Anti semitism all the rage on US college campuses

5 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Forget about Netanyahu.  Clinton put a serious effort into creating a two state solution, and Arafat rejected it. I absolutely agree that Israel should have a leader who talks about creating a two state solution every single day, and does everything possible to ensure that Israel is open to it… but Hamas absolutely will not allow it.

As for what happened 75 years ago, what’s your point? That you want war? That you think seven million Jews should be murdered?  I’m serious… We don’t live in 1948, we live in 2024. Today, there are Israeli Jews, Israeli Arabs and Palestinian Arabs. That’s the situation we have today. You can’t solve this conflict by claiming that seven million people shouldn’t exist. It’s pointless.  

Nations all around the world were established with arbitrary borders. If people want to thrive and grow in this world, they need to stop living in the past and whining about how unfair some treaty was, and instead working towards living productive and peaceful lives. 

We can't forget about Netanyahu as long as he's calling the shots. And BOMBS.

Just now, User said:

Yeah, its different, but the same kind of thing... instead of saying there are good people on "both sides" he did whataboutism and said there were bad people on "both sides"

It's NOT a "whataboutism" when one thing directly caused the other.

"whataboutism" is when you excuse the actions of one person by saying another did the same thing in a different scenario.

This is cause and effect.

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It is an Israeli War Cabinet making decisions, which includes the major opposition leader. Netanyahu is not a dictator and they have the support of the Israeli people.

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It's NOT a "whataboutism" when one thing directly caused the other.

"whataboutism" is when you excuse the actions of one person by saying another did the same thing in a different scenario.

This is cause and effect.

So its even worse... you think he was actually excusing the bad actors, blaming the other side. 

33 minutes ago, robosmith said:

We can’t forget that you are taking the side of a designated terrorist organization that states a goal of destroying its enemy.  Israel’s goal is to destroy Hamas, not Palestine.  

As for Netanyahu, he is the unfortunate result of 75 years of nonstop war and terrorism directed at Israeli civilians. You know I don’t support him, but… well, you can see what happens every time terrorists commit terrorist acts.  They badly harm their own people.  It’s horrible.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rebound said:

We can’t forget that you are taking the side of a designated terrorist organization that states a goal of destroying its enemy.  Israel’s goal is to destroy Hamas, not Palestine.  

That is TWO assumptions from you. I am NOT taking Hamas side, I am, and HAVE SAID, that Netanyahu is every bit as responsible for their attack's success as Hamas was. I just don't believe he's THAT incompetent when it comes to security. Their failure to defend is indefensible.

It doesn't matter whether they deny the goal of destroying Gaza, they ARE destroying Gaza and stealing land in the West bank. Right wingers in the government coalition are outright saying the Palestinians have no right to be there.

38 minutes ago, Rebound said:

As for Netanyahu, he is the unfortunate result of 75 years of nonstop war and terrorism directed at Israeli civilians. You know I don’t support him, but… well, you can see what happens every time terrorists commit terrorist acts.  They badly harm their own people.  It’s horrible.  

And that "nonstop war" is the direct result of massive displacement and theft of Palestinian land.

On 4/23/2024 at 3:16 AM, Michael Hardner said:

I googled "Block Jewish students" and only came back with Twitter accounts alleging this. That said, there are plenty of reputable sources that are documenting anti Semitic incidents and indeed even in Canada, they protest in Jewish neighbourhoods.

I don't think that the public is charged with condemning terrorists but we are charged with holding our fellow citizens to account for such racist behaviour.

Apparently your Google is an abridged one, 3 days ago NEWSWEEK published video of Columbia protesters Taking Actions against 'Zionists.'

9 minutes ago, robosmith said:

That is TWO assumptions from you. I am NOT taking Hamas side, I am, and HAVE SAID, that Netanyahu is every bit as responsible for their attack's success as Hamas was. I just don't believe he's THAT incompetent when it comes to security. Their failure to defend is indefensible.

It doesn't matter whether they deny the goal of destroying Gaza, they ARE destroying Gaza and stealing land in the West bank. Right wingers in the government coalition are outright saying the Palestinians have no right to be there.

And that "nonstop war" is the direct result of massive displacement and theft of Palestinian land.

No, it’s the result of refusing to accept the existence of Israel, which now has 7 million people and cannot be replaced.  

On 4/23/2024 at 7:21 AM, User said:

Is being obtuse in your responses your big schtick here, like, do you really think that will win a discussion? It just comes across as dishonest and lazy. 

You don't need to see someone trying to get past a chain to understand they have formed a chain that blocks students. You can also easily google this or if you pay any attention to the news at all, see students are getting arrested for blocking students...

"At Yale, university and New Haven police officers removed the protesters camped outside the Schwarzman Center on Monday and blocked entry to Beinecke Plaza. "
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yale-students-demonstrators-detained-amid-pro-palestinian-protest/

Yet again... if you pay attention to any of the garbage they are chanting:

Call me crazy, that seems pretty obvious... 

So, do you have any other lazy stupid comments for me?

Yeah, you too are unable to identify people being blocked by a human chain.

If someone tried that with me, I would just push my way past them.

When I was in JHS, I walked through the school gym past a line of upper class boys waiting in line for their class dismissal. They took strong exception to my passing them to get out the door and wanted to fight. I said, "how many of you does it take"? and all but one backed off. So I pushed the bar on the door and walked out. Bye bye suckers.

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

No, it’s the result of refusing to accept the existence of Israel, which now has 7 million people and cannot be replaced.  

And won't accept a 2 or 1 state solution. The only alternative is ethnic cleansing, AKA mass expulsion.

Members of the Israeli government are advocating that.

10 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Apparently your Google is an abridged one, 3 days ago NEWSWEEK published video of Columbia protesters Taking Actions against 'Zionists.'

I told you what specifically I searched.  Why are you telling me this?

51 minutes ago, robosmith said:

And won't accept a 2 or 1 state solution. The only alternative is ethnic cleansing, AKA mass expulsion.

True, but there are members of the U.S. government advocating awful things as well.  Israel is a democracy and they can walk back from extremism.  The Palestinians… I don’t know.  

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

Yeah, you too are unable to identify people being blocked by a human chain.

If someone tried that with me, I would just push my way past them.

When I was in JHS, I walked through the school gym past a line of upper class boys waiting in line for their class dismissal. They took strong exception to my passing them to get out the door and wanted to fight. I said, "how many of you does it take"? and all but one backed off. So I pushed the bar on the door and walked out. Bye bye suckers.

Seriously, your schtick is tiresome. I have already responded to you on this and provided sources as well. Listen to yourself... try to think about it. If they formed a human chain... with the purpose of blocking people, it stands to reason that people were blocked. In fact, the police started arresting the protestors because of that. 

You just assert garbage and then ignore the inconvenient facts that prove your comments are nonsense. 

Since you ignored it before, maybe this time you will read it:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, robosmith said:

It’s the Palestinians who won’t support a two state solution.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rebound said:

Well, they claim they will, if their absurdly unrealistic demands are met, to go back to the borders of 1948, to include a 100% right of return of Palestinians and 100% withdrawal of all Jews. 

Even then, even if Israel met such an absurdly dead on arrival demand, does anyone really believe all the terrorism and hate for Jews stops there and they live in peace? No. Nothing has really changed since 1948 when they decided to go to war against Israel in the first place. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:53 AM, User said:

“I condemn the antisemitic protests, that’s why I’ve set up a program to deal with that,” Biden told reporters following a Virginia event marking Earth Day, without specifying to what program he was referring.

“I also condemn those who don’t understand what’s going on with the Palestinians.”

So he's condemning himself then, because we all know that he's mentally incapable of understanding "what’s going on with the Palestinians.” I can guarantee he has no clue, even if he was told yesterday.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, User said:

Well, they claim they will, if their absurdly unrealistic demands are met, to go back to the borders of 1948, to include a 100% right of return of Palestinians and 100% withdrawal of all Jews. 

1) None of the Arabs who back that solution would advocate for the same thing in Pakistan, where hundreds of thousands of Sikhs and Hindus were burned to death, hacked to death and shot, and about 8 million of them were driven from their homes, when Pakistan was given their sovereign borders for the exact same reasons and by the exact same means as Israel was. 

2) It's an inch... mile thing. They know that Israel's original borders made it indefensible, and they know that it will be easier to wipe them out/kill them all if they ever went back to that joke of a map:

ScreenShot2024-04-25at7_27_26AM.thumb.png.038440214a43c2da4e6bf756108705ae.png

Nothing makes muslims more upset than seeing the Jews with a bit of sovereignty. They're way happier seeing them slaughtered.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rebound said:

The Palestinians want nothing short of a genocide against the Jews, and they're willing to get to that point incrementally.

"First, we demand this..." Then that won't be enough, and they'll ask for more, and more, until Israel is no more and all the Jews are dead. After the massacre, the muslim world will completely accept Palestine as a legitimate nation, just like they do with Pakistan.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, User said:

Seriously, your schtick is tiresome. I have already responded to you on this and provided sources as well. Listen to yourself... try to think about it. If they formed a human chain... with the purpose of blocking people, 

What you said is completely true, but our robot is programmed to never admit to anything. 

He has been given his talking point and no amount of evidence will ever change that.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, robosmith said:

I can walk you back through history as far as you'd like, to help you understand this situation.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I can walk you back through history as far as you'd like, to help you understand this situation.

Robo thinks history is a gender like herstory.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, robosmith said:

Dude, you are absolutely taking Hamas’ side here.  You can’t pretend that a massive terrorist attacked occurred. Hamas is the government of Gaza.  Their attack was deliberate and coordinated and they refuse to ceasefire or surrender.  That is the issue here.  Hamas is the reason why there’s a war going on. Terrorism is the reason why the Palestinians haven’t been able to be recognized as an independent nation.  

53 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The Palestinians want nothing short of a genocide against the Jews, and they're willing to get to that point incrementally.

"First, we demand this..." Then that won't be enough, and they'll ask for more, and more, until Israel is no more and all the Jews are dead. After the massacre, the muslim world will completely accept Palestine as a legitimate nation, just like they do with Pakistan.

We don’t even need to put words in their mouths; they are clear about insisting on the destruction of Israel. 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2024 at 6:43 PM, robosmith said:

Don’t deny the simple fact: Two million people live in Gaza, and allegedly 30,000 have been killed.  

If Israel’s goal is “ethnic cleansing,” why has only 1% of Gaza’s population died? Is that the best they could do?  

• Like 1