Hezbollah activating sleeper cells in Canada?

I guess the big question is do we believe the report...or what? The ol' wait n' see?...build bomb shelters?...expell Lebanese males?...hang the flag upside down?...hord rice?...put out the cat?...read Finnigan's Wake? Help me out here... I've seen no 'sleeper cell' activity in my area...but then I haven't been out in the backyard, yet.

:lol::lol:

CBC News, June 19, 2008 : Hezbollah activating sleeper cells in Canada: report

The militant group Hezbollah has activated suspected "sleeper cells" in Canada and is poised to launch attacks against "Jewish targets" beyond the Middle East, according to a report.

ABC News is reporting that, according to intelligence officials, suspected Hezbollah operatives have conducted recent surveillance on the Israeli embassy in Ottawa and several synagogues in Toronto. Hezbollah is being helped by Iran's elite Revolutionary Group, the officials said.

But they also told ABC News there is no credible information on a specific target.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/06/19/h...lah-canada.html

Sign of the times, I suppose. Here's the ABC link to paroooose.

----------------------------------------------------

Consequences, schmonsequences!

---Daffy Duck

Edited by DogOnPorch

Now if the LIbs asked the Cons in Question Period if this was true the answer would be ....because of security we can't answer this question....so why would the news report it because if its true they just tipped off Hellbollah. Is it the fear factor again since it worked so well in the US.

Topaz: UPDATE...by the news its because Harper has taken the side of Israel that makes Canada a possible target. I say to Hezbollah take it up (with) Harper and the Cons .

If we want to get right down to it, I suppose there could be Hezbollah 'sleeper cells' in Canada simple due to the numbers of Lebanese present in country. Australia could claim the same... Sort of like out of 'x' number of Torontonians you'll get 'y' number of Toronto Maple Leaf fans.

Either way, said 'sleeper cells' wouldn't ask you who you voted for before detonating a car bomb.

------------------------------------------

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

---Andy Rooney

If a sleeper cell did engage in terrorist activity in Canada, do you think liberals would actually blame Harper, or would that just be your Buffycat types?

That's a good question.....I suppose there are a minority of Canadians who would blame PM Harper for "making Canada a target". You can see it in their fearsome posts right here.....don't dare make the big bad terrorists angry at us! Make friends with the Taliban just like Jack. :lol:

we don't believe, because the article is speculative, and unsubstantiated.

but it is fantastic!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Reports of Hezbollah in Canada unsubstantiated: expert

A terror expert says reports about Hezbollah's presence in North America are unsubstantiated, and the organization has no reason to attack on Canadian soil

'If CSIS picked up these guys coming from the Middle East, and they're under surveillance, why would a reporter in the U.S. be given that information?"

maybe cause the information came from the Pentagon PR talking head?

I laughed when I read this. IMO, pure fear mongering.

Like the TO 18.

a bunch of monkey's infiltrated by 3? or more? undercover agents, who seemed to be running the zoo.

Is Israel/US getting ready to attack someone and Canada needs to be onside.

Lebanon again?

fear, is such a great manipulator.

booga booga

Edited by kuzadd

I guess the big question is do we believe the report...or what? The ol' wait n' see?...build bomb shelters?...expell Lebanese males?...hang the flag upside down?...hord rice?...put out the cat?...read Finnigan's Wake? Help me out here... I've seen no 'sleeper cell' activity in my area...but then I haven't been out in the backyard, yet.

:lol::lol:

Sign of the times, I suppose. Here's the ABC link to paroooose.

----------------------------------------------------

Consequences, schmonsequences!

---Daffy Duck

I think the chances of something happening are kind of remote. How many times have we heard about "Chatter" regarding a large attack ? How many times has an attack happened ? Would Hezbolah want to risk its fundraising efforts here by doing something like that ?

It could be different this time because the chatter does not take media attention from the latest Bush administration scandal.....but still "chatter" has been useless in predicting anything