Who Should Lead A New Conservative Party

Who would be the best leader of a CP  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Stevey is still my horse.

Regarding two of your options, Lord and Charest, they are both in the first year of their new provincial mandates. Simply leaving in order to try to become leader of a new federal party is highly problematic for both of them, isn't it?

Actually, now that I think about it, that reality might be one reason Harper made the merger move in the first place. He knows many other possible contenders are out of the running.

And I still don't think Mike Harris is the dream candidate so many on the Right seem to think he is.

For some reason, I would rather see Harper square off against Martin than Harris. I think he may be better suited for the task.

The list looks to normal after seeing all the kooks in California that are running.

I've been thinking that if I am going to have to listen to someone lie to me for the next 4 or 8 years they should be funny at least so they could be entertaining.

Not sure if any of these are right wingers or not. How about:

Dan Akroyd

William Shatner

or some rock stars, that would help to get the youth vote out.

Gord Downie

Bruce Cockburn

or Comedians, least we can laugh while getting shafted

Rick Mercer

Any of the SCTVers

Don Cherry

Thomas Chong

Howie Mandel

Rich Little

Kids in the Hall guys

Norm Mcdonald

Mike Mcdonald

Lets not discount the sexist vote, someone who would be nice to look at while we get shafted

Catherine Clark

Kim Catrall

Carole Laure

Shannon Tweed

Lewis MacKenzie. Painfully honest and the only people that hate him are ineffectual Liberals.
I wouldn't be quite so sure about that.

Lets not forget. Mackenzie served a term as the lead peacekeeper during a very messy situation in Bosnia. He is seen by some as having taken sides in a confrontation in which ethnic groups here had some interest. That's bound to leave some people bitter. And they're not necessarily liberals.

Besides, he's a political neophyte.

Besides, he's a political neophyte.

Charismatic, honest, knows how to get stuff done and being a "neophyte" is what we need. Unless you think we have the best of the best in politics today. Remembering such wise ones as Mulrooney, Clark, Cretien, Copps, McGlaughlin and all, I'd say time for new blood, less experience at ripping off the people the better.

Stockwell Day [ 1 ] [12.50%]

heh, no comment.

Well before too many people vote for their Leader. I would have to say that Harper would probably get the majority. There are several people qualified for this, though who knows who will get it. Hopefully, the Right will unite soon and we will be able to see the true power of the right.

• 9 years later...

Never mind my humourous atttempt. But all jokes aside, the conservative party would have to stray a great deal away from the pasture to get aquaintanted with the common Canadian again. We have been ruled out of the PM's office rather than parliment for too long now to accept very much that comes out of Ottowa. I believe that Harper thinks he is smarter than everyone else and this will be his undoing. He is a naccissistic megalomaniac and all the press suppression in the world will never keep it from the country forever. I am looking forward to hearing from you losers soon just to see how exactly and how much your stupidety inhibits yourselves from recognizing reality. This P***K is going to take our country to the brink of ruination and if you don't see it you must be blind. He is of limited intelligence and yet you undoubltabley bow to him. When will you wake up and realize.

f++k I can't hardly believe this. you people are A) living with your heads up your asses, B) doing too many drugs or C) mentally not capably. Let me just say this and I will try to explain myself, you sound young. And therefore have no explerience. And therefore should just go off on any old fucking thing you hear. And by the way where did you ever hear that this prick we have for a prime minister is so great? Maybe what you need to do is discuss with some others and gain a more balanced opiion. Youth is great cause your young, but it is not so good if you are fucking stupid. Just ask an IRA sometime.

I believe that what the country is looking for my friends and I include my french amies as well. And that is a government that is all inclusive. It isn't only for conservatives and it isn't only for liberals or NDP's. It will be for us. That is radical for most of you and I expect much resistance. But that is only because you are assholes. And I repeat myself Assholes. They will come a time when my day and everyone's day will come and you have no choice. it is only a matter of time. If this world is to continue your world of greed and avarice will be ended. The rich will be eaten. So to speak. They certainly will be dealt with. After all there is only one world and it truly does belong to all of us and as much as you think of yourself and believe that you deserve to be treated better the fact remains we are created equal and you cannot change that. c'est la vie. mon ami

I am looking forward to hearing from you losers soon just to see how exactly and how much your stupidety inhibits yourselves from recognizing reality.

Hi nimiru - please read the rules & guidelines for the site. You're not permitted to troll or insult here. If any member feels that you're insulting or trolling, they may report you to the moderators who review the site regularly.

Never mind my humourous atttempt. But all jokes aside, the conservative party would have to stray a great deal away from the pasture to get aquaintanted with the common Canadian again. We have been ruled out of the PM's office rather than parliment for too long now to accept very much that comes out of Ottowa. I believe that Harper thinks he is smarter than everyone else and this will be his undoing. He is a naccissistic megalomaniac and all the press suppression in the world will never keep it from the country forever. I am looking forward to hearing from you losers soon just to see how exactly and how much your stupidety inhibits yourselves from recognizing reality. This P***K is going to take our country to the brink of ruination and if you don't see it you must be blind. He is of limited intelligence and yet you undoubltabley bow to him. When will you wake up and realize.

Common canadian, he is one of us. The closest we've had to the common man in a very long time, unless you mean the people of TO.Then yes he has very little in common with the entitlement people.