Obama To Control The Weather

He's already claimed to cure cancer during his Presidency, and recently, eliminate all nuclear weapons from the world. So where does the first messianic President go from there? Weather control! Maybe he really does think he's the Messiah. :lol:

AP Newsbreak: Obama looks at climate engineering

WASHINGTON (AP) - The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.

John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed. One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays.

Another geoengineering option he mentioned was the use of so-called artificial trees to suck carbon dioxide—the chief human-caused greenhouse gas—out of the air and store it.

AP

....Another geoengineering option he mentioned was the use of so-called artificial trees to suck carbon dioxide—the chief human-caused greenhouse gas—out of the air and store it.[/i]

Hmmmmm...that would be carbon sequestration....apparently not a miracle when it happened for the Bush administration for North Dakota and oil extraction in Canada.

Another geoengineering option he mentioned was the use of so-called artificial trees to suck carbon dioxide—the chief human-caused greenhouse gas—out of the air and store it.
You mean he is promoting a concept first promoted by Freeman Dyson? The scientist that alarmists hate because he is obama loving, peacenik with inpecceable scientific credentials that also thinks AGW is bunk? Edited by Riverwind

Hmmmmm...that would be carbon sequestration....apparently not a miracle when it happened for the Bush administration for North Dakota and oil extraction in Canada.

As with Canada and the tar sands, so with Obama and the US coal industry. He has to find ways of putting lipstick on that pig (to coin a phrase.) "Carbon sequestration", and "clean coal" and other so-far fictional technologies will be touted as justifications for pretending that elephant isn't in the room when he goes about talking about the evils of the tar sands, and demanding others reduce their emissions.

As for going out and deliberately firing crap into the atmosphere to reduce the amount of sunlight hitting the earth, I hope to god they're joking.

History is littered with bad ideas that seemed like great ideas at the time.

-k

He's already claimed to cure cancer during his Presidency, and recently, eliminate all nuclear weapons from the world. So where does the first messianic President go from there? Weather control! Maybe he really does think he's the Messiah. :lol:

Really? He claimed to have eliminated all nuclear weapons and to have cured cancer? I thought he just said he would try to do those things. Please provide your source that shows he made these claims.

Oh wait. I forgot. You never respond when you've been proven wrong.

Never mind. :lol:

Why are we surprised by this idiocy?

Isn't this the same guy who gave a speech that said

"we are what we've been waiting for!......let this be the moment when the oceans started to recede...."

I mean, come ON. Before he ever got elected he was planning to push back the seas like moses, why shouldn't he set his sights a little higher once he's in office? I mean, he's only human, right?

hahahahahahaha.

Obama has in about 2 months spent 4 times as much money as Bush did over 6 years on the Iraq war.

Wow.

Really? He claimed to have eliminated all nuclear weapons and to have cured cancer? I thought he just said he would try to do those things. Please provide your source that shows he made these claims.

Shady, I'm still waiting for you to provide your source. It couldn't be that you are lying again, could it?

In the future, if you can't back up something you say, don't say it, because it's meaningless otherwise, as are most of your posts.

Just for the record, it's been seven days, and still nothing.

Edited by BubberMiley

No, not to have eliminated, but eliminate. And not to have cured, but to cure. Nice try though.

Then where did he say he "cure" cancer during his presidency? Please provide a source, or admit you are, once again, fabricating stories because of your Obama Derangement Syndrome. :lol:

Oh, I think I get it. Your preoccupation with incorrect verb tense must mean that by saying “Obama claims to cure cancer”, you actually mean “Obama claims he will devote resources towards curing cancer.” So you are either incapable of writing a clear, coherent sentence in the English language, or you are deliberately trying to obscure the truth through bad grammar. Because the former, incorrect phrasing you used makes it sound like Obama is insane simply for joining in the fight against cancer, which, even by your standards of shoddy sourcing and outright lies, is really terribly misleading.

Good thing there’s a real “truth detector” on this board that still works. Now tell me again how you “voted” for McCain.

Oh, I think I get it. Your preoccupation with incorrect verb tense must mean that by saying “Obama claims to cure cancer”, you actually mean “Obama claims he will devote resources towards curing cancer.” So you are either incapable of writing a clear, coherent sentence in the English language, or you are deliberately trying to obscure the truth through bad grammar. Because the former, incorrect phrasing you used makes it sound like Obama is insane simply for joining in the fight against cancer, which, even by your standards of shoddy sourcing and outright lies, is really terribly misleading.

Good thing there’s a real “truth detector” on this board that still works. Now tell me again how you “voted” for McCain.

It's all part of his Messianic language. Like say...

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." (the moment being his election)

It's all part of his Messianic language. Like say...

What is all part of his Messianic language? Your inability to conjugate verbs? :lol:

Once again--without resorting to oversize fonts and fancy colours--PROVIDE A SOURCE that indicates what exactly you are talking about.

But don't worry. I'm not so consumed by any derangement syndrome to start a thread about how you are lying here, and how you are totally impotent when asked to provide a shred of evidence to back up your claim

What is all part of his Messianic language? Your inability to conjugate verbs? :lol:

Once again--without resorting to oversize fonts and fancy colours--PROVIDE A SOURCE that indicates what exactly you are talking about.

But don't worry. I'm not so consumed by any derangement syndrome to start a thread about how you are lying here, and how you are totally impotent when asked to provide a shred of evidence to back up your claim

Yep, precisely what I thought you were referring to. I can see why you were so unwilling to reference it, because all he said was we will "seek a cure for cancer in our time." That's it. What megalomania! He did not in any way "claim to cure cancer" as you said, and it just shows the extent you will go to try to make something, anything stick. You will lie, and when you are caught in a lie, you try to distract people by calling others liars.

Way to go. :lol:

Yep, precisely what I thought you were referring to. I can see why you were so unwilling to reference it, because all he said was we will "seek a cure for cancer in our time." That's it. What megalomania! He did not in any way "claim to cure cancer" as you said, and it just shows the extent you will go to try to make something, anything stick. You will lie, and when you are caught in a lie, you try to distract people by calling others liars. Way to go. :lol:

Nice try. What he said was, "we will cure cancer in our time." And who is we? His administration. It's the same type of tact used by John Kerry and John Edwards during the '04 Presidential campaign.

This is John Edwards on Monday at a rally in Newton, Iowa: "If we do the work that we can do in this country, the work that we will do when John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk, get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."

Washington Post