Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

Go Sabres Go !

And uh....go Anaheim. How the H did San Jose lose to Detroit?

I have a thoery,

Uh, so your theory is the ghost theory? I hope the Senators win because I'd just love to see TO all envious and bitter, and the CBC catering to a smaller market for once.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, so your theory is the ghost theory? I hope the Senators win because I'd just love to see TO all envious and bitter, and the CBC catering to a smaller market for once.

Of course you would love to see the one Canadian team in the final four win, you are Canadian. My observation is that there seems to be a fair amount of anamosity againist Toronto within Canada.

And yes, I have this ghost thoery. The lineup of teams, the history with those teams. The Senators can have next year.

They've looked pretty good so far, but if anyone can Detroit will do it. The way they handled the Sharks surprised me. If Anaheim beats Detroit, then I tend to agree with you.

The problem I personally have with TO is the fact that Hockey Night in Canada keeps broadcasting their games ALL the time. Here in B.C. we would get them and never an Ottawa game when the Canucks weren't on. The thing is, the Leafs sucked, and we were NOT interested in watching them, but we didn't have a choice.

Is it just me or did the Leafs play more Saturdays than anyone else?

The problem I personally have with TO is the fact that Hockey Night in Canada keeps broadcasting their games ALL the time. Here in B.C. we would get them and never an Ottawa game when the Canucks weren't on. The thing is, the Leafs sucked, and we were NOT interested in watching them, but we didn't have a choice.

Profit and ad revenue is the only reason. More people want to see the Leafs, especially out west, than they do Ottawa. Now that may change, but I doubt it in the short term.

Is it just me or did the Leafs play more Saturdays than anyone else?

Not more than anyone else, but they were on HNIC more often than anyone. Again, profit and advert revenue

and the CBC catering to a smaller market for once.

The problem is why lose revenue ?

Sportsnet just annouced that they will pay the Leafs $700,000 per game to broadcast regional Leaf games.

For nothing else, it shows that the Leafs bring in the bucks. Now if we can get back into the playoffs....

Buffalo- Ottawa, This i think is going to be the most entertaining

series so far. So evenly matched it is hard to call.

Buffalo has home advantage,a win tonight in Buffalo

will eliminate that.

Skill vs Skill

The Spezza-Heatley-Alfredson line is playing better then i've ever

seen play,Emery is a rock solid wall, Volchenkov is the best shot blocker,

so much so that he should be considered Emerys' back up,Comrie,even

Fisher,Redden,are playing with a new found confidence,amazing what

winning a series can do for you,

just don't take any bad penalties,keep doing what you did against

Pittsburgh and New Jersey,no let up ,Put the hammer down!!!

SENS IN SEVEN

I haven't watched hockey since the strike. I'm into golf and the NFL.

The Raiders just drafted a monster quarterback, 6'6" 250+lbs and he can throw a football 80 yards, on the fly!

If the NFL strikes again I'll stick to golf alone - Woods won't strike anything but a golf ball 350+ yards. (My personal best 275 just last week.)

Man the Sens looked good in game one! I'd like to hear what all the doubters in Ottawa think now.

Ain't that the truth! Hockey fever has really hit this city. Lots of SENS car flags on the road. I say SENS in 6. Seems a lot of people predict the same.

No choking this year. They're going all the way.

Permit me to toot Ottawa's horn here. The SENS and their fans felt cursed as the team never won game 2 in any playoffs in its franchise history. Last night, the SENS beat Buffalo in the 2nd game in the second overtime period 4-3 in a nail-biter. The SENS now lead Buffalo 2-1 in the series. Game 3 goes on Monday in Ottawa.

Many of us would like to beat Buffalo and challenge Detroit for the top prize. There is history here with Detroit's goalie Dominic Hasek who once was the SENS' goalie. It would be sweet to get past him and his teammates, and bring the Cup to Canada.

The SENS now lead Buffalo 2-1 in the series. Game 3 goes on Monday in Ottawa.

It appears that Capricorn has turned whistleblower and has given the outcome to the game before it happened!

This calls for a parliamentary hearing.

Oops. Thanks, Canuck E Stan.

Hope I didn't bring a new jinx onto my team. Just got rid of a 16 year old curse, don't want another one so soon. :)

SENS won tonight 1 zip against Sabres and lead series 3-0, yes Canuck E Stan, 3-0. Hope I got it right this time. :)

Any chance we'll take it in 4? That would shut up the non-believers.

Looks like Canada has a shot at Lord Stanley's Cup.

Inside story,shhhh, but don't tell anyone......Sens will win it 4 games to 1,on Saturday night May 19th,3-2 in overtime.Winning goal at 9:32. :)

What do you think of this idea for next years playoffs?

The teams are ranked according to points only. No divisions or conferences used for ranking.

The top 7 teams pick who they want to play. Can be anyone who is in the playoffs. Created instant animosity amongst the teams.

I like it.

Oh, and can the Sabres come back from down 3? Lets hope so....I can not in all good consciousness, cheer for Ottawa.

Looks like Canada has a shot at Lord Stanley's Cup.

About time, too. Haven't had one of those since, uh, last year.

If Anaheim and Ottawa win, this would be the third straight season where a Canadian franchise goes up against a U.S. sunbelt team. Strange, given that its the ideal script for the league. I smell a conspiracy...

If Anaheim and Ottawa win, this would be the third straight season where a Canadian franchise goes up against a U.S. sunbelt team. Strange, given that its the ideal script for the league. I smell a conspiracy...

US sunbelt team wins on a judgement at the last second too? Like Calgary? Like Edmonton?

I know you hate all things Calgary, but you must admit Gelinas scored that goal, and play shouldn't have started until it was reviewed (partly Sutter's fault for letting his players take the faceoff, he should have left under protest or something).

The officiating in the Edmonton final was questionable at best.

Like I've said a few times, officiating has become more of making an entertaining (profitable) product than playing hockey.

Golf! Sabres! Golf!

If Detroit beats Anaheim, that would continue the following trend: in every calendar year that ended in ---7 the Stanley Cup has been won by either Detroit or a Canadian team.

Again, the officiating is horrible.

Bring on Detroit and be quick about it please. Don't want Canada's team too rested. SENS will clip the Wings off that pretend-goalie Hasek in 6 games to bring Stanley home.

In Ottawa, it is now 1 am. As we speak, I hear the car horns honking from my condo which is about 5 minutes from Parliament Hill. How sweet it is. :)

Again, the officiating is horrible.

When does it get to the point where the real NHL fans will have more say than the Miami beach and Longbeach surfers and we get the reffing the game deserves?

I love watching European hockey for the cleaner play, and nearly flawless officiating (refs do make honest mistakes). The international ice surface is as good as it gets for making the game faster and more dependant on skill (the NHL should look at this).

There are some European teams that are very phyiscal as well, it's not like it's watching women's hockey or anything... but I can assure you you won't be seeing too many elbows to the head.