Homless Cons

http://www.homelesscons.com/

For conservatives in Canada, the United States and Britain who don't feel at home in "conservative" parties.

There is hope for some of the unhappy conservatives out there.

John Robson, formerly of the Reform party is trying to start up a new conservative party in Canada. What conservatives here are ready to drop Harper to join it?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Robson, formerly of the Reform party is trying to start up a new conservative party in Canada. What conservatives here are ready to drop Harper to join it?

Will you be joining?

I checked it out but found it not so easy to navigate. It seems more like a big blog page than anything.

Actually this is not anything new, though comments from many Conservatives reveal that they are not happy with the present Conservative Party in Canada, but feel they have no place else to go.

I'd give it a look see, so long as they were strong on the conservative principles that I adhered to, like fiscal responsibility, accountability, smaller gov't and an elected senate. However, if they were instead just strong social conservatives, I'd have to pass. I firmly believe in the separation of church and state.

I've bookmarked the site though and won't pass judgement until I read their platform or goals. Stephen Harper has been a huge disappointment.

Edited by Progressive Tory

What I did see was a bit too much emphasis on social conservatism.

IMO, government is $ manager first and foremost. Give me a prudent, conservative manager of tax $, and the ones who seek to micromanage my life, whether by way of Leftish collectivism, or Rightish regimentation, can go to the depths of Hell and enjoy the place.

Actually this is not anything new, though comments from many Conservatives reveal that they are not happy with the present Conservative Party in Canada, but feel they have no place else to go.

I'd give it a look see, so long as they were strong on the conservative principles that I adhered to, like fiscal responsibiluty, accountability, smaller gov't and an elected senate. However, if they were instead just strong social conservatives, I'd have to pass. I firmly believe in the separation of church and state.

I've bookmarked the site though and won't pass judgement until I read their platform or goals. Stephen Harper has been a huge disappointment.

Five posters is many conservatives?

I'd give it a look see, so long as they were strong on the conservative principles that I adhered to, like fiscal responsibiluty, accountability, smaller gov't and an elected senate. However, if they were instead just strong social conservatives, I'd have to pass. I firmly believe in the separation of church and state.

Interestingly enough i agree with everything you're saying here.

I'd give it a look see, so long as they were strong on the conservative principles that I adhered to,

You have not shown, thus far, in all your many postings on a myriad of subjects, that you have now or have ever had ANY conservative principles or beliefs.

Why do you continue with the pretence that you are anything but a profound Liberal hack?

Do you think you are fooling anybody with this nonsense?

Five posters is many conservatives?

I wasn't referring to the posters on the new attempt at reviving the Reform Party, just disillusionment in general. You can read it on blogs and comments at the end of on-line newspaper articles.

The demise of the Conservative movement of Canada has been a hot topic lately. This is just one:

The death of the Conservative agenda

There's a hilarious right-wing talking point making the rounds on talk radio to explain why the Conservatives brought in a great lumbering leviathan of a left-wing budget this week: The Liberals made them do it.

You can't blame the true believers for trying. After all, Jan. 27 marked the death of the Harper agenda and the end of a 21-year quest to bring genuine conservative policy to bear on this country.

I can find many more but I suspect you've already read them. I wasn't talking about the five posters.

You have not shown, thus far, in all your many postings on a myriad of subjects, that you have now or have ever had ANY conservative principles or beliefs.

You obviously haven't read many of my posts. I don't believe in the silly notion of a Christian Revolution as being 'conservative'. It's a 'revolution' against most of our established institutions. Anti-Tory by any definition.

I supported the PCs for most elections until they folded. The direction the Party has gone since, is a complete 180 of a fiscally conservative platform.

Gov't waste, appointed senators, 'bailouts'... to name just a few. We don't really have a conservative party in Canada anymore.

You obviously haven't read many of my posts. I don't believe in the silly notion of a Christian Revolution as being 'conservative'. It's a 'revolution' against most of our established institutions. Anti-Tory by any definition.

I supported the PCs for most elections until they folded. The direction the Party has gone since, is a complete 180 of a fiscally conservative platform.

Gov't waste, appointed senators, 'bailouts'... to name just a few. We don't really have a conservative party in Canada anymore.

You left long before that, that is the last 6 months, you were voting NDP since mulrooney left office.

You'd just love to see a split party again, so the Liberals can come up the middle eh?

Since when have true activists ever been happy in any established party? The perfect is always the enemy of the good.

The more the merrier!

About time they learned to work with diverse groups of people who really represent the people.

Exactly. Some people rubbed their hands with glee with the Green party winning more votes and said that it would keep the Tories in power forever.

Personally, I'd rather have people who were dissatisfied or felt disenfranchised in their own party. If some people who voted Conservative last election feel this way, many won't feel like voting for the other party choices. It makes more sense that they start their own party that reflects their values.

In fairness, it is the direction of the minority government. If Harper governs like he has a majority, he gets criticized for it. If he provides massive bailouts that the other parties demand, he gets criticized for it.

Well, he did save billions that would have been given away with kyoto. If that isn't waste, I don't know what it. Again, if they had a majority, I doubt we'd see all the spending/waste. Every time they try to make a cut, they hate women or the Arts. And the opposition claims they'll restore funding/waste. It's a ridiculous minority government.