due to copyright infringement

Edited by Charles Anthony
recopying article

Islamophobia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

DELETED

due to copyright infringement

Seems you are quite prepared to call others names and not acknowledge your own probs.

Heck you cannot even steal from the computer without getting caught.

:lol::lol::lol:

So much for the fancy edjumication you managed to tell us about. Buy it in a third world country?

Borg

I'm not phobic towards ALL Muslims, just the Islamist who demand we bend over and treat their religion with superiority or they get violent. Hasn't happened in Canada.

You must have your blinders on.

Violence has not happened in Canada since there is NO political resistance against Islam.

Christianophobia exist in Canada and even members of this board attack Christians and their beliefs as well as the gay society, atheist and of course including believers of Islam.

A British MP had this to say:

He told the BBC that he had no intention of criticising people of other faiths, but wished to "recognise and protect the Christian tradition of this nation".

The debate is not about doing God or theocracy. It's about ensuring that the Christian tradition of our nation is recognised," he was quoted by the BBC as saying.

"If mainstream political parties do not recognise and protect the Christian tradition of this nation then other more extremist parties will.

"If that happens, we are in danger of Christianity being hijacked by these ambitions

I was looking for stats on how many this and how many that religion there are but ran across this instead.

It's from Library and Archives Canada (hopefully an unbiased source, unlike "Christians Today")

Religion

One can plainly see that Christianity is the main religion in Canada. But for some odd reason, Christians always think they are being "victimized". So do Jews and, as a matter of fact, so do Muslims. :blink:

Poor widdle wewigion.

Interesting way of putting it: "main religion".

Most people are little more than Christian in name; those that actually attend church, understand the Bible, truly have faith in Christ and try to lead a Christian lifestyle are in the vast minority.

Simply put, we live in a secular society; the education system is secular, the media is secular, our "culture" is secular.

Poor widdle wewigion.

...without which half (or more) of the foodbanks in Canada would be empty. Any idea how many tons of food comes into foodbanks across this country from churches? Unfortunately the atheists just never seem to get off their self-satisfied arses to do stuff like Christian charity. Too busy trying to catalogue the evils of religion, I suppose.

...without which half (or more) of the foodbanks in Canada would be empty. Any idea how many tons of food comes into foodbanks across this country from churches? Unfortunately the atheists just never seem to get off their self-satisfied arses to do stuff like Christian charity. Too busy trying to catalogue the evils of religion, I suppose.

Hey, don't stip there. Churches and synagogues and others are usually on the front lines in everything from out of the cold programmes, AA, family councelling, refugee assistance, welcoming new Canadians......

Atheists do not form a "group". Funny how the religious cannot fathom NOT being a part of a "groupthink".

I love the Salvation Army, support them every chance I get. I also do some marketing for them and they are far and above any other organization in terms of helping the poor. You see, they do not force anyone to believe... you just have to be poor, or cold, or hungry.

But my post had nothing to do with "charity" -- where'd that come from?

My post was about Christianity thinking it is "vilified" and "downtrodden" and "omg, wahhh us poor Christians get spit upon!"

Frig, cry me a river, all religions feel they are "victimized".

Notice that most atheists (once again, not a group of them) do not feel victimized and we take responsibility for our actions unlike the religious who have ulterior motives for everything they do -- "If I do such and such I get to go to heaven! Whoo hoo!" -- they are not helping out of the goodness of their hearts, they are helping out of fear of not getting into "heaven".

I love the Salvation Army, support them every chance I get. I also do some marketing for them and they are far and above any other organization in terms of helping the poor.

See? We do have things in common.

:)

----------------------------------------------

For what is Mysticism? Is it not the attempt to draw near to God, not by rites or ceremonies, but by inward disposition? Is it not merely a hard word for 'The Kingdom of Heaven is within'? Heaven is neither a place nor a time.

---Florence Nightingale

Leafless et al:

Since we're so interested in preserving Christianity, and the situation in Pakistan, our ally, has deteriorated, don't you think we should bring Pakistani Christians to Canada ?

Fears for Christians in Pakistan

There is no government policy relating to Christianity and immigration.

Christianity, even though it is by large, is the majority religion is not supported here in Canada by our federal and provincial governments and continues to be treated with disrespect as time progresses, even though the country was built hand in hand by government and Christianity.

Leafless,

Thanks for the news report. Now, what are YOUR feelings on this question:

'don't you think we should bring Pakistani Christians to Canada ?'

Keep in mind that Pakistani Christians are the same as Pakistani Muslims, with the exception of religion.

So you want them let into Canada right ?

Leafless,

Thanks for the news report. Now, what are YOUR feelings on this question:

'don't you think we should bring Pakistani Christians to Canada ?'

Keep in mind that Pakistani Christians are the same as Pakistani Muslims, with the exception of religion.

So you want them let into Canada right ?

Given a choice between Pakistani Muslims and Pakistani Christians I'd certainly take the Christians. They're much less likely to blow things up.

I'd rather bring in more Irish, though.

Edited by Argus

Uh, Protestant or Catholic?

You see, August, that's the thing - I really don't care. I'm not religious. The Irish, whatever the problems they had in Northern Ireland, have always managed to blend in well here, and to assimiliate their children effortlessly.

As have the Poles and Ukrainians, the Germans and Italians, the Portuguese and Dutch. Their grandchildren are not being sent back to the "homeland" to find a "proper" bride or groom. They don't go to separate clubs and temples where they speak a foreign language. They don't have contempt for the people in the rest of the country they are supposed to be part of.

And if you want to make it a racial thing, I'd far rather have any number of Asians than Muslims, preferably Japanese and Koreans. Just like I'd rather have Africans from Uganda or Tanzania than Blacks from Haiti and Jamaica. In fact, lose all the Caribbeans and bring in 2 Africans for every 1 you reduce - as long as they're not Somalians - and I'll be happy.

I've worked with a fair number of immigrants, seen a fair number, lived among them, and I have a pretty good idea of which ones - on the whole - would be statistically seen as being best for Canada if we ever undertook such tests.

Clearly, though, and I'm mystified why no one is allowed to say it - people from a technically and socially advanced, western oriented Judeo-Christian culture would be best for Canada in terms of both economic performance and cultural assimilation.

Leafless et al:

Since we're so interested in preserving Christianity, and the situation in Pakistan, our ally, has deteriorated, don't you think we should bring Pakistani Christians to Canada ?

Fears for Christians in Pakistan

I think it's a great idea, they managed to survive without being slaughtered how's that for skill. I can only imagine what great immigrants they'd be. Survival skills and will power. Good stuff, while were at it, can we accept the 200,000 refugees in the Sudan. These women and children have suffered at the hands of Arab Wahhabis, we'd have no fear of them being radical Islamist. They've tasted and suffered under that cult, and barely survived.

... have always managed to blend in well here, and to assimiliate their children effortlessly.

As have the Poles and Ukrainians, the Germans and Italians, the Portuguese and Dutch. Their grandchildren are not being sent back to the "homeland" to find a "proper" bride or groom. They don't go to separate clubs and temples where they speak a foreign language. They don't have contempt for the people in the rest of the country they are supposed to be part of.

Odd , there are at least 32 Italian Clubs in Ottawa alone, probably 10 times that many, or more, in Toronto. Woodbridge is almost all Italian. Seniors homes abound too, and the language spoken in most is Italian since a lot of the seniors living there do not speak English. The same goes for churches.

German clubs abound in Kitchener/Waterloo . They have Oktoberfest there , pretty sure it is an ethnic festival. They serve beer and brats and wear funny shorts and hats, but lets ignore that since we all like beer and brats.

Poles and Ukrainians all have their own clubs and churches, with some of them holding service in their native tongue.Wilno and Barry's Bay are full of them.

Just how did we survive the onslaught?

Jews build synagogues, Iranians build their Christian churches, Hindu's build their temples, Wiccan rent a store front as a temple,Baptists build huge Halls , all primarily used for services for the people who speak the language and follow the faith , in the language they speak.

So how are the new ones different? Or are they just the same as the ones that preceeded them?

Edited by guyser