Cheney shoots friend

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a hunter but is it unreasonable to assume that when you're in a hunting party you should know where EVERYONE is in relation to oneself?

I think Cheney is a politician and he misfired...

Just in case some of you may have missed it. http://dickhunt.ytmnd.com/

LOLS *breath* LOLS.

Now personaly I really do not care/like that website but this one was too damn funny. I was at work with a client on the phone when I read this , tried to stiffle a laugh, but end up gigglin, he asks what was so funny. Too bad I could not tell him.

Spread the love around folks.

Just in case some of you may have missed it. http://dickhunt.ytmnd.com/

LOLS *breath* LOLS.

Now personaly I really do not care/like that website but this one was too damn funny. I was at work with a client on the phone when I read this , tried to stiffle a laugh, but end up gigglin, he asks what was so funny. Too bad I could not tell him.

Spread the love around folks.

LOL!!! :lol:

there is something very odd about how it was all reported... why did they fail to allow Cheney to be interviewed until the next day? Why when a Sheriffs Deputy showed to interview him that night was he turned away by the Secret Service?

I gotta think ol' Dick was a drinkin' or sump'in. Why else would they delay access to him? He really ought to be charged with Careless Use or something... Just goes to show how above the Law the Executive Branch feels they are.

Bwaaaahahaha... Will Cheney be charged with Manslaughter if the old guy bites????

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/14/cheney/index.html

The fellow hunter who was shot and wounded by Vice President Dick Cheney has suffered a "minor heart attack" after a piece of birdshot migrated to his heart, a hospital spokesman said Tuesday.

I hate to pull the conspiracy card, but I have little doubt that there was a little bit of trigger-happy craziness here, maybe alcohol induced.

From the reports I've seen/read, they got out of the car to shoot. Like step out and blast these quails. Then the guy heads off to pick up one he shot and Cheney shoots him again in the face. Hitting someone at 30 metres with a small shotgun right in the face/chest is almost impossible unless you saw him there.

Is it too hard to believe that a few beers were had and some judgement was clouded?

Bwaaaahahaha...

I'm glad you find the prospect of someone dying so humorous.

We can't get bin Laden, but we nailed a 78-year-old attorney

Not sure exactly what Bin Laden has to do with this incident.

Some just do not understand certain types of humour. What does Bin Laden have to do with it? Maybe nothing, maybe everything. The reason Bin Laden was mentioned is that he finds it funny that they cannot hunt and kill the master mind behind a ... forget it .. nevermind.. move along.

I hate to pull the conspiracy card, but I have little doubt that there was a little bit of trigger-happy craziness here, maybe alcohol induced.

From the reports I've seen/read, they got out of the car to shoot. Like step out and blast these quails. Then the guy heads off to pick up one he shot and Cheney shoots him again in the face. Hitting someone at 30 metres with a small shotgun right in the face/chest is almost impossible unless you saw him there.

Is it too hard to believe that a few beers were had and some judgement was clouded?

That's interesting: an article on MSNBC quoted Cheney's spokesperson as saying there may have been "a few beers around" (that reference was subsequently yanked form the article). Also, we know Cheney didn't talk to local law enforcement for almost 24 hours (needed time to sober up?) Also, alcohol is part of the hunting culture (especially for rich dudes playing at being good ol' boys). It's certainly a reasonable path to go down (alcohol would also explain many other of this administration's decisions).

Certainly, the White House's treatment of the incident hasn't given the impression thay've nothing to hide. Or maybe they are just so obsessed with secrecy that even something as relatively innocuous as this has to be covered up (after blaming the victim, of course).

Bwaaaahahaha...

I'm glad you find the prospect of someone dying so humorous.

We can't get bin Laden, but we nailed a 78-year-old attorney

Not sure exactly what Bin Laden has to do with this incident.

But hes not dead is he?

and the Bin ladan comment is supposed to be funny, because well your Heads of State cant hunt down a terrorist but they can hunt down a 78 year old man. its pretty funny right?

what were they doing out hunting anyways?

at 78 I wouldnt be out hunting.

Perhpas he was hiding his mistress???????

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20060215/...wN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Sirius radio's Alex Bennett just broke a rumor that the delay in reporting the news that Cheney shot an old man in the heart was due to an effort to hide or spin Cheney's female companion.

Boy oh boy... they better get Satelitte under the thumb of the FCC quick!

But hes not dead is he?

No he isn't, which is exactly why I stated "the prospect of someone dying". Read before you post.

and the Bin ladan comment is supposed to be funny, because well your Heads of State cant hunt down a terrorist but they can hunt down a 78 year old man. its pretty funny right?
Some just do not understand certain types of humour. What does Bin Laden have to do with it? Maybe nothing, maybe everything. The reason Bin Laden was mentioned is that he finds it funny that they cannot hunt and kill the master mind behind a ... forget it .. nevermind.. move along

Ok. I'd like to take this opportunity to educate some of you. Here's a newsflash. Dick Cheney isn't in the mountains of Afghanistan searching for Osama Bin Laden. President Bush isn't in the mountains of Afghanistan searching for Osama Bin Laden. Who is you may ask yourself? Brave men and women of the American military, and Special Ops. So when you refer to "they" haven't been able to catch Bin Laden but "they" can hunt down a 78 year old man, it makes absolutely no sense. If you can't believe that the Special Operations soldiers in Afghanistan haven't been able to capture of kill Osama Bin Laden yet, and that it's an easy enough job that should have been completed by now, maybe you should pick up a gun and try it yourself. If not, shut the fuck up, and stop disparaging the brave people (who don't include policitians) that are trying to accomplish that goal.

But hes not dead is he?

No he isn't, which is exactly why I stated "the prospect of someone dying". Read before you post.

Some just do not understand certain types of humour. What does Bin Laden have to do with it? Maybe nothing, maybe everything. The reason Bin Laden was mentioned is that he finds it funny that they cannot hunt and kill the master mind behind a ... forget it .. nevermind.. move along

Ok. I'd like to take this opportunity to educate some of you. Here's a newsflash. Dick Cheney isn't in the mountains of Afghanistan searching for Osama Bin Laden. President Bush isn't in the mountains of Afghanistan searching for Osama Bin Laden. Who is you may ask yourself? Brave men and women of the American military, and Special Ops. So when you refer to "they" haven't been able to catch Bin Laden but "they" can hunt down a 78 year old man, it makes absolutely no sense. If you can't believe that the Special Operations soldiers in Afghanistan haven't been able to capture of kill Osama Bin Laden yet, and that it's an easy enough job that should have been completed by now, maybe you should pick up a gun and try it yourself. If not, shut the fuck up, and stop disparaging the brave people (who don't include policitians) that are trying to accomplish that goal.

Hey, aren't you among the bunch in here that promotes free speech?

Ever heard of Murphy's Law? Not hard to believe at all.

Top Ten Dick Cheney Excuses

10. "Heart palpitation caused trigger finger to spasm"

9. "Wanted to get the Iraq mess off the front page"

8. "Not enough Jim Beam"

7. "Trying to stop the spread of bird flu"

6. "I love to shoot people"

5. "Guy was making cracks about my lesbian daughter"

4. "I thought the guy was trying to go 'gay cowboy' on me"

3. "Excuse? I hit him, didn't I?"

2. "Until Democrats approve medicare reform, we have to make some tough choices for the elderly"

1. "Made a bet with Gretzky's wife"

David Letterman, 13-Feb-2006