Plains of Abraham re-enactment cancelled

Non existing Roman Gods?? Rome endured for a thousand years. The Roman's God was Jupiter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_(mythology)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_...2&version=9

There you have it, Jesus has stated to render onto Ceaser's which is Ceaser and that which is God's God's. This alphabet is of Rome and the Roman's God was Jupiter.

Arguing that Jupiter was actually real by using the Bible. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debate over; on the noon news on Radio-Canada, I saw an interview with the director of the National Battlefield Commission announce that the reconstitution was cancelled.

Radio-Canada

A great day for Quebec and the whole of Canada! A bunch of innoffensive guys who like to dress up in old military uniforms and playing war has been sent packing because a bunch of yahoos find what they do humiliating.

What's next? Let's change the name of the Montreal hockey team? Think of the humiliation for French-speaking Montrealers of being reminded that one of their main source of civic pride for the last 100 years is called CANADIEN.

Or perhaps Jacques Parizeau should change his first name... after all, Jacques=James, Wolfe's first name. Must be so humiliating.

Edited by CANADIEN

One more reason to have the week-end "historians" have their fun. Only idiots would see it as an attempt at humiliating anyone.

While I personally find them harmless things, knowing they are not historical re-enactments, but parts in a contrived history; there are enough people who do believe in their authenticity and claim false pride at the expense of others.

If enough people felt insulted, and public emotion exploited for political gain; it was really the only thing they could do. Cancel it. We just went through an embarassing separatist campaign and don't need more reasons to alientate Quebec or polarize Canadians.

While I personally find them harmless things, knowing they are not historical re-enactments, but parts in a contrived history; there are enough people who do believe in their authenticity and claim false pride at the expense of others.

If enough people felt insulted, and public emotion exploited for political gain; it was really the only thing they could do. Cancel it. We just went through an embarassing separatist campaign and don't need more reasons to alientate Quebec or polarize Canadians.

I hope the Director of the National Battlefield Commission will be sent packing on that one. Not for organizing a "re-enectment" of the two battles (let's not forget that the Battle of Sainte-Foy was also included) but for clear ineptitude and stupidity. He should have known that there would be people bent on stirring controversy, and plan things a lot better.

Politicians of all stipes should be ashame of themselves, for turning this into a political football.

As for the embarassment - it is the separatist movement that embaraased itself the most. We are in 2009, not 1759, and the "bad Anglos and federalists are bent on humiliating us and still want to assimilate us" line has sunk to new lows.

So all you English Elitists and even the French for that matter get your own alphabet and quite defiling the Roman God of Jupiters language with your propagating shit. You want to fabricate history to suit your twisted agenda go for it. Jesus wrote about shit branches. They are going to be tossed into the Furnace where there will be gnashing of teeth. The fact is, the Truth of history will come shining through for all to see. The Force of Life and History will move forward in Truth.

uh huh.

There you have it, Jesus has stated to render onto Ceaser's which is Ceaser and that which is God's God's. This alphabet is of Rome and the Roman's God was Jupiter.

uh huh.

Believing Jesus is going to save you from death is a bigger joke.

:lol:

uh huh. Now, tell me about your childhood...

-k

Same location as your brain.

Come on, produce the English Alphabet. If you so called self rightous anglos want to be linguistic revisionists than you should do it with your own alphabet. If you are revising and creating interpretations to other Latin dialects who are you collaborating with? fellow anglos? to draw your narrow interpretations?

Because you are brainless I will be more than happy to fire up my brain to shed light your ill guided delusions.

uh huh.

uh huh.

uh huh. Now, tell me about your childhood...

-k

Now tell my why you, this forum, and the media hates Quebec and anyone French so much and you will have your answer. You people think you are so wonderful that you have to look for ways to elevate yourselves and spin your revisionist agenda to continue this perceived superiority over Quebec.

This obscessive hate by English Canada of Quebec dates back into the Seventies. Quebec has been at war with Canada for 40 years. The fact is, the truth and the force of history is on Quebec's side.

I look at everything, History, Religion, science, etc. Continue on with your hate. Jesus added one commandment: Love. and he talked about the furnace of fire of hell. He also talked about getting to heaven through him. The fact is English Canada for the Last 40 years has failed to demonstrate love towards Quebec so to hell with you all. :o

Don't buy into religion? Who was the Roman's God? Rome existed for a thousand years and their God was Jupiter not Jesus. What alphabet is this post being written in? What force brought rome to destruction? Christianity perhaps?? So really, christians have offended two Gods, Jupiter and the God of Moses.

It is ok for you to deny any Gods exist because it is certain at some point in the future you indeed will not exist. ;) And Good Ridance. :)

Now tell my why you, this forum, and the media hates Quebec and anyone French so much and you will have your answer. You people think you are so wonderful that you have to look for ways to elevate yourselves and spin your revisionist agenda to continue this perceived superiority over Quebec.

This obscessive hate by English Canada of Quebec dates back into the Seventies. Quebec has been at war with Canada for 40 years. The fact is, the truth and the force of history is on Quebec's side.

I look at everything, History, Religion, science, etc. Continue on with your hate. Jesus added one commandment: Love. and he talked about the furnace of fire of hell. He also talked about getting to heaven through him. The fact is English Canada for the Last 40 years has failed to demonstrate love towards Quebec so to hell with you all. :o

Don't buy into religion? Who was the Roman's God? Rome existed for a thousand years and their God was Jupiter not Jesus. What alphabet is this post being written in? What force brought rome to destruction? Christianity perhaps?? So really, christians have offended two Gods, Jupiter and the God of Moses.

It is ok for you to deny any Gods exist because it is certain at some point in the future you indeed will not exist. ;) And Good Ridance. :)

Thanks, I needed that. (Laughing)

That's not really true. Battles between Quebec and the West are often fuelled by polticians who promote some notion of Western alienation. I don't hear it much living in Ontario, and rarely if ever from my relatives on the east coast.

My own heritage is Acadian/French Canadian/Irish. I never had a hero worship of British Canadian history, which was 95% fabricated anyway.

I don't want Quebec to leave, anymore than I want Alberta to leave. I detest poltitcans who exploit differences, instead of finding ways to promote unity.

I think Jacques is Jack or John. Not sure about James. My father's name was Jacques on his NB school records; Jack in Ontario but John on some of his miltiary records.

James is usually translated as Jacques. Look for example at lists of British Kings or Jesus' disciples. Jack to would be translated as Jacques. John = Jean.

This "Roman alphabet", "Jupiter" stuff is some of the wackiest stuff I've ever seen on this board. This is the first time I've seen a MLW user literally go insane right before our eyes since that time when "maplesyrup" had this idea that he ... hey, waitaminute...

-k

This "Roman alphabet", "Jupiter" stuff is some of the wackiest stuff I've ever seen on this board. This is the first time I've seen a MLW user literally go insane right before our eyes since that time when "maplesyrup" had this idea that he ... hey, waitaminute...

-k

Have you ever noticed that whowhere and MapleSyrup are never in the same room at the same time?

---

My own take on this issue is that a significant minority of Quebecers (perhaps 30%) want a country. They are frustrated like unattached people at a wedding or to choose a more dramatic metaphor, in the same way that hungry people on a sidewalk beside an expensive restaurant are frustrated. Holding this re-creation would amount to cutting the turkey in the window for all to see.

Now then. How would Albertans feel about a Prime Minister Ignatieff re-enacting the National Energy Policy under a new name?

Now then. How would Albertans feel about a Prime Minister Ignatieff re-enacting the National Energy Policy under a new name?

Do you have proof that he has ever even contemplated that? He hasn't. In fact, we don't even need that right now.

Besides, we've all been too busy watching Harper re-enact the oppression of women and women re-enacting Rights movements, to engage in fantasy politics.

Have you ever noticed that whowhere and MapleSyrup are never in the same room at the same time?

---

My own take on this issue is that a significant minority of Quebecers (perhaps 30%) want a country. They are frustrated like unattached people at a wedding or to choose a more dramatic metaphor, in the same way that hungry people on a sidewalk beside an expensive restaurant are frustrated. Holding this re-creation would amount to cutting the turkey in the window for all to see.

Why, do those 30% want to become part of France again? This was after all a fight between two European colonial powers over which Europeans would get to exploit this country. It was not a Canadian civil war so lets stop treating it like one.

The way this whole issue has been handled by both sides has been disappionting... this whole issue is about Canadian history Canadians, not English Canadians, not French Canadians, not Quebecors, just Canadians, made up of all of the above....it is part of our history, we can not change it, rewrite it as we see fit, nor should we ignore it because it is polictically correct....

As for those 30 % that don't want nothing to do with Canada, except everything they can rip from our nation, when they separate.... stomp your feet, cry out to the world, threaten violence, and you will get your way...Frankly i'm getting tired of those 30 % of Quebecors dictating to the rest of Canadians which includes the remaining 70 % of Quebec "what we should or should not do as a nation"....It's time we woke up and told those 30% to sit down, we are in charge here, "don't like don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

Whether happy with the result or not, that battle is arguably the single most important event in our history. To deny it would be the same as todays British taking the same attitude toward the Battle of Hastings and its importance in their history, just because it was the French who invaded and won.

It would appear that threats and the possibility of violence ensured that the event was cancelled.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Commission chairman Andre Juneau says battle reenactment plans have been scrapped "because of the impossibility of ensuring the safety of the public and the participants."

"Given the excessive language and threats we have heard in recent days, we can't as responsible managers risk compromising the safety of families and children who might attend the event," he told a news conference in Quebec City.

Some of the people opposed to the event want the battlefield given to Quebec so that the true result of the war is documented.