"Conservative" Party ha ha ha

The Conservative Party of Canada should change its name. They may be right wing, but they are not conservative.

Conservative as used among professionals such as accountants and engineers means a beneficial type of cautious mindset -- underestimate your resources and overestimate your needs, don't make choices that cannot be undone, preserve wealth, etc.

Conservative in a political sense means skepticism about the benefits of change and appreciation of the importance and value of existing institutions.

Steve's party is not 'conservative' in either sense. For simple truth in advertising, they should call themselves something different.

The Conservative Party of Canada should change its name. They may be right wing, but they are not conservative.

Steve's party is not 'conservative' in either sense. For simple truth in advertising, they should call themselves something different.

At the same time maybe we should work on Dion

and seroiusly get this change going.

Why did they change from the CCF in the first place?

From Wiki

The NDP was created in 1961 as a merger of the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation (CCF) and the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC). Tommy Douglas, the long-time CCF Premier of Saskatchewan, was elected the party's first leader. In 1960, before the NDP was officially registered, one candidate, Walter Pitman, won a by-election under the New Party banner.

We could call them CONS-ALL!!! short for conservative alliance! they do a good job living up to the name! I hear Kenny got an ear full over the interest income, in his own riding. I wonder how Harper's riding would react to him. I wonder if he will ever get a pie in his face???

We could call them CONS-ALL!!! short for conservative alliance! they do a good job living up to the name! I hear Kenny got an ear full over the interest income, in his own riding. I wonder how Harper's riding would react to him. I wonder if he will ever get a pie in his face???

Initially they were were the Canadian Reform Alliance Party. Till they put the acronym together. :)

Initially they were were the Canadian Reform Alliance Party. Till they put the acronym together. :)

Are you the first one who put that together?

If the best you can come up with is making fun of the name of a now defunct party you are showing the imagination and creativity of most of Martin's Dion's advisors. Apply for a job. You never know. :lol:

You're stealing Air Farce material. At least you could give a reference.

Are you the first one who put that together?

No, I believe it was the CPC themselves.

If the best you can come up with is making fun of the name of a now defunct party you are showing the imagination and creativity of most of Martin's Dion's advisors. Apply for a job. You never know. :lol:

Ooooh, good one. I much prefer the "creativity and imagination" it takes to make attack ads against your opponents when it's not election time.... kinda like the mindset you're showing here by attacking me for posting a common-knowledge fact about the CPC even when it's within proper context (did you even bother reading the title of the thread?)

You're stealing Air Farce material. At least you could give a reference.

What?!?!?

That's it. I'm getting in touch with the person who told me the joke and raising hell for not providing their source.

PS, does it count as plagiarism if I didn't know it came from AirFarce?

Ooooh, good one. I much prefer the "creativity and imagination" it takes to make attack ads against your opponents when it's not election time.... kinda like the mindset you're showing here by attacking me for posting a common-knowledge fact about the CPC even when it's within proper context (did you even bother reading the title of the thread?)

So the 'acronym' post wasn't an attack?

The CCRAP thing is passé.

The shrillness and whining is classic LPoC. You really should apply for a job with Martin's Dion's team of advisors. You'd fit right in. :lol:

The shrillness and whining is classic LPoC. You really should apply for a job with Martin's Dion's team of advisors. You'd fit right in. :lol:

What's the going salary for a party hack to go online and spew party talking points?

No, it was a J-O-K-E. Truth be known, I've also repeated jokes about the LPC on these boards.

I did not single any poster out and start telling them that they should become advisors for the CPC because they are so <fill in the blank> now did I?

Maybe I was speaking out to the people who hadn't heard the joke. Are you implying that everything being said on these boards is being told for the first time? If so, you're sadly mistaken.

I doubt they'd be impressed with my CRAP acronym joke enough to bring me on board. But if you insist.... okay, I'll try.

No, it was a J-O-K-E. Truth be known, I've also repeated jokes about the LPC on these boards.

In the spirit of fairness and reducing partisanship on the board please share one of those LPoC jokes...

I posted this link a while back......

http://www.youthforvolpe.ca/

It was a big hit too if you must know even though that time too I got accused of posting things people had already seen.

Go through my posts if you wish. You'll find that in spite of my obvious partisan leanings, I have not discriminated in my joke-telling.

Only people who take themselves way too seriously can't laugh at their own beliefs.

Can YOU laugh at a CPC joke?

If I could make a buck doing this, I'd be in. But I highly doubt the LPC wants me to represent them. Dobbin could make a killing though. :)

It could supplement my Writers Guild of Canada money.

Still, I'd be pretty poor at it since I can't defend their environmental program for its slowness and ineffectiveness. Nor am I particularly enamoured by their rural strategy or the lack there of. I also disagree with regional development programs in lieu of a national infrastructure strategy.