Yet Another Tax Cheat Appointed By Obama

I didn't want to have to start another topic in the case of Daschle, so I posted his "misfortune" in the Geithner thread. But this is getting ridiculous now, and moved past comical long ago.

Performance czar withdraws candidacy

WASHINGTON (AP) - Nancy Killefer, who failed for a year and a half to pay employment taxes on household help, has withdrawn her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government, the White House said Tuesday.

Killefer was the second major Obama administration nominee to withdraw and the third to have tax problems complicate their nomination after President Barack Obama announced their selection.

"Nancy Killefer has decided to withdraw her nomination, and we accepted her withdrawal," Tommy Vietor, a White House spokesman, said Tuesday. The 55-year-old executive with consulting giant McKinsey & Co., was expected to explain her reasons for pulling out later in the day

Link

Does this Administration do any vetting at all? And even worse, do any of them actually pay their taxes, like the rest of us? Someone said recently, that it's obvious why liberals don't care about rasing taxes, because they don't pay them regardless. I'm beginning to agree.

Democrats. They don't pay taxes, and they spend other people's money. Quite a scam they have going for themselves.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was Bubber who defended Geithner's nomination thusly:

Dodging what issue? That Obama knows how to properly vet people, unlike Bush with Harriet Myers or McCain with Palin? It's to Obama's credit that these issues are on the table before the appointees are confirmed.

This post has been edited by BubberMiley: Jan 31 2009, 03:31 PM

Now I believe I understand what the Hopenchange Express is looking for when vetting, they are actually looking for tax cheaters to nominate!

Of course supporters are actually getting a little disenchanted with this(although I won't put words in Bubber's mouth) as Obama's approval numbers have now started to tumble, Gallop has him at 66%, which is close to a 20% drop in a couple of weeks. He's squandering the good will of the people with stupid decisions.

Now I believe I understand what the Hopenchange Express is looking for when vetting, they are actually looking for tax cheaters to nominate!

Holy 1040 Batman...this is becoming absurd....and they thought Cheney was arrogant?

Of course supporters are actually getting a little disenchanted with this(although I won't put words in Bubber's mouth) as Obama's approval numbers have now started to tumble, Gallop has him at 66%, which is close to a 20% drop in a couple of weeks. He's squandering the good will of the people with stupid decisions.

Agreed...President Obama is frittering away political capital on these nominations. Now we know what he meant by "YES WE CAN!" :lol:

The difference with Obama is not that he will occasionally run into people who have issues in their past. It is that he deals with it in an open and honest manner.

That's great, but at this political juncture, there is little patience for business as usual and these tax cheats. Their sins resonate very negatively with Joe Sixpack taxpayer already seeing what has gone on in Washington.

Obama would gain back approval margin by kicking these guys to the curb and taking the heat for nominating them to begin with.

The difference with Obama is not that he will occasionally run into people who have issues in their past. It is that he deals with it in an open and honest manner.

I don't know what that means. Was it him that turned these men and women over to the IRS coyotes? In what sense is his behavior different from the behavior of any president past - except that his vetting seems not to have included tax reviews.

I don't know what that means. Was it him that turned these men and women over to the IRS coyotes? In what sense is his behavior different from the behavior of any president past - except that his vetting seems not to have included tax reviews.

Spot on.....these guys continue the worst in professional and ethical lapses at a time when there is zero tolerance for either. Zoe Baird must be pissing rocks by now.

I don't think it was Obama or his team who, when nominating tax cheats, handed out the tax information on them at the same time.

At any rate, let's review. He nominates Geithner whose tax cheating ways almost cost him the job. Okay, a mistake by Obama, but an oversight, an honest mistake, lets move on. He nominates Daschle, an even bigger tax cheat. Stupid move plain and simple. He nominates ANOTHER tax cheat, Nancy Killefer.

What kind of hopenchange is this Obama? What is the American tax payer supposed to think when you ignore huge tax issues to nominate people to your government, who then have to withdraw their names. Good grief, this is really stupid. He is spending his political capital on people who don't even get through the vetting process. No doubt the typical American is thinking the more things change the more they stay the same.

Dirty Dems collapsing like a house of cards! The inherent corruption of the system stinks for miles!

I do not put the blame directly on Obama for this... unlike Bush and the Republicans, the people he has chosen do actually have some semblance of competency, contrasted with choices like Myers or Palin. However what's at root may still be fundamentally the same problem... I suspect some of these choices have alot to do with loyalty, and promises made behind closed doors with people like the Clintons. This would seem to be his first mistake, capitulating to the demands of the old-boys club. for that he should be blamed. Change cannot come from these people, they are in fact part of the very reason change is needed. Obama would do well to wash his hands of any such dealings, forget about the old guard and look for talent that is not yet corrupted. Given the current political climate, this may be nearly impossible!

Poor Obama, may end up becoming a one-man administration.

For the last several years the GOP has had to nominate according to a Democrat congress, who they would or would not be willing to nominate otherwise is quite debatable and not the point. The Democratic party, under the Hopenchange Express Obama leadership has said he'd hold his administration to a very high standard and recently publicly lectured CEOs for bonuses in the private sector.

Yet obviously he is not holding his newly minted administration to a high standard. He would have these tax cheats admitted into his cabinet. He is not doing what he said he would do.

Edited by sharkman

For the last several years the GOP has had to nominate according to a Democrat congress, who they would or would not be willing to nominate otherwise is quite debatable and not the point. The Democratic party, under the Hopenchange Express Obama leadership has said he'd hold his administration to a very high standard and recently publicly lectured CEOs for bonuses in the private sector.

Yet obviously he is not holding his newly minted administration to a high standard. He would have these tax cheats admitted into his cabinet. He is not doing what he said he would do.

All of a sudden Republican own standards have improved. Another achievement by Obama.

Well, the obvious decision has happened...Daschle is gone from consideration by removing himself with pants still about his feet. This deserves a big Washington DUH!

WASHINGTON – Tom Daschle withdrew Tuesday as President Barack Obama's nominee to be health and human services secretary, dealing potential blows to both speedy health care reform and Obama's hopes for a smooth start in the White House. "Now we must move forward," Obama said in a written statement accepting "with sadness and regret" Daschle's request to be removed from consideration. A day earlier, Obama had said he "absolutely" stood by Daschle in the face of problems over back taxes and potential conflicts of interest.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/daschle_taxes

Looks like you nailed it Shady! :lol:

All of a sudden Republican own standards have improved. Another achievement by Obama.

You would do well as a Dem campaigner! :lol:

Obama promised A and is giving the voting public B instead. Only a kool aid drinker would see that as an achievement by Obama. But the voters ain't buying it as his approval numbers have dropped 20 points in 2 weeks.

I am happy Daschle is gone I hope now Obama can pick Howard Dean who he should have picked in the first place. An extreme progressive, a MD, and a man who took his 50 state strategy and just fucking played the republicans like they were a timbits hockey team. Yes please Dean scream all the way to universal health care. Will this happen probably not happen, should it happen.....totally. I will be sending Obama an email today.

Edited by punked

Howard Dean was the one responsible for Obama's 52% win?

Yeah, uh, I hope they take your advice. Dean would perfectly cap off what has been a major stumble out of the gate for Obama. Like totally, dude.

No Howard Dean is responsible for the HUGE numbers in both the Senate and the House. They almost won Georgia and Kentucky for Christ sake. Dean rocked the republicans so much Rush is now the head of their party. HAHAHA

I am happy Daschle is gone I hope now Obama can pick Howard Dean

That's assuming Howard Dean actually pays his taxes! :lol: Which for Democrats, is anything but a sure bet. And does anyone remember Joe Biden's insistence that paying taxes is patriotic? Using his logic, I wouldn't consider it a big stretch to proclaim Tom Daschle, Tim Geithner, Nancy Killefer, Al Franken, Caroline Kennedy, and Charlie Rangel (who's probably the biggest crook of the bunch) unpatriotic.

Question:

Which is the bigger joke? Nancy Pelosi's claim of "the most ethical Congress ever", or Obama's claim of "a new era of responsibility?" Either way, they both make you want to puke.

Prediction:

If the Democrats pass the stimulus bill (I know, I'm using the term stimulus quite loosely) as it exists in its current form, Republicans take back the house in the mid-term elections, and make big gains in the senate.

Prediction:

If the Democrats pass the stimulus bill (I know, I'm using the term stimulus quite loosely) as it exists in its current form, Republicans take back the house in the mid-term elections, and make big gains in the senate.

Your predictions have not been that accurate in the past.

That's assuming Howard Dean actually pays his taxes! :lol: Which for Democrats, is anything but a sure bet. And does anyone remember Joe Biden's insistence that paying taxes is patriotic? Using his logic, I wouldn't consider it a big stretch to proclaim Tom Daschle, Tim Geithner, Nancy Killefer, Al Franken, Caroline Kennedy, and Charlie Rangel (who's probably the biggest crook of the bunch) unpatriotic.

Question:

Which is the bigger joke? Nancy Pelosi's claim of "the most ethical Congress ever", or Obama's claim of "a new era of responsibility?" Either way, they both make you want to puke.

Prediction:

Considering a good amount are retiring and their senate and congress poll numbers are in the low 20's while the stimulus poll numbers are in the mid 60's I say you know nothing. Problem is Republicans don't actually know how many people are unemployed due to Regan's change of how the number is measured if they block this bill they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Tax cheats are actually a very religious bunch..Look at what Christ said - to para-phrase - Give what belongs to Rome ( the state) and what is due to the state too the state. Give what is God's and due to God. Most assume that Christ was saying was give tax payments to the emperor... But..if translated eg...If all belongs to God you give all to God and if all belongs to God then nothing belongs to the state - SO THE STATE IN REALITY SHOULD GET NOTHING.

In the alternative: There is a passage also that mentions Christ sending off one of his croonies to catch a fish and he said in that fish you will find two coins - give one to the tax collector on my behalf and give the other one on your behalf.."we don't want to cause them offence." In other words pay them so we will not be de-focused from our mission by bureaucratic harrassment. Obama appointing a tax cheat is quite normal in that circle. They do not have to worry about appeasing the state - they are the state and they know there will not be any repercussions...They are privledged - just like judges and lawyers are privledge and with them the law is not binding..so they are free to be crimminal if they wish. :rolleyes:

Question:

Prediction:

That's hilarious, Biden calling his own party big wigs unpatriotic, and pathetic at the same time.

Obama has suffered a major embarrassment yesterday, and the sheen is coming off. I was wondering why he's been so careless and sloppy, and it appears that he's been reading his own press clippings, thinking he can do no wrong. He's making rookie mistakes which is no surprise since he actually is a rookie, something the MSM still doesn't know.

A rookie leading the most influential nation in the world during the worst financial crisis since the depression. This could get really rough.

That's hilarious, Biden calling his own party big wigs unpatriotic, and pathetic at the same time.

Obama has suffered a major embarrassment yesterday, and the sheen is coming off. I was wondering why he's been so careless and sloppy, and it appears that he's been reading his own press clippings, thinking he can do no wrong. He's making rookie mistakes which is no surprise since he actually is a rookie, something the MSM still doesn't know.

A rookie leading the most influential nation in the world during the worst financial crisis since the depression. This could get really rough.

Happens every 8 years. You might remember Bush picking someone who had an illegal migrant working for them for labour, or Clinton picking someone who had something to do with a nappy they called it nannygate. I wouldn't worry about he isn't making mistakes that no one else has already made.

Happens every 8 years. You might remember Bush picking someone who had an illegal migrant working for them for labour, or Clinton picking someone who had something to do with a nappy they called it nannygate. I wouldn't worry about he isn't making mistakes that no one else has already made.

Thing is Obama spoke against cronyism then right after getting elected appoints 17 democrat lobbyists to cushy jobs. 2 tax evaders which one dropped out yesterday.