What exactly is wonderful about being "Blonde"

RB

Well, the desire to be blonde by all types of folks is all too powerful to neglect some discussions.

I am a bit weary though that sometimes these discussions do run along racial sensitivities and precludes the more intelligent debate. I sincerely hope this will not be the case here and no person is affronted about blondes being the "exciting interest".

I mean if a blonde main construct is to lighten up this screwed up world and to be displayed as the illicit desire of the times, could this be the reason for many folks wanting to dye their hair and pretend blondness.

Or, I wonder could I be wrong in my believe that the fundamental reasoning to get together with a blonde is to have blonde babies?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the desire to be blonde by all types of folks is all too powerful to neglect some discussions.

It is part of a fashion fad. A way of thinking promoted by....who else? Hollywood!

According to them, "blondes have more fun!" Just ask Marilyn and the other va-va-voom starlets of yesteryears.

Lately, I've seen a lot of young girls who are normally blonde or brown-haired with black hair!

One of my pre-teen girls pointed at one of my moms and asked " is she Goth?"

Huh? What is goth? And this kid explained to me.

Somebody else said..."she looks like someone from the Matrix"

So it's just one of those things.

I don't think it has anything to do with racism and all that.

Fad sounds like a good explanation, but for ages women are dying their hair blonde. Blondes are of course very popular, hungry TV snap up these folks, pop music worship them and politics also have some major blonde players. I mean is Ann Coulter your it girl or Cinderella, they are blondes.

The statistics indicates that 1 out of every 20 American is a true blonde and the same ration is applicable to White Northern Europeans.

But if you take a look down the street probably 1 in every 3 white adult females are blondes. Well, the indication suggest, its not just youth following a fad.

I allude to being bonde is to immerse oneself in some distinct imagery.

First, babies to tend be fair, and everyone loves babies. Perhaps, blonde means being youthful and has association of being like babies, acting out the childish high pitched voices for attracting mates, besides being fair. Men are definitely attracted to youth and we know youth are signs of fertile success.

Blondes are more inviting, get more smiles, radiate glows from their hair, other blondes acknowledges the a member of the "elite", there is preferential treatment. In fact, if a female dyed her hair and looked younger the circle of friends would rush off the do the same.

So my major question is can we afford not to be blonde?

Marilyn Monroe dyed her hair as Margaret Thatcher because being blonde is linked to being feminine, beauty and interestingly the preference of males. Thatcher definitely did it to soften her looks and flatter her features.

Fad sounds like a good explanation, but for ages women are dying their hair blonde. Blondes are of course very popular, hungry TV snap up these folks, pop music worship them and politics also have some major blonde players. I mean is Ann Coulter your it girl or Cinderella, they are blondes.

The statistics indicates that 1 out of every 20 American is a true blonde and the same ration is applicable to White Northern Europeans.

But if you take a look down the street probably 1 in every 3 white adult females are blondes. Well, the indication suggest, its not just youth following a fad.

I allude to being bonde is to immerse oneself in some distinct imagery.

First, babies to tend be fair, and everyone loves babies. Perhaps, blonde means being youthful and has association of being like babies, acting out the childish high pitched voices for attracting mates, besides being fair. Men are definitely attracted to youth and we know youth are signs of fertile success.

Blondes are more inviting, get more smiles, radiate glows from their hair, other blondes acknowledges the a member of the "elite", there is preferential treatment. In fact, if a female dyed her hair and looked younger the circle of friends would rush off the do the same.

Marilyn Monroe dyed her hair as Margaret Thatcher because being blonde is linked to being feminine, beauty and interestingly the preference of males. Thatcher definitely did it to soften her looks and flatter her features.

Christina Aguilera had just finished promoting this new look ala-Marilyn....so expect a flurry of blonde wannabes.

Now, I've been into those historical romances...and I'm telling you, the heroines are mostly red-heads!

And from what I have read....true reds are becoming quite rare.

Can we afford not to be blonde? I sure think so.

Besides, practically everything about a person nowadays can be artificially enhanced, changed, diminished, lifted, colored, implanted, lasered etc.., So if one feel she's got to be blonde....then just go for it.

• 1 month later...

I was referred here from the Women & Beauty thread. My take is somewhat simplistic and I will generally repeat what I mentioned before.

The issue of attractive hair color is unique. Personally, I am attracted to hair and eye color that is opposite of mine. Many women tend to dye their hair blond. I think it is fair to say that blond is considered more attractive. Why? I think the reason might have to do with it being sort-of rare. Blonds tend to darken as they age and very few maintain their blond hair. It is also a recessive trait.
I mean if a blonde main construct is to lighten up this screwed up world and to be displayed as the illicit desire of the times, could this be the reason for many folks wanting to dye their hair and pretend blondness.

Or, I wonder could I be wrong in my believe that the fundamental reasoning to get together with a blonde is to have blonde babies?

I believe both explanations are plausible.

People get jealous and commonly covet what they do not or can not have. People often also want their children to have what they never had.

I've seen a lot of young girls who are normally blonde or brown-haired with black hair!

One of my pre-teen girls pointed at one of my moms and asked " is she Goth?"

Huh? What is goth? And this kid explained to me.

This is a slightly different issue. [i am sure it will not surprise anybody to hear that I can relate. After my mohawk grew out, I used to dye my hair black for several years.] The goth wants to shock or go against the norm. The fashionable-fanatic kids dye their hair blonde. The goths will dye their hair black. It is as simple as that.

A blonde girl dying her hair black is likely fed up of being pigeon-holed.

I do not understand this question. I do not think non-blondes are threatened.
Red heads rule.
Read hair can be bizarre.

I have encountered several pairs of siblings who look exactly the same except one will have distinctly brown hair and the other will have striking red hair.

I used to prefer the irish brunette.....but for highly esoteric reasons.....I liked the contrast of dark pubic patch against the fair skin....And then for a while when I had an east indian lover I preferred the dark mocha skin and her silky pitch black hair...but especially the dark aereolas....and then when I dated a red head i marvelled at her red pubic patch but was less enamoured with her mottled nipples and how the aerolas blends in with her skin.....

My wife is blonde and that's where my attraction now lay. My daughter has waist length blonde hair and my son has a should length mop of red.

I used to prefer the irish brunette.....but for highly esoteric reasons.....I liked the contrast of dark pubic patch against the fair skin....And then for a while when I had an east indian lover I preferred
-- at which point I started to regret reviving this thread.
My wife is blonde and that's where my attraction now lay. My daughter has waist
-- at this point I stopped reading! Aaahhh!

I used to prefer the irish brunette.....but for highly esoteric reasons.....I liked the contrast of dark pubic patch against the fair skin....And then for a while when I had an east indian lover I preferred
-- at which point I started to regret reviving this thread.
My wife is blonde and that's where my attraction now lay. My daughter has waist
-- at this point I stopped reading! Aaahhh!

yet you were compelled to copy and paste......

Would it be ok if I say something on-topic, or are people still focused on Dancer's ex-girlfriends' muffs?

I probably shouldn't even have to ask.

Well, I'll plunge ahead regardless.

What about hair-color in media? Movie, TV, books-- fiction of whatever sort? Do media images shape society's ideas, or just reflect them, or some of each? If someone is casting a character for a TV show, or describing a character in a book, how do they decide what the character is going to look like?

I've been wondering this the past couple of weeks. When I have a chance to watch TV, there are a few crime/detective type shows I follow. I figure I've probably seen ... oh, maybe about 40 TV murders since the start of the new TV season. And about 3/4 of the victims have been blondes. That seems like far too much to be a coincidence... so what's the reasoning behind that creative choice?

-k

If someone is casting a character for a TV show, or describing a character in a book, how do they decide what the character is going to look like?
My guess is that they are playing on our common preference of blonds to create sympathy for the victim in the story.

Let me digress:

News reports sort-of do the same by adding things like "devoted father of..." or "highly regarded in the community for..." when describing victims of crime.

We also do the same during sentencing hearings when friends or family provide "victim impact statements" during sentencing hearings.

• 11 months later...
What about hair-color in media? Movie, TV, books-- fiction of whatever sort? Do media images shape society's ideas, or just reflect them, or some of each? If someone is casting a character for a TV show, or describing a character in a book, how do they decide what the character is going to look like?

I've been wondering this the past couple of weeks. When I have a chance to watch TV, there are a few crime/detective type shows I follow. I figure I've probably seen ... oh, maybe about 40 TV murders since the start of the new TV season. And about 3/4 of the victims have been blondes. That seems like far too much to be a coincidence... so what's the reasoning behind that creative choice?

I doubt the script often calls for a blonde so it must be the producer and casting person.

Why?

At first, I wondered why blondes would be the victims (producer hated Barbie as a kid?) but then I wondered why a woman would be the victim. Leaving aside that question, eventually I concluded that most of the women in TV shows (victim, non-victim, girlfriend, wife, secretary, police assistant investigator etc) are blondes.

Why?

I reckon that blondes are a genetic consequence of light skin and this was an accident of nature of people living in northern climates.

Scientists said yesterday that they have discovered a tiny genetic mutation that largely explains the first appearance of white skin in humans tens of thousands of years ago, a finding that helps solve one of biology's most enduring mysteries and illuminates one of humanity's greatest sources of strife.

The work suggests that the skin-whitening mutation occurred by chance in a single individual after the first human exodus from Africa, when all people were brown-skinned. That person's offspring apparently thrived as humans moved northward into what is now Europe, helping to give rise to the lightest of the world's races.

Washington Post

We now associate correctly or not the behaviour of these people with both white skin and blonde hair. Maybe blondes also stand out against a dark background.

----

It's an interesting point that if geneticists have accurately identified the gene responsible for skin colour, then presumably a woman newly pregnant will be able to know the skin colour of the child-to-be and then choose accordingly.

Edited by August1991

I'm French Canadian, medium brown hair. My ex was British, light brown hair. Our two boys had almost white hair until the age of six. Their hair turned blond then gradually darkened. Now they are in their 30s and both have light brown hair. This also happened to all my grandchildren who now have light brown hair.

A few years ago, I wanted to dye my hair blond just to see what it was like. Probably a middle-age crisis. :rolleyes: Anyway, my hairdresser said it would make me look older. That cured me. I now sport dyed medium brown hair with subtle highlights. :lol:

Edited by capricorn

Blondes are prettier and more attractive to most men. Maybe it's cultural, and maybe it's genetic, but there it is.

On top of that, and unbeknownst to the lilly white liberals hereabout, most of the non-white world hankers to be white, and blonde is the northern archetype of whiteness. It's not white-sponsored "institutionalized racism" or whatever pseudo-academic silliness they've dressed up that perennial favorite in this year, it seems to be a world-wide phenomenon long predating colonialism. The nonsense of white superiority is alive and well...just not where the hamster wheel liberals think it is. Sure there are a few idiots dressed in bedsheets who think whites are better BECAUSE of their whiteness, but for the most part the concept is widespread everywhere BUT the European peopled nations. And, as above, blonde is the archetype.

Most men don't give a damn about hair color but Clairol has managed to convince the less intelligent among them that blondes are prettier. Of course then there is this whole Aryan thing that we some times see crawl out from under a rock. You know the type - they'll tell you that brown people would really rather be white. It's a fascist nutjob thing.

Gentlemen prefer blondes but they marry brunettes, I am told.

Nah, but I have always been attracted to brunettes more over all. I don't think there is anything special about that either, except I have had more crushes on good looking brunettes. Personally I find hair color irrelevant or skin color. Another thing is I like a person's natural color more then a dyed color. Shiny black hair looks perfect on an asian girl. It looks good on Monica Bellucci too.

I used to prefer the irish brunette.....but for highly esoteric reasons.....I liked the contrast of dark pubic patch against the fair skin....And then for a while when I had an east indian lover I preferred the dark mocha skin and her silky pitch black hair...but especially the dark aereolas....and then when I dated a red head i marvelled at her red pubic patch but was less enamoured with her mottled nipples and how the aerolas blends in with her skin.....

Thanks for that. I need a good laugh.

Most men don't give a damn about hair color but Clairol has managed to convince the less intelligent among them that blondes are prettier.
I don't know. I was a redhead until it slowly changed to brown between ages 12 and 15. My older son has red hair.

I'd like it back if I could have it.

Red heads rule blondes are prone to drool.

Just kidding, as a red head I can state we are prone to temper tantrums and we do have a tendancy to have well rather bad tempers.

I, like my wife a carriers of the red head gene.

Our son is a red head. While his temper is normal, his tandancy to be a bad boy is quite beyond the pale. He sometimes sings..: I'm gonna be a bad boy bad boy bad boy FIRETRUCK!.

He is 3

While I am not a red head, the redundant phrase "temper tantrum" drives my fricken crazy. Worse even than turning perfectly good nouns into verbs.

While I am not a red head, the redundant phrase "temper tantrum" drives my fricken crazy. Worse even than turning perfectly good nouns into verbs.

temper tantrum, temper tantrum, temper tantrum, temper tantrum, temper tantrum, temper tantrum, temper tantrum, temper tantrum....