would be well worth it. Evaluations of various types could be used not just to weed out those who would carry out "honour killings", but it could also carry out those who would carry out many other types of crimes, or those that have no intention to work but intend rather to get welfare, or those whose sympathies lie with terrorist organizations.

Corporations often spend thousands (of dollars) in time and resources to select individuals they deem fit for work there. And yet their risks are much lower than the risk a nation takes when it accepts an immigrant. A company can fire someone that turns out unsuitable, but what can a country do once someone has been granted citizenship? The costs of deporting or incarcerating one individual are probably more than what it would cost to evaluate ten thousand in advance.

What you have drawn attention to is a story about a quadruple homicide. It's a terrible incident, and hopefully those responsible will be brought to justice, but it really shouldn't be used as a stage from which you can promote your bigoted views.

I think the minimal costs incurred to give people a psych evaluation, or any other kind of evaluation,

Again, it sounds like you're suggesting that we don't do any type of screening and evaluation. I know that the opposite is true based on the experience of a classmate.

What you have drawn attention to is a story about a quadruple homicide. It's a terrible incident, and hopefully those responsible will be brought to justice, but it really shouldn't be used as a stage from which you can promote your bigoted views.

The problem is it wasn't just a quadruple homicide Smallc. It was an honor killing carried out by family members who follow radical Islamic tenants. Why is that so wrong to say?

Guest TrueMetis
Considering that we are letting these people into our country, and that they will eventually become citizens, and that their progeny will have the right to Canadian citizenship in perpetuity, I think the minimal costs incurred to give people a psych evaluation, or any other kind of evaluation, would be well worth it. Evaluations of various types could be used not just to weed out those who would carry out "honour killings", but it could also carry out those who would carry out many other types of crimes, or those that have no intention to work but intend rather to get welfare, or those whose sympathies lie with terrorist organizations.

Corporations often spend thousands (of dollars) in time and resources to select individuals they deem fit for work there. And yet their risks are much lower than the risk a nation takes when it accepts an immigrant. A company can fire someone that turns out unsuitable, but what can a country do once someone has been granted citizenship? The costs of deporting or incarcerating one individual are probably more than what it would cost to evaluate ten thousand in advance.

Well if it doesn't cost that much then sure. Then does that mean we also give pysch evaluations to everyone else to get rid of all of the other fundementalist and radicals? (serious question)

We don't yet know what this case is. In truth, we don't fully know if it's even a murder (though there is obviously convince evidence). All murders are terrible things. Attaching the label honour killing isn't going to change the terrible nature of the crime.

We don't yet know what this case is. In truth, we don't fully know if it's even a murder (though there is obviously convince evidence). All murders are terrible things. Attaching the label honour killing isn't going to change the terrible nature of the crime.

Nothing can bring back the lives of those murdered but it does help us to understand the motive behind the killings. In learning this motive we can help protect the rest of Canadian society from these evils in the future.

It's interesting that you want to write off this event as "just" a quadruple homicide and not draw any conclusions out of it. We have a certain other thread here about another crime, which involved members of the white community. That certainly seems to have drawn a lot of conclusions, such as the fact that it is a "hate crime" and thus much worse than an equivalent crime without the same motive, and that racism and "white supremacism" are still alive and well. Heck we even have certain individuals there suggesting that anyone who shares a certain view should be sent to the "ice floes", whatever that means. Why can such extrapolations be made from that incident and not from this one?

I don't think I've made any extrapolations from that indecent. Anyway, the teaching of hate, just like murder, is a crime. Motive is important in deciding how the murder is prosecuted (it's probably the same for the prosecution of hate), but at this point, it probably isn't helpful to use it as an example of why all people who follow the Islamic religion are bad. Mr. Canada has an Agenda, and it isn't protecting women.

You'll also notice that I never used the word just. This is a very serious crime, and one that is getting the attention that it's due.

I don't think I've made any extrapolations from that indecent.

And yet you have not opposed those who have, as you are doing here.

Anyway, the teaching of hate, just like murder, is a crime.

Well, perhaps the teaching of ideas that would lead one to think themselves justified in killing one's female family members should also be a crime, just like teaching hate?

I love it how most people choose to derail the topic with spam and ignore the facts. These people committed an honor killing in the name of Islam. Is that too hard for you to admit?

I didn't make this post so pseudo intellectuals could pat their egos. I made it to draw attention to the ever growing number of Radical Islamists who choose to murder women for outlandish reasons. These people left a country that was garbage for a better life in Canada. I wish they'd leave their baggage in their old country and behave like Canadians do.

Yes it's unpopular to say that any of your darling Immigrants could hurt a fly nor do any wrong what so ever as it's always the white Canadians fault for everything but I like to call it like I see it.

Haven't you heard the saying " When in Rome..."?

I don't really care why they killed these women (and girls). I care that they find an excuse, any excuse, to kill them. Again, this is nothing new. Men have been killing their wives and daughters forever. Is "honour" any worse than anger or jealousy or drunken rage?

And yet you have not opposed those who have, as you are doing here.

I found it more important to challenge those who found it an ample opportunity to promote the teaching of hate.

Well, perhaps the teaching of ideas that would lead one to think themselves justified in killing one's female family members should also be a crime, just like teaching hate?

It probably should be. Perhaps it is. I really don't know.

Islam isn't necessary the defining factor though in this. Many religions teach things that are serious and criminal. What plays the biggest factor in this is individual and societal factors (of which religion is part). Freedom of religion is a good thing....within the rule of law.

I found it more important to challenge those who found it an ample opportunity to promote the teaching of hate.

It probably should be. Perhaps it is. I really don't know.

Islam isn't necessary the defining factor though in this. Many religions teach things that are serious and criminal. What plays the biggest factor in this is individual and societal factors (of which religion is part). Freedom of religion is a good thing....within the rule of law.

The new mosque in my city doesn't allow men and women to pray together.

I think this is wrong.

Guest TrueMetis
The new mosque in my city doesn't allow men and women to pray together.

I think this is wrong.

I think driving by a church everyday is wrong but there's nothing I can do about it nor is it my place to.

I guess we now know why the whole story seemed so funny, considering how improbably placed the car was in the locks. The whole story screamed " Something weird is going on here, " since it first broke weeks ago. Both my parents were like, " How the hell could anyone drive a car into there by accident? " We are from this area of course...

While I am not of the " Harsher sentences are the solution to everthing! " crowd, I could perhaps get on board with laws that made it a more serious crime to murder your own family members. At least your own dependants.

So then are you against seperate men and womens change rooms ;)

Woman...in my view...are the equals of men. I don't support religions or institutuions that suggest otherwise. Islam is certainly one of those. You may view women as second class citizens, but that doesn't mean everyone does...nor does it mean they are going to shut-up and allow you to discriminate against them just because you think it's "multicultural" to do so.