Why So Insulting?

Shady

Why does UShaditComing have to be so insulting toward our American neighbours? I can understand someone who may disagree with the current Administration's domestic and/or foreign policy. I can understand someone who disagrees with past Administration's policy. But I don't understand why someone has to be so insulting and disrespectful in their posts toward America and American's as a whole. And it seems to travel from thread to thread no matter what the topic.

:unsure:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me you have nothing to worry about. (look at his profile)
Thanks. It's too bad he couldn't have been more sane about things. It could have been interesting. Maybe he'll learn if given another chance. However, when his first post in the Spitzer thread brought up waterboarding and killing Iraqi's, one could tell there'd be problems. Oh well.

Why does UShaditComing have to be so insulting toward our American neighbours?

I'm not sure, I think I know why.

I think that racism goes beyond the bounds of culture and skin colour. I think racism extends to ideologies and people of the same ethnic background .

I would say that the person in question showed the truest form of racism. It was non dependant on colour or place of birth, neither was it based on an ideal of the common good.

Just silly ideas and ego.

Why so insulting???

Well that IS the norm around here isn't it??????

buffy...

Just to point out that you are insulting the entire membership by refering to the board/forum as 'inane' (another post). You may have major differences with about a dozen posters here...but that hardly constitutes the entire board. Just enjoy the ride...not everyone is going to agree with you. But who knows? Maybe some on this 'inane board' would...given a chance.

--------------------------------------------

Beep! Beep!

---The Roadrunner

I admit when I saw the thread title I thought it was refering to the general behaviour on these boards and not singling out one particular poster.

Posters are regularly insulted and belittled on these boards. It has been going on since before I signed up and although a few ofthe worst have been dismissed it still continues within the limitted boundaries set out by admin. I just figure it is common practice around here.

I admit when I saw the thread title I thought it was refering to the general behaviour on these boards and not singling out one particular poster.

Posters are regularly insulted and belittled on these boards. It has been going on since before I signed up and although a few ofthe worst have been dismissed it still continues within the limitted boundaries set out by admin. I just figure it is common practice around here.

I can see why you'd think that, and I've definitely noticed that type of thing going on. However...

People of the forum

I have decided that I would like to be the Barack Obama of this forum. If it helps, think of me as Barack Shady Obama. I would like to try and unite all of us, and move past the usual left/right battles that we so easily fall into, over and over again. We need to discuss issues, together, acknowledging that each of us wants the best for our country, and our world. We may choose different paths, but the goal is ultimately the same. The differences we may have with eachother derives not from the destination we seek, but the means to get there.

Thank you, and God bless you all.

I can see why you'd think that, and I've definitely noticed that type of thing going on. However...

People of the forum

I have decided that I would like to be the Barack Obama of this forum. If it helps, think of me as Barack Shady Obama. I would like to try and unite all of us, and move past the usual left/right battles that we so easily fall into, over and over again. We need to discuss issues, together, acknowledging that each of us wants the best for our country, and our world. We may choose different paths, but the goal is ultimately the same. The differences we may have with eachother derives not from the destination we seek, but the means to get there.

Oh Shady, can I swipe this and post it on another forum where I also hang out? There has been an uproar there this past week and this would just fit the bill.

Oh Shady, can I swipe this and post it on another forum where I also hang out? There has been an uproar there this past week and this would just fit the bill.
Absolutely. In fact, you could be known as Barack Carinthia Obama.

People of the forum

I have to agree, Shady, there is a lot of personal sniping lately, and I'm certainly not above it, much as I'd like to be. Part of it is the left/right battles, as you say, but I think part of it also is the number of long time posters here who know each other well enough (as well as you can know someone on an internet forum) to know what will push buttons. Its like when my kids have been cooped up too long in the house, and start picking at each other, just to see how far they can push it. We all need to go outside and play, and not come in until we can get along. I'll do my best to restrict my posts to debating issues.

Thank you, and may the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with his Noodly Appendage.

WOW Shady, all that was missing is the national anthem playing in the background, maybe the flag blowing in the breeze, and you'd have had all of standing and saluting....

good post.

Shady if your not a speech writer for a political candidate, you should be. Enjoyed the post too.

Why so insulting???

Well that IS the norm around here isn't it??????

Just hut up Buffy. No I was joking Buffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All kidding aside, Shady some of us can be a bit biting. But in regards to the need to put down Americans, I think you will find it a human tendency to assign negative attributes to many perceived groups during political discussions. Stereotyping is unfortunately very much a common human tendency and its often done in my opinion by trendy leftists as much as it is done by what we think are more typical bigots.

As for Buffy, she is a dirty commie anyways. I am joking Buffy.

Uniting people is quite something. Ever seen cats in heat? I believe the anology is the same with humans.

Edited by Rue

Guest American Woman
....in regards to the need to put down Americans, I think you will find it a human tendency to assign negative attributes to many perceived groups during political discussions. Stereotyping is unfortunately very much a common human tendency and its often done in my opinion by trendy leftists as much as it is done by what we think are more typical bigots.

The need to put down Americans isn't just confined to political discussions-- I've run into it when I'm on vacation simply because I'm an American. For whatever reason, being PC doesn't seem to apply to us. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it; especially since I believe in the philosophy 'let he who is witout sin cast the first stone.' In other words, there really should be no stone throwing at all.

American Women, some Canadians need to blame the US for all that is broken in Canada and around the globe. Pay them no heed, the people of the US are what makes America GREAT not your President.

Personally Shady I can't stand Obama, he's a bigot like his pastor. One can't spend twenty years listening to hatred hurled at "Whites" and not absorb some of that hatred. He's all fluff, no substance.

The need to put down Americans isn't just confined to political discussions-- I've run into it when I'm on vacation simply because I'm an American. For whatever reason, being PC doesn't seem to apply to us. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it; especially since I believe in the philosophy 'let he who is witout sin cast the first stone.' In other words, there really should be no stone throwing at all.

Why take it all so personally AW? There is critizism on this forum about Canadian politicians, righties and lefties, F/N, immigrants, religion, RCMP, personal attacks for one's beliefs and everything else you can think of. Why should America be given a pass here?

I'm sorry that you have encountered ignorance in your travels in Canada. That is shameful but sadly, ignorance and stereotyping is everywhere and encompasses many aspects of life in general.

Edited by Carinthia

Guest American Woman
American Women, some Canadians need to blame the US for all that is broken in Canada and around the globe. Pay them no heed, the people of the US are what makes America GREAT not your President.

Thank you. I apppreciate that. There are a lot of good Americans and I too believe that they are what makes my country great. :)

Why take it all so personally AW? There is critizism on this forum about Canadian politicians, righties and lefties, F/N, immigrants, religion, RCMP, personal attacks for one's beliefs and everything else you can think of. Why should America be given a pass here?

I'm sorry that you have encountered ignorance in your travels in Canada. That is shameful but sadly, ignorance and stereotyping is everywhere and encompasses many aspects of life in general.

First and foremost, feel I should point out that I haven't encountered ignorance/anti-Americanism in my travels to Canada nor have I ever encountered it from Canadians in other countries. I was thinking about Europeans reagarding my travels. However, my experience on this board has shown me that it most definitely does exist in Canada, too. I accept that and generally feel those who get glee out of 'shitting on the U.S. and/or Americans' can't be leading very fulfilling lives themselves. But in light of what Rue said in his post, which is what I was responding to, I was recognizing/confirming that what he said is true; and there's a difference between criticism for one's beliefs/opinions/actions and unjust disrespect/hate just because of one's nationality.

Anyway. I guess the world is what it is. Que sera sera...

Edited by American Woman