Homless Cons

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That with the Bloc getting from 50-60 ridings out of 308 it's almost impossible for any party to form a majority without the leader being from Quebec and pandering to separatists.

The Liberals managed to reduce the Bloc to 38 seats in 2000 while taking 36 for themselves. Why can't the CPC do the same or better? Because they're too far from centre for most Quebeckers perhaps?

Gee...I have been preached to by many homeless people. Maybe that's only true in Canada.

Conservatives may have this illusion to be preached by people who appear as homeless because they are used to build homes inside homes, that is to maintain economies (from oikos which means house) in the heart of ecology (from oikos which still means house).

'Conservatism' is now just a politically correct word for radical change and oppression.

The thing with labels is that there must be sufficient plausibility for them to stick - be they launched by the "politically correct" or some other interest. In Canada, impressions of conservatism by self-identified non-conservatives increasingly view it as a reactionary philosophy. This makes it ever so difficult to draw additional support and should give conservatives pause for thought: is this label maybe earned, if only a little?

The fact is that the CPC is not an ideologically sound body of conservative principles, but a merger of interests comprised of right-leaning libertarians, social conservatives, traditional conservatives, and angry white males. While some of these constituencies overlap, they do not do so in a manner that produces an ideologically cohesive set of principles that can appeal to a majority, or even a large plurality of Canadians. Like any party occupying a pole, the Conservatives are held back by their fringe.

You mean it wouldn't be "choice" without your volunteered options and "support"? So called "Pro-Choice" is supposed to exist regardless of the outcome (and conditions) on the other side. So much for that.....

And if my right foot were my left, I'd have to change shoes.

Choice was available regardless of PT's offers of support.

When you bend an argument too far, you only find yourself getting bent.

The thing with labels is that there must be sufficient plausibility for them to stick - be they launched by the "politically correct" or some other interest. In Canada, impressions of conservatism by self-identified non-conservatives increasingly view it as a reactionary philosophy. This makes it ever so difficult to draw additional support and should give conservatives pause for thought: is this label maybe earned, if only a little?

The fact is that the CPC is not an ideologically sound body of conservative principles, but a merger of interests comprised of right-leaning libertarians, social conservatives, traditional conservatives, and angry white males. While some of these constituencies overlap, they do not do so in a manner that produces an ideologically cohesive set of principles that can appeal to a majority, or even a large plurality of Canadians. Like any party occupying a pole, the Conservatives are held back by their fringe.

Yes. I see Conservatism well encapsulated in the following motto: Since the world is a dangerous place to live in, we better enjoy it by all means while we still can.

And if my right foot were my left, I'd have to change shoes.

Choice was available regardless of PT's offers of support.

Then why offer up same in the course of justifying the "Pro Choice" position? You have only repeated the obvious.

When you bend an argument too far, you only find yourself getting bent.

Which doesn't bother me in the least. This is a web forum, not a bar exam.

The Liberals managed to reduce the Bloc to 38 seats in 2000 while taking 36 for themselves. Why can't the CPC do the same or better? Because they're too far from centre for most Quebeckers perhaps?
Or maybe since Chretien was a Francophone from Quebec, who as an affectation pretended a difficulty in speaking English?

Politics is becoming a game where only real homeless persons have a chance to win a majority government. Your parents have to choose carefully the province where they settle, if they want to give you a chance in politics. Even the family of Paul Martin has not been able to capitalize on its move from an English-speaking region to a French-speaking one.

Speaking of rigidities, the concept of right-wing authoritarianism was introduced in 1981 by Canadian psychologist, Bob Altemeyer.

It was introduced in 1957. When some buisness type with lots of influence figured out that the best way to control the work force was by controling what the common person cherished most - and love most - His children...hence the demolishment of Christian charity and the establishment of the agency or "society" system...where if you did not work at the plant and do what you were told - they took your kids - and called it protection... :lol: of the kids - when actually you were paying protection with your submission.

It was introduced in 1957. When some buisness type with lots of influence figured out that the best way to control the work force was by controling what the common person cherished most - and love most - His children...hence the demolishment of Christian charity and the establishment of the agency or "society" system...where if you did not work at the plant and do what you were told - they took your kids - and called it protection... :lol: of the kids - when actually you were paying protection with your submission.

Indeed, the word "proletariat" comes from the Latin proles which means "offspring" or "child".

Edited by benny

Indeed, the word "proletariat" comes from the Latin proles which means "offspring" or "child".

Interesting - so like dogs we have had our chains jerked though what we love - our very survival - the generation of ourselves - seems like a real mean way to control the population - I guess you have to be naive for it to work...Most of the proletariat are so good hearted they would never imagine human beings so nasty that they would control them though their children. After all that is as evil and base as you get....so this is not a new concept?

Interesting - so like dogs we have had our chains jerked though what we love - our very survival - the generation of ourselves - seems like a real mean way to control the population - I guess you have to be naive for it to work...Most of the proletariat are so good hearted they would never imagine human beings so nasty that they would control them though their children. After all that is as evil and base as you get....so this is not a new concept? Darn - I thought I finally figured out how the system works>> :rolleyes: So there are some nasty highly educated guys that act like the wicked witch of the west who sit there and indirectly state..."do what you are told or I will take your little dog" - how cure - did I just land in hell or something? What a rotten rotten system of control.

Interesting - so like dogs we have had our chains jerked though what we love - our very survival - the generation of ourselves - seems like a real mean way to control the population - I guess you have to be naive for it to work...Most of the proletariat are so good hearted they would never imagine human beings so nasty that they would control them though their children. After all that is as evil and base as you get....so this is not a new concept?

"They (the workers) have nothing else than their children to contribute to society" was the reasoning of the ruling class in Rome.

"They (the workers) have nothing else than their children to contribute to society" was the reasoning of the ruling class in Rome.

Now we have evloved to the point where the children are in effect kidnapped by the state at an early age and the parents simply follow along...kind of like a private estate or cattle farm , wouldn't you say...oh well - no wonder I always felt that the system was not free - I resist - need I say more? I am what they call a free man.

Now we have evloved to the point where the children are in effect kidnapped by the state at an early age and the parents simply follow along...kind of like a private estate or cattle farm , wouldn't you say...oh well - no wonder I always felt that the system was not free - I resist - need I say more? I am what they call a free man.

It is much worse than that: a lot of Conservatives have evolved to the point where they are valuing sun burns (their rednecks) more than anything else.

It is much worse than that: a lot of Conservatives have evolved to the point where they are valuing sun burns (their rednecks) more than anything else.

Name calling? Not bad considering this thread was started by a diehard Liberal who'd love to see the CPC in fragments for vote-splitting purposes.

Name calling? Not bad considering this thread was started by a diehard Liberal who'd love to see the CPC in fragments for vote-splitting purposes.

Just before the last election, dobbin predicted the Liberals would be decimated. He is elated at his party's recent positive polling and disbelief that the Liberals are coming to back to life. Not surprisingly, his anti-Conservative posts contain an elan not seen in a while. Very predictable behaviour.