Justin Trudeu

JMH

Why is this person on my television?

Apart from being a pampered blue-blooded immbisile, what causes the Canadian media to zero-in on this

individual?

What credentials does this man hold that allows him to berate the current Liberal leadership candidates, all of whom possess far higher degrees of education along with many years of public service in their porfolios.

A school teacher? I should have known. School teachers tend to be dellusional with regards to their appropriate place in society.........nothing new.

I suppose the Canadian media is always looking for a "first family". Trudeu? Gimme a break..........the kid cant even speak propper english.

I suppose the Canadian media is always looking for a "first family". Trudeu? Gimme a break..........the kid cant even speak propper english.

I've heard his spelling is excellent though.

Perhaps he is trying to land a show like Canadian Idol.

I think a Ben v. Justin debate would be about the most watched political event in Canadian history, not because it's good, but because we are apathetic to real politics and way more favourable to the glamour.

Hence why Justin would actually likely be quite successful as a public face for the Liberals.

Politics in Canada, and much of the world, is all style and no substance.

I think a Ben v. Justin debate would be

...the most painful television-watching experience of my entire life. Barely considered Liberal platitudes vs. barely understood Conservative platitudes. Sentences beginning with, "As my father once said...". The horror. I'm becoming nauseous justing thinking about it.

Justin Trudeu also supports the Canadian Military's Mission in Afghanistan.. :D

The Trudeu's are like the Kennedy's in Canada they just haven't killed anyone such as uncle Ted's drunk driving adventure..

Ben Mulroney doesn't pretend to be anything other than what he is.

Really. I thought he was a political columnist when he isn't hosting Idol.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/T.../11/416505.html

The readership revolted against his assinine writings and opinions and he writes no more........... on the other hand Justin is turning out to be a guru of his own ski hill.......

Pity me, I'm famous

Justin Trudeau has an oddly perverse way of looking at Pierre Trudeau's life story. "When my father was my age he was still backpacking around the world and beginning to write ..."

Well, no, actually. Justin is now 34. Pierre Trudeau was 34 in 1953. By then, his friends knew him as a world traveller but they also knew him as accomplished and effective.

He had played a part in the historic asbestos strike of 1949-1950, a crucial event in the development of Quebec labour unions. With several friends, he had started (in 1950) the most influential Canadian political journal of the 20th century, the secular, anticlerical and humanist Cite libre. He had acquired a law degree. He had represented unions on labour arbitration boards. He had worked in the Privy Council Office in Ottawa, to learn about how Confederation works. And the year he turned 34 he was chosen to write the Quebec labour unions' brief to the Tremblay royal commission on federal-provincial relations.

Justin has taught high school and chaired a youth volunteer service. He's running a "youth task force" for the Liberal party while working on an MA in environmental geography at McGill. Should he imagine emulating his father, he's already running at least 10 years behind. On the other hand, by the age of 34, Pierre Trudeau had not yet appeared on the cover of a gossip magazine like Hello! and (so far as the record shows) had not yet given his first newspaper interview about the cruel problems presented by a life of privilege.

Poor Justin, a legend in his own mind.

:(

The readership revolted against his assinine writings and opinions and he writes no more........... on the other hand Justin is turning out to be a guru of his own ski hill.......

Mulroney doesn't have his regular column, that's correct.

I am not in awe of Trudeau but I don't forget that Mulroney fancied himself as a keep political observer as well.

Justin Trudeau is a farily young and while not overly educated he is well educated. He was brought up by his father who we all know very well for his own political views and he would not have escaped all those views during his upbringing. So yes I do find that he would be a person I would watch and want to see just where his views would be and come from. Not because I think he will become a leader in politics but rather out of curiosity, knowing who he is and where he comes from.

I wonder at those who would write off anything this person has to say, because of issues they may have held against his father. This is a chance to look at and see just what being rasised in the shadow of a very wise and powerful mans shadow, and how it can and would effect their children. It is more like why is it that the children of a CEO of a large company do well themselves in life, within companies that are not connected to their fathers. Is it because the father has passed on a lifestyle that they feel confident in achiving, or is it the higher education they get?

I really do not think that Ben Mulruney is a great person and yes I believe that if not for his fathers influence he would not be on any TV show. He is pathetic as a MC and while he may grow with experience, it is plainly seen that no one without help and backing would ever get the opporunities he has been given.

I must say that even though I believe that both these young men have many things past on to them by their fathers, it will be interesting to see how each plays out thier lot in life. That to me is more interesting then much of what now passes for TV entertainment.

Justin Trudeau is a farily young and while not overly educated he is well educated. He was brought up by his father who we all know very well for his own political views and he would not have escaped all those views during his upbringing. So yes I do find that he would be a person I would watch and want to see just where his views would be and come from. Not because I think he will become a leader in politics but rather out of curiosity, knowing who he is and where he comes from.

I wonder at those who would write off anything this person has to say, because of issues they may have held against his father.

I think the point is that there is nothing whatsoever which is remarkable about this young man, and so the only reason he garners such attention is because of his family name. Why should he be up on a stage harranguing anyone, as opposed to, say, me, or the guy down the street, or, I don't know, someone of substance and accomplishment? Simply because of his name? The media is shallow, and it likes hi pretty face and hopes his name will garner attention. But he really has done nothing which would lend his words any more importance than those of anyone else.

But he really has done nothing which would lend his words any more importance than those of anyone else.

I find the same about his mother, who after divorcing Trudeau, remarrying and having two children by Kempler, went back to using Trudeau as her last name, but for only one reason.....it gives her more credibility.

But what has she done to deserve the notority. Nothing.

Yet, with all the interest by the media in Justin, the media doesn't make issue of Trudeau's love child with the Newfoundland lawyer or presenting them and their opinions to the public.

I'm guessing he is preparing for a run at politics in the future, gradually prepare the groundwork then wade in, in a few years. I would think he'd have a good chance at winning in any Liberal stronghold/riding based on the name alone. He is a federalist, so we know where he stands on that one, and he did say:

In a National Post interview he said he thinks the Liberals need to "spend some time in the wilderness", he didn't exactly endorse the Conservatives but did say

"I'd like to see the Conservatives come back to being a strong, credible, national force," so he can't be all bad :lol:

I think a Ben v. Justin debate would be

...the most painful television-watching experience of my entire life. Barely considered Liberal platitudes vs. barely understood Conservative platitudes. Sentences beginning with, "As my father once said...". The horror. I'm becoming nauseous justing thinking about it.

Does Ben lead with his chin as well?