Why do American Christians approve of torture?

dub

What rights are those, again?

both of you seem to have the attention span of fish.

we went over this already:

Law of Return: The Law of Return (Hebrew: חוק השבות, ḥok ha-shvūt) is Israeli legislation, enacted in 1950, that gives Jews, those of Jewish ancestry, and their spouses the right to migrate to and settle in Israel and gain citizenship.

this law also extends to those who convert to the religion of judaism.

do you disagree with this fact?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to my partial German heritage, I have a 'right of return' to Germany even though I've never set foot there.

Does that upset you?

it doesn't.

does it upset you and your logic that a jewish convert can receive special israeli citizenship privileges because they have decided to follow the jewish religion?

Edited by dub

it doesn't.

does it upset you and your logic that a jewish convert can receive special israeli citizenship privileges because they have decided to follow the jewish religion?

What are those speacial citizenship priviledges? Better seating at the independance day parade?

What are those speacial citizenship priviledges?

oh? okay. one more time:

The law gives the right of return to those born Jews (having a Jewish mother or grandmother), those with Jewish ancestry (having a Jewish father or grandfather) and converts to Judaism

do you disagree that such a law exists?

oh? okay. one more time:

The law gives the right of return to those born Jews (having a Jewish mother or grandmother), those with Jewish ancestry (having a Jewish father or grandfather) and converts to Judaism

do you disagree that such a law exists?

You mean like the law that allows those who have japanese great grand parents become japanese citizens?

What special rights do those who become citizens get?

You mean like the law that allows those who have japanese great grand parents become japanese citizens?

What special rights do those who become citizens get?

you can't 'convert' to japanese by doing a religious ceremony.

you can convert to judaism by doing a religious ceremony and receive the special rights.

do you disagree?

you can't 'convert' to japanese by doing a religious ceremony.

you can convert to judaism by doing a religious ceremony and receive the special rights.

do you disagree?

I agree the Japanese are much more intolerance in this regard while the Israelis are more liberal.

I agree the Japanese are much more intolerance in this regard while the Israelis are more liberal.

what does that even mean? you're trying to weasel your way out again. the point still stands:

israel gives special rights to those who are jewish, which includes those who convert to the religion of judaism.

it's difficult to counter facts, isn't it?

what does that even mean? you're trying to weasel your way out again. the point still stands:

israel gives special rights to those who are jewish, which includes those who convert to the religion of judaism.

it's difficult to counter facts, isn't it?

What exactly are those special rights? 25% off falafels on fridays?

automatic citizenship is the main one.

is there a disagreement to this special right?

Israel has citizenship eligibility for the spouses and children of those of Jewish decent who may or may not be Jewish, as well. This would include Arab Muslims. Once Isreali citizens, even a former PLO member marrried to a Jewish Israeli citizen would be covered under Israeli law (I'm not a lawyer)...though there are clauses re: murderers and other threats to society (no to Jewish Mafia members and known terrorists, for example...but open arms for your Oskar Schindlers).

Seems like a reasonable and inclusive law for a 'religious' state. Try that in Saudi Arabia...or Gaza.

But, I suppose you'll have your undies in a knot because two or two million Muslim from Gaza couldn't just up and move on in and call the place home w/o some special circumstances made aware to the Israeli government. Correct?

I think so.

No...I don't think Israel is that stupid. Canada, maybe.

Israel has citizenship eligibility for the spouses and children of those of Jewish decent who may or may not be Jewish, as well. This would include Arab Muslims. Once Isreali citizens, even a former PLO member marrried to a Jewish Israeli citizen would be covered under Israeli law (I'm not a lawyer)...though there are clauses re: murderers and other threats to society (no to Jewish Mafia members and known terrorists, for example...but open arms for your Oskar Schindlers).

Seems like a reasonable and inclusive law for a 'religious' state. Try that in Saudi Arabia...or Gaza.

But, I suppose you'll have your undies in a knot because two or two million Muslim from Gaza couldn't just up and move on in and call the place home w/o some special circumstances made aware to the Israeli government. Correct?

I think so.

No...I don't think Israel is that stupid. Canada, maybe.

you're babbling and trying to compare again.

i'm not trying to compare.

my point has been that israel gives special treatment to those who follow a certain religion. if you are a christian or a muslim or anything but jewish, you do not receive this special privilege. (unless you're married to a jew)

this point also goes back to my comment about the silliness for someone (DoP) who calls himself an existential atheist to support a state that gives special privileges to those who follow a certain religion.

you're babbling and trying to compare again.

i'm not trying to compare.

my point has been that israel gives special treatment to those who follow a certain religion. if you are a christian or a muslim or anything but jewish, you do not receive this special privilege. (unless you're married to a jew)

this point also goes back to my comment about the silliness for someone (DoP) who calls himself an existential atheist to support a state that gives special privileges to those who follow a certain religion.

I'm one of the few that will 'babble' with you here. Perhaps a membership over at Rabble will provide you with more opinions just like your own. You can all nod and agree re: dirty Zionists.

Some call it "enhanced interrogation" and some call it torture.Compared to the Middle East methods,perhaps it should be called "torture lite".The Americans are fighting an enemy that does not play by the rules so they have taken off the gloves.Unfortunate but neccesary.I for one will not shed any tears for the Islamist fanatics who oppose our way of life,however flawed it may be.

I'm one of the few that will 'babble' with you here. Perhaps a membership over at Rabble will provide you with more opinions just like your own. You can all nod and agree re: dirty Zionists.

ah yeah. okay.

does this mean that you accept:

the silliness for someone (DoP) who calls himself an existential atheist to support a state that gives special privileges to those who follow a certain religion.

automatic citizenship is the main one.

is there a disagreement to this special right?

You mean just like the UK, Italy, Germany and Japan to name but a few. Why are the Jews so special to you that they can't have the same laws as the rest?

Indeed, why are the Jews so special you feel it important to hijack a thread with your monomanical obsession?

You mean just like the UK, Italy, Germany and Japan to name but a few. Why are the Jews so special to you that they can't have the same laws as the rest?

no dancer. either you are dense and you don't get something so simple or you're pretending not to get it. which is it?

for the 5th time; there is a difference between someone's nationality and their religious background.

if you're not jewish, but convert to judaism, you will receive special treatment by israel because your religion is judaism. if your religious background is not jewish, then you will not receive this special treatment.

if you're not jewish, but convert to judaism, you will receive special treatment by israel because your religion is judaism. if your religious background is not jewish, then you will not receive this special treatment.

Really? So it's easier to become an Israeli citizen than to become Japanese citizen? And what's your

problem again? Beside being a complete 24 jew hating blatherskite I mean....why no idiotic babbling against the japanese who won't even allow non japanese to immigrate and have made no consecions allowing people to become Japanese?

Get back to me when I give a crap about your raging mini hate-on.

Edited by M.Dancer

Really? So it's easier to become an Israeli citizen than to become Japanese citizen? And what's your

problem again? Beside being a complete 24 jew hating blatherskite I mean....why no idiotic babbling against the o won't even obviously racist Japanese...who won't even allow non japanese to immigrate and have made no consecions allowing people to become Japanese?

Get back to me when I give a crap about your raging mini hate-on.

speaking of raging hate-on, thanx for the drivel. is this what happens when you realize that you can't counter facts?

you asked a couple of pages ago, how israel gives special privilege to those who are jewish and i gave you an answer. then you, falsely, tried to equate the israeli citizenship law to that of other countries when they cannot be equated, since one has to do with nationality and the other about religion.

the point still stands; you receive special treatment by israel if you follow the jewish religion.

.....tried to equate the israeli citizenship law to that of other countries when they cannot be equated, since one has to do with nationality and the other about religion.

Thinking, either logically or not doesn't come easy for you does it. What is the nationality of a Japanese Canadian? You might want to rest a bit before you attempt an answer....

and the other about religion

Despite the fact that atheist jews etc ect....you still think it's about religion?

the point still stands; you receive special treatment by israel if you follow the jewish religion.

Please go into detail about how unspecial the israels jews and non jews are treated who don't follow the jewish religion.

:lol::lol:

Despite the fact that atheist jews etc ect....you still think it's about religion?

it is about religion since someone who converts to judaism is also covered by the "law of return".

i hope this simple fact doesn't trigger another meltdown.

it is about religion since someone who converts to judaism is also covered by the "law of return".

i hope this simple fact doesn't trigger another meltdown.

And someone who eats bacon cheeseburgers at the pub on friday night during yom kippor is also covered....

yet I eat sushi, loved the seven samuria, have a Japanese sister in law, yet she can become a japanese citizen (and she hated the seven samuria) and I can't.....

Do you see perhaps how absurd you argument is.....that Israel is a religious state because it allows athiest jews to become citizens...

Oy vey! What a meshugeneh!

ah yeah. okay.

does this mean that you accept:

I accept that you probably have a picture of Hitler somewhere on your wall.

the silliness for someone (DoP) who calls himself an existential atheist to support a state that gives special privileges to those who follow a certain religion.

Better an existentialist than being a Jew-baiter. Die Fahne hoch!! Es schau'n aufs Hakenkreuz voll Hoffnung schon Millionen!

speaking of raging hate-on, thanx for the drivel. is this what happens when you realize that you can't counter facts?

you asked a couple of pages ago, how israel gives special privilege to those who are jewish and i gave you an answer. then you, falsely, tried to equate the israeli citizenship law to that of other countries when they cannot be equated, since one has to do with nationality and the other about religion.

So, why would you bother starting a thread about that survey showing Christians approve torture, and turn it into another anti-Israel thread?

And you receive special treatment in Saudi Arabia if you're a Muslim. There are lots of Christian countries in the world, and Israel is surrounded by millions of Muslims, many of which live in Islamic theocracies, but for some reason it's a crime to have one small piece of the MiddleEast set aside as a state for Jews!