new american empire death throws

Guest American Woman
The USA is so irrelevant in fact, kuzzadd feels it is in her esteemed duty to make a career of telling us how irrelevent it is.

haha

:D

And evidently laughing at the notion that the U.S. is irrelevant is having an "unfortunate attitude" and questioning what's unfortunate about it is "demonizing" her.

There's no way the United States can possibly be irrelevant AND the world's greatest threat. The very idea is laughable.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
C'mon whitedoors, Betsy, Scottsa, American Woman... instead of insulting the poster why not give us your take on the issue.

Has America's reputation worldwide suffered in the past 7 years?

Just answer the question.

I see. When she questions us, it's giving her "take" on the issue. When we question her take, it's "insulting the poster." Excuse me. But it's Americans who have been insulted in this thread. I substituted Muslims for Americans in your comment to show how it would read and predicting (acurately, I might add) what kind of a reaction that would get, and you were noticibly lacking in response.

I've stated my take on it over and over again. But here it is one more time: The U.S. CANNOT be the world's greatest threat AND irrelevant at the same time. I'll repeat again: no matter what one thinks of the U.S., it's not irrelevant.

So there it is. Now, instead of telling others to "answer the question," how about you go back and answer the questions that were put to you?

C'mon whitedoors, Betsy, Scottsa, American Woman... instead of insulting the poster why not give us your take on the issue.

No, America's reputation has remained decidedly "American"....for the past 7 years, 17 years, and 70 years. Save the "please love us" Canadian value for...Canada.

Betsey and whitedoors, flattering me. Well what can I say , all press is good press!

But you do both talk so much about me, and OMG, this thread isn't about me.

Golly Gee willikers!

Amazing, do either of you want an autograph?

Cause obviously both of you are obsessed with me.

kuzadd, this and kuzadd that.

oh the adulation

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo darlins'

:rolleyes:

What do you expect? Who else are we supposed to answer here...except you and Drea!

So far you both are the only ones supporting the same silly notion on this topic.

If this is your way of trying to grab attention to yourself, I'd say you're doing a darn good job.

I guess between you and Drea....you seem to have managed to get top billing. :lol:

Edited by betsy

Guest American Woman

As I said in my previous post, I had already clearly stated my take on the issue. Now reading back, I see Betsy has already given her take on the issue too. Again, quite clearly.

No, America's reputation has remained decidedly "American"....for the past 7 years, 17 years, and 70 years. Save the "please love us" Canadian value for...Canada.

Whoa . . . I'd love to see a poll on that one, BC2004. Your boy George has made a mess it will take decades to clean up and repair. Of course our reputation has suffered. You can't invade a country under the circumstances with which Iraq was invaded (I'm not saying "lies," mind you, just thinking it) and slaughter and maim hundreds of thousands of innocents without the rest of the world giving you the cold shoulder. If Shrub hadn't had his poodle, he would've been down to the Tongan King and the Jamaican bobsled team for support. Face it, BC. The Iraqi mess was created to create a bonanza for U.S. oil companies. If we wanted to go after the country that produced the hijackers, we would have had to bomb all the close Bush/Cheney friends in Saudi Arabia. You know . . . the ones Dear Leader holds hands with.

Betsey and whitedoors, flattering me. Well what can I say , all press is good press!

But you do both talk so much about me, and OMG, this thread isn't about me.

Golly Gee willikers!

Amazing, do either of you want an autograph?

Cause obviously both of you are obsessed with me.

kuzadd, this and kuzadd that.

oh the adulation

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo darlins'

:rolleyes:

What do you expect? Who else are we supposed to answer here...except you and Drea!

So far you both are the only ones supporting the same silly notion on this topic.

If this is your way of trying to grab attention to yourself, I'd say you're doing a darn good job.

I guess between you and Drea....you seem to have managed to get top billing. :lol:

"What do you expect? Who else are we supposed to answer here...except you and Drea! "

Actually there were others participating in the discussion , but, your lovefest for me just got to be too much, for everyone, cause other posters are not as smitten with me as you, American woman and whitedoors obviously are!

thanks again dahlin'

Cause I am ADORED, clearly, look the topic is the death throes of the American empire and, OMG, little me, has now become even more discussed.

You guys LOVE ME, YOU REALLY LOVE ME.

I LUV YOU ALL ALSO.

envision me blowing kisses, to my adoring fans

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by kuzadd

Guest American Woman
Actually there were others participating in the discussion , but, your lovefest for me just got to be too much, for everyone, cause other posters are not as smitten with me as you, American woman and whitedoors obviously are!

You've got to be kidding. Thanks for reminding me why I post here so seldom. If you're not embarrassed by that response, know that I'm embarrassed for you.

Whoa . . . I'd love to see a poll on that one, BC2004. Your boy George has made a mess it will take decades to clean up and repair. Of course our reputation has suffered. You can't invade a country under the circumstances with which Iraq was invaded (I'm not saying "lies," mind you, just thinking it) and slaughter and maim hundreds of thousands of innocents without the rest of the world giving you the cold shoulder. If Shrub hadn't had his poodle, he would've been down to the Tongan King and the Jamaican bobsled team for support. Face it, BC. The Iraqi mess was created to create a bonanza for U.S. oil companies. If we wanted to go after the country that produced the hijackers, we would have had to bomb all the close Bush/Cheney friends in Saudi Arabia. You know . . . the ones Dear Leader holds hands with.

You're missing the historical point entirely....America is the same as it ever was, and to hell with any such polls. Count the numerous military interventions in the Americas and around the world. The world "loved America" after those as well, and they continue to come to the wicked USA, many illegally.

"Reputation" is a patriarchal notion for a female, not the most powerful nation state on Earth, and the way it got that way.

WRT oil, please tell us something we don't already know.

You've got to be kidding. Thanks for reminding me why I post here so seldom. If you're not embarrassed by that response, know that I'm embarrassed for you.

I am not embarrassed at all by it, but , you should be.

But not in the co-dependant way you speak of (for me)

You should be embarrassed for yourself.

Look at the topic of this thread.

Though, I tried repeatedly to stay on topic.

what did you ,betsy, whitedoors et al do?

You and others spent approx two pages talking about me

kuzadd this, kuzadd that, look through the thread.

Then understand why, you should be embarrassed for yourself.

Not me honey, you wanna pay that much attention to me, as opposed to the actual topic?!

laugh at yourself, for behaving so foolishly.

thereby giving me the chance to have even more fun.

Edited by kuzadd

You're missing the historical point entirely....America is the same as it ever was, and to hell with any such polls. Count the numerous military interventions in the Americas and around the world. The world "loved America" after those as well, and they continue to come to the wicked USA, many illegally.

"Reputation" is a patriarchal notion for a female, not the most powerful nation state on Earth, and the way it got that way.

WRT oil, please tell us something we don't already know.

I won't argue with you on this point because I hope, when it all shakes out, you're right. Sadly, at this point in time I would feel safer traveling on a Canadian passport over an American one and I would never, ever, display a clothing item that remotely resembled our flag if I was in a foreign country.

Look at the topic of this thread.

Though, I tried repeatedly to stay on topic.

what did you ,betsy, whitedoors et al do?

You and others spent approx two pages talking about me

kuzadd this, kuzadd that, look through the thread.

Then understand why, you should be embarrassed for yourself.

Not me honey, you wanna pay that much attention to me, as opposed to the actual topic?!

laugh at yourself, for behaving so foolishly.

thereby giving me the chance to have even more fun.

Yes, we know what the topic is, Kuzadd. And discussion's been over as soon as you insisted on this silly claim that the USA is irrelevant! Your declaration - in all your seriousness about it - had turned the discussion into a big joke.

And yes, I'd say we did spend approx two pages talking about you....BUT talking about you is still somehow staying on topic.

Your insistence...and the last few posts you've made are clear indications that your argument - figuratively, your "empire" - is on its death throes. We're now just curious bystanders commenting while watching it go down....like something sinking fast in quicksand. But I am amazed though by your valiant effort trying desperately to drag yourself out of this. :lol:

So yes, I'd say we are right on topic! But you are not!

You're now only trying to detract and distract from the real issue - even to the point of bringing in your husband and your domestic issues! :lol:

Edited by betsy

Guest American Woman
Sadly, at this point in time I would feel safer traveling on a Canadian passport over an American one and I would never, ever, display a clothing item that remotely resembled our flag if I was in a foreign country.

That is sad. I've never denied my nationality when travelling. I have to admit I've wondered what kind of reception I'd get, but then, I'm proud to be an American, and when push comes to shove, would never be ashamed to state that I am. I've had a lot more favorable responses than I have negative, too. I've been mistaken for quite a few other nationalities, especially when travelling to countries not frequently visited by Americans, and in actualilty, when they find out I'm an American, it generates more interest. So in my opinion, you'd be missing out on something by trying to hide your identity. There are a lot of people out there who love Americans and appreciate all that we've done for them. And we've done a lot, I'm happy to say.

The world does not want to attack and kill Americans silly!

You are soo war war military might! OOooOoO

Do you think for one second that the USA can just march into any country and take what it wants? Does trade and economics play no part whatsoever?

Do you think if the big bad military USA were to nuke a country that they would be lauded? Do you think that when they attack Iran that the world will cheer wildly?

It is not all about who has the bigger penis Scottsa. :rolleyes:

I take it you missed the term "economic" in my post, eh? And what is the darkly lurking psychological stimulous that brings to your mind penises in a thread about the US? I've heard of penis envy before...but...

It is not all about who has the bigger penis Scottsa. :rolleyes:

And what is the darkly lurking psychological stimulous that brings to your mind penises in a thread about the US? I've heard of penis envy before...but...

Whoa! First Kuzadd spouting off about her husband....now Drea dreaming about a bigger penis? What's going on? :lol:

I think these two are giving us a strong hint. They want the board to have a spot for sex and relationship.

Yes, we know what the topic is, Kuzadd. And discussion's been over as soon as you insisted on this silly claim that the USA is irrelevant! Your declaration - in all your seriousness about it - had turned the discussion into a big joke.

And yes, I'd say we did spend approx two pages talking about you....BUT talking about you is still somehow staying on topic.

Your insistence...and the last few posts you've made are clear indications that your argument - figuratively, your "empire" - is on its death throes. We're now just curious bystanders commenting while watching it go down....like something sinking fast in quicksand. But I am amazed though by your valiant effort trying desperately to drag yourself out of this. :lol:

So yes, I'd say we are right on topic! But you are not!

You're now only trying to detract and distract from the real issue - even to the point of bringing in your husband and your domestic issues! :lol:

tsk tsk betsy.

at least you acknowledge, you and others have spent 2 pages talking about me, and you are still at it!

it's incredible!

Look, I hate to break it to you, I am a married heterosexual .

Sorry to break your heart :-(

I hope you can get over me, and move on with your life.

I do hold out my hand in friendship to you though, but, JUST as friends.

Edited by kuzadd

Guest American Woman
Kuzy sticks her foot in it like that quite often. Please don't consider all Canadians the same. The silent majority know the U.S. rocks, as do the millions applying for refugee status there every year. May I suggest another board to visit occasionally: Freedominion.

I know all Canadians aren't the same; if there's one thing I've learned it's that while we do have our share of Ugly Americans, you have your share of the Canadian counterpart, too. But then, what country doesn't have it's share, eh? And thanks for the link; I'll most definitely check it out. :)

back to thread topic!

http://dir.salon.com/story/books/int/2002/...chan/index.html

The decline and fall of the American empire

An expert on geopolitics says forget Islamic terrorism -- the real future threat to America's supremacy will come from Europe

"I know historians and scholars hate the word "inevitable," but you imply that sooner or later all great empires will fall. Is that right?

If there's any trend that keeps coming back, it's that great powers come and go. No one stays at the top forever. Rome was a great empire with a huge territory under its weight for probably 300 to 400 years, which is a pretty long time. Some have come and gone much more quickly.

One of the reasons that America's moment at the top will be short-lived is that history is moving much more quickly than it used to. The countries that get into the digital age go into fast-forward. If you take a snapshot of the world today and say, "A-ha! This is what the world's going to look like for the next century," it's very dangerous. Tomorrow could look very different."

http://www.counterpunch.org/sale02222005.html

Imperial Entropy

Collapse of the American Empire

By KIRKPATRICK SALE

It is quite ironic: only a decade or so after the idea of the United States as an imperial power came to be accepted by both right and left, and people were actually able to talk openly about an American empire, it is showing multiple signs of its inability to continue. And indeed it is now possible to contemplate, and openly speculate about, its collapse.

The neocons in power in Washington these days, those who were delighted to talk about America as the sole empire in the world following the Soviet disintegration, will of course refuse to believe in any such collapse, just as they ignore the realities of the imperial war in Iraq. But I think it behooves us to examine seriously the ways in which the U.S. system is so drastically imperiling itself that it will cause not only the collapse of its worldwide empire but drastically alter the nation itself on the domestic front.

All empires collapse eventually:

wow,really!!!

apparently some don't understand that bit o' history

http://globetrotter.berkeley.edu/people4/C...hnson-con2.html

conversation with Chalmers Johnson, re: his books

Chalmers Johnson, who is President of the Japan Policy Research Institute. A distinguished social scientist and public intellectual, he's the author of fifteen books, including Peasant Nationalism and Communist Power, a classic in Chinese studies, and MITI and the Japanese Miracle, a classic in Japanese studies. Professor Johnson is a former professor of political science at UC Berkeley, where he also served as chairman of the department and chair of the Center for Chinese Studies. book coverHe's an emeritus professor of political science at UC San Diego. His most recent books focus on American power in the world, and include Okinawa: Cold War Island;

Blowback: The Cost and Consequences of American Empire; read this one, very good!

Just published: The Sorrows of Empire: Militarism, Secrecy, and the End of the Republic.

YUP, I must be the only one noticing the already on it's way, irrelevance of the US.

Me ,some astute observers on this forum, several professors,etc.,

oh and the other book, I have also read, and previously linked to.

After the Empire

The Breakdown of the American Order

Emmanuel Todd is a researcher at the French National Institute for Demographic Studies. He is the author of numerous books, including The Final Fall: An Essay on the Decomposition of the Soviet Sphere and The Making of Modern France: Ideology, Politics, and Culture.

with a foreword by , an American fellow!

Michael Lind is the Whitehead Senior Fellow at the New America Foundation. He is the author of Made in Texas: George W. Bush and the Southern Takeover of American Politics and, with Ted Halstead, The Radical Center: The Future of American Politics.

YUP, I am really alone in my thoughts, lol!

YUP, I must be the only one noticing the already on it's way, irrelevance of the US.

Me ,some astute observers on this forum, several professors,etc.,

Using your "astute" observations, the nations of France, United Kingdom (and the former commonwealth), Spain, Japan, Germany, Russian Federation, etc. are now "irrelevant". Therein lies the faulty logic.....even a fallen "empire" does not equate to "irrelevance".

How does it feel to live in a fallen empire?

YUP, I am really alone in my thoughts, lol!

No. You are not definitely alone in your anti-american sentiments.

And I must say you are not alone in reading these kinds of books. Just look at all these titles you've read.

My oh my.....

The decline and fall of the American empire

Imperial Entropy

Collapse of the American Empire

By KIRKPATRICK SALE

Blowback: The Cost and Consequences of American Empire; read this one, very good!

Just published: The Sorrows of Empire: Militarism, Secrecy, and the End of the Republic.

After the Empire

The Breakdown of the American Order

Emmanuel Todd is a researcher at the French National Institute for Demographic Studies. He is the author of numerous books, including The Final Fall: An Essay on the Decomposition of the Soviet Sphere and The Making of Modern France: Ideology, Politics, and Culture.

Michael Lind is the Whitehead Senior Fellow at the New America Foundation. He is the author of Made in Texas: George W. Bush and the Southern Takeover of American Politics and, with Ted Halstead, The Radical Center: The Future of American Politics.

These books are churning like hot apple pies....there must be a lot of money to be made pandering to the cravings of radicals!

One thing sure, some authors are milking the current situations and getting rich by it.

Why does it astonish you that there are tons of books that SELLS THE SAME KIND OF PRODUCT?

They are here to satisfy a need by a niche market - in this case - the niche market are people like you who drools over anything bad happening to the USA, and fantasize over its demise. Yes, their credentials are quite impressive. But then again I know a lot of ex-presidents and ex-vice presidents who end up in the selling business...with lucrative incentives, of course.

So what do you think? Especially in this current society where practically everyone is writing a book!

Kuzadd, you can't get enough of these books....just like I can't get enough of the game Valkyrie Profile. I can't wait for the next installment. :lol:

Edited by betsy