Children As Decoys

Well...this is a disturbing new tactic. Children in the backseat are confirmed to have been used as a decoy to allow car bombers through a Baghdad checkpoint...then they were blown up.

“Children in the back seat lower suspicion,” he said (Maj. Gen. Michael Barbaro), according to a transcript. “We let it move through. They parked the vehicle. The adults run out and detonate it with the children in back.”

I'm not sure what else to say... I'm also not sure what would motivate someone or some group to employ such horrible methods. I'd die for my wife and kids...not the other way around.

Link.... Link 2.... Link 3....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The insane, on occasion, are not without their charms.

---Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chewbacca Defence

So, how are the fake Moon Landings going? I see you're as far-out as ever. Anyways, I'm sure you forgot to add these "sex slaves" are kept where? On the top 5 floors of the Burj al-Arab? Sounds possible, eh?....no cameras are allowed inside, apparently...lol. (Hands roll of tin foil to PN for fresh hat).

Either way...the story remains the same.

Police (Iraqi), meanwhile, said children had been used as decoys in a weekend car bombing in which the driver gained permission to park in a busy Shiite shopping area after he pointed out he was leaving his children in the back seat.

The bomb was exploded with the children still in the car, police said, perhaps signaling a new tactic by insurgents who are seeking to foment all-out civil war between Shiites and Sunnis.

A police commander in north Baghdad's Shaab neighborhood speculated the youngsters were kidnap victims. He and other police officers who reported the incident spoke on condition of anonymity, saying they were not authorized to release the information to reporters.

The accounts appeared to confirm one given Tuesday in Washington by Maj. Gen. Michael Barbero, deputy director for regional operations on the Joint Staff.

Barbero said a car used in a Sunday bombing had been waved through a U.S. checkpoint because soldiers saw youngsters in the back. He called it a brutal tactic by insurgents seeking to battle the security crackdown in Baghdad.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=6260939

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

---Rodney Dangerfield

The globalists outlined their plan to break up Iraq in Clash Of Civilizations. If these terrorists are doiing the sectariuan violence then they are working for the globalists. Therefore this is not the Chewbacca defence.

So your position on this latest car bombing horror is that the "globalists" are using "Haliburton sex slaves" to further sectarian violence in Iraq?

As that doesn't make any sense, it sure sounds like the Chewbacca Defence to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

---Groucho Marx

Note that Reuters calls homicide bombers "insurgents" and the attack "militant" you never see the word terrorist; likely befcause Reuters believes that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

What kind of "freedom fighter" deliberately blows up children in a vehicle, what kind of scumbags could even conceive of such a thing. The same scumbags who strap bombs onto kids I suppose.

This is why we have a problem getting rid of them as we cannot and will not bring ourselves to stoop that low.

Note that Reuters calls homicide bombers "insurgents" and the attack "militant" you never see the word terrorist; likely befcause Reuters believes that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Aye...and for PC reasons, we don't use the word 'enemy' anymore. Like we'll all be dancing hand-in-hand in a flower filled field with these monsters if we can just 'solve our differences'. These terrorists are my enemies out of principle if nothing else. Screw political correctness. You might notice that even though the terrorists have employed chemical weapons in some attacks we never accuse them of using 'weapons of mass destruction' (300+ injured in one gas attack, apparently) but will get our underwear all in a knot if a GI tosses a Willy Pete (white phosphorus) grenade to smoke out the scum.

Isn't the abiltity to justify anything a basic requirement to be a fanatic?

It must be as a normal person couldn't do such a thing. Even during the darkest moments of the Battle of Stalingrad...or Berlin even, they didn't strap bombs to children to be used as suicide weapons...and that was certainly a lot worse a situation for the involved parties (Soviet/German/Axis). Though "child soldiers" were common on the Eastern Front at certain points in time, this is different. This is just murder...plain and simple.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there an equality of power between America and Iraq? Definitely not; however, the Iraqi people are standing fast and are defending their land courageously.

---Bashar al-Assad

And yet they don't call them "freedom fighters" either. I don't know where you wingers got the idea that any word other than "terrorist" is an endorsement.

This is why we have a problem getting rid of them as we cannot and will not bring ourselves to stoop that low.

The implicit argument here being that we should.

Yeah, right. They may be barbarians, terrorists or whatever you want to call them. That does mean that you should be there teaching them how to live. In other words: who made you the manager here?

I assume you meant to say "doesn't" rather than "does". I call them monsters and that's what they are. They drove a car with children in it into a public market...parked it...got out leaving the kids inside...then blew the car up. I think someone is in desperate need of being taught SOMETHING. How they're taught is up for debate.

And yet they don't call them "freedom fighters" either. I don't know where you wingers got the idea that any word other than "terrorist" is an endorsement.

I doubt you could even guess my political position. The media is good at painting a picture grey. As mentioned...screams about Marines using WP...but not a peep from the same folks re: chlorine gas attacks. This horror will also be made minimal...kinda like the entire Darfur ker-schmuzzle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just remember, there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything...and the wrong way is to keep trying to make everybody else do it the right way.

---Colonel Sherman T. Potter 4077th M*A*S*H

I doubt you could even guess my political position.

I'm sure one could guess and get it quite close...

The media is good at painting a picture grey.

Which is kinda their job and all...

As mentioned...screams about Marines using WP...but not a peep from the same folks re: chlorine gas attacks.

What "folks". Please clarify.

This horror will also be made minimal...kinda like the entire Darfur ker-schmuzzle.

I don't get the sense the media has minimized Darfur at all. But, unlike Iraq, we don't have a dog in that fight. It's mighty hard to get people in North America worked up over that kind of conflict. Though I will say the people who are beating the drum for Darfur tend to be the same type of people who were against the was on Iraq and not the opposite.

I'm sure one could guess and get it quite close...

But you didn't...so we'll never know.

Which is kinda their job and all...

Used to be facts...now it's more like entertainment.

What "folks". Please clarify.

There's always a few in every crowd...

I don't get the sense the media has minimized Darfur at all. But, unlike Iraq, we don't have a dog in that fight. It's mighty hard to get people in North America worked up over that kind of conflict. Though I will say the people who are beating the drum for Darfur tend to be the same type of people who were against the was on Iraq and not the opposite.

Dar-where? I agree it's hard to get worked up about distant thunder. I'm against all war if that helps with your political assessment of me. But I also think we should force birth control onto any culture that still figure having 12 kids before the mom is 30 is a good thing for planet Earth. I'm pro-abortion yet against using abortion as a form of birth control. I think we should execute offenders for crimes of violence yet be kind to all animals...even spiders and snakes. I fight hard to save the environment...drive within the speed limit and want to get rid of oil as a source of energy. I want to avoid letting 3rd world cultures trump our own in our own land...yet keep Canada as a home to those fleeing terror and war. I want an economy that doesn't rely on growth in a finate world...yet want everyone to enjoy at least a middle-class standard of living. I want a world where they play good gangster movies on a regular basis...yet I want real organized crime and gangs removed from society like the cancers they are. I want all religions to be reduced to the old tired myths that they are while retaining the morality that they teach us. I want to ban all hand guns (except for police) yet think the long gun registry is a farce. I want banks to stop charging us to use our own money...yet believe in a global government. I want a Canada where my kids can grow up in and be safe yet not so safe that they are afraid of their own shadows. I think teachers should have more power over students...yet don't agree with corpral punishment. I think we should be spending more on manned space flight...but still want the potholes on my streets filled promptly. I want....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Max: The best thing to do is to get your ass out of here. Best way that you can.

Billy: Yeah, but how?

Max: Catch the midnight express.

Billy: But what's that?

Max: [laughs] Well it's not a train. It's a prison word for... escape. But it doesn't stop around here.

---Midnight Express

Haven't seen a whiskey pete thread from you.

Just because I don't look under my bed every night for bankers doesn't mean I confuse what chemical weapons are as opposed to a military smoke bomb. But you are free to...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy your time in public service. It may well be one of the most interesting and challenging times of your life.

---Donald Rumsfeld

I assume you meant to say "doesn't" rather than "does". I call them monsters and that's what they are. They drove a car with children in it into a public market...parked it...got out leaving the kids inside...then blew the car up. I think someone is in desperate need of being taught SOMETHING. How they're taught is up for debate.

Well, do you happen to think the children suffered worse fate than those who died (I won't go into numbers) of phoshorus, napalm, cluster bombs as collateral damage, while the lesson was being taught? Not to mention hunger and epidemics.

All this is simply a red herring. No one asked you there - you shouldn't have gone there. Maybe and quite likely it would have saved a few children's lives.

Well, do you happen to think the children suffered worse fate than those who died (I won't go into numbers) of phoshorus, napalm, cluster bombs as collateral damage, while the lesson was being taught? Not to mention hunger and epidemics.

That is irrelevant. You're free to point out the times US troops killed children in order to kill more children.

But I do admire your attempt to make this into something that it isn't....red herring. Shall I just check the box marked "Hates America" next to your name and we'll call it a day?

Maybe and quite likely it would have saved a few children's lives.

Oh, please...your heart is bleeding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?

Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression!

Reg: Symbolic of your struggle against reality, more like.

---

The fact that these people use children to add horror to their bombings is completely lost on some. Because in the opinions of a few that we should not be there negates the horror of the situation. It doesn't matter that it happens because the end justifies the means. I do not understand why people don't look at the situation for it is.

Hmmm.

Who knows how many Iraqi children died( estimated in the hundreds of thousands) because the Americans refused them to obtain medicine during the 90,s

I would say the Americans used them as far worse than pawns or decoys

Errr, no. It was because saddam used the money for palaces and weapons procurement instead. Where do all these ridiculous notions come from, anyway?

Well no, that is not true.

it was the Americans who would not allow outside aid, such as medicine, to enter into Iraq.

Just like many things the Americans do.

In an attempt to show their former friends who is running the show, the little people paid the price

Come on now, dont show obvious hatred. You need to hide it better !

Lets see now....Germany, France and Russia had no problems getting things into Iraq. Maybe they should have put meds on the pallets. But of course you wouldnt think that , your hatred blinds you.

Hmmm.

Who knows how many Iraqi children died( estimated in the hundreds of thousands) because the Americans refused them to obtain medicine during the 90,s

I would say the Americans used them as far worse than pawns or decoys

my point is proved! keep taking the truth of the matter and spinning it to your desire. It doesn't matter whats happening, just as long as it can be spun into something to be used like a weapon. And BTW THE USA WAS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT PUT SANCTIONS ON IRAQ.

And BTW THE USA WAS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT PUT SANCTIONS ON IRAQ.

I agree

But lets face facts.

Many a country do as the Americans demand.

As you see Canada ( Harper) doing right now

Wait a sec ...didnt you just say "it was the Americans who would not allow outside aid, such as medicine, to enter into Iraq."...and then I let you know Germany France and Russia could have intervened and your response was " Whatever" ?

So which is it? Did the Americans control France and Russia et al or not?

(or you could just say oops and hide for a moment)