The Reason Harper Won!

wulf42

These articles are the reason the Man won.........Canada is finally heading in the right direction..................Never again can we let the Liberals

Govern this country......not ever............i have never been more proud to be Canadian than now......Blue forever!!!

http://election.globaltv.com/topstorydetai...mp;postid=47416

and this

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-07...da-arctic_N.htm

and of course this.....!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/05/17/...ry-changes.html

Edited by wulf42

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want blue forever and I'm a card carrying/active CPC member.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Liberals have proved that. They now feel that are the only party fit to govern. Because of their long reign in power their arrogance has grown so massive that they cannot see the errors they have been making. They even didn't feel that Adscam was a big deal at all.

If the CPC remains in power for the next 13 years the same thing will happen.

I think that after 10 years the government should change.

We've just had 13 years of Liberals, now Canada needs 10 years of a conservative government then I'll most likely be looking for a change as well.

Edited by Charles Anthony
deleted re-copied Opening Post

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Liberals have proved that. They now feel that are the only party fit to govern. Because of their long reign in power their arrogance has grown so massive that they cannot see the errors they have been making. They even didn't feel that Adscam was a big deal at all.

We've just had 13 years of Liberals, now Canada needs 10 years of a conservative government then I'll most likely be looking for a change as well.

I think a party should be able to govern as long as the people keep electing it.....and that won't happen forever.

I am not so sure..................if Canada ever elects Liberals in again...it will truly finish this country...................their corruption will long be remembered and we can never allowed them to lead this country again, the Conservatives are taking the right path now if in ten years they

become corrupt as the Liberals were then of course they too will be tossed out....but i just can't imagine anything worse than a Liberal.

I think a party should be able to govern as long as the people keep electing it.....and that won't happen forever.

For any party, absolutely correct.

It will probably take another 6 or 7 years until the LPC has it's affairs in order and a reasonable person in place as leader.

EDIT-They have a lot of recovery to do after all that money was stolen during the Adscam program.

Edited by Mr.Canada

For any party, absolutely correct.

It will probably take another 6 or 7 years until the LPC has it's affairs in order and a reasonable person in place as leader.

EDIT-They have a lot of recovery to do after all that money was stolen during the Adscam program.

Adscam was done by QUEBEC LiBS and there is no one that was involved in that scam in the LIB party today. I too, hope they could recover the money and I also hope Harper pays back the 1.2 MIL that they took from expenses in the last election that wasn't allowed and give it back to us taxpayers.

Adscam was done by QUEBEC LiBS and there is no one that was involved in that scam in the LIB party today. I too, hope they could recover the money and I also hope Harper pays back the 1.2 MIL that they took from expenses in the last election that wasn't allowed and give it back to us taxpayers.

Nobody except Mr. Dion of course.

RH Stephan Harper is PM because he was the best leader out of the choices. Plain, simple and easy to understand. Even a good percentage of people who voted for the LPC agreed that the PM has the best vision for the country, is the best party leader and has the best leadership qualities.

I imagine there were people saying much the same thing in 1957 after the Liberal pipeline scandal. I remember hearing people vow to never vote conservative after the Mulroney era.

I think it's reasonable to say that the longer a party is in power the more likely it is that they will do something to piss the public off. These things go in cycles. The lukewarm response to the Conservatives should be indication enough that the nation will not be "Blue forever."

RH Stephan Harper is PM because he was the best leader out of the choices. Plain, simple and easy to understand. Even a good percentage of people who voted for the LPC agreed that the PM has the best vision for the country, is the best party leader and has the best leadership qualities.
That's like saying Curly was the smartest of the Three Stooges.

I'm sorry but RH Stephen Harper just ran a disastrous campaign. He's had over two years to make himself comfortable to Canadians and he's watered down to almost non-existence his conservative beliefs. And despite all this, "he didn't get it done".

David Frum and you can be optimists and see the glass as half full but I don't. As far as I'm concerned, Harper's campaign in Quebec was so bad that he doesn't deserve to remain as PM.

Anyway, the question is largely moot at this point. Nature abhors a vacuum and the Liberals are not going to let this vacuum exist for long. Quebec voters are up for grabs (and by consequence, many Ontario & Maritime voters are also up for grabs). It's clear that Harper doesn't know how to get them so I'll guess that Ignatieff does know.

I'm willing to bet that Harper will be in Stornoway this time next year.

Quebec voters are up for grabs (and by consequence, many Ontario & Maritime voters are also up for grabs).
Quebec voters aren't "up for grabs". They will play footsie with any Anglo leader that tries to cater to their whims but when decision times come they will go scurrying back to the BQ. The liberals aren't going to be able to do any better with any of the leadership contenters which call come from outside quebec.

This attitude has not gone un-noticed in the rest of Canada so your suggestion that Ontario and Martime voters put a lot of weight on who can win Quebec is old thinking.

You have made a lot of definitive predictions on this forum. I curious what your track record is. Edited by Riverwind

That's like saying Curly was the smartest of the Three Stooges.

I'm sorry but RH Stephen Harper just ran a disastrous campaign. He's had over two years to make himself comfortable to Canadians and he's watered down to almost non-existence his conservative beliefs. And despite all this, "he didn't get it done".

David Frum and you can be optimists and see the glass as half full but I don't. As far as I'm concerned, Harper's campaign in Quebec was so bad that he doesn't deserve to remain as PM.

Anyway, the question is largely moot at this point. Nature abhors a vacuum and the Liberals are not going to let this vacuum exist for long. Quebec voters are up for grabs (and by consequence, many Ontario & Maritime voters are also up for grabs). It's clear that Harper doesn't know how to get them so I'll guess that Ignatieff does know.

That was a funny read, thank you.

If the RH Stephen Harper's campaign was disastrous then Mr. Dion('s) was just plain bad.

The entire Liberal platform was this - Vote us in and we'll raise your taxes, oh and by the way, we have no plan or policy but don't fret we'll spend the first 30 days in office trying to come up with some policy as right now we don't have one. -

Basically Mr. Dion was saying - just trust me-

We've been there before. The last time Canadians trusted the Liberal party, we uncovered Adscam and countless RCMP investigations.

If the RH Stephen Harper's campaign was disastrous then Mr. Dion('s) was just plain bad.

The entire Liberal platform was this - Vote us in and we'll raise your taxes, oh and by the way, we have no plan or policy but don't fret we'll spend the first 30 days in office trying to come up with some policy as right now we don't have one. -

Basically Mr. Dion was saying - just trust me-

We've been there before. The last time Canadians trusted the Liberal party, we uncovered Adscam and countless RCMP investigations.

But see, Harper won't be running against Dion the next time and the next time is going to come very soon - as soon as the Liberals get their new leader.

Harper had an excellent chance to win a majority, make the Conservatives a national party and put Canada sort-of back together. Instead, he blew it.

And people say that Harper's claim to fame is that he's the master strategist!

But see, Harper won't be running against Dion the next time and the next time is going to come very soon - as soon as the Liberals get their new leader.

Harper had an excellent chance to win a majority, make the Conservatives a national party and put Canada sort-of back together. Instead, he blew it.

And people say that Harper's claim to fame is that he's the master strategist!

The Liberals will always be connected with the corruption from the Chretien years ... from the Fiasco Gun Control which the costs are over a billion dollars and gun crime hasn't subsided one bit.........( you see criminals don't register their guns...lol) to their pathetic views on Justice (young offenders act) and of course the Sponsorship scandal...and to screwing the military over completely...hell they wouldn't even get them new helicopters ..............they will never get a chance at power again...heck they will be lucky to survive as a party at all...lol.............Allan Rock when he was Justice minister once stated only Soldiers or Police should have guns which leads one to believe the Liberals were on their way to weapon confication!..........well as i speak the Gun Registry is being scrapped for Non-restricted weapons for hunters and sportsmen... it is before Parliament now according to the Canadian Firearms Center website ................it doesn't matter who the Liberals have as their leader.............they are finished!!!......This country is finally heading in the right direction....this election just proved the Conservatives are gaining ground.....they are stronger now than before the election..........get used to it!!............. Canada has gone Conservative!

Edited by wulf42

The Liberals will always be connected with the corruption from the Chretien years

Maybe in your mind, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

get used to it!!............. Canada has gone Conservative!

Thats just wishful thinking. Canada will vote Liberal again.

Conservatives are gaining ground.....they are stronger now than before the election..........get used to it!!............. Canada has gone Conservative!

Really? Seems what we saw a very small percentage in the size of the vote for the Tories.

Many of the present Conservatives are past members of the Mulroney's government including Harper. Seems to me that many said they would never vote Tory again based on the Mulroney connection.

....Thats just wishful thinking. Canada will vote Liberal again.

Perhaps...but for now Canada has affirmed the preference for PM Harper and the CPC. With all of the strident claims of "Harper-Bush" and "NeoCons", it may be longer than you think.

Dion claimed, "BUSH BUSH! BUSH BUSH!" ....who was re-elected after all...who would think that the third term would come in Canada?

Maybe in your mind, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Thats just wishful thinking. Canada will vote Liberal again.

I would bet the farm on it!!!..........lol....... Canada has spoken.. Conservative forever!......... oh and you can thank the Liberal dark years for that!

http://thetyee.ca/Views/2008/10/14/CanTories/

And no Canada won't vote Liberal ever again.............the Liberal party is finished in Canada, the NDP are likely to become the opposition party!

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/features...f5-399ce2c232b7

Edited by wulf42

I would bet the farm on it!!!..........lol....... Canada has spoken.. Conservative forever!......... oh and you can thank the Liberal dark years for that!

You quoted an article that gives a mixed message on whether Canadians are becoming more conservative. Canadians are certainly fiscal conservatives. We'll see if they will continue to support the Tories if they can't stop their excessive spending. If they go into deficit, all bets are off.

And no Canada won't vote Liberal ever again.............the Liberal party is finished in Canada, the NDP are likely to become the opposition party!

You quoted a September 26 article to support your argument. The fact is that NDP is a distant fourth.

I forgot making Canadians more braindead and apathetic to enfranchisement in a political system that is marred in red tape, undemocratic values, and bias against youth and the poor.

The reason Harper won...

conceiling information,

lies,

and manipulation of public perception

a cowish population that had no alternative

and vote rigging

and previous election fraud.

Edited by William Ashley