Plains of Abraham re-enactment cancelled

ctv

apparently according to Duceppe, freedom of expression is only allowed when it agrees with his ideology.

This article is for reading only on an empty stomache. Once again, in Canada, political correctness (and treason) reign supreme. For more on political correctness, go here (link).

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article is for reading only on an empty stomache. Once again, in Canada, political correctness (and treason) reign supreme. For more on political correctness, go here (link).

I was thinking of getting you and Bush Cheney to represent the US.

And ME and GUYSER to Represent Canada. (fair fight)

Then we can Re Enact the battle of Queenston Heights.

Guyser will be Sir Isaac Brock..... he dies... :) whoops :(

Then I will be the officer that takes over and drives you guys back across the Niagara. :P

Seriously, this stuff, I just don't want to read anymore. Its just so pathetic. This isn't political correctness about the battle, it is about scoring points, and trying to blurr history and a battle of hundreds of years ago, and make it seem like it happened in 2007.

I was thinking of getting you and Bush Cheney to represent the US.

And ME and GUYSER to Represent Canada. (fair fight)

Then we can Re Enact the battle of Queenston Heights.

Guyser will be Sir Isaac Brock..... he dies... :) whoops :(

Then I will be the officer that takes over and drives you guys back across the Niagara. :P

Seriously, this stuff, I just don't want to read anymore. Its just so pathetic. This isn't political correctness about the battle, it is about scoring points, and trying to blurr history and a battle of hundreds of years ago, and make it seem like it happened in 2007.

I am assuming that Queenston Heights was a battle in the War of 1812. What most Canadians don't realize is that Northerners did not support that war. I view it as being at best a draw, and more likely a Canadian victory. The American troops thought they were fighting British. Canadians are made of better stuff when it comes to fighting.

Please don't assume what my beliefs are. You'll more often be wrong than right.

Ok, but only if I get the dramatic death scene like Will Ferrell in Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery

Can I help --- I can apply the make up - and do the special effects----and direct - first the makeup...what kind of lipstick do you want - glossy or unglossy? The light will play well on your yap ---- I say glossy~

Im not dead yet...little help here?

I wonder if I would be allowed to use the Plains of Abe for a battle of Hastings re-enactment?

Who wants to be on the Norman french side?

As long as I get the big axe and the French maid to carry said big axe ....and to swing it when necessary. It's in...so where do we find these Anglo barbarians - and can I say this......"Finally a man worth killing" - loved that line.

This "Roman alphabet", "Jupiter" stuff is some of the wackiest stuff I've ever seen on this board. This is the first time I've seen a MLW user literally go insane right before our eyes since that time when "maplesyrup" had this idea that he ... hey, waitaminute...

-k

Really? So you are denying Historical fact. Whether you believe any God's exist or not is irrelevant. You are so smart I am floored by the wisdom you impart on this thread. Do keep it coming. Like your pal Canadien you are just another lying revisionist who wants to propogate their spin. It's ok I know enough about religion that your days of existing are numbered so enjoy your Canadian heaven while you are in it.

The biggest Joke Is Nouvelle France was Made up of Acadia, Canada, and Louisana. Those of Acadia were Acadians.

http://www.acadianmuseum.com/apology.html

Those of Acadia, were Acadians.

those of Louisiana were cajuns

Those of Canada prior to the loss on the plains of Abraham were "Canadians"

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?amme...@lit(gw010118))

George Washington to Robert Jackson, August 2, 1755

We, but a few moments before, believ'd our number's almost equal to the Canadian Force; they only expected to annoy us. Yet, contrary to all expectation and human probability, and even to the common course of things, we were totally defeated,

If I follow the logic of you people on this threads: Germany should reenact the Gasing and concentration camps of the Jews: The South in the United States should reenact the Black Slavery and the Plantations. History should just plain out be celebrated in all its colors.

Why not its history after all?

Gee I wonder if the Americans are now going to start calling themselves Iraqi as they are in control of Iraq.

You people are just demented losers.

You have no alphabet, you have no history, and Your Jesus is a fraud. What are you people going to do?? Enjoy your heaven of Canada, the noose of death is slowly tightening its grip day by day and then into the furnace of fire you will all go. :lol: Good Luck on passing your lies onto those who will live after you. Just like you, your lies will follow you into the furnace and the world of tommorrow is going to forget you ever existed. :(

Whether happy with the result or not, that battle is arguably the single most important event in our history. To deny it would be the same as todays British taking the same attitude toward the Battle of Hastings and its importance in their history, just because it was the French who invaded and won.

The Canada you are in today came into existence in 1867. You have zero right to anything prior to this date. The history is not yours. Canada existed from 1604 to 1759 as part of nouvelle france. So you think its ok to impose and insult Quebec with history that is not yours but between France, Britain, and Quebec. Modern Canada is out of this equation So you people should just eff off and get your own history and identity and quit trying to jack Quebec's history.

So now we have a victory for the terror tactics of people who see history as a tool to play the victims.

Too bad for them, but I plan to celebrate on September 13, 1759. Yes CELEBRATE... the fact that French-speaking cultures and their language are still alive in my country, on this continent 250 years later. Those sovereignists who would rather keep scratching old wounds so they can say "see, we're still bleeding" should look at how healthy the body actually is.

No surprise, the demands have not stopped. Now, they should not be any commemoration of any kind in Quebec this year. No exhibit, no tours, no historians' conference. And of course, management of the Plains should now be turned over to a Quebec provincial agency. Good thing there's St.-Jean=Baptiste Day and they need the Plains for the show; otherwise they would demand that the whole park be turned into a giant parking lot - what a better to erase memory.

On a related nnte. I have seen on other sites, the (unsurprising) display of the "let's licl Quebec out", "Canada belongs to us, not the French", "they should be grateful that we did not just deport them", "we won, you lose and don't you forget it" garbage. Apart from the threat to violence, that's not better than the "people playing war on the Plains of Abraham is humiliating" whining.

At least, I did not get that type of crap on this thread.

The Canada you are in today came into existence in 1867. You have zero right to anything prior to this date. The history is not yours. Canada existed from 1604 to 1759 as part of nouvelle france. So you think its ok to impose and insult Quebec with history that is not yours but between France, Britain, and Quebec. Modern Canada is out of this equation So you people should just eff off and get your own history and identity and quit trying to jack Quebec's history.

How is it insulting Quebec? What does todays Quebecer have to be ashamed of because of what happened that day? What do Anglo Canadians have to be proud of because of it? Nothing, it was just one of the defining moments in our history. All our history. It is part of Quebec's history, or doesn't Quebec now exist? By your logic Quebec ceased to exist on 13 September 1759 and Quebec has zero right to anything that came after it. That date is as big in Quebec's history as it is in Canada's, if not more so. Quebec is what it is just as much because of events on and after that date as before. You don't get to pick and chose what your history is, it just is. Better to have a real history with all its warts and contradictions than some comfortable fantasy dreamed up by idiots.

How is it insulting Quebec?
Unsuccessful cultures such as the French (in both France and in Canada) and the Muslims thrive on grievance and insult. You don't see successful cultures such as the British, US, Jewish or Scandinavian peoples complaining about ancient insults. Or usually even current ones. Just as in nursery school the better-adjusted children aren't the tatte-tales.
You don't get to pick and chose what your history is, it just is. Better to have a real history with all its warts and contradictions than some comfortable fantasy dreamed up by idiots.
Excellent post, as always.

...If I follow the logic of you people on this threads: Germany should reenact the Gasing and concentration camps of the Jews: The South in the United States should reenact the Black Slavery and the Plantations. History should just plain out be celebrated in all its colors.

Yes, as such things are "re-enacted" on a routine basis in books, film, theatre, and historical fairs. We can even revisit slavery and internments in Canada!

Gee I wonder if the Americans are now going to start calling themselves Iraqi as they are in control of Iraq.

There are many Iraqi Americans.....even before "controlling" Iraq.

Correction the current "Canada" that we live in came into being in 1982.

I dunno, the aboriginals were pretty pissed off about the Columbus 500th anniversary thing, weren't they?

-k

I heard that the movie about the so-called discovery was like watching paint dry. The reason why they don't want to re-enact it, is because they all know that history is one "great big lie!" :P On the humorous side, when the chief saw Columbus urinating over the side of his boat, he looked at him and said "HEYHH!! YOUR-A-PEEIN!" :lol:

Unsuccessful cultures such as the French (in both France and in Canada) and the Muslims thrive on grievance and insult. You don't see successful cultures such as the British, US, Jewish or Scandinavian peoples complaining about ancient insults. Or usually even current ones. Just as in nursery school the better-adjusted children aren't the tatte-tales.

Another example of jbg's bigotry. They complain because they're an unsuccessful culture and they're unsuccessful because they don't speak english and lose battles.

And that is what the Plains of Abraham have been used for by English bigots for many many years now. You see, the French lost because they are inherently lesser people (with, as Mark Steyn would say, obligatory exceptions). The English won because they are inherently more couragous, tougher, manlier, smarter etc etc.

The Plains of Abraham has been used for hundreds of years to insult Quebecers - and then the bigots express surprise that Quebecers are insulted!

Why, do those 30% want to become part of France again? This was after all a fight between two European colonial powers over which Europeans would get to exploit this country. It was not a Canadian civil war so lets stop treating it like one.

Exactly. It was not about the right to govern or claim land until Parkman wrote his book of fairy tales in a convoluted game of connecting the dots. The battle was about as important to Canadian history as Champlain leaving his wife's undergarments to the Garnier sisters. Both happened - neither was important.

You have no alphabet, you have no history, and Your Jesus is a fraud. What are you people going to do?? Enjoy your heaven of Canada, the noose of death is slowly tightening its grip day by day and then into the furnace of fire you will all go. :lol: Good Luck on passing your lies onto those who will live after you. Just like you, your lies will follow you into the furnace and the world of tommorrow is going to forget you ever existed. :(

Huh? What does this have to with Canadian History? I know that our written history is 95% fabricated and even after the Plains of Abraham Canadians were still Canadian.

My ancestry is Acadian, and I know full well the story. It was drilled into me from the moment I drew my first breath. Maybe we need a re-enactment of the expulsion and the slaughter of Acadian men, women and children at the hands of the British. In a pre-Parkman history pamphlet there is a copy of a notice put up by Lord Halifax offering $25.00 for every Acadian and Indian scalp. We should re-eneact that. I'll make the popcorn.

Exactly. It was not about the right to govern or claim land until Parkman wrote his book of fairy tales in a convoluted game of connecting the dots. The battle was about as important to Canadian history as Champlain leaving his wife's undergarments to the Garnier sisters. Both happened - neither was important.

The battle and the expulsion of the Acadians were both very important events in our history and their impact on the country we now live in is huge. The emotion both incidents can still evoke 250 years later is proof of that. Neither should be glossed over in an attempt to sanitize any of the more nasty bits which are part of our makeup.

I really don't much care what Quebec decides to do about it but I must admit I'm a little confused. Was Quebec celebrating its 400th anniversary last year or just the first 151 years? If so, what was the big deal?

Huh? What does this have to with Canadian History?

Come on, it's obvious. There's no English Canada because there's no English language. Because we use the Roman alphabet, we're actually just speaking mis-spelled Roman, not English, and therefore English Canadians worship Jupiter, not Jesus.

It's kind of like how we're all Muslims because we use Arabic numerals.

-k

It would appear that threats and the possibility of violence ensured that the event was cancelled.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Isn't inciting violence a criminal offence? Should there be charges?

Some of the people opposed to the event want the battlefield given to Quebec so that the true result of the war is documented.

The fun continues.

Mario Beaulieu, president of the Montreal chapter of the Société St. Jean Baptiste, said yesterday he expects "thousands" of people will show up Sunday to protest on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.

Beaulieu said the demonstration, calling on Ottawa to return the Plains of Abraham to Quebec's jurisdiction, would not be violent.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/todays...0593/story.html

I wonder if the feds will, once again, bend to the separatists.

Edited by capricorn

How is it insulting Quebec? What does todays Quebecer have to be ashamed of because of what happened that day?

Actually, Quebecers should be proud that in spite of losing the battle on the Plains they won a greater battle. It is that they managed to build a province where their language, culture and laws are thriving. It seems to me a lot of these fanatics who oppose the re-enactment hate themselves * and are going to extremes for self aggrandizement.

* There is an expression in French which describes such self hatred. It is "ils ne sont pas bien dans leur peau".