Obama's Bow to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia

What the Queen does is not the issue. She is allowed to touch people. That does not then give them the right to put their arm around the queen. Bad form, but I'm not surprised since the Obamas have no experience in these, or many other matters.

Methinks the Queen is not allowed to "touch people" without their consent.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the punch line to Obama's bow? The official line is, it wasn't a bow at all. I am not making this up. All you liberals and Obamabots who have been vigorously defending his bow now get thrown under the bus.

Why would they deny something that is so obvious and has been captured on video? Simple, they stuck their fingers in the wind and realized that the bow was really hurting Obama, so deny, deny deny followed by spin, spin, spin.

After the face slap to millions of Christians who live in the US(Obama has now declared that 'we' are not a Christian nation), no doubt his handlers are begging him to run stuff by them once in a while. Not that the messiah will do it, of course. What we are seeing is a one termer in action.

Edited by sharkman

Why is this even news??

Some of you are bitching that protocal was followed by the Obama's and it was the Queen who made the first move. This is funny because most people don't care about the queen or protocol when it comes to the British Royalty.

Some of you are bitching about not following protocol.

Does the Queen still have that much relevance in the US that this is a big deal?? I just don't get it.

Why is this even news??

Because the White House is making it news.

White House: No bow to Saudi

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Politico

Shady.... your Doctor may be able to prescribe something to help that ODS... get help, please.

Let's see. The mainstream media reports on it. The Whitehouse releases a statement on it. But I shouldn't talk about it? :blink:

Whatever you say Obamabot. :rolleyes:

Let's see. The mainstream media reports on it. The Whitehouse releases a statement on it. But I shouldn't talk about it? :blink:

Whatever you say Obamabot. :rolleyes:

Obamabot??? Thats hilarious... Perhaps if you weren't so obsessed with all things Obama I would accuse you of being deranged. Whatever.

Edited by Shakeyhands

Obamabot??? Thats hilarious... Perhaps if you weren't so obsessed with all things Obama I would accuse you of being deranged. Whatever.

Like I said. The mainstream media reports on it. The Whitehouse issues a statement on it. But I'm not suppose to talk about it. :lol:

All of whom are responding to who? Who exactly is making it a big deal? Why is it a big deal? You've seen a response from the WH... why keep harping on it? Oh... thats right... ODS.

Let's see. The Whitehouse, Fox, MSNBC, CNN, even Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. But I'm harping on it? Whatever you say Obamabot.

Here's the video

I wonder whether Obama bowed to Queen Elizabeth.

Chicago Sun-Times

So here we are. Back into a medieval world determining how deep the bow was as a measure of politeness or deference.

Colbert said it best last night...paraphrasing of course: you're not supposed to bow to the king of Saudi Arabia, you're supposed to hold hands with him, kiss him on the cheek and configure your defense policy to protect his oil wells.

I finally looked at the video. It certainly looks like a bow but I have a different take.

I deal alot with Japanese and bowing is a habit and I do it at odd times (e.g. while talking on the phone). For Obama the lawyer/citizen a bow would not be unreasonable and was probably unconscious. What this means is Obama is clearly inexperienced and has not internalized the fact that he represents the United States and actions that were reasonable as a individual are no longer reasonable.

I don't think it is the end of the world but it does Obama does deserve to be criticized for this.

Edited by Riverwind

• 9 months later...

I saw the Queen of Jordan interviewed today ...God is she hot! Now this is a classic fairtail royal - brilliant and beautiful - as for Obama and his old lady dealing with the Queen of England - You do not maul the old Queen - and you don't touch her let alone embrace her - but just like Bush and Obama - they have no class - and seek class - every American head of state wanted Royal exceptance because they are high level social climbing goofs who seek to be special. I am sure the Queen took a bath after being felt up by Obama's crude wife who recently congratulated Ellen Degenerate..the lesbian troll..with the dyed blonde hair combed down to hide her demonic dog ears... what the hell is the presidents wife making a public spectacle of herself appearing on this talk show congratulating this man hating lesbian celeb - talk about trying to get liberal approval by the most base and pandering means!

I doubt it, but don't despair -- maybe you could get a back rub from GW. ;)

Seriously, I thought that was an endearing moment for Bush. In my view, that awkward exchange made Merkel (sp?) look too uptight. Just because you're a world leader doesn't mean you can't lighten up for a moment with other world leaders.

Guest American Woman

Seriously, I thought that was an endearing moment for Bush. In my view, that awkward exchange made Merkel (sp?) look too uptight. Just because you're a world leader doesn't mean you can't lighten up for a moment with other world leaders.

And in my view, it made it look as if Merkel didn't want Bush coming up behind her and laying his hands on her. Just because you're a world leader doesn't mean you have to put up with other world leader's unwelcome behavior. B)

And in my view, it made it look as if Merkel didn't want Bush coming up behind her and laying his hands on her. Just because you're a world leader doesn't mean you have to put up with other world leader's unwelcome behavior. B)

Maybe she should relax a little, is all I'm saying. :-) To me it came across as way too uptight. Obviously I'm unfamiliar with the details of Bush's and Merkel's personal relationship and can't completely judge what is or isn't appropriate.

Edited by Gabriel

Guest American Woman
Maybe she should relax a little, is all I'm saying. :-) To me it came across as way too uptight. Obviously I'm unfamiliar with the details of Bush's and Merkel's personal relationship.

Ummmm..... they don't have a "personal relationship." That's kinda the point.

Ummmm..... they don't have a "personal relationship." That's kinda the point.

That's kinda what I was alluding to. I guess you and I simply have a different take on this funny story. Mind you, it's not something I'd do in a professional environment with someone I didn't know well, but I find that level of comfort from Bush an endearing quality. To me, it reinforces a down-to-earth image. I'm guessing you view it as building a perceived lack of judgment/lack of tact in Bush :-)

That's kinda what I was alluding to. I guess you and I simply have a different take on this funny story. Mind you, it's not something I'd do in a professional environment with someone I didn't know well, but I find that level of comfort from Bush an endearing quality. To me, it reinforces a down-to-earth image. I'm guessing you view it as building a perceived lack of judgment/lack of tact in Bush :-)

If it's something you would not do yourself, why do you think it's ok when the President does it. Remember he (at the time) represents your whole ass grabbin country.