Supreme Court strikes down Trump's federal ban on bump stocks

8 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

It is clear to me that the gun banners don't have any understanding of firearms. That is why they want to ban them. Of course, no ban really harms those that would break the law. Bans only harm those that follow the law.

If it were that simple, then presumably all you would have to do is educate them and things would be fine.

But as you can see, despite providing tons of evidence above and having multiple people explain it, they stick with the same old lies. Things that are demonstrably untrue.

They don't actually care about guns. They care about power. And they care about any symbol or Icon of the republican or right side of the aisle.

For many years, firearms were away that parents taught their children about responsibility, about hunting and the wild world, and about their duty to protect their families and themselves. None of that is acceptable to democrats who are pretty much against all of those things.

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

It's not rocket science. A car's primary function is not to kill people. It's an id*otic comparison. 

Are you saying a gun's "Primary" function is to kill people? 

Hmmmm.... guess all mine must be defective, i use them all the time and they haven't killed anyone :) 

16 hours ago, Aristides said:

An AR15 with a bump stock increases its rate of fire up to 800 rounds per minute. A M16 rate of fire on full auto is 700 - 800 rounds per minute. So yes, it does make it a machine gun.

One could suppose you do not know the difference between a magazine (not Hustler) and an ammo belt (not a WWF belt). So no it is a world apart from a machine gun,

Did you get bumped by a stock?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If it were that simple, then presumably all you would have to do is educate them and things would be fine.

But as you can see, despite providing tons of evidence above and having multiple people explain it, they stick with the same old lies. Things that are demonstrably untrue.

They don't actually care about guns. They care about power. And they care about any symbol or Icon of the republican or right side of the aisle.

For many years, firearms were away that parents taught their children about responsibility, about hunting and the wild world, and about their duty to protect their families and themselves. None of that is acceptable to democrats who are pretty much against all of those things.

Are you saying a gun's "Primary" function is to kill people? 

Hmmmm.... guess all mine must be defective, i use them all the time and they haven't killed anyone :) 

I never said they weren't willfully ignorant. 🤨

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legato said:

One could suppose you do not know the difference between a magazine (not Hustler) and an ammo belt (not a WWF belt). So no it is a world apart from a machine gun,

At least he didnt call it a clip :) 

33 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

At least he didnt call it a clip :) 

My SKS takes a clip. Can also take a magazine unfortunately pinned for 5.

2 hours ago, Legato said:

Seems you don't know the definition of a machine gun.  You nit pick minutia because you can't admit that a bump stock gives an AR15 the same rate of fire as a fully automatic rifle. Deflect, deflect.

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

It is clear to me that the gun banners don't have any understanding of firearms. That is why they want to ban them. Of course, no ban really harms those that would break the law. Bans only harm those that follow the law.

The topic is the banning of bump stocks, not guns. Deflect, deflect.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Seems you don't know the definition of a machine gun.  You nit pick minutia because you can't admit that a bump stock gives an AR15 the same rate of fire as a fully automatic rifle. Deflect, deflect.

An auto rifle is not a machine gun. Deflect.

Moat auto's can only hold a 30 round magazine. Most ammo belts hold up to 300 rounds.

Then there's accuracy.

18 minutes ago, Legato said:

An auto rifle is not a machine gun. Deflect.

Moat auto's can only hold a 30 round magazine. Most ammo belts hold up to 300 rounds.

Then there's accuracy.

I agree it is not. The point you can't bring yourself to acknowledge is an AR15 with a bump stock can empty a magazine in about the same time as a M16 in fully auto

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

He knows it just fine. You're the one who doesn't get it. A bump stock does not give an AR-15 the same rate of fire as a fully automatic rifle. It's a lie, you know it's a lie, evidence has been provided showing it's a lie, but the truth is not important to you. Being able to virtue signal about dead people is important to you

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I agree it is not. The point you can't bring yourself to acknowledge is an AR15 with a bump stock can empty a magazine in about the same time as a M16 in fully auto

Again, not true. If you are standing absolutely still in a static circumstance under ideal conditions then it can sometimes achieve a similar rate of fire. But the fact of the matter is in 99% of uses it cannot.

With just a little bit of practice you can pull the trigger with your finger as fast or faster. A Bump fire is a toy, nothing more