Why Doesn't the US Respect Canada More?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JBG, you keep bumping this dead topic. On first glance, it sounds offensive, on second glance, it is just that people are self absorbed everywhere. I know you like keeping your topics alive, so why don't you bump the bridge one back to the head of the line.
You can if you want. I might, with the observation that there are 11 flags on the bridge. I counted while driving down I-287.

I will decide what topics of mine, or others, to bump. Is that alright with you? (sorry if I'm a bit testy. It's late and I'm tired).

• 2 weeks later...
America, through it's foreign policy , doesn't respect any country. PERIOD. America serves, it's OWN interests. This has nothing to do with 'respect'. which makes these questions irrelevant.
Yep. Pretty well nails it. Softwood lumber, and all that.
Back to the grind, eh? Welcome back.

• 1 year later...
JBG, you keep bumping this dead topic. On first glance, it sounds offensive, on second glance, it is just that people are self absorbed everywhere. I know you like keeping your topics alive, so why don't you bump the bridge one back to the head of the line.
Not a bad idea (link).

• 2 weeks later...
America respects its own Interest. Like thats changed from country to country and Nation to Nation for the span of human history. I mean come one what is there really going on in Canada. Your a Frozen popsicle of a country for what 7 months out of the year? Although you got some good culture in Toronto!

Correct.....the Americans aren't resented for looking out for their own interests, they are resented for doing so better than anybody else! :lol:

Edited by bush_cheney2004

America respects its own Interest. Like thats changed from country to country and Nation to Nation for the span of human history. I mean come one what is there really going on in Canada. Your a Frozen popsicle of a country for what 7 months out of the year? Although you got some good culture in Toronto!

Its obvious that you have extensive knowledge of Canada. :rolleyes:

I mean come one what is there really going on in Canada. Your a Frozen popsicle of a country for what 7 months out of the year? Although you got some good culture in Toronto!

Its obvious that you have extensive knowledge of Canada.

Don't be too hard on him. After all he is one of those guys who come from that place where all the guys wear Howdy Doody outfits and the women are all called June Cleaver.

Whoopee! This thread has morphed into the "how ignorant a stereotype can I spew" thread.

Don't be too hard on him. After all he is one of those guys who come from that place where all the guys wear Howdy Doody outfits and the women are all called June Cleaver.

Whoopee! This thread has morphed into the "how ignorant a stereotype can I spew" thread.

Yes yes, Lets spin a joke post into a thread about intelligence. But you are correct Ive only been to Toronto 4 times, Montreal twice, and Windsor...12 times or so.

Yes yes, Lets spin a joke post into a thread about intelligence. But you are correct Ive only been to Toronto 4 times, Montreal twice, and Windsor...12 times or so.

The US does not respect Canada because the definition of respect is the mutual transpherence of power - respect is the transphere of power and the return of power to the giver - America is simply the bully and our buisness elite will kiss butt to ensure profits - it's biblical - like the dog that waits for a few scraps to fall from the masters table - America is our master because we lack confidence and bravery and are easily bought like a prostitute.

LOL

West Coast.

Mountains.

Ocean.

Hectares upon hectares of real wilderness.

Like Oregon and Washington but with less people.

Lots of rain means lots of green -- must have machete to go through woods, not skidoo LOL -- does America even HAVE any "woods" left?

You think that we are "frozen" most of the year -- my image of America is a land completely paved over with maybe an acre of "wild" radiata pine forest between crowded stinking cities. Ewww! It would be impossible to get lost in the wilderness in the USA. One just need to walk to an hour from absolutely anywhere (cept Alaska, it's Canadian anyway LOL) to find pavement and buildings. Here in Canada you could walk for a year and not see pavement.

And we like it that way. More privacy, more clean air, more nature. Americans loathe nature, eh? They pave everything!

How do you live like that? Crowded like sardines? Breathing in each others breaths! Ewwww! AHA! Now I know why the level of stupidity! Your are breathing in your neighbours carbon dioxide making your brain kinda loopy! Maybe you all should get free oxygen bottles... 'cause you have no trees to provide it for you -- Oprah will buy them for you all if you atttend her show. :lol:

/just teasin'!

LOL

West Coast.

Mountains.

Ocean.

Hectares upon hectares of real wilderness.

Like Oregon and Washington but with less people.

Lots of rain means lots of green -- must have machete to go through woods, not skidoo LOL -- does America even HAVE any "woods" left?

You think that we are "frozen" most of the year -- my image of America is a land completely paved over with maybe an acre of "wild" radiata pine forest between crowded stinking cities. Ewww! It would be impossible to get lost in the wilderness in the USA. One just need to walk to an hour from absolutely anywhere (cept Alaska, it's Canadian anyway LOL) to find pavement and buildings. Here in Canada you could walk for a year and not see pavement.

And we like it that way. More privacy, more clean air, more nature. Americans loathe nature, eh? They pave everything!

How do you live like that? Crowded like sardines? Breathing in each others breaths! Ewwww! AHA! Now I know why the level of stupidity! Your are breathing in your neighbours carbon dioxide making your brain kinda loopy! Maybe you all should get free oxygen bottles... 'cause you have no trees to provide it for you -- Oprah will buy them for you all if you atttend her show. :lol:

/just teasin'!

Lets go to China and start a green movement...they will welcome us with open arms...and a lead pipe. We sure are foolish for stopping cars from moving in Toronto - to impove the air - and in the mean time we enforce and support the dystruction of the atmosphere and water by China - a dark cloud is forming over China and in time we will be breathing it - and we will continue to be jerks and pander on and on about being so damned green - the only tbing left green will be the money...off topic? Oh well.

US population 2007 (est.) -- 303,111,027

Canadian population (est) 2007 -- 33,122,819

US landmass including Alaska and Hawaii -- 3,717,813 sq mi (9,629,091 sq km)

Canada landmass (including Quebec LOL) - 3.8 million sq mi (9.9 million sq km)

USA – 81 people per square mile (can you say s-a-r-d-i-n-e-s?)

Canada – 1 person (.86 persons actually) per square mile (ahhhh, fresh breathable air!)

Which country do you think has more pavement? Which has more wilderness?

Canada – 1 person (.86 persons actually) per square mile (ahhhh, fresh breathable air!)

Which country do you think has more pavement? Which has more wilderness?

Think we could get more pavement? Probably not seeing the old Italian labour force is retired - I guess we will never be great now seeing all we have are computer workers making nothing..jezzz the good old days when all be did was pave and pave and pave - Now all we have in the out lying areas are pot holes and corrupt contractors.

Guest American Woman

Yet 75-80% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. border. Why would you all choose to do that, considering you have 3.8 million square miles to spread out in?

Now if you were using all that land equally, and not mostly living close to the American border, you'd have a point. I'd be curious to know what the land mass is just taking into account that hundred mile area and what the person per square mile would be using that area and 75-80% of Canada's population. B)

Yet 75-80% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. border. Why would you all choose to do that, considering you have 3.8 million square miles to spread out in?

Now if you were using all that land equally, and not mostly living close to the American border, you'd have a point. I'd be curious to know what the land mass is just taking into account that hundred mile area and what the person per square mile would be using that area and 75-80% of Canada's population. B)

Do I smell a litte hint of American coveting going on here? What the heck - come take it - and bring some of your friends...ooops - forgot - America has no friends---no knocking the individual but the pludering by your almost former administration was of the highest order - thank God we will soon have Obama who will hand over the nation to Islam with the help of Rev. Wright - and of course it will be out of pure spite - we are afraid of you because you can hurt us...and those that fear America are not respected by her..Those that stand up to America are also not respected - they are distroyed - and that's the bottom line - America is the centre and master of terrorism - espeically in the last 10 years since you let orgainized crime into the white house - now why did you allow this - maybe you are not so smart after all.. :lol:

California has roughly the same population of all of Canada.

Imagine it! 30 million people jammed into an area smaller than all of BC! Creeps me out.

AW, it is called sunshine and we like it too ;)

Why is 10% of your population jammed into California? Because of Hollywood? 30 million actor wannabes? Or because Mexico is right next door and you all wanna be Mexican? LOL Why it's the weather of course!

I grew up in the northern Interior of BC and we used to get 6 feet of snow (2 metres actually, but we used standard measure back then LOL). Now they are lucky to get 2 feet all season. Global climate change. Poor kids in the north can't even build snow forts anymore! As the shit hits the fan in America... I see many Canadians moving to more northern climes to escape the inevitable rioting and illegal Americans coming here when Obama loses.

/barely kidding. ;)

Guest American Woman

Imagine it! 30 million people jammed into an area smaller than all of BC! Creeps me out.

Why is 10% of your population jammed into California? Because of Hollywood? 30 million actor wannabes? Or because Mexico is right next door and you all wanna be Mexican? LOL Why it's the weather of course!

Thank you for proving my point. You may have all that land, but hardly any of you want to live in most of it. Imagine it! 26 million people crammed within 100 miles of the U.S. border-- all, apparently, grasping for the 'best' weather available to Canadians.

Since the obvious still seems to be totally escaping you, let's look at the population of British Columbia, which is 4 million. Now let's look at the population of the greater Vancouver area, which would be about 2 million. So again, who cares how big BC is when half it's population is crowded into one area? "LOL"

I grew up in the northern Interior of BC and we used to get 6 feet of snow (2 metres actually, but we used standard measure back then LOL). Now they are lucky to get 2 feet all season. Global climate change. Poor kids in the north can't even build snow forts anymore! As the shit hits the fan in America... I see many Canadians moving to more northern climes to escape the inevitable rioting and illegal Americans coming here when Obama loses.

/barely kidding. ;)

There is no such thing as illegals swarming up from the south after being jettisoned by the corrupt Mexican mafia families who have come to the conclution that the slaves are to expensive to feed and they no longer need them...ha :P we in Canada do not have to worry about the dumping of surplus human wealth - we are being dumbed on already from the east - have you had a good look at the faces of the average immigrant dumped in Toronto? They are not sending their best - and before you know it - being strong and smart will become dangerous - ever been swarmed by a million fire ants controlled by the wizard of liberality? It's not pretty.

Thank you for proving my point. You may have all that land, but hardly any of you want to live in most of it. Imagine it! 26 million people crammed within 100 miles of the U.S. border-- all, apparently, grasping for the 'best' weather available to Canadians.

Since the obvious still seems to be totally escaping you, let's look at the population of British Columbia, which is 4 million. Now let's look at the population of the greater Vancouver area, which would be about 2 million. So again, who cares how big BC is when half it's population is crowded into one area? "LOL"

But, and here's the rub... wait for it.....

I can leave Vancouver and go to the wilderness. I can be in the utter wilderness in less than an hour. Can you do that from where you live? LOL

I was up visiting my dad in the interior and looking around for a piece of land to buy. Land in the middle of nowhere with nice little creek and lots of trees. Hubby and I plan on purchasing at least a few acres so that we can escape the inevitable war that America is so desperately trying to bring to her shores. And if America wakes up and there is no war, then we have a nice summer vacation spot, all isolated and wild.

Even to a citygirl like you, that must sound awesome! ;)

Guest American Woman
But, and here's the rub... wait for it.....

I can leave Vancouver and go to the wilderness. I can be in the utter wilderness in less than an hour. Can you do that from where you live? LOL

I can do it in less than an hour, so I guess that means I "win," eh? :lol:

Now tell me again how 30 million Canadians live in "all that land." :P

I do not believe you. I do not believe you live in an area where you can be surrounded by pure wilderness (no cell phone service OMG!).

I bet if you keep walking you will run into another city within a day.

In Canada you start walking and you could end up NEVER seeing civilization again -- just keep walking north... no cities, no roads, nada, zip, just beautiful wilderness.

Us 30 million Canadians like the lack of population. We don't want to be wall to wall pavement.

I grew up with no indoor plumbing, eating moose meat and melting snow for water. I know I can survive the wilderness. Could you?

Back to the thread topic -- respect.

I have no respect for those who have no respect for themselves -- who have no self-reliance, no fortitude. And that is why I have no respect for the majority of Americans. They rely on god, government , McDonald's and Walmart and have largely forgotten what "fortitude" means. (It does not mean "respect me! I have a gun!" LOL)

Cheers!

I do not believe you. I do not believe you live in an area where you can be surrounded by pure wilderness (no cell phone service OMG!).

I bet if you keep walking you will run into another city within a day.

In Canada you start walking and you could end up NEVER seeing civilization again -- just keep walking north... no cities, no roads, nada, zip, just beautiful wilderness.

Us 30 million Canadians like the lack of population. We don't want to be wall to wall pavement.

I grew up with no indoor plumbing, eating moose meat and melting snow for water. I know I can survive the wilderness. Could you?

Back to the thread topic -- respect.

I have no respect for those who have no respect for themselves -- who have no self-reliance, no fortitude. And that is why I have no respect for the majority of Americans. They rely on god, government , McDonald's and Walmart and have largely forgotten what "fortitude" means. (It does not mean "respect me! I have a gun!" LOL)

Cheers!

I am stuck in the core of a city - It would be so wonderful to be puttering through a swamp in a canoe right now...just floating in the reeds - now that is heaven.