Ahmadinejad urges world to renounce Satan; U.S. walks out

Guest American Woman
Guess again....Arar had dual citizenship, as it is difficult to renounce Syrian citizenship, but damn easy to become a Canadian by comparison. He was deported legally according to US immigration law for "extraordinary rendition". He was not necessarily a threat, but a potential intel bonanza for contacts, networks, methods, etc. The RCMP doomed him to his fate back home, which is common in Syria.

Yes, if an Iraqi citizen skipped the country to avoid manadatory service then he/she should go back and serve. There is nothing inherently wrong with such mandatory service, and it is practiced in several nations.

I wasn't "guessing" at anything. What I said is correct. Arar became a citizen of Canada three years after leaving Syria to live in Canada. I've also said Canada's putting him on the possible terrorist threat list played into the U.S.'s decision to deport him, but the RCMP most definitely did NOT "doom him to his fate back home" since the RCMP didn't deport him. The U.S. did. And last but not least, he was wrongly put on the list. He was innocent.

I find your take on "necessary service" interesting to say the least. So if a person has the misfortune of being born into a nation that requires military service and uses the military for purposes that said person doesn't morally believe in, that person should still serve in that military. That person has no right to move to a nation whose ideals fit in with their thinking/morals. Emigrating is "skipping the country." What a load of crappola that is.

As for his "mistake" in not booking a non-stop flight. Yes, it was HIS mistake. He should have known that the U.S. would deport him to Syria. :rolleyes:

I noticed you ignored all the questions I posed. If the U.S. had a suspected terrorist in its custody, do you think it would make sense to deport him to Iran? North Korea? Is it ok for a nation that claims to be above torture to send someone elsewhere to be tortured? If so, how does that make the said nation above the nation that tortures? Do you honestly believe someone who hires a hitman is any better than the hitman?

I wasn't "guessing" at anything. What I said is correct. Arar became a citizen of Canada three years after leaving Syria to live in Canada. I've also said Canada's putting him on the possible terrorist threat list played into the U.S.'s decision to deport him, but the RCMP most definitely did NOT "doom him to his fate back home" since the RCMP didn't deport him. The U.S. did. And last but not least, he was wrongly put on the list. He was innocent.

Non sequitur - matters of immigration do not require guilt or "innocence". See US Immigration Law....Arar had his day in US court and lost. Tough noogies.

I find your take on "necessary service" interesting to say the least. So if a person has the misfortune of being born into a nation that requires military service and uses the military for purposes that said person doesn't morally believe in, that person should still serve in that military. That person has no right to move to a nation whose ideals fit in with their thinking/morals. Emigrating is "skipping the country." What a load of crappola that is.

They can move wherever they want, legally or illegally, and face the music if held accountable for not fulfilling mandatory service. It's not complicated or voided by one's "moral" belief system. National service means a lot of different things. Arar screwed up in that regard as well, hopscotching about the international landscape at a very inopportune time.

As for his "mistake" in not booking a non-stop flight. Yes, it was HIS mistake. He should have known that the U.S. would deport him to Syria. :rolleyes:

Or that the RCMP would finger him as a terror perp....buh-bye Mr. Arar, we don't have time to dick around with you. We hear Syria is nice this year.

I noticed you ignored all the questions I posed. If the U.S. had a suspected terrorist in its custody, do you think it would make sense to deport him to Iran? North Korea? Is it ok for a nation that claims to be above torture to send someone elsewhere to be tortured? If so, how does that make the said nation above the nation that tortures? Do you honestly believe someone who hires a hitman is any better than the hitman?

I am not required to answer all of your silly-ass questions...that's already been established. ("I don't like your tone"...LOL!) Torture is good, considering the alternative.

Guest American Woman
I am not required to answer all of your silly-ass questions...that's already been established. ("I don't like your tone"...LOL!) Torture is good, considering the alternative.

translation: you can't answer my questions. Don't worry. I didn't expect any more from you.

Edited to add:

L. O. L.

:rolleyes:

Edited by American Woman

translation: you can't answer my questions. Don't worry. I didn't expect any more from you.

Edited to add:

L. O. L.

:rolleyes:

Promises, promises....you've said this before, only to ask more inane questions. Please save your moral dilemmas for somebody who cares about such things (i.e gives a damn).

Arar remains on the list, but now he can afford to by a used Gulfstream and fly around US airspace.

• 2 weeks later...
I wasn't "guessing" at anything. What I said is correct. Arar became a citizen of Canada three years after leaving Syria to live in Canada.

He also remained a citizen of Syria.

He held dual citizenship both Canada and Syria.

I've also said Canada's putting him on the possible terrorist threat list played into the U.S.'s decision to deport him

That is a contentious statement as Arar's own lawyers referred to that statement "as very likely", but not proven since the U.S. had their own condemning information on Arar, which to date has never been released.

but the RCMP most definitely did NOT "doom him to his fate back home" since the RCMP didn't deport him.

At that time the RCMP did not have sufficient evidence to Arar's ties as a terrorist and their investigation was interrupted and derailed by the U.S. decision to deport Arar.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...60-d86a00142336