Jerry Falwell. Dead and gone.

Well folks, Jerry Falwell has died at the ripe old age of 73. God apparently has finally had enough of Mr. Falwell. Didn't even make it to the average age for his demographic. Wouldn't it be a great world if all extremists of all faiths would just suddenly die?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks, Jerry Falwell has died at the ripe old age of 73. God apparently has finally had enough of Mr. Falwell. Didn't even make it to the average age for his demographic. Wouldn't it be a great world if all extremists of all faiths would just suddenly die?

Falwell was extremely right . Only someone who either doesn't know right from wrong, or does, but does wrong anyway would say that Falwell was an extremist, at least in your terms .

name='Higgly' date='May 15 2007, 07:24 PM' post='219287']

Falwell was an extremist Christian cheering on the invasion of Iraq.

Good.

If he were an extremist Moslem cheering some military action against the west you'd said the same thing.

I'd be saying, get him.

Good riddance to Jerry Falwell.

He will be missed but there will be others to take his place.

I'd be saying, get him.

Get them all, I say. Enough of their poxy nonsense.

If that's what it takes. I see our guisling left are now openly or should I say more openly siding with the enemy.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/st...c7df162&k=54798

Desperate for new brothers in arms, Marxism appears to be doing some serious social networking. If this weekend's series of workshops at the festival is any indication, Marxism has a disparate cadre these days: green activists, the anti-war movement, the transgendered, members of First Nations, traditional Islam.

Inclusiveness is the buzzword here, where the members of this hodge-podge gathering can be overheard calling each other brother and sister. Participants call this membership drive "building unity," a much-repeated mantra throughout the opening night. Self-proclaimed Marxist James Clark, who helped organize the event, said that while there are disparate groups in attendance, they can all still rally around a slogan like "Out of Afghanistan and into Kyoto."

amen to that!!!

he was a total extremist in every sense of the word.

Although Mr. Falwell did some good things in his life (shelters for alcoholics and homes for unwed mothers), he had WAY too much hate for others who were different for me to shed a tear at his passing. Having said that, he was someones' son, he had people who cared for him. My thoughts go to them.

He will be missed but there will be others to take his place.

Just like that Taliban leader who died this weekend. They're like roaches, I tell you.

I had been noticing the silence from the left on Muslim extremists, but they didn't let Falwell's passing go unnoticed. Why am I not surprised!

Bubber, you're probably right about other's taking their place though.

Falwell was an extremist Christian cheering on the invasion of Iraq. If he were an extremist Moslem cheering some military action against the west you'd said the same thing.

Good riddance to Jerry Falwell.

I have bad news for you Higgy. There were plenty of regular folk who were not christians also cheering on the invasion of Iraq. I guess it's good riddance to them whenever one of them dies too?

While I don't find any joy in Mr. Falwell's death, and certainly don't wish ill towards those of his ilk, I can think of a lot more productive people in this world whose lives would be better mentioned than this hateful preacher.

God apparently has finally had enough of Mr. Falwell.

I dunno. I think that if God was smiting down so-called Christians who are an embarrassment to the faith, there's 50-odd people named "Phelps" who'd he'd wipe out before he got to Falwell.

-k

God apparently has finally had enough of Mr. Falwell.

I dunno. I think that if God was smiting down so-called Christians who are an embarrassment to the faith, there's 50-odd people named "Phelps" who'd he'd wipe out before he got to Falwell. -k

Na, Falwel, was one of those who started the whole anti-Christ Dominionist movement back in the 1960's, that lead to the Phelps family and others like them of today.

Catchme, you're really beginning to sound like polynewbie with your conspiracy theory.

So anyway, it's interesting to note the comments made by some at a controversial religious leader on this forum. I only bring it up because of the lack of such comments by said people concerning the recent death of two Muslim terrorist leaders responsible for killing 100's of Iraqis, Afghanis and american, brit and Canadian soldiers.

A pox on you all for your hypocrisy.