Who Should Lead A New Conservative Party

Who would be the best leader of a CP  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple threads exist.

Apparently my thread was deleted... ... exactly the same as this one only Liberal Party in there. Talk about censorship.

What about Justin Trudeau, apparently he is an elistist who had a privileged upbringing and is out of touch with middle class Canadians.

Seems like he can draw a lot of the CPC core vote and conservative superdelegates with that profile.

Edited by shortlived

Apparently my thread was deleted... ... exactly the same as this one only Liberal Party in there. Talk about censorship.

What about Justin Trudeau, apparently he is an elistist who had a privileged upbringing and is out of touch with middle class Canadians.

Seems like he can draw a lot of the CPC core vote and conservative superdelegates with that profile.

Really? Let's look at the last few Liberal leaders. We can start with millionaire Trudeau, if you like. Behind him was Ignatief. I think most would consider Ignatief an elitist. Before him was Dion, an academic elitist. Before him was Martin, a multimillionaire elitist, and then there was Chretien, another multimillionaire elitist. Before him was Turner, briefly, a banking exec elitist, then Trudeau the first, another elitist. Seems to me that elitists out of touch with the middle class is something of a Liberal Party tradition.

The Tories are led by a middle of the road economist. Before him was, er Stockwell day, then Preston Manning, also definitely not elitist types.

Really? Let's look at the last few Liberal leaders. We can start with millionaire Trudeau, if you like. Behind him was Ignatief. I think most would consider Ignatief an elitist. Before him was Dion, an academic elitist. Before him was Martin, a multimillionaire elitist, and then there was Chretien, another multimillionaire elitist. Before him was Turner, briefly, a banking exec elitist, then Trudeau the first, another elitist. Seems to me that elitists out of touch with the middle class is something of a Liberal Party tradition.

The Tories are led by a middle of the road economist. Before him was, er Stockwell day, then Preston Manning, also definitely not elitist types.

Huh?

Dude as far as I'm aware Trudeau I was a pretty long term politician, political elitist would be more appropriate. Turner was also a life long politician, so too chretien, any millions he earned was probably in office, Martin of course was a little bit of an inheritor of his fathers wealth.. who just happened to also be a politician.....

All I know about Stephen Harper is that he went to school the same time as Col. Williams and Paul Bernardo, was from Toronto, dropped out ... and moved to take a job half way across the country he got from his father who was an oil worker, eventually, he moved from imperial oil accountant to professor by moonlighting his job with classes.. still he has shown time and time again the days of reform values have been flushed down the toilet. None the less I'm not sure about stockwell day, and he is retired now regardless, none the less manning seems to also be a political prodigy from his dads days heading social credit. You seemed to forget mulrooney who was a Power Corp puppet and legal elitist (and still is) as well as Joe Clark, which I really have no clue he seemed friendly enough... and who was before that... was that Diefenbaker?

You seemed to omit bob rae, none the less both rae and ignatieff are private school kids, trudeau II (who has not been crowned just yet, still another two months till that), even held normal people jobs and got a teaching degree. If not for the unfortunate death of his two brothers in that skiing accident who knows what the fortunes of the party might look like today. None the less martin seemed like a friendly business person minded person, chretien no idea but he was in the party for decades as an MP he didn't get the name sheninignang(sic) strangler for nothing, he would have just been strangler if he didn't have such as strong connection to his riding for so many years. Oh and Turner was an MP for as long as the queen was queen, he danced with her before she was married even how do you think he got his job? None the less I think PartyElitist is far more approprirate. I'm not totally sure when Stephen Harper joined the CPC all I know is that sometime between 1980 and 1990 he seemed toswtch they say because of trudeaus NEP seems his families background with IMperial oil and liberals 'backstabbing' oil is what this was about... seems his own people are more important than Canada and that shows.

Edited by shortlived