Omar Khadr's Sister on Hunger Strike

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope she lives to feel the shame of inflicting insult on those that gave the Muslim creep Chistain charity by bringing them into the country - they forget - our values evolved from the values of Christ - and Muslim values resulted through the aggressive forced conversion by the sword - when you come to Christendom - leave your god damned sword at home - Jeezzz - Even Christ would give her a smack for spitting in the face of those that showed the family mercey via immigration.

I would'nt say idealogy making all the difference, but rather actions....your actions makes all the difference.

But of course it does - e.g. very often it'll dictate what your actions will be. Such kute little child soldiers - need hugs kisses and protection - till it hits home of course - when they turn evil incarnate.

Who (or what) does it? The "object" is the same - 15 year old in an unhuman desperate situation. No, it's something here, inside our own brains.

But of course it does - e.g. very often it'll dictate what your actions will be. Such kute little child soldiers - need hugs kisses and protection - till it hits home of course - when they turn evil incarnate.

Who (or what) does it? The "object" is the same - 15 year old in an unhuman desperate situation. No, it's something here, inside our own brains.

The reason i say actions is this, i'll use your African child soldiers, abducted and beaten into submission, and his life or families lives threaten to fight for a war lord....but that very child knows what they are about to do is wrong....it is here they must decide ....it is thier actions that will determine thier fate....kill inocent people and live, or die so inocent people will live....you make the chioce and carry it out with actions....

The reason i say actions is this, i'll use your African child soldiers, abducted and beaten into submission, and his life or families lives threaten to fight for a war lord....but that very child knows what they are about to do is wrong....it is here they must decide ....it is thier actions that will determine thier fate....kill inocent people and live, or die so inocent people will live....you make the chioce and carry it out with actions....

Children do not have the legal responsibility to make those decisions.

Omar is a child soldier.

You angry and violent people are either abused children or certifiable adults.

Edited by tango

The reason i say actions is this, i'll use your African child soldiers, abducted and beaten into submission, and his life or families lives threaten to fight for a war lord....but that very child knows what they are about to do is wrong....

How easy we submit to rationalization; this 15 year old could, that - couldn't. This influence matters, that - doesn't. What we do is good, they - evil. And it always has to be we, us, who decide what is what.

This is ideology, pure and simple.

Edited by myata

Do you realize that once you make an unfounded generalization such as that you have, in effect, conceded your point.

As for his sister, well in all honesty I couldn't give a rats ass how long she starves herself for and certainly not about any of the self serving sanctimonious bull she's now spouting to justify the families actions.

She wants to starve, well she can just go right ahead and fill er boots.

Edited by AngusThermopyle

but that very child knows what they are about to do is wrong....it is here they must decide ....it is thier actions that will determine thier fate....kill inocent people and live, or die so inocent people will live....you make the chioce and carry it out with actions....

You're officially an idiot.

Not so much because you have a ratio of one spelling mistake per sentence, but rather that you're dumb enough to believe that CHILDREN have the same capacity to make major decisions as adults do.

If Mens Rea can apply to children, hell, why aren't they smart enough to buy a house, right? I know a bunch of sub-prime mortgages who'd love to head down to your neighbourhood elementary school.

Children do not have the legal responsibility to make those decisions.

Omar is a child soldier.

In this country they do not have a legal responsibilty, but in many other 3 rd world countries they do...that being said are you saying that any 15 year old can't not tell the difference from right or wrong, that taking a life forcefully is not wrong...

Here in Afgan this happens on a daily basis, children are armed and are making life and death decisions everyday for other people. And they are very much aware of what they are doing...Here they are treated like any other insurgent, does that make me an angry and violent person, perhaps but maybe you hav'nt been on the recieving end of automatic wpns fire by one of these little darlings...

Question for all of you . . .

How hateful and petty do you have to be to make Khadr's sister look classier than you?

Who cares? I know I won't lose one moment of sleep over her or her terrorist family. On the otherhand, I would gladly pay for a maple leaf cold cut sandwich when she gets off her diet.

You're officially an idiot.

You have those kind of powers, it must be a huge responsibilty,to sit back and wave your wand for a few spelling mistakes, and something you may know nothing about....but your the man who am I to argue...

Not so much because you have a ratio of one spelling mistake per sentence, but rather that you're dumb enough to believe that CHILDREN have the same capacity to make major decisions as adults do.

Do, you have Kids, are you telling me right now, that they don't know right from wrong, that they don't KNOW that they can not kill another human by any means....Do they kill or torture dogs and cats, do they beat other kids with a 2 X4 ....why is that....because they know it's wrong and they can make those kind of MAJOR decisions all by themselves. or is it at the age 16 they suddenly get these so call MAJOR decision powers....

So don't tell me that don't have the capacity to make major decisions such as "should I kill all these people with this AK 47" which is what we where talking about... Would I trust a child with getting or setting up my mortgage...NO, but I can tell you this, Some the Kids around here are armed with AK 47's and they are very much aware of the destructive power that they can deliver, and they are very much aware that over here it's not a game, there is no respawn, that death is violent and final..

And because of that, they have to be treated and judged as adult enemy combattants. No wait, we do like chile soldiers, in Africa? A kind of abstract love, when it doesn't hit us.

Welcome to our world of enlightened liberating democracy. Or all justifying ideology?

That's not my point at all, On the battlefield their is no such thing as a child soldier, every person that is armed, or posing a threat is a legal combatant and can be engaged...

It is after the battle is over and it is found out that the POW's are children that there special treatment is afforded, which really is not much different than their adult partners in crime. What I disagree with is the way they are to be punished for their crimes....With people getting all teary eyed when it comes down to sentencing, he's just a child, so if he'd done this when he was 16 could we give he life...and still be able to live with that...

It is not the first time that a child has been tried as an adult...for serious crimes and offences. the excuse that they are just children does not wash, they must be held accountable for their actions....suggesting to me that a 15 year old is not able to make a major decision is a crock, in just one years time here in Canada he will be given the right to drive, chose his career paths, etc etc ,,,all of those a major decision...

OK, I see, your point is being, that there's no such thing as a child soldier (and by extension, young offender, child labourer, child victim of sex crime, and so on). Everybody is an adult and should be treated as such. Did I understand you correctly, this time?

14+ under US law can be tried for a cime as an adult

14 under Cannot.

I don't know what Canada's Laws are like but to me, thats grounds for considering him a legal combatant and not a child soldier

I'm more interested in the nature of things than in their legal interpretations (in which US law in particular appears to be quite stretchy - e.g. it does not allow arbitrary detentions, but it doesn't apply to certain territories, etc).

So, is it correct, that everybody above 14 years of age should be considered an adult, period. Because if we assume that they are capable to behave with mental emotional etc capacity of adult in extremely dangerous and stressful situations, we'll have to assume that they'll have to behave like adults always. Correct?

I'm more interested in the nature of things than in their legal interpretations (in which US law in particular appears to be quite stretchy - e.g. it does not allow arbitrary detentions, but it doesn't apply to certain territories, etc).

So, is it correct, that everybody above 14 years of age should be considered an adult, period. Because if we assume that they are capable to behave with mental emotional etc capacity of adult in extremely dangerous and stressful situations, we'll have to assume that they'll have to behave like adults always. Correct?

In regards to Child soldiers I would say yes. In fact in regards in any act of a violent nature yes.