Is the springtime purge still on?

Oh gc, why not try a little harder to be a self-declared moderator around here? Kissing up to the powers that be are we? What's the matter, Michael got you scared?

:)

How did I do? I think I could improve some aspects of the "attack" but overall I think I did alright eh?

:lol: not bad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this article Malkin blasts Obama for saying the lives of the soldiers who died in Iraq were "wasted." Why not try defending the war instead???

http://www.nationalledger.com/cgi-bin/artm...ive=9&num=11572

Ridiculous. This is the only leg they have to stand on these days it seems.

Yet Obama admits his Obamanation:

"Even as I said it," Obama claims, "I realized I had misspoken."

Seems the conservatives and service members still have quite a a few legs to stand on. Remember, Obama has to convince American voters, not Canadian wannabes.

Yet Obama admits his Obamanation:

"Even as I said it," Obama claims, "I realized I had misspoken."

Seems the conservatives and service members still have quite a a few legs to stand on. Remember, Obama has to convince American voters, not Canadian wannabes.

Exactly my point which you conveniently cut out - by placing all the emphasis on the wording instead of what's being said, they succeed in putting the adversary on the defensive instead of having to address any of their own policies which are being questioned.

Oh, and thanks for the "reminder" about American voters.... not bad for a guy who spends so much time on a Canadian board.

Exactly my point which you conveniently cut out - by placing all the emphasis on the wording instead of what's being said, they succeed in putting the adversary on the defensive instead of having to address any of their own policies which are being questioned.

Oh, and thanks for the "reminder" about American voters.... not bad for a guy who spends so much time on a Canadian board.

You are quite welcome...I am an American voter with a say in such matters. But feel free to leech on the American host (even if off topic).

You have missed the point entirely, as any mention of "wasted" troops and resources is done at great political peril. The war in Iraq brings more than conservative policies in question...it also brings the good Senator(s) voting record into question.

Guest coot

What would be wrong with pointing out the soldiers's lives are held in contempt by the administration, that Halliburton proifits are worth thousands of soldiers lives? I don't think Obama said that, but if he did, he should be considered a hero who speaks truth to power.

What would be wrong with pointing out the soldiers's lives are held in contempt by the administration, that Halliburton proifits are worth thousands of soldiers lives? I don't think Obama said that, but if he did, he should be considered a hero who speaks truth to power.
The US First Amendment gives you the right to print such pointless drivel.

I propose we keep this thread as the official dispute thread. If things over in Federal Politics start getting into personal attacks, they can bring it to this thread so they can duke it out in public (doing it by PM would make more sense, but that isn't going to happen, for some reason people would rather get their shots in in public). Those who don't like the insults can simply ignore the thread, those who want to participate in the insults....go nuts. Hopefully that will cool things off, and the people having the dispute can return to the other threads with cooler heads.

Of course, this is only if the moderator agrees, although that's probably not likely.

Well said gc1765.

I PM'd dear dobbin a few times. Alas, he put me on ignore for questioning his unassailable knowledge.

I'm sure he'll read this then

1: reply with a personal attack;

2: accuse me of "stalking him";

3: bait me to try and engage him.

He posts more than any other poster in Canadian Politics. It's pretty hard not to follow his posts.

But if he doesn't like your posts, well then out comes the false accusations.

Don't really know why he does it.

Figleaf and BC Chick join in with him. Other than that people are pretty indifferent it seems...