Ahmadinejad urges world to renounce Satan; U.S. walks out

UNITED NATIONS - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad piled on the melodrama and the insults in an address to the UN General Assembly yesterday, urging hostile world powers to turn from a "path of arrogance and obedience to Satan."

What?

To turn from a path of arrogance and obedience to Satan.

Must be talking about himself.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/...ounce_sata.html

I caught about 20 minutes of his monologue yesterday live. His platitude were lovely until the point when you relaize that if you happen to disagree with their vision of truth and beauty (exact quote) they beat the soles of your feet with rods and systematiucally reduce your internal organs to mush.

Apparently Zahra Kazemi did not go along with Amanadingdong's ideals of truth and beauty . While trying to convince her that Allah was kind and loving, shje was beaten, raped, tortured...her fingernails had been pulled out, her big toe had been smashed, two fingers broken, a broken nose....a fractured skull.....they beat her till she died.

Her crime was she took pictures of something that according to Ahmadingdong doesn't happen in Iram, she took pictures of a non existant student protest.

He is nothing more than a madman, his ravings the ravings a murderous madman. God help us if he ever gets the means to help us all see his vision of truth and beauty.

One common thing in any speech I have ever heard by dictators is that they sell so much bullshit that I think they almost believe what they are saying.

Well, considering that Dr. Ahmadinejad is NOT a dictator (it is the supreme Ayatollah who is the 'dictator' or supreme ruler of Iran) you might want to reword what you are saying:

One common thing in any speech I have ever heard by POLITICIANS is that they sell so much bullshit that I think they almost believe what they are saying.

;)

BTW did you read his whole speech? Heck at least he didn't need cue cards with the phonetic pronunciation on them like Bushie did!!

edited to add link :)

Edited by buffycat

Well, considering that Dr. Ahmadinejad is NOT a dictator (it is the supreme Ayatollah who is the 'dictator' or supreme ruler of Iran) you might want to reword what you are saying:

One common thing in any speech I have ever heard by POLITICIANS is that they sell so much bullshit that I think they almost believe what they are saying.

;)

BTW did you read his whole speech? Heck at least he didn't need cue cards with the phonetic pronunciation on them like Bushie did!!

edited to add link :)

Yeah well, You can call him a politician if you like, But I never met one i didnt consider a dictator if he had the power to cut my head off for disagreeing with him openly.

Yeah well, You can call him a politician if you like, But I never met one i didnt consider a dictator if he had the power to cut my head off for disagreeing with him openly.

Well, truth be told - all our leaders have the ability to do that, it's just that it might be easier for those in theocratic regimes! :)

Personally, I have a hard time with all the rhetoric - from ALL sides.

About the only 'politician' I can abide these days is Ron Paul - I wish Canada had an equivalent!! I really think he's the cat's meow!! Great Constitutionalist, Great American, and gosh - he actually answers questions!!!

Curious as to your thoughts on him - I know you and I agree on the gun issue and I've seen a few of your posts where I have thought: RIGHT ON!!

:)

Well, truth be told - all our leaders have the ability to do that, it's just that it might be easier for those in theocratic regimes! :)

Personally, I have a hard time with all the rhetoric - from ALL sides.

About the only 'politician' I can abide these days is Ron Paul - I wish Canada had an equivalent!! I really think he's the cat's meow!! Great Constitutionalist, Great American, and gosh - he actually answers questions!!!

Curious as to your thoughts on him - I know you and I agree on the gun issue and I've seen a few of your posts where I have thought: RIGHT ON!!

:)

All too true. Politicians are like mushrooms feed em shit and keep them in the dark.

Too early to say on Ron, He would most likely get my vote though.. (provided somebody better isnt out there that i have not heard of)

All too true. Politicians are like mushrooms feed em shit and keep them in the dark.

:D:lol: I like you!!

Too early to say on Ron, He would most likely get my vote though.. (provided somebody better isnt out there that i have not heard of)

I'd vote for Ron in a New York minute - if only I could!! He is blowing most of the others out of the water in the straw polls. I like his idea of NON interventionism - bring the troops home - take care of America - she needs help and love right now!!

Thank you for your civil and kind answer moderateamerican! :)

Edited by buffycat

"The era of darkness will end, prisoners will return home, the occupied lands will be freed, Palestine and Iraq will be liberated from the dominion of the occupiers and the people of America and Europe will be free of the pressures exerted by the Zionists."

Also from the same speech... Sounds like he has a 'solution' to some old problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I took the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So, I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to ride the ferry cost a nickel, but in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. 'Gimme 5 bees for a quarter,' you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh, yes.The important thing was, I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones....

---Abe Simpson

I caught about 20 minutes of his monologue yesterday live. His platitude were lovely until the point when you relaize that if you happen to disagree with their vision of truth and beauty (exact quote) they beat the soles of your feet with rods and systematiucally reduce your internal organs to mush.

Yeah, the Americans have a different system. They send them to Syria and let the Syrians do it for them :lol:

And how many engineers have been raped, beaten and killed then?

I imagine alot of engineers have been raped beaten and killed - seeing that the women in Iraq predominated the engineering classes in the unis they had before the US/UK destroyed everything.

As for how many Iranian female engineers have raped, beaten or killed - you'd have to ask them - surely not as many as in Iraq. Heck the US even goes for underage (pre-engineer?!) in Iraq, as the case of 14 year old girl and her family.

Plus I think it's kind of different when it's nationals doing it to other nationals (as in rape in the US by Americans - or rape in Iran by Iranians) than when it's an illegally occupying force doing it to the native population.

:unsure:

I imagine alot of engineers have been raped beaten and killed - seeing that the women in Iraq predominated the engineering classes in the unis they had before the US/UK destroyed everything.

As for how many Iranian female engineers have raped, beaten or killed - you'd have to ask them - surely not as many as in Iraq. Heck the US even goes for underage (pre-engineer?!) in Iraq, as the case of 14 year old girl and her family.

Plus I think it's kind of different when it's nationals doing it to other nationals (as in rape in the US by Americans - or rape in Iran by Iranians) than when it's an illegally occupying force doing it to the native population.

:unsure:

That entire post can be summed up by simply saying I don't know I am simply writing to see my name at the top......

That entire post can be summed up by simply saying I don't know I am simply writing to see my name at the top......

Another informative post by M.Dancer...

Ummm at the top of what?

As far as I can see you have well over 4,400 posts - in about a year...I think it's you who is more concerned with quantities.

How's the spinning going?

;)

edited to add:

LMFAO!! OK!

Dancer as of 4:03 you have posted 48 times here today!!

I've been off work today and posted a whopping 18 times (probably a record for me!)

Man are you ever full of it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by buffycat

Guest American Woman
Yeah, the Americans have a different system. They send them to Syria and let the Syrians do it for them :lol:

C'mon, Higgly. There's a reason Harper apolgized to Maher Arar on behalf of Canada.

"Prime Minister Stephen Harper apologized Friday to Maher Arar for Canada's role in his 'terrible ordeal' and announced he will receive $10.5 million in a legal settlement with the government, the largest compensation package for an individual in Canadian history.

A judicial inquiry led by Justice Dennis O'Connor found the RCMP mislabelled him as an Islamic extremist with suspected ties to al-Qaida. It also concluded the sharing of that misinformation with U.S. authorities likely led them to deport him."

Link

Gosh that figures.

Eleven years ago, The Houston Chronicle ran a story reprinting Ron Paul's newsletter which stated:

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action, “

“politically sensible blacks are outnumbered "as decent people."

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,"

"we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their "We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

“Regardless of what the media tell us, most white Americans are not going to believe that they are at fault for what blacks have done to cities across America. The professional blacks may have cowed the elites, but good sense survives at the grass roots. Many more are going to have difficultly avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.”

“If you have ever been robbed by a black teenaged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

This is someone when said because Bill Clinton had a red nose, and I quote, " this would explain certain mysteries about the president's scratchy voice and insomnia.”

This is someone who states as part of his political platform that the US Federal Reserve Bank, US Department of Education and US income tax system are “Marxist” and will be abolished when he is elected.

This is someone who in 2005, introduced the Sanctity of Life Act, a federal bill that defined human life as beginning at conception and defines embryos and fetuses as persons and would redefine abortion as murder and outlaw fetal stem cell research and some contraception and fertility treatment

This is someone who wants to bring back a 2001 bill he tried to introduce, the Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001, that would allow the President to commission private citizens and non-government groups to specifically target Osama Ben Laden and his supporters and kill them.

Gosh I wish we could have a politician like this in Canada.

"Ahmadingdong"

That is Dr. Ahmadingdong to you.

See Buffy went to the Wikepedia and read;

Ahmadinejad, the son of a blacksmith, was born in Garmsar, near Tehran on October 28, 1956. In 1976, he took Iran's national university entrance exams (konkoor) to gain admission into Iran's top universities. His test score ranked him 132nd among over 400,000 participants that year, landing him at the Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST) as an undergraduate student of civil engineering.

After the Iranian Revolution, he entered the Master of Science program for civil engineering in 1984. In 1989, he became a member of the Science faculty at the university where he had studied. In 1997, he received his Ph.D. in transportation engineering and planning from the Science and Technology University.

What she doesn't seem to remember is this part;

2006, the Ahmadinejad government reportedly forced numerous Iranian scientists and University professors to resign or to retire. It has been referred to as "second cultural revolution" after the Islamic Cultural Revolution earlier. The policy has been said to replace old professors with younger ones.Some university professors received letters indicating their early retirement unexpectedly. In November 2006, 53 university professors had to retire from Iran University of Science and Technology.

In 2006, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's government applied a 50% quota for male students and 50% for female students in the University entrance exam for Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy. The plan was supposed to stop the growing presence of female students in the Universities. In a response to critics, Iranian minister of health and medical education, Kamran Bagheri Lankarani argued that there are not enough facilities such as dormitories for female students. Masoud Salehi, president of Zahedan University said that presence of women generates some problems with transportation. Also Ebrahim Mekaniki, president of Babol University of Medical Sciences stated that an increase in the presence of women will make it difficult to distribute facilities in a suitable manner. Bagher Larijani, the president of Tehran University of Medical Sciences made similar remarks. According to Rooz Online, the quotas lack a legal foundation and are justified as support for "family" and "religion."

Guest American Woman
True, but even if the RCMP hadn't hosed Arar, I say deport him to Syria anyway, just because the US has the right to do so. Plus he skipped out on mandatory military service in Syria.

Really? The U.S. has the "right" to deport people to countries where they know they will be tortured-- as our government proclaims how we are against such policies and would never participate in such policies-- and criticize countries, like China, that do? How is sending them to be tortured different from torturing them ourselves? Seems to me when someone hires a killer, they are also guilty of murder. Keep in mind, too, that Arar was not attempting entry into the United States. He was attempting to get home, to Canada. Furthermore, if he really were a danger to America, why in the world would we send him to Syria instead of keeping him in custody? Beyond the Axis of Evil: Additional Threats from Weapons of Mass Destruction

"President Bush believes it is critical not to underestimate the threat from terrorist groups and rogue states intent on obtaining weapons of mass destruction...

America is determined to prevent the next wave of terror. States that sponsor terror and pursue WMD must stop.

Beyond the axis of evil, there are other rogue states intent on acquiring weapons of mass destruction -- "

Beyond the axis of evil, there is, specifically, Iran, Syria, and Cuba.

"The United States also knows that Syria has long had a chemical warfare program. It has a stockpile of the nerve agent sarin and is engaged in research and development of the more toxic and persistent nerve agent VX. Although Damascus currently is dependent on foreign sources for key elements of its chemical warfare program, including precursor chemicals and key production equipment, we are concerned about Syrian advances in its indigenous CW infrastructure which would significantly increase the independence of its CW program. We think that Syria has a variety of aerial bombs and SCUD warheads, which are potential means of delivery of deadly agents capable of striking neighboring countries.

Syria, which has signed but not ratified the BWC, is pursuing the development of biological weapons and is able to produce at least small amounts of biological warfare agents. While we believe Syria would need foreign assistance to launch a large-scale biological weapons program right now, it may obtain such assistance by the end of this decade.

Syria has a combined total of several hundred Scud B, Scud C and SS-21 SRBMs, It is pursuing both solid- and liquid-propellant missile programs and relies extensively on foreign assistance in these endeavors. North Korean and Russian entities have been involved in aiding Syria’s ballistic missile development. All of Syria's missiles are mobile and can reach much of Israel, Jordan, and Turkey from launch sites well within the country."

Would we send a suspected threat to the United States back to North Korea? Or Iran?

But what seems to totally escape you is that Arar is innocent. I don't know what your "he skipped out on mandatory military service" in Syria is supposed to mean. So he didn't want to serve in the Syrian army. What of it? He decided he'd rather move to Canada, and three years later became a Canadian citizen. Would you be commenting in the same way on an Iraqi who refused to serve in the Iraqi military and moved to the United States instead?

Edited by American Woman

Gosh that figures.

Eleven years ago, The Houston Chronicle ran a story reprinting Ron Paul's newsletter which stated:

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action, “

“politically sensible blacks are outnumbered "as decent people."

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,"

"we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their "We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

“Regardless of what the media tell us, most white Americans are not going to believe that they are at fault for what blacks have done to cities across America. The professional blacks may have cowed the elites, but good sense survives at the grass roots. Many more are going to have diffic

ultly avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.”

“If you have ever been robbed by a black teenaged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

This is someone when said because Bill Clinton had a red nose, and I quote, " this would explain certain mysteries about the president's scratchy voice and insomnia.”

This is someone who states as part of his political platform that the US Federal Reserve Bank, US Department of Education and US income tax system are “Marxist” and will be abolished when he is elected.

This is someone who in 2005, introduced the Sanctity of Life Act, a federal bill that defined human life as beginning at conception and defines embryos and fetuses as persons and would redefine abortion as murder and outlaw fetal stem cell research and some contraception and fertility treatment

This is someone who wants to bring back a 2001 bill he tried to introduce, the Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001, that would allow the President to commission private citizens and non-government groups to specifically target Osama Ben Laden and his supporters and kill them.

Gosh I wish we could have a politician like this in Canada.

From DIGG http://digg.com/politics/RON_PAUL_AND_BLACKS

http://prorev.com/2007/08/ron-paul-and-blacks.htm

What made the statements in the publication even more puzzling was that, in four terms as a U. S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this. ....

What made the statements in the publication even more puzzling was that, in four terms as a U. S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this.

http://dsadevil.blogspot.com/2007/05/rep-paul-on-race.html

"These aren't my figures," Paul said this week. "That is the assumption you can gather from" the report.

Good try Rue.

Really? The U.S. has the "right" to deport people to countries where they know they will be tortured-- as our government proclaims how we are against such policies and would never participate in such policies-- and criticize countries, like China, that do? How is sending them to be tortured different from torturing them ourselves? Seems to me when someone hires a killer, they are also guilty of murder. Keep in mind, too, that Arar was not attempting entry into the United States. He was attempting to get home, to Canada. Furthermore, if he really were a danger to America, why in the world would we send him to Syria instead of keeping him in custody? Beyond the Axis of Evil: Additional Threats from Weapons of Mass Destruction

That was his first mistake...he should have booked a direct flight to Montreal. He was actually sent to Jordan, then Syria. The US, a sovereign, has the right to deport or refuse entry, regardless of Mr. Arar's soap opera story. Just ask John Lennon, who fought for years to get back in to the evil USA, only to meet his fate (should have stayed in Montreal, but maybe the taxes there or in the UK were killing him anyway!)

Would we send a suspected threat to the United States back to North Korea? Or Iran?

But what seems to totally escape you is that Arar is innocent. I don't know what your "he skipped out on mandatory military service" in Syria is supposed to mean. So he didn't want to serve in the Syrian army. What of it? He decided he'd rather move to Canada, and three years later became a Canadian citizen. Would you be commenting in the same way on an Iraqi who refused to serve in the Iraqi military and moved to the United States instead?

Guess again....Arar had dual citizenship, as it is difficult to renounce Syrian citizenship, but damn easy to become a Canadian by comparison. He was deported legally according to US immigration law for "extraordinary rendition". He was not necessarily a threat, but a potential intel bonanza for contacts, networks, methods, etc. The RCMP doomed him to his fate back home, which is common in Syria.

Yes, if an Iraqi citizen skipped the country to avoid manadatory service then he/she should go back and serve. There is nothing inherently wrong with such mandatory service, and it is practiced in several nations.