When will George Bush learn to pronounce "nulcear"

Cheney and Bush want to go into Iran with "nukes" because they know that the Dems won't after the election and they think that Iran will have the "bomb" while the Dems are in power. My question to these two guys is this, what the the world think, is more dangerous with the "bomb" Iran or the US president, that thinks like HIM!! These guys have had this planned out and that's why so many of his staff is jumping ship!

George Bush was shown on CNN today announcing that if Iran continues on its course of action, there will be a "nucular holocaust". Holy cow. Is that like a "nuclear holocaust". All the money the US government has, you'd think they could teach this guy how to talk right.

Such pronunciation was good enough for Jimmy Carter. No further teachin' required.

I recall him saying it correctly. Can you produce a video clip that proves what you say? In any case at least Carter has the Middle East right.

Do your own homework....President Carter was nuclear power trained in Rickover's program and was famous for "mispronouncing" the word. People like me weren't embarrassed by his pronunciation, just his policies.

President Bush's pronunciation is more common than you may think. Ditto Clinton, Ford, or JFK. It is common in the US military, especially for those from the southern US.

Since this is a petty thread, it is spelled "nuclear". Too funny!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Higgly knows, and no doubt has sent a note to the White House about it...

Since you brought it up in another thread higgly, this lame attempt at slamming Bush bears a striking resemblance to that Beauty pageant contestant who gave a lame attempt at explaining Americans' ignorance. But keep tryin'.

Higgly knows, and no doubt has sent a note to the White House about it...

Since you brought it up in another thread higgly, this lame attempt at slamming Bush bears a striking resemblance to that Beauty pageant contestant who gave a lame attempt at explaining Americans' ignorance. But keep tryin'.

It's true. I'm another Yank who knows nothing about Canada.

While amusing, who really cares HOW he says it. The concern should be whether he will use them - nookular weapons. After living with Chretien so long how can we talk? ;):P

(Note this is in no way whatsoever meant to defending Bush - at all. Personally my skin crawls the minute I hear is drawling snide and arrogant sounding voice... but that's another issue)

While amusing, who really cares HOW he says it. The concern should be whether he will use them - nookular weapons. After living with Chretien so long how can we talk? ;):P

(Note this is in no way whatsoever meant to defending Bush - at all. Personally my skin crawls the minute I hear is drawling snide and arrogant sounding voice... but that's another issue)

What in the world was the matter with Mr. Bush speaking at New Orleans, he looked like he had been through the wringer. Is he sick?

What in the world was the matter with Mr. Bush speaking at New Orleans, he looked like he had been through the wringer. Is he sick?

LOL! Thanks Margrace - I literally laughed out loud at that!

When hasn't this dude not been 'sick'? IMO he is the best argument why anyone shouldn't drink and do coke. It brings on early dementia.

Best not even to listen to him - reading what he says is bad enough. ;)

Of course if he really is 'sick' I imagine the media whores would spin it for all the sympathy it would be worth. (In my books none).

Edited by buffycat

George Bush was shown on CNN today announcing that if Iran continues on its course of action, there will be a "nucular holocaust". Holy cow. Is that like a "nuclear holocaust". All the money the US government has, you'd think they could teach this guy how to talk right.

It's funny how some citizens of other countries make fun of the President of the United States. If people in the United States made fun of leaders of other countries those same people would be screaming their heads off over the insult.

By the way the United States is a country of 300 plus million. I have heard nuclear pronounced at least six different ways. I mispronounced that word wrong for years and I still goof it every once in a while. Before I retired I made a large amount of money giving lectures and seminars to attorneys and businesspeople, however I grew up in a part of the country where nuclear was pronounced nuclier and realtor was pronounced realitor, etc..

I guess everyone in Canada pronounces every word the same way and they always pronounce everything perfectly. That's why some of you feel that you can insult our President.

Mike Richardson

forums.resourcesforattorneys.com

It's funny how some citizens of other countries make fun of the President of the United States. If people in the United States made fun of leaders of other countries those same people would be screaming their heads off over the insult.

We have plenty of Americans on this board who have no problem with insulting leaders of other countries.

I guess everyone in Canada pronounces every word the same way and they always pronounce everything perfectly. That's why some of you feel that you can insult our President.

Mike Richardson

Don't sweat it. For every word we mispronounce they have a word that is mis-spelled (link).

P.S. - I'm an attorney. Could you snail mail me one of your books?

Posted by gc1765

We have plenty of Americans on this board who have no problem with insulting leaders of other countries.

Just because others do it does not make it right or proper. Many people use bad manners due to a lack of education (I'm not talking about scolastic education). If I read a post where the Prime Minister of Canada was insulted, by a poster from the United States, I would say the same thing. When you insult the leaders of a country you are insulting the country itself. Additionally those of you that took debate or public speaking in school should have learned that the use of insults does not make a winning argument.

Posted by jbg

Don't sweat it. For every word we mispronounce they have a word that is mis-spelled (link).

P.S. - I'm an attorney. Could you snail mail me one of your books?

I never complain about spelling because I am such a bad speller. Additionally, since I have only one hand to type with I make numerous errors, but I think I get your drift. In fact I have made a reply to your linked topic.

As far as a book goes. I am and always have been a talker and not a writer, even writing posts to forums is difficult for me. My forte is and was guestion and answer. A short introduction (15 to 20 minutes) to the topic and a long question and answer period.

Mike Richardson

Edited by richardson

Just because others do it does not make it right or proper. Many people use bad manners due to a lack of education (I'm not talking about scolastic education).

Well said.

I think you just hit the proverbial nail square on the head.

When you insult the leaders of a country you are insulting the country itself.

I'm sorry but I just cant agree with that statement. I despise GW on a personal level but I feel no malice or ill will to the American people as a whole.

In fact some of my all time favourite girlfriends have been, and still are, American. :P

Edited by AngusThermopyle

Guest American Woman
When you insult the leaders of a country you are insulting the country itself.

So you would have felt it was improper to insult Hitler? :huh:

Insulting a country's leader is in no way insulting the country itself. They are two completely different and separate things.

So you would have felt it was improper to insult Hitler? :huh:

Insulting a country's leader is in no way insulting the country itself. They are two completely different and separate things.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Hitler was our enemy and I find nothing wrong with insulting our enemies and the countries that support them. I see nothing wrong with insulting the leaders of countries like North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, Syria and others of their ilk. Their people have allowed them to take power or maintain power and any reflected insult on them is fine with me. It was, however, my belief that Canada and the United States are friends and to a certain point allies. Perhaps you feel that they are not. The people of the United States elected President Bush to office just like the people of Canada elected their Prime Minister to office. It's one thing for 'Americans' to insult their President or for Canadians to insult their Prime Minister, but something else entirely for so called friends to insult the others leaders. When a Canadian calls President Bush stupid that Canadian is also calling every 'American' who voted for him stupid for having voted for him. I may not like a friend's mother but I am not going to insult her, especiually to that friend's face. It would be extremely impolite and it might end the friendship. I never got along with my mother but if a friend had insulted her I would have felt it my duty to make that ex friend regret it.

Mike Richardson

Edited by richardson

When a Canadian calls President Bush stupid that Canadian is also calling every 'American' who voted for him stupid for having voted for him.

If an American who voted for Bush later calls him stupid, is that voter stupid or is he calling all Americans who voted for Bush stupid? Or is he just commenting on the man?

This "for us or against us" thinking has its drawbacks.

If an American who voted for Bush later calls him stupid, is that voter stupid or is he calling all Americans who voted for Bush stupid? Or is he just commenting on the man?

This "for us or against us" thinking has its drawbacks.

Did you miss the part of my post where I wrote

It's one thing for 'Americans' to insult their President or for Canadians to insult their Prime Minister, but something else entirely for so called friends to insult the others leaders.
or did you intentionally ignore it?

And, yes he is, he is calling every 'American' including himself stupid for having voted for a stupid President. When former President Clinton was in office, I disliked him very much but I never insulted him while he was in office, and I never allowed people, I knew, to insult him around me. He was our President after all and if nothing else the Office he represented deserved respect. I might, when angry, insult him now, but he no longer sits in that office. If I did insult him now I would of course be guilty of the same bad manners that I have complained about in others. On the other hand, Canada has had several leaders that I didn't like or respect, however I have never insulted any of those leaders nor will I insult any of those leaders. To do so would be to insult the people of Canada.

This has nothing to do with "for us or against us", it has to do with manners and civility, which it seems that nowdays many people don't believe in.

Mike Richardson

Did you miss the part of my post where I wrote or did you intentionally ignore it?

And, yes he is, he is calling every 'American' including himself stupid for having voted for a stupid President. When former President Clinton was in office, I disliked him very much but I never insulted him while he was in office, and I never allowed people, I knew, to insult him around me. He was our President after all and if nothing else the Office he represented deserved respect. I might, when angry, insult him now, but he no longer sits in that office. If I did insult him now I would of course be guilty of the same bad manners that I have complained about in others. On the other hand, Canada has had several leaders that I didn't like or respect, however I have never insulted any of those leaders nor will I insult any of those leaders. To do so would be to insult the people of Canada.

This has nothing to do with "for us or against us", it has to do with manners and civility, which it seems that nowdays many people don't believe in.

I intentionally ignored it. You basically said that someone outside the U.S. cannot have an opinion of the man without insulting the U.S. in the process. If you insulted Harper or Chretien, it wouldn't have anything to do with me or other Canadians. It could just be your opinion of them.