Tory MP Rod Brinooge abortion bill

Are you sure you are a Catholic?

Did the Pope make an announcement last night? because you are wrong again on a religious issue you know nothing about.

Yes, you're right. I can admit when I'm wrong. Even I make mistakes, I'm not infallible. I need to pray on this and discuss this further to understand the Holy Father and his vision.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow a free vote in the HoC on the issue. Many BQ MP's are RC same to Liberals and many are anti abortion. I'd like to see how everyone would vote.

For the record I don't want to see it banned just restricted to incest, rape or danger to the mother cases.

This abortion on demand as a contraceptive is just plain stupid.

You know...I don't disagree.Unless we are talking about some sort of medical necessityor the two other cases you've mentioned,I see no reason for it whatsoever.

By the way,late term abortions are probably some of the medically barberous things that one human being can do to another.

"Back to the topic, I support the end of women murdering their children."

I don't even know how to respond to that. I want to ask "are you insane?" Though I'm sure you're not, just misguided.

Abortion is a complex issue but for a woman to choose to terminate her pregnancy is not as easy a decision as pro-lifers think.

Often, it is the father who pressures her because he doesn't want the responsibility. Sometimes a young girl whose parents are firm believers in NO SEX UNTIL MARRIAGE, is afraid to face their wrath. Maybe they're not ready. Whatever the reason, ultimately it is HER body, HER choice.

The church's only role in this is education. If you claim to live with 'traditional family values' (whatever they are), then make sure that while you denounce abortion you also let your children know that if they hmmm..accidentally have sex before marriage that you will be there and not judge. Don't take away your daughters' right to choose by making abortion her ONLY option.

But for the record. MPs on the abortion issue: http://www.arcc-cdac.ca/action/list-antich...-mps-nov08.html

The article: http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/200...871276-sun.html

Abortion should not be defacto contraception, this is wrong and costly to society. More responsibility needs to be put on the man and woman to act responsibly before a pregnancy happens.

For many individuals, getting an abortion is the responsible thing to do.

Traditional family values needs to regain a place in today's secular society. The secular ideal pushed by progressives has come to bite us in the backside. Is no sex until marriage really that hard?

Evidently, given that sex before marriage has always been around.

With a return to this there would be no need to raise welfare rates.

How so?

For many individuals, getting an abortion is the responsible thing to do.

Evidently, given that sex before marriage has always been around.

How so?

I'd like an answer to that as well. There are married couples and families on welfare. In fact, in Ontario, single people receive only the very basic benefit. Not even enough to get you off the streets. Do poor people have no family values?

I'd like an answer to that as well. There are married couples and families on welfare. In fact, in Ontario, single people receive only the very basic benefit. Not even enough to get you off the streets. Do poor people have no family values?

People are poor by choice. There are jobs out there no matter what anyone says. There are job training programs available for anyone. It comes down to laziness.

I believe, as of now, the only MP to have introduced an anti-abortion bill under a Tory government is Paul Steckle. What party was that again?

And Paul Steckle was not interested in compromise either. His aim was to ban all abortion. He knew his own party didn't accept it and hoped to gain ground with individual members. He decided not to run again in the last election.

You have no clue how it's supposed to work obviously. A Christian marriage is not so simplistic. A husband and wife are one. A wife has her own feelings and opinions. In a discussion she brings them to the husband and they talk it over until they come to a full agreement on how to carry forward. Then the husband acts as the messenger of their decision and becomes the "public face" if you will, of that decision. The chauvinism that you describe is wrong, it's disgusting, it's a Sin.

How about letting the woman have her own opinion even if different than her husband's and how about letting her speak for herself as opposed to being treated like a child?

How's that for not being 'chauvinistic'?

I just heard on the radio this morning that Tory MP Rod Brinooge wants to bring in a bill banning abortion. This should play well during a possible election campaign. Watch for the Tories to be sent back to the pasture in a major way.

If introduced, let's refer to the Bill as "C-Iggy's election victory on a silver platter"....

How much did the LPC pay this guy? :lol:

If introduced, let's refer to the Bill as "C-Iggy's election victory on a silver platter"....

It's the equivalent of Ignatieff defeating the government over the budget and holding out for a coalition with the NDP and the Bloc. That Bill would be called "C-Iggy on the opposition's front bench". And it would be passed directly by Canadians by first reading in a following election. No second or third reading. :lol:

Allow a free vote in the HoC on the issue. Many BQ MP's are RC same to Liberals and many are anti abortion. I'd like to see how everyone would vote.

For the record I don't want to see it banned just restricted to incest, rape or danger to the mother cases.

This abortion on demand as a contraceptive is just plain stupid.

I agree mostly with this post. I really don't understand how people can stomach a woman getting an abortion after an argument with her bf when she's 8 months along. Killing of fetus that could survive is murder as far as I'm concerned. I am applauded that we tax payers pay for it.

Drea - I know a lot of people who support welfare programs(Including myself) who feel this way. Enough with the stereotypes.

I agree mostly with this post. I really don't understand how people can stomach a woman getting an abortion after an argument with her bf when she's 8 months along. Killing of fetus that could survive is murder as far as I'm concerned. I am applauded that we tax payers pay for it.

Drea - I know a lot of people who support welfare programs(Including myself) who feel this way. Enough with the stereotypes.

Yes you are right women only get abortions to get back at their boyfriends. You are so ignorant.

Yes you are right women only get abortions to get back at their boyfriends. You are so ignorant.

Sorry if I implied this, I was just using this as an extreme example of how having zero abortion laws allows terrible acts to happen legally, and funded by the government. I know 3rd trimester abortions make up probably far less than 5% of abortions, but to me selective abortions during the 3rd trimester is by far the worst events done by our society.

I don't believe that Canada will ever ban abortion, but I wish 3rd trimester abortion without medical reasons should be out-lawed. I am unsure why the government pays for legal abortions in this country, when it doesn't pay for any other form of birth control. Also, why are we not fully funding the medication for people having problems getting pregnant in this country, just ending them.

Why is it the governments responsibility to fund birth control? I would draw a line right in front of that one. The funding of abortions is a place where no politician with a brain will go. I would suggest that detractors go the way of the court system with a constitutional challenge to deal with their displeasure of existing policy. Making politicians take a stand on this issue is way too divisive at this or any other time and with that in mind I believe it to be counter productive and not in the best interests of the nation as a whole.