Tory MP Rod Brinooge abortion bill

I agree mostly with this post. I really don't understand how people can stomach a woman getting an abortion after an argument with her bf when she's 8 months along. Killing of fetus that could survive is murder as far as I'm concerned. I am applauded that we tax payers pay for it.

Get a grip dude and educate yourself:

Even though there's no gestational limits in Canada, over 90% of abortions are done in the first trimester, only 2-3% are done after 16 weeks, and no doctor does abortions past 20 or 21 weeks except for compelling health or genetic reasons. Our overall abortion rate is about 16 per 1000 women of child-bearing age per year, a fairly low rate compared to other developed countries. And about 80% of Canadian women use some form of contraception (compared to 64% of American women).link

Nothing like fudging the numbers to spread your agenda is there?

Edited by BC_chick

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about letting the woman have her own opinion even if different than her husband's and how about letting her speak for herself as opposed to being treated like a child?

How's that for not being 'chauvinistic'?

If you really want to be even-handed, BC, you'll let her make the decision to raise a child only for herself, and allow the man to opt out.

Why is it women can choose not to have a child, to avoid that particular responsibility, but a man cannot make a similar decision? If she decides to abort the child that's that. If she decides to carry the child to term and raise it, he's stuck with paying child support for 18 years.

Why is it women can choose not to have a child, to avoid that particular responsibility, but a man cannot make a similar decision?

Argus, are you suffering from Womb envy?

womb envy

Womb envy, a term coined by Karen Horney, is the neo-Freudian feminist equivalent of penis envy. Horney suggests that it is the unexpressed anxiety felt by some men over women's ability to give birth
Edited by madmax

If you really want to be even-handed, BC, you'll let her make the decision to raise a child only for herself, and allow the man to opt out.

Why is it women can choose not to have a child, to avoid that particular responsibility, but a man cannot make a similar decision? If she decides to abort the child that's that. If she decides to carry the child to term and raise it, he's stuck with paying child support for 18 years.

A fathers role in the animal kingdom - you know the one we live in regretably - is not to be a support machine ($) - but to be a PROTECTOR....but if you attempt to protect as you see fit you are penalized..protecting your own children - born and not yet born is frowned upon. As far as supporting a child - what you toss in the garbage daily is enough to sustain a young human being - but we will continue to practice race suicide through abortion and continue to import others from other nations - and this will go on till we are all gone.

Why is it women can choose not to have a child, to avoid that particular responsibility, but a man cannot make a similar decision?

Because it's our body. Them's the breaks in life, you can't complain about it any more than I can about why I can't pee standing up.

If she decides to abort the child that's that. If she decides to carry the child to term and raise it, he's stuck with paying child support for 18 years.

Wear a condom.

Edited by BC_chick

Because it's our body. Them's the breaks in life, you can't complain about it any more than I can about why I can't pee standing up.

Wear a condom.

so birth control is strickly a male concern?

Abortion should not be used as birth control.

All this topic does is point the need for education of both men and women of being socially responsible. So far it is pointed out that women now have the legal right to abort their pregnancy on a whim and taxpayers are on the hook for it.

What's so wrong with teaching people of both sexes from an early age that sex before marriage is bad as is irresponsible teen sex. A return of teaching traditional family values is clearly what society needs. Is that really so bad?

All this topic does is point the need for education of both men and women of being socially responsible. So far it is pointed out that women now have the legal right to abort their pregnancy on a whim and taxpayers are on the hook for it.

What's so wrong with teaching people of both sexes from an early age that sex before marriage is bad as is irresponsible teen sex. A return of teaching traditional family values is clearly what society needs. Is that really so bad?

Yes, because teenager have sex whether you teach it or not. They have been having sex for thousands of years, ignoring parents, priests, politicians and everyone else. Teenagers don't give a damn, that's part of being a teenager. Besides "traditional family values" tended to be either shotgun weddings or the family doctor performing the abortion very quietly.

The world you believe existing never did exist. It's a fantasy of social conservative reactionaries.

Yes, because teenager have sex whether you teach it or not. They have been having sex for thousands of years, ignoring parents, priests, politicians and everyone else. Teenagers don't give a damn, that's part of being a teenager. Besides "traditional family values" tended to be either shotgun weddings or the family doctor performing the abortion very quietly.

The world you believe existing never did exist. It's a fantasy of social conservative reactionaries.

If teachers can brainwash kids into believing we're all equal then they can do anything.

If teachers can brainwash kids into believing we're all equal then they can do anything.

WTF does this even mean? What are you blathering on about? You're just about as bad as Oleg for just shooting off in another direction, expecting everyone to try to keep up with the bizarre neural malfunctions that make up your thought processes.

WTF does this even mean? What are you blathering on about? You're just about as bad as Oleg for just shooting off in another direction, expecting everyone to try to keep up with the bizarre neural malfunctions that make up your thought processes.

I think you've just described modern conservativism.

ROTFLMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Wear a condom.

In other words, equality is not something you feel is particularly necessary if we're discussing the male side of the equation.

I actually like this flip sort of reply. It so amply demonstrates your _complete_ lack of interest or concern in the law forcing men to bear a responsibility you feel women should not have to face.

You're nothing but a hypocrite.

Teachers have our kids in public schools for 8 hours a day and in that time they teach kids how they should think, instill pc goodness into them. If they can do that they can also fill their heads with traditional family values. Easy enough to follow now?

Teachers have our kids in public schools for 8 hours a day and in that time they teach kids how they should think, instill pc goodness into them. If they can do that they can also fill their heads with traditional family values. Easy enough to follow now?

And I'm telling you "traditional family values" are largely a farce. Traditional families had to deal all the time with teen pregnancies, and the usual method in the olden days was to marry the young couple and do some clever arithmetic so their firstborn wasn't a bastard.

At any rate, teaching kids to treat each other with respect and dignity doesn't sound so bad to me. I find it odd that you think that is bad. I realize you're a religious bigot who wants every kid to be taught that Jesus is Best and, regardless of what religion they may be, they're losers if they don't accept your narrow-minded prejudices, but there's a point where one has to ask "What is your problem? Why do you hate so many people? And why do you think you're so much better than everyone else when you betray such incredible ignorance of history, politics, society and damned near everything else?"

In other words, equality is not something you feel is particularly necessary if we're discussing the male side of the equation.

I actually like this flip sort of reply. It so amply demonstrates your _complete_ lack of interest or concern in the law forcing men to bear a responsibility you feel women should not have to face.

You're nothing but a hypocrite.

You're clearly misunderstanding something here. If there is a social inequality which we can address, ie unequal pay for equal work, it needs to be addressed. If the issue is biological, there is nothing we can do about it. A woman's body is the vessel for carrying a child, until modern medicine comes up with an alternative, it's her body, her choice.

And I'm telling you "traditional family values" are largely a farce. Traditional families had to deal all the time with teen pregnancies, and the usual method in the olden days was to marry the young couple and do some clever arithmetic so their firstborn wasn't a bastard.

At any rate, teaching kids to treat each other with respect and dignity doesn't sound so bad to me. I find it odd that you think that is bad. I realize you're a religious bigot who wants every kid to be taught that Jesus is Best and, regardless of what religion they may be, they're losers if they don't accept your narrow-minded prejudices, but there's a point where one has to ask "What is your problem? Why do you hate so many people? And why do you think you're so much better than everyone else when you betray such incredible ignorance of history, politics, society and damned near everything else?"

Ah, you sell yourselves short. Just look how god you've done with gay rights, womens rights and visable minorities. Surely you could do more to curb the teen sex issue and the fact that childhood is getting shorter and shorter, right?

Do Muslims teach their kids that their God/Gods isn't best? Do Hindus? Do Sihks? Do Jews?

You're clearly misunderstanding something here. If there is a social inequality which we can address, ie unequal pay for equal work, it needs to be addressed. If the issue is biological, there is nothing we can do about it. A woman's body is the vessel for carrying a child, until modern medicine comes up with an alternative, it's her body, her choice.

Oh yes, it's her choice. In fact, even after it's out of her body _it's STILL her choice_. She can look at it, decide she'd rather be spending her time partying, and chuck the baby away without any effort at all. That's not biological. It's legal. Society says that a woman cannot be forced to be responsible for her child before it's born OR after it's born. In fact, even if she takes it home, and decides, three or four or five years later, that the kid is too much trouble, she's free to just dump it and carry on with her life.

A man, on the other hand, has no choice in either case. How is it we can force a man to be responsible for his child's well-being but not a woman?

So if it is indeed her choice to abort it's also her choice to keep and give birth right?

Why do men need to take responsibility for her choices and pay for the child if she keeps it when men have no options?

No you could'nt...You take yourself too seriously!!! :lol:;)

You have a sense of humour Jack. A rare commodity these days.

You're right that capricorns tend to take themselves too seriously at times.

These people, as a rule, are serious individuals, beneath their reserve there is a sensitive and sympathetic person and anyone who needs a strong shoulder to lean on needn't look further than the CAPRICORN. One of their more striking characteristics is their subtle sense of humor.

http://www.gotohoroscope.com/capricorn-meanings.html

BTW, it's my birthday tomorrow so I thought an astrological lesson would be fitting (for you and for me). ;):)

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Happy Birthday...And Happy New Year to you and yours,as well...

And remember never to take politics or politicians too seriously.After what I've seen over the last few months,a comedian could'nt make this stuff up! ;)

My birthday is in exactly 6 months and 4 days...I guess that makes me a Cancer...

No Jokes!!!!! :lol: